- Extensive experience in the areas of manufacturing and supply chain in SAP with 6 full cycle implementations and support projects in PP, MM modules.
- Project implementation and support experience in Niche skill sets such as MII (Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence), VC (Variant configuration) and MES Integration.
- Total 16 years of experience in SAP and working for 13 yrs in USA on SAP projects.
- Worked under both MTS (make - to-stock), MTO (Make-to-order) and ATO (Assemble to order for configurable products).
- Expert in core areas of shop floor in production such as detailed scheduling and CRP (capacity requirements planning) for complex discrete manufacturing.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge on detailed scheduling (Order Based Job shop), Finite/Infinite, sequencing and line balancing in shop (Flow shop). Used Planning tools to manage scheduling in SAP.
- Expertise in areas of REM (Repetitive manufacturing), Line design (flow manufacturing), KANBAN systems that support lean manufacturing. Takt based scheduling under REM and use of iPPE based on product configuration.
- In general worked in total planning SOP/Demand Management, Material Requirements planning- MRP/MPS/LTP and Manufacturing execution for both completing Production order and Process order lifecycle. Worked in CBP (Consumption based Planning/Reorder point).
- Worked in IS-AUTO APO and also in i2 Technology Advanced planning tools.
- Worked in Master Data for PP/MM: Created and maintained Master Data in PP & PP-PI (Material Master Data, Bill of Material-BOM, Work centers/Resources and Routings/Rate Routings/Master Recipe and Production version).
- Complete configuration/Customization for PP module .Integration settings with MM/SD/WM.
- Worked on PP-PI Area process orders, Process management, PI sheets and MII support for Pharmaceutical manufacturing .
- Worked in MM configuration for PR/PO /STO/ Intercompany orders. Staging of materials - WM staging /Pull list (REM) and IM/ Backflush.
- Worked in cross functional areas such as Batch Management and Classification.
- Prepare documentation and provided in the areas of PP/MM/SCM.
- Conducted workshops, playback sessions, Provide KT-Knowledge Transfer, hands on class room /provide Hyper care support.
- Monitoring the project status and reporting to the concerned and also issue resolution.
- Handling of the problem tickets/Defects and also log and monitor the same and also the change request in the system. Used HP-QC and SOLMAN. Performed in various roles in SAP as Team Lead/Asst. Manager/Associate Manager.
- Write and review functional specifications document (use BAPI) for MII integration. Work with tech team on implementation of Badi / Enhancements / user exit (RICEF)/ IDOC . Guide the tech team from functional side for techno functional issues.
- Process management- PI categories/Create class and PI characteristics/control recipe/Process message/PI sheets. Process order confirmation- MII for order life cycle management Experience in various QM areas such as PP-QM integration, QM Notification/Inspection plan/Inspection Lot/Results recording/Usage Decision. Focus on QM in Manufacturing with MII.
- Knowledge of ASAP methodology for life cycle project implementation, gathering business requirement, business blue printing, realization, unit testing, integration testing, Go - Live preparation and Post Production support.
- Have excellent communication and client facing skill .Provide guidance, and lead teams.
- Worked on adhoc reports/queries in SAP and data migration (LSMW).
- Worked with costing team on product costing integration such as activity types/Cost center/Profit center in general order related costing / Product cost collector for REM.
- Core strength is excellent combination of SAP- IT and Industry knowledge, to deliver effective and efficient solutions. Worked on domestic as well as global SAP projects in USA, Mexico, Belgium, Switzerland & Finland.
- Have excellent communication and client facing skill .Provide guidance, and lead teams.
- Fair knowledge and understanding of Production planning in SAP-APO.
Sr. SAP PP Analyst
- SAP PP configuration for REM. (Repetitive Manufacturing)
- Work on integration of MES with SAP.
- Support (Resolve Incidents/Service request) in SAP PP for multiple plants across US and Mexico.
- A SME in SAP Manufacturing (REM/MES). SAP configuration, design and testing.
- Manage projects in SAP PP (REM), Manufacturing in general for different plants.
- Work on techno functional side of ABAP on the custom development, transaction to support critical areas in manufacturing.
- Gather business requirements and translate in to Design document, write functional specification and work closely with ABAP team to deploy the same.
- Full cycle implementation of internal projects.
- Worked on technical side on identifying the BAPI., BAdi (User exit) and for custom solution and MES Integration.
- Work on interface with other Non-SAP systems. Provide documentation to reach shop workforce.
- Excellent communication skills and business understanding of PP and MM processes.
- Implemented KANBAN for procurement at our Brakes division.
- Extensively worked on “Handling unit management” (HUM) implementation, along with serialization and Batch Management.
- Gained ABAP Debug skills required for Functional SAP analyst.
- Worked on multiple projects and priorities with support for 9 plants.
SAP PP/MM Leader
- Support for PP and MM module for North Americas.
- Implementation - Mexico project (PP/MM/WM).
- Special process: PP subcontracting, STO /Intercompany orders and Industry specific process of Metal Balancing.
SAP Lead (Operations PP)
- Requirements gathering, conduct workshops, AS-IS to be study and TO-BE as a part of Blue print document (RDD) preparation.
- The Major focus was addressing the critical operations such as a) Reclamation (TV/PC) b) Refurbishment (PM) and c) Repair, map the same into SAP.
- Upon gathering the requirements, analyse the various processes specific to the business needs and provide solutions in SAP.
- Prototype preparation and deliver the same to the BPO’s.
- Provide to the GSC folks in SAP as required for the various functionalities.
- General planning (CBP/MRP/SPP) for Andrews and Rapid exchange/Service parts planning.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
SAP Manufacturing Lead
- Worked in MII on Process order confirmation for various processes. Worked in ECC-WM for material transfer along with SPIDER-ET system interpretation and tracking.
- Support the core team in UAT/Testing/Go-live and Hyper care. - PI and QM.
- The primary focus was hyper care working hand-to-hand with the operators round the clock to ensure smooth transition after go-live. Resolve issues, train user and update the documentation accordingly.
- Work on Special manufacturing process flow, mapping the same into ECC and updating the Functional specs related to various areas and sub-process changes, as required.
- Provide KT to support team in the areas of Process Manufacturing/MII/PP/QM-Imperfection tracking/Batch management.
- QM Maintain master data, conduct in-process/Final inspection-Auto creation of IL’s, generate the work lists, results recording, UD and stock postings.
- Integration support for manufacturing with systems MII/ECC/ET/MC DB/LIMS.
- Configuration of Quality s: COA, COC ( of Conformance).
- Design MII dashboard for KPI’s and operations and quality inspection data.
Confidential, Spokane, WA
- Maintained Master Data in PP-PI (Materials, BOM, Resource, and Master Recipes/Production version). Master data issue identification and correction.
- Maintain base data such as Characteristics/Process Instruction Creation of Inspection lot at operation level for special processes. Worked in Inspection Plan/Notification/Results recording/usage decision.
- Resolve issues in PI sheet related to the data in Process Instruction category and characteristics values. In the Confirmation of process orders through PI sheet.
- Issues in MRP planning output and analysis. Train planners to read MD04 and understand the planning process from SOP (Sales and operations planning) to DM to MRP run and results (Planned/Process orders). Work on transfer of requirements /SOP -rough cut plan/LTP to support Customer service/Planning and CBP for Plant maintenance.
- Manage the process order life cycle from planning through execution and also address major issues in Production scheduling.
- Resolve the major issues in SD-PP integration in MTS/MTO scenario’s/Planning strategy.
- Work on SD areas that affect planning and subsequent processes. Also identify the post cutover issues that cropped up between SAP and legacy i5 system.
SAP PP/VC Lead
- Modeling in Variant configuration. Both Single & Multilevel product configuration.
- Integration of product development (PDM) and configuration data modeling.
- Maintain product configuration based on the business need and rules.
- Worked on class data such as Classification and Characteristics.
- Write OD (object dependency) and modify the same as per the business rules in various Levels such as in BOM/class node, Task lists, and Configuration Profile. Procedures, Constraints,
- Used Variant tables and written complex OD - constraints and procedures used. Working along with CRM team on integration with IPC CRM configuration.
- Worked in PLM- ‘Winchill’. Product Data management.
- Worked using nested configuration scenario and IPC compatibility for SAP VC Configurations.
- Full cycle modeling of product, Unit/Integration/UAT testing and implementation in VC followed by IPC.
Senior Planning Consultant (SAP-PP/APO)
- Worked in ECC for setting up the master data for planning (MRP).
- Maintain master data in DI system with iPPE structures (Routing/Model/Prod.lines)
- Maintain Class and Characteristics data for configurable products.
- Worked on the planning using the RPM (Rapid planning matrix) and subsequent MRP in DI system. Worked on Model mix planning (MMP ) for configurable auto product ‘ Confidential ’.
- Run planning PPDS heuristics and optimization algorithms (Genetic).
- Analyze the results of planning run for various planning strategy adopted based on the business model.
Sr.SAP Specialist - PP
- Handled Basic master data management for PP.
- Worked on master data for VC, class/characteristics data and create OD as required.
- The primary focus is on variant configuration for the Door locks division at Indianapolis.
- Master data that covers Super BOM, Routing for configurable materials.
- Write OD using precondition, selection condition, use constraints, variant tables, variant matching.
- Configured and implemented KANBAN for manufacturing in-house (Planned order) and for stock transfer (Classic and event driven).
- Configured and implemented PP, MPS planning/MRP for component manufacturing using discrete production order. Assembly order for finished goods . (PP-SD integration) Manufacturing execution: confirmation at order level, Release, confirmation (backflush) settlement and closing. Prepare materials and job aids in SAP PP and MM areas.
- Supported the inventory management functions in distribution center at DPC
- Create P.O, STO; perform Good movement GR/GI, analyzed errors performed COGI to keep the records current.
Confidential, Farmington, CTSAP PP Specialist
- Performed Business process mapping of existing manufacturing practice and configuration in SAP for discrete manufacturing (Production order) for configurable products.
- Designed and developed the front-end in xMII to be used in shop floor, in consultation with the team with members from shop-floor/Business, xMII expert (technical) and technical lead.
- Designed and developed the functional specification requirements using BAPI for integration of SAP with xMII as frontend for shop-floor operations control and reporting. Use Idoc’s - Master data, SAP/MII Integration. the end user at the shop floor to use xMII.
- Train the super user/Business lead in SAP PP/MM and xMII.
SAP PP Specialist
- Performed Integration of SAP with a third party tool (Optimiza) for both Forecasting /Planning (SOP).
- Provide to the team in Europe for business owners and middle/high level management team in Belgium and Switzerland.
- Performed configuration for PP- PI for process order management.
- Conducted at various levels for users, super-users; SME’s and middle-level.
- Provided Process consulting for module SAP-PP.
- Performed ‘AS-IS ‘, ‘TO-BE’ study, mapping and establishing the business process (Blue print). The Team seamlessly integrated the processes into client’s specific requirement on business process improvement and centralization plan.
- Conducted workshops, and deep-dives discussions to extract the process details. Developed ‘prototype in R/3 ‘to test and for users to practice on different scenarios. Co-ordinate with SCM (APO) consultants on process & integration issues.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
SAP PP Team lead
- Functional Consultant SAP-PP/ PI to the Tolling management & Manufacturing Planning team in material science division - was a part of fix-it team.
- Worked Planning functionality such as SOP/DM/MRP-MPS/CRP.
- Worked on Process orders /Process management - PI sheets/Control recipe.
- SOP- Information Structure, Planning Type, Planning Hierarchy Product Group, Resource and Rough-cut planning profile. Flexible Planning- Create plan /Version management/Transfer to DM. Set parameters for info structure/Key figure. Aggregation/disaggregation. Disaggregate product group to check capacity.
- DM- worked using planned independent requirement (PIR)/planning strategy.
- Rough-cut capacity Planning.
- Analyzed problems in tolling management and fixing it, addressing issues in production consumption and their effect on MRP, inventory reconciliation, Problems with transactions using STO’s.
- Provided hand-on in SAP to the fix-it team and the process owners.
- Suggested improvements and planners in handling the various issues integrating the functions of Materials Management, Production planning, Sales and distribution functions to complete the demand and Supply cycle for various tollers and plants across US (Multisite planning). Stock transfer between plants and production in alternate plant.
- Team Lead SAP-PP- managed a team for full cycle implementation of PP module for an automotive client at their plant in Mexico.
- Business process mapping and configuration in PP MRP/MPS.
- Production order processing including planning
- Production order printing and execution (Confirmation, settlement, TECO and
- The focus was more on PP functionalities like MRP/MPS/PP-SFCCapacity planning/Order planning and execution along with PP-WM/QM interface.
- Support on MM module on MM CBP and MM-Purchasing.
Assistant Manager (SAP MM/PP-MRP Project)
- Managed the Full-cycle implementation of SAP and i2 Project.
- Managed a team of 15 members for SAP and i2 involving consultants and also BPO’s.
- Project involved AS-TO-BE process mapping /blue printing, testing, go-live and support for SAP, i2 and SAP-i2 integration for 4 plants in India. Integration with QM/WM modules.
- Handled complex manufacturing process from machine shop, plastic IJ molding, assembly, and electronics and out plant and sub-contracting involving capacity planning at vendors and other plants.
- Worked on extensive master data management involving 1500 products and BOM up to 10 levels and alt. BOM’s. Multiple routings with complex capacity planning requirements.
- REM manufacturing for auto electronics lines and special Manufacturing of sintered products.