Accomplished professional with over 7 years of hands on experience in SAP implementation in the areas of Materials Management (MM), Inventory Management (IM) and Warehouse Management (WM) and have in - depth business process knowledge. Experience emphasizes in configuration, implementation, Upgrade and support of SAP R/3, ECC MM and WM Module.
- Two full life cycle implementation experience with ASAP methodology - Scoping, Project Preparation, Business Blue Printing, Realization, Final Preparation, Go-Live and continuous support including AS IS - TO BE and Gap analysis .
- Extensive experience in SAP MM and WM configuration, customization and cross-functional integration with PP-PI, FI/CO and SD modules.
- Organized and maintained Material Master data for various clients for efficient business process representation
- Experience in Procure to Pay project implementations
- Excellent experience in SAP MM Purchasing, Inventory Management, MRP and Purchasing settings
- Extensive experience with designing and configuring Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order, Quota arrangement, Subcontracting, Consignment, Stock Transfer Order (STO) , Physical Inventory process, Cycle Counting, Batch Management and Serialization
- Experience in multiple industry domains that include Manufacturing, Public Sector, Pharmaceutical, Consumer goods and Utilities
- Strong experience with Accelerated-SAP methodology
- Knowledge of Supply Chain & Business Processes of Industries. Worked in different Business Division & Industries for SAP R/3 Implementation
- Expertise in analyzing and extracting core issues in complex business and technical processes as well as providing guidance and supervision to large and small groups
- Experience in writing Functional Specifications for customizing RICEF and working experience with conversion and transfer of master and transactional data from legacy to SAP systems and also worked on LSMW for master data upload.
- Excellent in analyzing utilization of user exits for the business process enhancements
- Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing and also assisted end users in User Acceptance Testing to validate the business scenarios using quality tools such as HPQC
- Good Experience in Mobile data entry, Stock management, Picking and Put-away strategies, Storage unit management, Handling Unit Management, RF Integration , Internal warehouse process, Transfer Requirement, Transfer Order, Cycle Counting, Inbound and Outbound deliveries
- Experience Designing and generating barcode labels (EAN barcode) for warehouse operations
- Generated output using Intermec and Zebra type Label printers .
- Expert in RF - Webconsole Architecture and hands on experience on ITS Mobile
- Experience in working on Upgrade Project from R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0
- Experienced in Post Implementation Production Support and the end-users using the RWD uPerform tool
- Extensive Experience providing enhancement and support for various projects
- Worked on both Standard and Customized reports for the business process needs
- Efficient team member with excellent work/time management skills, excellent leadership, communications and interpersonal Skills, ability to work under strict deadlines
SAP R/3 4.6C: ECC 6.0 - MM, IM, WM, QM
Operating System: Linux, UNIX, MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
Databases: PL/SQL, ORACLE 8i/9i, MS Access
Project Management Tools: MSWord, MSProject, Excel, Power Point
Distributed Technologies: ALE /IDOC, EDI, BAPI S, LSMW
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SAP MM/WM Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Reviewed existing business process in the context of material management and decided the to-be process to be mapped on the SAP system.
- Configured material master: Product data master ( PDM ) customized the attributes of material types. Maintained field selection of data screens specific to material type, transaction, industry sector, and plant.
- Upgraded the system from SAP R/3 4.7 to ECC .
- Different pricing procedure was determined for different vendors, which were based on the purchase area and material price with condition exclusion technique , and unit pricing were configured successfully to meet set objectives.
- Customized and set-up Release Procedures (with classification) for purchasing documents and also Bill of Materials ( BOM ) for subcontracting purposes.
- Configured Automatic Account Determination of GL accounts, mapping valuation classes to GL accounts, Account Payables and Account Receivables ( AP/AR ).
- Worked on MIGO transactions for Goods receipt (GR)/Goods issue (GI) for purchase orders, sales order, and stock transport orders in Inventory management.
- Defined storage types, storage sections, storage bin types and storage bins structure, stock removal strategy.
- Defined valuation categories, valuation types for split valuation configuration.
- Configured Handling Unit Management system and RF menu .
- Configured control parameters for Transfer Requirement and Transfer Order.
- Configured invoice verification for procurements- invoice entering, parking, canceling, tolerance limits, releasing blocked invoices and automatic settlement of invoices.
- Configured EDI/ IDOC for different message types to distribute data also involved in customizing the interfaces.
- Solved issues using Integration knowledge of MM/FI/SD/PP .
- Worked extensively on the integration testing (script) of MM- IM - WM.
- Responsible for writing the Knowledge transfer documentation and doing the knowledge transfer to IT stewards and End-user documentation with tools like RWD U-perform .
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
SAP WM Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Assisted the activities of the Cordillera project by configuring the system according to the business needs and developed custom specifications to in corporate new ideas into the system.
- Supported day to day activities by providing inputs and solution to the errors made in the warehousing activities.
- Conducted user enabling employees to get familiar with the system and develop hands on experience which is the most crucial phase of a project.
- Performed testing on the RF devices, identified the defects and analyzed the issues and providing solutions in a timely manner.
- Used functional knowledge in MM, WM, SD, Logistics, IDOC’s, EDI and LSMW to solve issues.
- Solved all the issues with RF hand held devices and HUM to make sure there are no show stoppers affecting the Go Live of the plants.
- Worked on RF devices to test the response time in scanning the labels on both Georgia soft works and Pragma as part of the testing to make all the transactions are working fine.
- Worked with HPQC and Aseema test running tool.
- Involved in the configuration of output determination by creating Output types , Access sequences, Assigning output types to output determination procedure, Configuring print parameters, setting up plant specific condition records.
- Coordinated with offshore to successfully complete the configuration for the WM.
- Successfully supported Go Live for 29 IM plants and 5 warehouses.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
SAP MM/WM Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Detailed blueprint phase implementation for and gathered requirements from business units for analysis and Business process design.
- Responsible for conducting day to day status meeting to discuss the issues and their resolution.
- Configured Purchasing Organization and assigned different purchasing organizations and purchasing groups. Carried out split valuation of materials based on valuation category.
- Worked in the WM, configuring the master data and transactional data items like storage types, storage sections, storage bins, picking and put away areas.
- Defined Storage Bin Structure for all Materials by defining Template, Structure, Start Value, End Value and Increment and Configured Warehouse Structure for RF devices and Mobile Data Entry for various movement types in warehouse and Activated RF monitor for various warehouse and inventory transactions, BOM. Created new forms for bar code labels.
- Worked with Internet Transaction Server ( ITS ) mobile implementation and trained end users for the same.
- Set up purchase groups, payment terms, partner functions, pricing procedures, determination of GL accounts, mapping valuation classes to GL account.
- Solved issues in HUM.
- Set up the Plant parameters for Inventory Management, Tolerances on Goods issues and receipts, automatic creation of PO's.
- Customized EDI/IDOC on purchasing side.
- Designed Unit testing for Procure to Pay cycle right from Purchase Requisition (PR) to Invoice Verification (MIGO).
- Designed Integration script for integration testing for MM-IM-WM interface.
- User Acceptance Testing carried out successfully and made the End-user documentation with tools like RWD U-perform.
Confidential, Toledo, OH
SAP MM/WM Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Configured automatic and manual generation of Transfer Requirement and Transfer order to handle goods receipt, goods issue and customer returns.
- Involved in various configurations relating to Handling Unit Management.
- Involved in Cycle counting for the entire inventory in the Warehouse.
- Designed and configured RF Menu, RF Queue-Management for several users who use RF devices in the Warehouse.
- Designed Warehouse Labels- including Picking Labels for Bulk & Detail, Pallet Labels and Internal Warehouse Labels.
- Identified, analyzed and processed failed IDOC’s for inbound deliveries & Sub contracting purchase orders.
- Involved in parallel testing for inbound and outbound process for a warehouse.
- Created transparent tables with the required fields.
- Involved in the updating of Master data, extending master data, deletion of data in master records i.e. info record, material master and vendor master.
- Resolved issues related to Goods Issues, Goods Receipt, Reservation, Physical Inventory, Movement Types, Transfer Order, Stock Transfer, Purchase Order, Invoice Verification and other relevant objects in Inventory Management.
- Worked on MRP-Procedures , Planning process, special planning process, carry out planning run, evaluating the planning run, Procurement Proposal, Master Data.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
SAP MM Functional Consultant (Support)
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7
- Worked as a part of the team to analyze, test and secure the transactions that display sensitive information which are deemed sensitive by placing Authorization Objects to the transactions.
- Involved with archiving manufacturing materials and secure Accounting/Costing views in the material master record
- Worked on reporting work stream to test various Z-reports to secure sensitive information.
- Worked with LIS/SIS conversions to ensure that Supply chain process, Inventory process records and purchasing activities records are secured.
- Provided production support as a part of team in resolving tickets associated with purchasing activities and worked with Action Requests (ARs), System Incident Reports (SIRs) and Helpdesk (HD) tickets using Remedy tool (Version 4.05.02)
- Worked as a team member that involved developing conversion programs to secure sensitive aspects of info records, pricing conditions, material movement documents and material accounting documents.
- Responsible for validating and documenting the test scripts, test cases and testing procedures.
- Interacted actively with SD, PP and FI teams for unit testing and Integration testing of the system.
- Performed Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing , Integration Testing and Regression testing as a Part of reporting work stream.
- Involved in Preparation and documentation of CBT materials relevant to Pilot end users.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SAP MM/WM Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7
- Configured new and standard material types as per the requirements of the client.
- Prepared functional specifications on various enhancements and reports.
- Created material groups and setup quantity, value, split valuation control, forecasting and valuation classes.
- Configured vendor master data (defined different business partners, and account groups for different partners).
- Worked with the Business analyst to gather requirements for the processes.
- Configured Purchasing Process including Purchase Requisition (MRP), Purchase Requisition (Third Party), including Purchase Order (MRP), Purchase Order (Third Party), Purchase Order (Stock and Non-stock), Scheduling Agreement , Subcontracting, Consignment and Contracts .
- Worked on various purchase documents like Purchase Requisition, RFQ, Schedule Agreements, Contracts , Goods Receipt, Goods Issues, Transfer Posting and Invoice verification.
- Management of stocks and Goods movement were studied for implementing Goods receipts, goods issue and Transfer posting.
- Investigated and proposed an RF based solution for a Distribution facility that is running totally manual processes.
- Actively participated in resolving the data issues and conflicts within the functional team.
Confidential, Manchester, CT
SAP MM Functional Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C
- Determined, developed and documented: business requirements , system design, and configuration settings.
- Worked with issues related to Master Data of raw material, finished goods and packaging materials.
- Successfully induced configuration changes to accommodate change requests.
- Configured various standard Material Management documents which include Purchase Requisition (PR), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Purchase Order (PO), Purchasing Info record, Source lists, release orders, quota management.
- Worked on different Pricing Procedures determined for different vendors, which based on the purchase area and material price.
- Updated the release procedures for purchase orders according to new business needs.
- Implemented delivery scheduling and availability checks to all the storage location.
- Configured the Warehouse Structure based on the Existing Layout of the storage area, designed the Put away, Picking Strategies along with Master data, Number ranges.
- Involved in Unit testing, User acceptance testing and Integration testing for the functionalities.
- Designed a picking logic (user exit) to tackle a business issue of clearing stock in multiple bins in due course of time.
- Cutover activities like Data loading for Material Master and warehouse master data.
- Supported Pre go live users and Post Go live activities for purchasing and warehousing functionalities. Tracked progress and closure of issues and provide end user .
SAP MM Business Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C
- Assisted in the Upgrade of SAP from 4.5A to 4.6C for the Existing PP Master data (Mainly used for costing) and MM Master data.
- Involved in the internal supply chain Business process re engineering project.
- Documented the business operating procedures using flow charts.
- Involved in the gathering of requirements from the Business users. Documented the User requirements and created functional requirements for the same.
- Configured Production BOMs, Material Masters to include production data, Work Centers with capacity and scheduling formulas, Routings .
- Provide consulting, and support to the user community and application developers in the use of Master Data and master data tools and procedures. Provide periodic data integrity checks.
- Converted data from source format to target format-using LSMW - Legacy System Migration Workbench.
- Provide knowledge and guidance to the various user communities. Trained users on process flow, stock/requirements list usage and using MRP in trouble shooting.