- SAP Financial Services consultant with expertise in SAP FICO, BI, MM, and SD areas along with broad based experience in core SAP modules including but not limited to SAP GL, AR, and AP.
- Over 8 years of experience in various aspects of SAP solutions including 8 full life cycle implementation and well trained with other ERP systems and MS office.
- Experience in financial analysis, assets management accounting, stock market analysis, financial modelling, & forecasting.
- Extensive experience in Financial Accounting (FI) including General Ledger (G/L), New G/L, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting (AA), Bank Accounting, Cash Journal Accounting, Tax Accounting, and Special Purpose General Ledger.
- Experience in Management Accounting (CO) including Cost Element Accounting (CEA), Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Internal Orders (IO), and Profitability Analysis (PA).
- Hands on experience in designing and configuring FI (GL/AP/AR/AA/Controlling).
- Design Use Cases and producing Use Case Model, Analysis model, Behaviour diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, and Class diagrams) based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagrams using Visio.
- Strong experience of Project Management in full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC ) - Planning and Analysis, Requirement Gathering, Design, Testing, and Go Live.
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Proven capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies and can undertake difficult mandates and meet tight deadlines.
- Worked on different phases of implementation from Gathering Business Requirement, Gap Analysis, Blue Print Design, Configuration, Unit Testing, User Training, and Production Support.
SAP Business System Analyst,
Confidential, Batavia, Ohio
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, participating in system design, configuring and testing existing system, and providing post implementation support for enhancements to the current system.
- Rolled out Asset Accounting project in Mexico; defined chart of depreciation, assigned COD to company code, specify account determination, creation of asset classes, assignment of accounts for automatic posting, define level methods, maintain period control method, maintain depreciation key, determine depreciation areas in the asset classes, specified parallel currencies MXN and USD, and created a functional document for end users.
- Configured Internal Order Accounting in Mexico, defined asset classes, assignment of accounts for automatic postings, defined model orders, defined order types, defined investment profile, maintained planning profiles, maintained budgeted profiles, defined tolerance limit for availability control, maintained allocation structure, and maintained settlement profiles
- Started a treasury project with PNC bank where the data record NACHA, control, and positive pay file gets submitted to PNC bank via SAP system.
- Set up sending and paying company codes, make bank details as required for ACH data record file and vendor address as required field for positive pay file, defined payment methods in company codes, set up house banks with appropriate TIN tax ID number, set up payment medium workbench in OBPM2 SAP ACH CTX, assigned payment medium variants to company codes in OBPM4, and provided training to the AP specialists and other end users.
- Maintained withhold tax configuration in Mexico and Philippines and provided support to other plants located domestically and internationally.
- Company code configuration for plants in US, Australia, and Central America.
- Executes discrepancy report between SAP and Radius systems and resend the POs, invoices, and returns in the case of interface failure.
SAP Lead Functional Consultant
Confidential, Long Island, New York
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, participating in system design, configuring and testing existing system and providing post implementation support for enhancements to the current system.
- System configuration and testing of FI-GL, JE upload program to upload hundreds of journal entries, and chart of accounts upload from legacy system to SAP, and GL account assignments to link different SAP modules.
- Set up company code as a single legal entity, leading ledger, profit centers, calendar year, posting period variant, assigned document number ranges, tolerance user groups, and foreign currency revaluation.
- Set up profit centers according to the company’s product lines and configured custom profit center reports using report painter according to the CFO finance team requirements.
- Created house banks and maintained multiple bank accounts for different types of payment methods such as checks and manual wires.
- Configured End to End AP module including the vendor account groups, defined and assigned number ranges, automatic payment program (APP), configured special ledger withholding taxes, AP integration to MM for various material movements (Automatic Account Assignments), and linking of vendor documents with EDI.
- Maintained 1099-misc vendors in the vendor master record, assigned withhold tax to respective GL account for automatic postings, and generate smart forms for the recipients and IRS.
- Created & maintained customer master data along with customer groups, payment terms, reporting, and AR aging.
- Have worked on partial and residual payments and defined and assigned reason codes to respective GL accounts for automatic postings of shortages and allowances.
- Meet regularly with finance team to evaluate and suggest changes in the processes to enhance and make the SAP system more efficient.
- Preparation of business processes requirements analysis and user requirement specifications.
- Interaction with client business users for requirements gathering and analysis.
- Resolved day to day user issue and created Run book docs and cheat sheets for the user.
SAP FICO Consultant
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- CO-IO configuration of the Internal Order module to support capital and expense procurement process involving planning, budgeting, approvals, settlements, status management, reporting in integration with investment management.
- Set up and maintained credit control in the customer master records, configured dunning procedure, payment terms, and customer summary report.
- Integration of overhead cost, built cost centers and aligned to the departments, and generated cost center reports for cost analysis.
- In corporation of acquisition and production cost APC and to make the system post from MM component directly to Asset accounting
- Implemented investment project following the requirements: less than 12k goes to AUC, over 12k assigned to WBS, and settled to final asset.
- Set up automatic domestic and foreign custom tax procedure for both customers and vendors groups.
- Configured internal orders, order types, screen layout, substitution rules, and overhead costing sheets.
- Defined settlement structures and allocation structure in internal orders.
- Maintained currency exchange rates by importing Multi cash forms provided by 3rd party using RFTBFF00 report.
- Configured profit center hierarchy and created profit centers. Profit center valuation environment for PCA was developed to map the company’s business structure. Created specific profit center hierarchy setup, alternate hierarchy setup for various reports.
Confidential, Miami, Florida
- Set-up all incoming payments including lockbox using BAI2 and electronic bank statement (BAI).
- Enhanced lockbox functionality using two user exits provided in REFEBLB00 for cross company coded clearing.
- Configured automatic payment program that included creation of house banks, company code payment methods, employee tolerances, terms of payment, and reason codes.
- Joined the project to work on conversion, interfaces, reports, and enhancements and created functional specifications, test plans, go live planning, and implemented conversions and interfaces in the production environment.
- Contributed to after go live support team, helped end users in the day to day activities, and monitored the system performance.
- Supported integration testing of automatic payment processes, accounts receivable, and asset accounting.
- Supported vendor master records upload from the legacy system via standard load DX program.
- Developed test scenarios/test cases, resolved issues in unit testing, integration, and system testing.
- Configured customer master data, account groups, tolerance limits, and number ranges for document types.
- Assisted in conducting end user training and provided post implementation support. Full production support role, post Go-Live liaise with business user community and technical community personnel to ensure that the system is functioning as designed and financial close activities are completed in line with financial close calendar.
- Configuration of CO module: Organizational structure settings, creation of cost center standard hierarchy, cost centers groups, cost centers, activity types, and statistical key figures.
- Created primary and secondary cost elements, cost element groups, assigned number ranges, and configured manual & automatic cost element settings.
SAP Business Analyst
Confidential, Madison, New Jersey
- Worked closely with owners and stakeholders during the process of gathering business & functional requirements to develop BRDs, FRDs, project plans, and conducted functional knowledge sharing sessions with developers and testers.
- Documented low and high level use cases and designed activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using unified modeling language (UML).
- Set up joint application development (JAD) sessions between the stakeholders, SMEs, end users, and the development team to identify and propose the best business solution.
- Reviewed monthly financial reports and provided detailed analysis and comments (variance analysis - Actual vs. Budget, Actual vs. Forecast)
- Developed management reports (account receivables, accounts payables, headcount, liquidity etc).
- Monitored account payables and account receivables subsidiary ledger and generated cost center reports using SAP.
- Prepared monthly and quarterly management reporting package to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for development of daily sales and weekly international sales report by using pivot tables.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis ranging from revenue analysis to operating statistics.
- Prepared reports using Excel, pivot tables, macros, V lookup, SAP, and WEBI.
Confidential, Albany, New York
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing implementation and post production support of property appraisal software.
- Assisted testing team to develop detailed test cases using different methods such as Black Box, IST, and UAT, performed on software testing tools such as Jira, HP Quality Center, and HP LoadRunner.
- Designed and implemented basic queries for testing and report/data validation.
- Performed and documented Gap Analysis to determine deltas between existing and proposed systems.
- Created and managed Change Control Requests (CCRs), working with SMEs and development team to analyze and approve appropriate changes.
- Created workflow diagrams and prepared mockups and web layouts for project prototypes.
- Worked with IT and QA team to identify defects, assigning the defects to the appropriate tester, and tracking the defect lifecycle until they are reported resolved.
Financial Analyst Intern
Confidential, Albany, New York
- Planned, budgeted, forecasted, revenue and ad hoc reporting for business intelligence and analytics using Pivot Tables.
- Analyzed and prepared monthly financial reports for cost centers including trend, actual vs. budget, actual vs. forecast.
- Monitored expenses to ensure compliance with budget by performing monthly variance analyst using VLookups.
- Prepared and audited financial operations.
- Maintained accurate records in database, generated reports, and presented data to the owner and SME.
- Consulted reporting of balances, revenue, direct and indirect expenses.
Software Application: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio) Outlook; Accounting packages including SAP FICO 6.0, Oracle E business Financial Module R12, Book Keeping, QuickBooks, VLookUPs, Pivot Tables, JAVA, LINUX, Essbase Hyperion, SQL, Auxure, HP Quality Center, Jira, SAS, SPSS. SAP BI Reporting.
Operating Systems: Microsoft 10/08/XP/Vista/2003/Linux/Mac.
Other Tools: Windows SharePoint, WebEx Office, Photoshop, Skype, Service Now Ticketing System, Discrepancy report between SAP and Radius ERP systems.
Software Development Methodologies: SDLC, IBM RUP, Waterfall, Agile (Scrum), ASAP