- 20+ years of working in Oil & Confidential Industry in various capacities of Operations and Maintenance projects and consulting.
- Long term focus on SAP Plant Maintenance as a Subject - Matter-Expert in Upstream and Downstream areas.
- Performed detailed maintenance engineering work on Information Technology and business-controlled projects involving examination and analysis of corporate Master Data definitions, Functional Location development, Notifications, Work order configuration and association to cross-company billing relating to OTC and RTP processes.
- Assignments have included management of refinery engineering and petrochemical plant information software applications highlighting SAP Plant Maintenance, Materials Management and other PM integrated SAP Modules.
- Expert in the development of ERP Manufacturing Execution Systems for major oil and Confidential related enterprises focusing on efficient operations deploying elimination, simplification, standardization and automation techniques to improve critical manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with plant operations and critical safety processes for upstream and downstream oil and Confidential companies.
SAP PM Consultant Lead
- SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) Expert and Consult with Oil & Confidential Clients to help them glean hidden information from analytical methods stemmed in operations and maintenance Best Practices using data through digital infrastructures, mobility and
- Geospatial interactivity for higher performance, safety and increased profits.
- Presently working on an SAP Enterprise Asset Management System, Extended Global Template design for the world’s largest Oil Services company (Schlumberger).
- Work involves all SLB’s global acquisitions and developing end-to-end scenario themes for central global SAP EAM operational, maintenance (imro), materials management and financial control for complete global transformation of company functions.
- Define MDG structure and collection manual to align legacy equipment to SAP equipment master data structure.
- Data included Catalogues, Task Lists, Classifications, Items, Strategies.
Senior SAP PM SME
- Primary focus is on technical teams as well as functional evaluation, pre-sales and business delivery.
- Consult with Oil & Confidential Clients to help them glean hidden information from analytical methods stemmed in operations and maintenance best practices using data through digital infrastructures, mobility and geospatial interactivity for higher performance, safety and increased profits.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior Managing Consultant
- Provide SAP PM ECC6 consulting services for several Huntsman plants including Port Neches, Conroe and Freeport.
- Assignment includes a full review of their maintenance management system configurations and application of master data.
- In addition work is highly involved with FI/CO and IT departments as an integrated solution is required.
- Prepared 56 page report and made Power Point presentation to Huntsman CIO and upper management describing operational and maintenance answers to improve efficiency and profitability.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP Plant Maintenance Consultant
- Provide major Oil and Confidential Clients with Global SAP Plant Maintenance implementation services.
- Works involves management and lead activities to development and configure of Functional Location structures, Equipment templates, Maintenance Plans, Notifications, Maintenance Orders and overall site reliability based on standardization, simplification and automation principles.
- Other responsibilities include developing design, documentation and testing prototype configuration. Communicate with business owners and make sure deliverables meet business and operations requirements. Duties involved:
- Front-End Plant Maintenance Evaluation and Project Plan & Scope
- Document Business Requirements (Stakeholder delivery presentation)
- Review SAP PM EP Blueprint Design for use with R&D
- Conduct Gap Analysis
- Develop Process Design
- Institute Change Control
- Script Development
- Testing (Unit, Development, Acceptance, Integration, and User)
- Client Interviews (various levels)
- Purchase Requisition, Order, Goods Receipt and Materials Management
- Work involved integration of PM with MM module for cross company billing and BPS. Involving settlement of at various cost object including cost center, WBS, and internal orders.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Provided Client and Project Support for Asset Performance Management with focus on Failure Elimination, Asset Strategies, Mechanical Integrity, and Asset Safety so that a fully integrated plan is implemented from Business Requirements to efficient Asset Utilization, involving People, Physical and Logical Systems for continuous improvement.
- Work involved plant manufacturing systems, such as SAP PM ECC6, Maximo, and other Enterprise Asset Management systems and Smart Plant Foundation Instrumentation systems and their integration to Meridium software for a common collection of information where better business and operating decisions could be made.
Confidential, Austin, TX
C&P Industry Solutions Development - SME
- Worked with software developers and sales team to prepare an independent comparative analysis for Confidential ’s Information Integration Core (IIC) v1.4/1.5 product.
- Successfully Completed analysis and presented white paper to Product Manager.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
SAP Plant Maintenance Consultant
- Performed consulting services for Confidential . Work specifically involved evaluation of Shell's identified Global Safety Critical Elements and Integrity Assurance Tasks against offshore operating procedures used on Platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. The project created visibility through integration of SCE Performance Standards, a Facility Status Report, and a Quality Management recording component integrated in SAP that allows for assurance of safe and efficient operations.
- Worked with all Shell Exploration and Production platforms in Gulf of Mexico providing support for Shell’s global Safety Critical Elements (SCE) and Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
- Project included upper management visibility to ensure that 117 Performance Standards were in place and performed in routinely scheduled Maintenance Orders and verified via Shell’s Facilities Status Report tool.
- Used, developed and made modifications to Functional Location hierarchy structures, Task List, Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, Strategies, Notifications, BW reports, and SCE Management process through Asset’s life cycle.
- In addition the project involved onshore and offshore personnel training and intricate SAP PM, ECC 6 Analysis of operational and maintenance safety procedures to make sure people, environment and assets were “verifiably” safe to operate.
Confidential, Newport, NJ
- Provided functional subject matter expertise in an SAP-PM ECC 6 assessment of the PANYNJ, PATH Passenger Rail Car maintenance system.
- Areas of work included senior level management and technical interviews, software application reviews of SAP PM, (ECC6 object analysis) and TENERA (mainframe) which would later be upgraded to SPEAR (windows-based version).
- A detailed assessment of PATH business processes including Maintenance Orders, Component Movement (Assemblies), Task Lists, Notifications, Service Warranty Claims and Functional Location development was performed so that upper management could prepare a business plan for effective moves forward.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP PM (Consultant)
- Manage implementation of SAP Plant Maintenance ECC 6 project for multiple Shell operating companies.
- Work involves development of Business Processes, Functional Location hierarchies, standardized Task List, BOM, Maintenance Plans, Equipment Hierarchy with integration to Process Control System, Asset Management System, Materials Management Systems and Production Planning System.
- Material Management for consignment vendor accounting and process flow including MRP Purchasing Requirements for Demand, PR (manually created or automatically created from system, RFQ, Vendor Determination, PO, Goods Receipt Inspection Inventory Management and Invoice Processing and Settlement to appropriate accounts.
Confidential, Bakersfield, CA
Senior Project Facilities Engineer
- Primary duties include working on the Westside Produced Water Project (WPWP) to identify, design, engineer, develop, test, construct and commission crude oil recovery systems and produced water handling and well injection facilities.
- Manage Confidential Engineering Business Partners to obtain Confidential policies and operational goals and objectives.
- Work with geologist, reservoir engineers, environmentalists and drilling engineers and others on a diverse project team to determine best functional and economic alternatives to handle produced water in the Cymric, Midway Sunset and Coalinga crude oil production fields.
- Involved in SCADA, SOPs and Confidential s Operational Assurance control systems philosophy
- Managed all aspects of Operational Assurance and Maintenance Job Plans, Standard Operating Procedure and Materials Management
- Worked within the Confidential Project Development and Execution Process (CPDEP) to evaluate alternatives, set forecasts, engage stakeholders, design, engineer and construction facilities for operation.
- Used RTP software to transmit field data on WLAN to monitor water pressure and flow rates into formation frac - gradient controlled zones.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Led marketing introduction paper write-up which demonstrated Confidential ’s experience in Data Quality and Hydrocarbon Accounting for Shell Oil operations in Gulf of Mexico including product and material usage. Work involved researching historical projects and summarizing work to highlight Confidential ’s roles.
- Worked on project team of 4 including Shell Account Manager.
- Evaluated feasibility plan for Confidential supply chain network of MRO items used in the area by National Oil Companies.
- Reviewed Asset management presentation papers.
- Work involved comparing Asset Management functions in downstream to upstream oil and Confidential operations and making appropriate changes.
Confidential, Sugar Land, TX
SAP PM Lead
- Provided overall departmental management functions including university engineering recruitment, international front end project development and sales of Manufacturing Technology Systems, Process Controls & System loading for overall project strategy for continuous operation.
- Integrated business process plans with manufacturing execution system functions.
- Developed a 60 page document based on ISA S95 framework outlining a business and technical plan to combine 5 previously purchased oil sands development sites under one consistent and efficiently operating entity. The new Voyageur Upgrader facility was the focal point of this massive improvement effort for Suncor Energy.
- Specifically the assignment was comprehensive and covered contribution to project design basis for most effective integration of the following deliverables:
- Enterprise Master Plan 60 page document using the Confidential methodology.
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) and Site Supporting Plan.
- Human and Organization - People Systems Plan .
- Process Instrumentation and Information and Software - Logical Systems Plan (Maximo v 6.2 conversion to SAP PM).
- Plant Site Integration Architecture - Physical Systems Plan .
- Managed the Sunoco Project Implementation Plan (SPIM) which assured safety and stakeholder inclusion throughout all project phases to carry out Front End Engineering and Design, Detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction Operational Readiness and Startup .
- Presented and built support with all levels of management (C - Level to Line Managers) to gain buy-in for the project model and development plans.
- Projected human resources needed for initial evaluation of project scope for corporate infrastructure and information system development
- Developed a communication management plan to capture pertinent information.
- Worked with upper management and Information management to define an initial budget to develop preliminary scope, and to solidify project charter and stakeholder buy-in.
- Project human resource, materials and tool management
- Developed objectives, work breakdown structures (WBS), definitions, Scope baselines, dictionary of terms.
- Identified quantitative, qualitative, risk analysis and response planning. Developed set of risk and proactive risk mitigation strategies.
- Developed a schedule to complete identified work. Highlighted milestones and defined activities. Associated resources need to accomplish activities.
- Implemented a set of standards to support work requirements.
- Met with and discussed requirements with many contractors and suppliers of materials, goods and services for project fulfilment
- Developed procurement processes, worked with upper management to understand contract terms and conditions, delineated project management requirements such as reports, critical meetings, actions and communications.
Technologies: SAP-PM, over 20 different desktop software applications software were evaluated and considered for the SUNCOR Upgrader and corporate infrastructure consolidation project.
- Met with Engineers and Managers of the Confidential in Durbin, South Africa to develop plans to build a new refinery and multi - fuel pipeline from Durbin to Johannesburg.
- Assured Petronet and Transnet government officials that work would meet all federal compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Provided Improvements for using, SCADA and Computerized Maintenance Management System to more efficiently management of tanker unloading of fuels into pipeline for northern transport.
- Setup plans to convert Maximo v6.2 to SAP Plant Maintenance as part of a global initiative. (TIC ~ $ 4.0B)
- Worked with engineers and manager at the Confidential in Durbin S.A. which would supply gasoline and diesel products to Johannesburg and other countries north of South Africa.
- Inspected Tanker Marine terminal in Durbin to identify areas for production performance improvements in accordance with ISA 95 part 3 standards.
- Setup plans to convert Maximo v6.2 to SAP Plant Maintenance as part of a global initiative in accordance with ANSI - ISA S95 open standards. (TIC ~ $ 4.0 B).
Technologies: SAP, SCADA, Maximo v6
Project Management Officer & Project Manager
- Lead Project management for conversion of a 118 year old refinery in Whiting, Indiana to handle refining of heavy crude oil from oil sands of Alberta, Canada. Performed and Lead Material evaluation and requirements planning.
- Work involved refinery expansion/ revamp projects for BP - Whiting plant including all aspects of converting existing plant to handle heavy synthetic oil sands produced and piped from the Fort McMurray region of Alberta Canada.
- Provided management of process engineering and design of Confidential Oil Hydrotreater, Pipestill, Sulfur Recovery Complex, Coker and various OSBL projects.
- Manufacturing Execution Systems included SAP Plant Maintenance Module which will be populated with INTools equipment database software.
- Operator Training Simulator, Operational Readiness Plan, Other Maintenance Strategy documentation, equipment numbering conversion system, spare parts, inventory control system, materials management, resource load requirements and training.
- Provided consulting on refinery Operator Training Simulator (OTS) using Advanced Process Controls (APC) analysis of steady-state refinery operation with Delta-V modeling profiles.
- Developed Risk Mitigation plan as part of project structure.
Technologies: SAP, SCADA, Maximo v6.x
Principle Design Engineer/Project Manager
- Performed engineering studies for various areas of 5 offshore platforms in Yellow sea of China.
- Work involved all platform levels, Lift design and strategy bridge connecting section between platforms, Riser Utility Platform (RUP), Floating Platform Storage and Offloading ( FPSO) vessel.
- Preformed Heat Load Study for Data Server room for proper air conditioning and cooling system sizing.
- Calculated load designed for all fixed equipment and clearance positions. Updated and made final verification sign - off on all relevant P&ID s, drawings and documents through a series of controlled squad checks between contractors and Fluor.
- Determined Material Requirements for all communication cabling including copper, fiber, coax and Ethernet systems
- Prepared maintenance and operational manuals for platform and emergency equipment systems.
Technologies: Riser Utility Platform (RUP) design, Ms Project, Primavera, CCTV, Paging System
Confidential, Glen Rose, TX
Maintenance Management Consultant
- Led major role in making sure functional activities met compliance management requirements in Maximo v6.0 implementation.
- Responsible for Nuclear Regulatory Preventive Maintenance, Surveillances and Commitments. Converted frequency of outages into MAXIMO s scheduling.
- Software including 12 week, 550 day, and 18 month required preventive maintenance schedules.
- Set Nuclear reactor operational mode maintenance performance and applicability period.
- Developed operational models to demonstrate equipment, environmental and Reactor status conditions required to perform critical Routine Tests and Preventive Maintenance operations.
- Developed Job Plans, including Labor Materials and Tools for vessel inspection to ensure equipment reliability, availability and maintenance were within regulatory requirements.
Technologies: Maximo, Oracle Financials and Oracle Data Guard, Confidential Web server, Rational Rose, Clearcase, Clear quest