- SAP FICO associate with around 8 years of Functional experience as SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Releases - 4.0 through ECC 6.0) in corporate environment covering three full life-cycle implementations, system upgrade and production support using ASAP methodology and SAP best practices in SAP Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling(CO).
- Experience in ERP covering all stages of pre-implementation, implementation and post-implementation with the expert knowledge of relevant integration aspects.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, SOX principles.
- Part of Teams skilled in Project Evaluation, Information Gathering, Business Blue Print, Documentation, Customization and Configuration with an in depth Understanding of Business Processes related to FICO and Integration with SD, PP, MM, BPC and PS Modules.
- Configured & Tested Financial Accounting & Controlling FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-AA,FI-SPL,FI-BA, CO-CCA, CO-PCA, CO-PC,CO-PA, CO-IO in Complex Business Environments.
- Experienced in using LSMW, CATT, ABAP Queries, Report Painter, Report Writer, EDI and Solution Manager.
- Extensively worked with the HP-Quality Center, Remedy tools and Test Automation using QTP
- Extensively worked in the Onsite and Off shore model and coordinated the resources and achieving the deliverables as planned.
- User Training on the processes and assistance in developing End User Document, Period End closing.
- Experience in Integration of Legacy System Interfaces with SAP functionality.
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical skills and abilities to make Balanced & Independent Decisions, Good Team Player, and Strong Interpersonal, Organizational and Communication skills combined with Self-Motivation, Initiative and Project Management Attributes.
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.0-4.7, ECC 6.0
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/2003.
Tools: MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio & Front Page
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Working as FICO functional deployment consultant for the plants in US, Europe for the Global rolls out (including Greenfield deployments) and also assisted with the new releases.
- Conducted workshops (Localizations) to map the AS-IS system (Legacy-MAMM) to the TO-BE system (SAP) and any GAPS between the Global Template and Plant Specific scenarios.
- Conducted workshops to analyses the reporting requirements Global Consolidations reporting, month end closing impacts from the Business Processes AS-IS and created change requests accordingly to comply with the SAB 101 accounting principles.
- Created the Conversion Design Documents (CDD) - templates, Lift and Shift & Manual Configuration in lower clients.
- Involved in the design & configuration- Integration of GL- Product costing, AP, and AR, Asset Accounting, COPA covering intercompany and currency revaluations complying with the US GAAP and IFRS.
- Involved in SD-FI Integration: Customer Master Records, company code data, account groups, payment terms, and Revenue account determination - Account keys, accruals and clearing the blocked invoices, credit control area etc., as part of testing and Data load cycles.
- Involved in FI-MM integration: Account assignment category’s -valuated and Non valuated material, automatic account determination, account identifiers, Workflow’s - quantity and price discrepancies as part of testing and Data load cycles.
- Involved in the design and executed the Fixed Assets Conversion, Inventory conversion, GR/IR balance conversion process, WIP Conversion process as a part of shutdown domains.
- Involved in the Lockbox Configuration, along with the Cash Management involving tasks like Configuring Source Symbols, Planning levels, planning groups and assigning Internal MM and SD transactions to them as a part of releases.
- Involved in the Electronic Bank statements configuration like configuring the keys for posting rules, Automatic Account Assignment.
- Involved in the Configuration of Fixed Assets- Asset Life cycle management ( Acquisition, management, deployment and retirement), legacy asset transfer and its prerequisite configuration and FA-GL reconciliation, fixed asset period/year end closing tasks.
- Involved in Asset Master and Values data cleansing and preparation of Asset Master and Values data Load Files.
- Extensively used LSMW and SAP Query’s for the data validations.
- Worked closely with Procurement team in the conversion of the vendor masters, Purchase Orders (Single definite PO’s), Scheduling agreements (Open ended PO’s) covering interplant, intercompany vendors and external vendors- subcontracting for the product costing runs.
- Good understanding of IDOC’s, EDI’s and partner profiles.
- Involved in the MM validations- Costing and Accounting views as part of conversions.
- Extensively worked on Intercompany and Interplant scenarios-STO’s, Billing, clearing, payment runs, accounts reconciliation as part of Business Integration testing Cycles.
- Configured House Banks, Payment Programs, Automatic Payment Methods, and Alternate Bank Selections for Payments, Posting Invoices with and without Invoice Verification.
- Worked on the revenue recognition method - Inventory Determination, Without Planned Costs, Without Milestone Billing.
- Performed the product costing runs to validate the accuracy of the master data from domains- Purchasing, PP, SD, MM and released the standard cost estimates.
- Involved in the configuration of the involving KMAT - Configurable Sales Model to address the GAP and tested the design in the lower clients.
- Involved in configuration related to settlement of product orders to projects as a apart of New Product Introduction.
- Involved in loading of the planned activity rates for the cost centers.
- Involved in Cost center assessments to segments, COPA reporting, forms, Planning, Derivation rules and structures, Product and customer hierarchy, PA settlement, realignments and integration issues with SD.
- Created the cost center allocation cycles (assessments) for each plant - used the allocation structures, and various tracing factors like fixed percentage, variable proportion - actually activity and the statistical key figures.
- Simulated and Executed the Month End Closing and annual standard cost revision process.
- Provided the hyper care (production support) after the go live and successful resolution of the defects using remedy.
- Trained the end users and created the training documents, BPP’s using UPK and DPD’s.
Confidential, Boise, ID
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Worked as FICO functional consultant in a global environment related to the VISTEX implementation.
- Identification of gaps and configuration errors in Revenue Recognition: SAB 101 - Revenue Recognition and Revenue -Automatic Account determination as per the design.
- Involved in the AP/AR- Lockbox Configuration and Electronic bank statements testing as a part of the release regression test scope.
- Costing based CO-PA: Regenerating the operating concern environment after defining different characteristics and value fields and also implemented characteristic derivations.
- Configured PA transfer structure and Automatic Account Assignment per design.
- Configured the Key Figure Schema (contribution margins) to reflect the new discounts, accruals and settlements and Created reports in Report painter.
- Worked with BI/SAP BW consultants for the creation of the extractors, info cubes.
- Created test scripts for the Unit, Integration testing and assisted users in Business Integration testing cycles and documented the results in HP Quality Center.
- Assisted the Testing team during the regression -Test Automation using QTP.
- Provided hyper care and successful resolution the defects using remedy.
- Worked on closing procedures month end and year end.
SAP FI Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Analyzed the As-Is system, did a profound GAP analysis and successfully designed and mapped the To-Be system.
- Involved in the AP and AR configuration changes as a part of GAP .
- Involved in the configuration of AR and AP modules- Master Data and integration with New GL, SD-FI, MM-FI, and Intercompany and Interplant scenarios.
- Worked closely with the ABAP developers and guided with the user exists, BADI’s for the enhancements as part of the change requests identified in the Blue Print Phase.
- Implemented the functionality of availability check of the internal order, in acquiring the Fixed Assets.
- Configured Electronic Bank statements, Lockbox.
- Worked on cross-functional integration in MM Purchasing, Goods Movements, Invoice Verification and SD Billing.
- Involved in the validation and substitution of the profit center.
- Involved in the Configuration of Input Tax Indicator and transactions like write-offs, Capitalization of assets under constructions and Post Capitalization in Asset Accounting.
- Configured Account determinations for different material movements and valuation classes.
- Worked closely with the corporate teams regarding price control for different mater types-Standard and Moving Average Price, Split valuation.
- Worked closely with PP-PI team process orders and integration with CO.
- Configured costing based CO-PA for the flow of actual values - transfer during billing and PA structures, Settlement of production variances, key figures, derivation rules and settlement to CO-PA.
- Used CO-PA to Report profitability by Customer, Product and Market. Created P&L statements CO-PA reporting tools.
- Generated reports using tools like Report Writer, Report Painter.
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration testing and UAT testing.
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Analyzed and determined the organizational structure and current business process being followed at ITRON and provided business analysis in the form of a Blue Print.
- As a CO Consultant responsible for implementing Product Costing and Profitability Analysis, Cost center Accounting and Profit Center accounting modules as per the design.
- Configured Cost center Accounting-Created cost centers, activity types, statistical key figures, Cost Center Standard Hierarchy, cost center categories, maintained default account assignments and automatic account assignments as per the design.
- Configured the valuations and Account assignment - Account determination, Split Valuation, Price control, and Account grouping for the movement types, Balance sheet valuation procedures- LIFO, FIFO.
- Configured Product cost planning- Standard cost estimates covering the cross company code transfer.
- Involved in the Requirements analysis, configuration, test, implementation and documentation of material ledger (CO-ML) and actual costing with dual currency for multiple international company codes and plants with integration of CO-PA.
- Configured Cost Object Controlling - MTS Discreet manufacturing using PP orders.
- Configured the Month Related configuration in Cost Object Controlling.
- Helped end users in month end closing operations involving overhead calculation, variance calculation, Result Analysis settlements and activity price calculations.
- Responsible for carrying out Valuation in CO-PA planning to access pricing and product cost information for products having planned quantities, thereby allowing projected revenue and cost-of-sales figures to be calculated automatically.
- Successfully implemented product cost estimate information transfer from PC into CO-PA,
- Performed Unit, Integration testing and assisted users in User Acceptance
- Testing using HP Quality center.
- Assisted the shared Services ( Corporate Accounting) teams during the month end activities.
- Provided the hyper care after the Go Live.
Confidential, York, PA
SAP FI Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Involved in Business Process Review, Design, Configuration, Testing, Documentation.
- Configured Fixed Asset Master Data - acquisitions, retirements, revaluation of fixed assets, screen layouts for asset master data, asset sub ledgers and asset depreciation areas, transaction types and account assignments for asset acquisitions and retirements covering intercompany scenarios.
- Involved in integration of Fixed Asset accounting with internal orders, maintaining settlement profiles for internal orders, Configuring capitalization of assets under construction, assigning cost elements.
- Configured and Customized AR-Lockbox and AP modules involving the OTC and P2P process.
- Have extensive hands on configuration on many scenarios like third party direct/indirect sales, Stock Transfer Order (STO) with/without Delivery/Billing (Inter Company/Intra Company)
- In Logistic Invoice Verification, Two Way Match - Three Way Match Invoice Verification, Set tolerance limit for Invoices, GRIR Clearing and Account Maintenance, EDI Invoice Postings.
- Involved in configuration of Automatic Account Determination, Valuation class, Movement types, GL Accounts.
- Involved in the mixed costing design based on the Quota arrangements.
- Defined Validations and Substitutions to create Cross Plant and Profit Center rules.
- Involved in the configuration of Internal Orders module-Strategy Sequence configured for Automatic generation of settlement Rules Order/WBS budgeting, analysis, Planning Profiles and Layouts.
- Configured the WIP, variance and settlement portions for the month end activities as per the design.
- Involved in the configuration of Costing Based COPA.
- Have complete understanding and worked extensively on the Change Management flow while working on the mercury tools like Quality Center and ITG.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7
- Provided extensive support to the business users regarding business issues arising out of SAP FICO.
- Trained business users on various business processes like applying lockbox, running payment run and recurring entries for periodic transactions.
- Involved in analysis of workflow issues that were having huge impact on payments to vendors, involved in trouble shooting workflow issues, viz., different status on workflow process and SAP, work lists and work item discrepancy.
- Helped business close down FI and MM documents that were open and needed action before year end, done analysis on down payment requests.
- Also involved in analysis for Purchase Order/GR/IR analysis, Payments to Vendors.
- Worked on Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV) to process the vendor invoices, and review if there are any invoice are blocked.
- Provided SAP FICO tuning and troubleshooting including the identification and resolution of performance related issues. Provided End user support to the SAP user community.
- Strictly followed SOX rules for the Support Phase.
SAP FI Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0
- Involved in up gradation from ECC 4.7 to ECC 6.0.
- Involved in Migration of data from Classic GL to New GL through different phases of migration cockpit.
- Configured the settings in G/L area, such as creating G/L master data, cross-company code transactions, with multiple currencies and multiple company codes, and open item clearing.
- Configured GL transactions for business processes such as fast-entry screens, posting, parking, reversals and month end closings.
- Configured and maintained House banks with multiple bank accounts, Alternate bank selections for payments, assigned check lots and defined void reason codes.
- Integrated the Asset management with the plant maintenance module. Defined the LSMW object for uploading asset masters.
- Worked on integration of FICO with MM and SD for Inventory valuation, Movement types, and functions such as GR and Invoice verification.