Confidential is an SAP technical expert with 20 years of experience focused on several technical areas of SAP including ABAP, BOBJ, BW, HANA, and FIORI development.
- 20 years experience implementing, designing, and developing SAP products. Participated in several implementations, upgrades, and go - lives. Experienced on numerous SAP releases.
- Designed and development many custom applications and enhancements. Experienced with Development Workbench, NetWeaver, HANA, Fiori, WebDynpro, Adobe Flex, Adobe interactive Forms, Dialog and Report writing, ABAP Objects, ALV, ITS, LSMW, User Exits, SMOD/CMOD, BADI, BAPI, RFC, Runtime Analysis, SQL Trace, ALE, Workflow, and SAPscript, among others.
- Works well in groups of many sizes both as a technical lead and developer translating complex requirements into technical solutions.
- Participated in the development, design, and implementation of large applications that are now part of core R/3 such as Grouping, Pegging, and Distribution (GPD), as well as the Visiprise Manufacturing (VM) shop-floor tool which SAP recently purchased.
- Extensive experience working with business and functional teams to deliver strong solutions that meet the business requirements. A solid understanding of complex business processes, especially in the Defense Industry.
- Worked as Technical Architect for a large company meeting the business requirements while establishing a vision that is in harmony with SAP and the customer’s long term direction.
- Experienced with Blue Printing, scoping and estimating. Extensive experience screening and interviewing candidates to match the needs of the project. Worked to translate functional requirements into solutions that are ready for development.
- Designed and wrote development standards documents as well as functional and technical specifications. Developed code review standards and lead numerous design and code review teams.
- Trained numerous teams on subjects such as Dialog programming, ABAP objects and performance tuning. Solid experience as an impromptu instructor and mentor to developers new to the SAP environment.
- Designed and developed a WIP material report specific to GPD installations which fills a need that is currently not being met by R/3.
- Designed and developed a large-scale, integrated, Web-based Confidential replacement which includes features such as real-time TM, concurrent charging of orders, user-defined look and feel, etc. This tool was developed within the Netweaver architecture in ECC 6.
SAP PROJECT EXPERIENCE - DETAIL:
- Connect the Confidential cloud solution to key ECC tables and to BW Multi - providers, cubes, and queries.
- Successfully created a SAOP connection between Confidential and ECC that can be loaded onto any Confidential Customer SAP ECC system.
- Successfully created a connection between SAP BW and the Confidential cloud using APD.
- Maintain and support all SAP technical applications including ECC, BW, BOBJ, and HANA.
- Reviewed code. Developed complex solutions in ABAP, BOBJ, BW, and HANA.
- New full-lifecycle implementation of SAP ECC 6 for Confidential .
- Over $80 million budget and 3 year project.
- Developed and published development and naming standards.
- Aided Project Manager in development of overall budget and presentation to the customer.
- Received project approval from Confidential and Confidential Corporate. Currently designing and deploying Business Objects including 145 reports and dashboards based on BOBJ V4.
- Designed and implemented the enterprise BOBJ architecture in line with BW and ECC.
- Upgrade all Confidential SAP systems from 4.7 to ECC 6. Replace R3 database server, 7 WAS 6.20, and 1 WAS 6.40 with ECC 6 Core and 8 Itanium WAS 7 servers.
- Migrated process-based solutions to role-based solutions in alignment with SAP direction.
- Utilize new technologies where necessary or advantageous while maintaining tight budget.
- Ensure smooth cutover through parallel realization, test, and cutover.
- Added solutions which fully utilize Netweaver and Adobe technologies.
- Utilized new SAP technology to help business achieve best-practices goals in several major areas targeted by Confidential executive team.
- Retired 3 more legacy systems replacing them with SAP role-based solutions which utilized ECC, BW, and CRM.
Technical Architect/Senior Developer
- Deliver to Confidential SASa fully customized SAP system including FI/CO, MM, PP, QA, SD, HR, CATS, CRM, PM, SCM, GPD, BI on the same architecture and client as the existing live Confidential SAP implementation.
- Designed and developed the “zipper” connection between VM and SAP.
- This interface feeds data to and from VM and SAP on a real-time bases utilizing artificial synchronicity through XM. After this project, SAP purchased VM. VM feeds material, manufacturing, and labor data to SAP and receives manufacturing and material changes back from SAP.
- This interface has been in place and successful since implementation.
- Designed and developed many additional key functions for the SAS implementation.
- Design, from scratch, a Confidential system that will support over 55,000 employees; both exempt and non-exempt. Confidential system must support several diverse labor unions as well as several State and National rules including US and EU.
- The time card must be available in many platforms including R/3, web, wall-mount, and hand-held.
- The time card must support concurrent charging of orders, NWAs, WBSs, cost centers, and stat orders via many inbound interfaces, activity types and attendance/absence types.
- Confidential must provide real-time Time Management, PS, IM and CO with several levels of overtime.
- Designed and delivered a Confidential system that is standard SAP and out-performs custom time entry systems such as Kronos.
- Utilized several user-exits to deliver real-time TM, PS, IM, CO, and several layers of customization depending on the Confidential business unit.
- This Confidential system is used by employees in Europe and all over the US and allows unlimited labor union and government modifications.
- Employees can enter time from many inbound systems or SAP.
- Consolidated the Confidential inbound which allowed any front-end or external system to communicate with SAP CATS.
- Provided several front-end time cards including an iphone app, a blackberry app, a web-based timecard, an MII screen, and an Adobe flex-based time card.
- Provided several standard outbound IDocs.
- Designed and developed a custom approval process which allows managers to approve time in a much more streamlined manner including: approval from hand-held devices, web gadgets which allow managers to stay apprised of their department labor and charges, remote T&E reporting for the manager’s department.
- The Confidential system must accept several diverse charge codes including all standard codes as well as custom serial numbers which are translated to NWAs.
- Designed and developed the Visiprise Manufacturing to SAP Confidential interface which was later purchased by SAP and included now in MII.
- Continually improving the Confidential system
- Develop interfaces and reports within FI.
- Develop Workflow applications.
- Translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Review code for other team members.
- Mentor the development team.