- Cutting Edge, innovative Basis Manager and Engineer with 12+ years of IS - IT experience in infrastructure design, application development, full life cycle implementation, 24/7 global administration, project management, technical support and security.
- Full life cycle implementation of 3 SAP ERP implementations and HANA migration
- 10+ years in SAP Basis and hands on experience implementing complex SAP environments running on IBM, Windows, Unix and platforms utilizing DB2, MS SQL and HANA databases
- Daily support of SAP Netweaver ECC ABAP/JAVA, BW, PI/PO, Portal, IS-Retail, Business Objects, Solution Manager, e-Commerce and Cloud/3rd Party integration
- Demonstrated ability in supporting multiple lines of business, problem determination and resolution of software/hardware issues.
- Easily establishes rapport and successfully manages and supports IT staff, business stakeholders, offshore teams and vendors.
- Successfully completes technology projects that increase value to the organization while reducing costs.
Confidential, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
SENIOR SAP BASIS ENGINEER
- Successfully upgraded ECC, PI, BW and Solution Manager landscape increasing performance/scalability and positioning systems for HANA roadmap migration
- Provide technological and strategic direction to stakeholders and optimize SAP ERP performance
- Supported recent $1.5 billion company merger to migrate stores and warehouses on legacy systems to SAP ERP. Positioning Wholesale division for future growth and expansion
- Manage relationships with functional team and business stakeholders
- Updated SAP Vertex Sales Tax module platform enabling the company to compute sales tax more efficiently
- Migrated SAP BSI Payroll module platform, eliminating a problematic glitch and freeing up resources
- Resolved performance issues such as code corrections, database improvements, and software fixes
- Performed system copies, refreshes and patching. Upgraded EPI-Use software used for system copies and QA testing. Manage job scheduling and workload
- Installed and configured SAP PI system utilized for middleware, EDI and B2B operations, making systems more productive and increasing ecommerce functionality capabilities
- Optimized backup process ensuring completed saves and reducing downtime
- Upgraded Security Weaver software that enables better security governance monitoring
- Maintain system controls. Ensure compliance with security and audit best practices
Confidential, East Hanover, NJ
PROJECT MANAGER & SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- Created requirements, analyzed data and infrastructure, verb mappings and ETL system design.
- Developed data models and interfaces for BW 7.3 data warehouse and SAP BOBJ 4.0 reporting for business areas.
- Managed systems change, quality assurance, cleansing, data transfers and test scenarios.
- Supported and coordinated Development staff, Business SMEs and vendors.
- Oversaw system administration, security, document procedures and knowledge transfer.
- Delivered the migration project on time and within budget
- Increased system efficiency by 20% and enabled employees to devote time to other IT priorities
- Enhanced e-commerce capabilities, enabling the company to appeal to wider customer base
Confidential, Paramus, NJ
SAP BASIS MANAGER CONSULTANT
- Supported daily global operations of SAP environment on Windows and IBM platforms.
- Configured, administered and maintained SAP landscape of ECC 6, BW 7.0, Portal ABAP and JAVA stacks.
- Monitored system performance, security, capacity planning and application functionality.
- Reviewed change management transports and promoted through landscape.
- Technical support for BW and Business Objects 4.0.
- Resolved issues with interfaces to SAP systems.
- Collaborated with Business Application Staff to improve process performance and production systems’ reliability.
- Worked with Global Data Center, technical and functional staff.
- As Interim Manager maintained successful daily operations during company restructuring
- Completed kernel upgrades, patch/note installations, client copies, system refreshes and updates on 10+ systems
- Provided technical support for successful implementation of SAP Governance Risk Compliance 10
Confidential, Yonkers, NY
MANAGER, SAP BASIS & INFRASTRUCTURE
- Provided strategic and technical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of IT infrastructure, SAP ERP systems and applications.
- Oversaw security for all systems, applications, networks, and user roles.
- Performed IT business continuity planning, disaster recovery and back-up procedures.
- Managed $1M annual IT operating and capital budgets.
- Assessed new relevant technologies and collaborated with lines of business to determine potential value.
- Developed business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives.
- Reviewed and approved contracts for hardware, software and services.
- Applied SAP notes, database and operating system fixes.
- Performed daily change management tasks, job scheduling, monitoring and problem resolution.
- Executed system/client copies and refreshes.
- Supervised IT staff, global offshore development, and conducted performance reviews.
- Successfully completed go live and served as technical lead to bring subsidiary company onto SAP ERP, BW 7.3 and Business Objects 4.0 platforms
- Successfully upgraded SAP BW to 7.3, Business Objects 4.0, system kernels, operating systems, Service Packs, ABAP and JAVA stacks to latest versions
- Reduced operating costs up to 50% through successful negotiations and by implementing new virtualization, portal and mobile technologies
- Ensured reliability of IT systems by developing operational processes and installing new technologies
- Ensured compliance to industry regulations, best practices and auditing standards
- Key Note Panelist at IBM Inter-Connect Conference in Singapore, 2012
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
SENIOR SAP BASIS ADMINISTRATOR
- Provided technical support to business operations. Successfully implemented and integrated Netweaver 2004s, ECC 6.0, BI, XI, SAP Retail, Solution Manager and Portal.
- Upgraded kernels, operating systems and installed Service Packs for ABAP and JAVA stacks.
- Applied SAP notes, database and operating system fixes. Designed and implemented security and user roles.
- Executed system refreshes and client copies. Designed audit procedures.
- Successfully completed project to migrate to new IBM POWER6 servers and consolidated landscape hardware, resulting in substantial hardware/software maintenance savings
- Ensured SOX compliance and adherence to industry standards
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
OPERATIONS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Technical Team member for $80M implementation of Oracle ERP project.
- Technical Support for 24/7 US/Europe production environment.
- Managed job scheduling, security, user access and audit procedures.
- Performed system refreshes for testing and QA. Installed and configured hardware for IBM Midrange POWER servers running AIX and OS/400.
- Performed OS upgrades, installed Service Packs, and software patches.
- Primary contact for Help Desk.
- Transported program changes across landscape.
Confidential, New York, NY
MANAGER & TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT
- Project Manager and Technical Lead on company LAN and infrastructure project.
- Installed and upgraded servers to Windows 2003/2000 Server and MS Exchange 2003.
- Administered PCs, Exchange, SQL2000, AS400, and Web servers.
- Installed operating system upgrades, PTFs, Service Packs and software updates.
- Developed database design and reporting using MS Access and Query 400.
- Developed financial reports using Crystal Reports and DB2.
- Provided technical and business guidance to Directors in refining requirements and specifications for new ventures and IT systems.