- Accomplished 11 years of IT Professional experience in Data Analytics and Information Management Projects with focus on Data Visualization, IT Technical Solutions, IT Program Management and Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence solutions for implementing Decision Support Systems. A strong team player with excellent inter - personal skills, quick learner with the ability to make solution-oriented, creative and innovative contributions in highly demanding situations.
- Certified BO Admin & Crystal Reports Professional.
- Expertise as Data Visualization Architect in reporting projects and executed many projects starting from gathering business requirements to hypercare/production support using Tableau, Tableau Prep, SAP Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Xcelsius, Power BI, Qlik and Oracle .
- Expertise in developing interactive Tableau visualizations using Data Blending, Extracts, Context Filters, Calculations, Filters, Actions, parameters, Hierarchies, groups, Sets , Dual-axis charts etc.
- Designed and delivered end-to-end business requirements.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, looking always to learn new technologies and explore new horizons in business developments.
- Experience in RDBMS Concepts, Database Management Systems, Database Physical and Logical design, Data Mapping, Table normalization, Data Modelling.
- Good knowledge in migration and Data Modelling, understanding of data mart database design, identifying the performance bottlenecks.
- Good knowledge in Database design and development and experience in writing SQL queries, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Cursors, and Joins in SQL Server, Oracle and MS-Access.
- Expertise in Analysis, developing, implementing reporting solutions and production support using Tableau 2018.2/10.x/9.3, Qlik Sense, Business Objects ( BO 4.x, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports 2016, IDT) and Cognos.
- Exceptional proficiency in Project Management Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile Scrum) and service delivery coordination with ability to lead cross-functional International teams, identifying program capabilities, assessing resources, managing cost, schedule and deliverables to meet business needs.
- Expertise in performance tuning of the Tableau Dashboards, SAP BO universe & reports, SQL queries, coordinating with application SMEs across the business user community (Business & technical users) to understand the reporting requirements, ETL & Data modeling teams for any changes to the existing design.
BI Tools: SAP Business Objects (4.x/XIR2/6.x/5.x, IDT, Web-I Rich client, Xcelsius 2008, Crystal Reports 2016), Tableau 2018.2/10.x/9.3 desktop and server, Tableau Prep, Qlik Sense, Cognos 10.1.1
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12C, Sap HANA
Waterfall, Agile: scrum & Kanban
Others: TrackWise, Darwin, HP QC, Access Data Summation 5.6, Roam BI, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1 Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager, MS Access 2000, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy Salesforce, Team Foundation Server, SAP ECC, Data Science with Python, Data Science with R, Machine Learning.HTML, CSS, Confidential Infosphere Optim.
Bachelor of Engineering: in Electronics & Communications, JNT University, India
Confidential, Chesterbrook, PA
Sap BOBJ & Tableau Developer
Environment: Sap BOBJ 4.2, Tableau 2018.2, Tableau Prep, Confidential Optim, Sap HANABMC Remedy Salesforce
- Interacted with Business users, analysts in gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Gathering and Analyzing the requirements from business users, BPA and implementing the requirements in Tableau.
- Conducted presentations to other lines of business as a meta role to show value of Tableau as a BI tool.
- Participated and coordinated daily stand-ups with clients on daily design and development efforts.
- Installed, configured and setup Tableau environment in the organization.
- Worked on Tableau Admin for scheduling the Data refreshing frequency, manage automatic subscription, security and controlling access.
- Successfully administered users, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Developed visualizations using sets, parameters, calculated Fields, dynamic sorting, filtering, parameter driven analysis. Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Writing custom SQL scripts for creating aggregate tables and generating views.
- Prepared Technical Design Document for all Tableau dashboards Reports.
- Validated the data in the dashboards by writing queries against the database as necessary.
- Prepare the weekly status report as per the process and share it for Clients Review
- Conducting user trainings for Tableau help.
- Designed web intelligence reports for dimensional hierarchical data.
- Involved in unit testing and User acceptance testing.
- Deployed the reports to CMC for the users to able to see the reports in BI Launchpad and run, schedule and view the reports in different formats (PDF, Excel)
- Wrote formulas, parameters and conditions, Query filters depending upon selection criteria.
- Involved in Modifying and Performance tuning of the Existing Reports.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionality’s like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae’s etc.
- Organized data in the report Inserting Filters, Sorting, Ranking and highlighting data.
- Published Reports to CMC (Central Management Console) and involved in Scheduling and exporting the reports in different Formats.
- Extensively worked in Universe Designer to update it based upon the new requirements.
- Modified existing universe and implemented new universes according the reporting needs by detecting cardinalities, resolving traps and using contexts and developed hierarchies and derived tables.
- Exported the universe to BO Repository.
- Developed complex Webi reports using combined queries, merging dimensions, complex functions at the report level and complex filters to satisfy the end user requirement.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Technical Specialist/ Sr Reports developer
Environment: Tableau 10.5.2, Business Objects 4.2/Crystal Reports 2016Oracle 12g, ServiceNow, HP QC, TFS
- Responsible for report estimations, report development, report testing, Bug fix, support and report implementation for TrackWise application.
- Interacting with client and end users regularly, in order to develop reports required and to resolve the existing issues.
- Build reports using sql and doing performance tuning of the reports.
- Lead the team from Onshore and assigning tasks to the team members.
- Involve in weekly status meetings with Client as Onsite Coordinator.
- Develop Tableau Visualizations and Dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Creating action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Understand the Requirements and Functionality of the application from specifications.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Worked closely with Business users. Interacted with ETL developers, Project Managers, and members of the QA teams.
- Created different KPI using calculated key figures and parameters
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Developed donut charts and implemented complex features in charts like creating bar charts in tooltip.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics and table calculations.
- Hands on building Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary reports and Dashboard using KPI's
- Strong Dashboard design experience and passionate practitioner of effective data visualization. Familiarity with best practices around visualization and design.
- Performed data refresh on Tableau Server on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and ensured that the views and dashboards were accurately displaying the changes in data.
- Created side by side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps, Symbol Maps, calculations, demographics and geographic fields according to deliverable specifications
- Cleaning and Blending multiple data sources to allow for different views on application data in a single dashboard.
- Developed Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter type of analysis
- Assists in deployment of the Tableau components in QA and Production environments.
- Designed and developed SAP Business Objects universe, Rich client, Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence reports.
- Implementing BOBJ security and authorizations. Work with Security team for preparing security matrix for data and report access
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Provided L2 & L3 support.
- Provided Ongoing support to BI applications running in production & troubleshoot any issues.
- Developed training material and conducted end user training.
Report Developer / Technical SME
Environment: Sap BOBJ, Oracle 11g, ToadPeriod:
- Create reports in BO XI R2 & 3.1 Web Intelligence in People fluent Project.
- Use advanced universe functionalities like Derived tables, Index Awareness, custom LOVs.
- Create custom hierarchies to aid in Drill-Through analysis of Webi documents and built cascading prompts.
- Participate in the complete development lifecycle: analysis, design, build and test reports
BO Report Developer
Environment: Business Objects XI R2/R3/6.5, EQT, Oracle 10g
- Performing effective project management for L2 & L3 support and development projects.
- Actively engage in strategic initiatives to promote best practices in all development and support projects.
- Prioritize & assign the Remedy tickets to offshore and onshore team and review the solution of the Incidents and coordinate with Business team for the approval.
- As part of migration project, interacting with business owners to understand the requirements, analyzing Confidential data.
- Developed complex BO reports based on discussions with user groups and created various objects using built-in @functions (like @prompt, @select, @where, and @aggregate), complex SQL queries
- Defined Hierarchies in Universe to provide the users with Drill down option in reports and Predefined Conditions to use in Business Objects.
- Coordinating with Business & Offshore team for the clarifications required during Design, development, SIT & UAT phases of the development project.
- Reporting project status (Overall, scope, budget, staffing, timeline, resource mix) and project KPIs/milestones to the project sponsors.
- Ensure that the project documentation is maintained as per Project Life Cycle and all documents and codes are version controlled and maintained for client review and audits.
- Accountable to keep the project reports accurate and up to date on a weekly basis, ensuring that issues and risks are escalated in a timely and appropriate manner.
BO Reports developer
Environment: BO XI R3.1, Xcelsius 2008, Oracle 11i, PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in Product design and development for the Healthcare clients using the Business objects XI R3.1 and XCELSIUS 2008.
- Interacted with SME’s, Business Analysts to understand and document the requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Responsible for analyzing Utilization management data and designing summary and detail level reports.
- Created landing page, analytical summary Dashboards in Xcelsius using QAAWS and Live office to enable executive’s to view the business performance.
- Created dashboards using Xcelsius 2008 with Combo box, List box, Selectors, Alerts, Drill Down, What-if presentation, Filtered Rows and Dynamic visibility.
- Designed, Developed and Maintained Universes by defining joins, cardinalities between tables applying contexts and alias tables to remove cyclic dependencies. Used various functions such as @Aggregate aware, @prompt, @select, LOV’s, Index Awareness, Custom Hierarchies etc., in Designer.
- Created several detail canned Reports using Info view and Webi Rich Client with the functionalities such as Multiple Data Providers, Merge Dimensions, Master/Detail, Cross tab, hierarchies, Drill Analysis, Scope of Analysis, Filters, Charts, Alerts, Breaks, Ranking, Sorting, LOV, Formulas, Variables, Sub Queries, Combined Queries (Union, Intersection, Minus).
- Designed Business Objects Universe as per the technical specifications and ad-hoc requirements from the client
- Generated SQL scripts for validating and testing reports and co-ordinating with Business for UAT approvals.
- Involved in creation of BIAR files which includes Universes, Web Intelligence reports on Development environment
- Co-ordinated in Migrating reports and objects from development to higher environments.
Environment: BO XI R2, Crystal Reports, Oracle 11i
- Effectively interacting with the business partners to understand the underlying business requirements and identify the data inputs from the various source systems.
- Created mapping documents to convert the business needs into technical specifications and coordinating with Business for sing-off on requirements.
- Involved in Design, Development and Maintenance of the Universes
- Involved in troubleshooting and resolving join path problems like Loops, Chasm Traps and Fan traps by creating Alias, Context
- Involved in applying Row Level and Object Level Access Restrictions in the Universe for to restrict the data, classes and objects to end users in the Info View and Web Intelligence Rich Client components
- Involved in Scheduling of Web Intelligence reports in Info View and Central Management Console
- Involved in monitoring the status of all the Scheduled Instances through Instance Manager in Central Management Console
- Developed and maintained a user-friendly Graphical representation of Dashboard reports like charts and trend analytics which provides an instant access to all critical information and reports on all the departmental operations for the Business users
- Involved in creation of BIAR files which includes Universes, Web Intelligence reports on Development environment
- Sending the status mails to the clients and teams about the report’s development issues and data base related issues
- Involved in production support for all the customers through activities and tickets requests system
- Co-ordination with Development and production teams for moving the application into Production
Environment: BO 6.5/XI R2, Oracle10g
- Interact with stakeholders to understand the reporting needs.
- Analyzing the data to identify the source for the data points in the FREDI Data warehouse and present the data to meet the end user requirements using BO XIR2.
- Expertise in designing, developing SAP Business Objects universe, Rich client and Web Intelligence reports to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Co-ordination with Business users, onsite team and involved in code reviews.