SAP Business Objects Consultant
- 6+ Years of IT experience in Analysis, Design and Development of Client - Server and Web based Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing applications.
- Extensive experience working with End Users and Business System Analysts in understanding their requirements, assisting in providing technical solutions and implementing them.
- Expertise in Business Objects XI 3.1/3.0/XI R2/6.x/5.x ( Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Universe Designer, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius,Central Management Console and Business Objects Administration, Live Office and QaaWS)
- Experience in full life cycle gathering requirements, documentation, developing, designing, implementing, testing and deploying BI Solutions.
- Extensive Experience in migration of Business Objects Universes and reports to newer versions.
- Extensive database architecture and design skills of working on high performance solutions in large corporate environments.
- Experience in Xcelsius to create dashboards using Live Office and QaaWS.
- Adept Designing/Developing the Business Objects Universes, Ad-hoc/ Canned Reports, Complex Reports using predefined conditions.
- Experience in creating reports and accessing queries using Business Objects Query Builder, Web application Designer.
- Experienced in conducting design sessions to evolve System Specifications and Test Plans with the ability to handle training sessions and documentation.
- Experience in installation, administration and upgrading versions of BO both client and server products.
- Successfully applied fix pack and Service Pack patches on the Enterprise servers.
- Provided 24X7 support to the users.
- Involved in review meetings with Project Managers, Developers and Business Associates during Project Planning, Coordination and implementing various QA methodologies.
- Hands on experience in dimensional data modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow Flake Modeling, Physical and Logical data modeling.
- Proficient with various RDBMS technologies including Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL 2005/2000/7/6.5, DB2, Teradata and MS Access.
- Working knowledge on Migration tools: Import Wizard, Publishing Wizard, Report Conversion tool.
- Solid Experience in writing Transact SQL, SQL Sybase, stored procedures, functions, packages, data base triggers, exception handlers, Cursors.
- Worked as a team player with proven problem solving skills as well as independently with excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
Bachelor's in Engineering.
Technical Skill Set:
- OLAP/DSS Tools : Business Objects XI 3.1(R3.1)/R2/R1/6.x/5.x/5i/4.x, BO SDK, Crystal Reports, Central Management Console, Central Configuration Manager, Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Webi Rich client, Report Conversion Tool, Translation Manager, Crystal Xcelsius 2008/4.5, Query As A Web Service (QaaWS), Performance Manager, Crystal reports Enterprise, Auditor, Crystal Report Explorer, Dashboard manager, Tomcat 4.0.6 , SAP Portal
- RDBMS : Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7, MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, DB2, MS-Access , Teradata
- Utility Tools : Erwin 4.1/4.0, Toad 8.5.1 and SQL Navigator 4.1, Developer 2000
- Languages : C, UNIX Shell Scripting, XML, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Operating Systems : Sun Solaris, UNIX, Windows 2003/XP/NT/Vista/7/2000/98/95
- Middleware : Web logic 10.1, 10.3g
Confidential, Oct'11 - Present
Role: Business Objects Application Support
- Key technical resource for Tier1 Business objects client support, manage direct client report issues, data requests, and assist with reports creation and scheduling.
- Successful technical oversight and management of all BO universes and standard reports in BO XI and BO 5.1.4 used by 4000 users nationwide.
- Instrumental in testing and successfully delivering reports timely, including performance tuning of BO full client and WebI reports.
- Tested and verified report changes in BO XI 3.1 sp5 and was involved in Bug-fixing.
- Involved in Migration and deployment of the universes and reports across multiple Domains using Import Wizard, Publishing Wizard.
- Provide key performance, security, and architecture assessments, documentation, and guidance for management, vendor management, and code reviews.
- Business Objects incident management to troubleshoot issues with end users.
- Testing objects in the universe, to ensure the correct mapping of the objects.
- Testing and resolving loops and contexts to ensure the correct results from the query.
- Resolving table-joining problems like Chasm trap and Fan trap using context and Alias.
- Testing the universe structure to ensure the tables are properly updated.
- Provide technical advice for improvements of BO service
- Proactively monitoring and reporting continuous report failures, badly scheduled reports, long running reports and worst performing reports.
- Troubleshooting security and assigning single sign on security for the user through SAP portal to access webI reports sin Business Objects.
- Promoted the tested content form Development to IT, QA and Production using Life-Cycle Manager
- Evaluate the effectiveness of disaster recovery exercises affecting Business Objects
Business Objects XI 3.1 sp5/R3/5.1.4, SAP BW 3.5, XCelcius 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, SAP Integration Kit, Business Objects Explorer, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL/PLSQL, Teradata, Windows AD, IE9, Designer, Infoview, Web Intelligence, Windows 2008 R2/ 2003, Windows XP, Windows 7.
Confidential, OH Dec'10 - Sept'11
Role: SAP Business Objects Developer/Admin
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) .
- Complex report development using Business Objects and other tools accessing multiple data sources.
- Develop universes on BW queries and OLAP databases. Design ad hoc reports as needed.
- Worked on cross-tab and master detail reports.
- Created reports using various functionalities like Drill Down, @functions, Custom sorts, Queries, Slice and Dice, and Formulae\'s in Business Objects XIR3reports which involved multi-dimensional analysis.
- Created users and user groups and assign security levels for BI platforms to different users as per their requirements using Central Management Console(CMC). Involved in managing users, groups, folders and published reports using Central Management Console.
- Created and managed Universes in the Designer. Defined joins, cardinalities, resolved the join problems and checked for Universe integrity.
- Created hierarchies, complex objects using various @functions and aggregate aware objects in the Universe.
- Created Web Intelligence reports.
- Develop, deploy and maintain reporting operations using the Business Objects Reporting SDK (Java version)
- Maintain dashboards, graphs using Crystal Xcelsius. Personalized the dashboards (scorecards) to reflect user-specific alerts and metrics to track critical Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Implemented dashboards (Xcelsius) and reports for multiple clients utilizing existing SAP BW BEx queries.
- Analyze migration strategies for Business Objects Universes and reports across multiple Business Objects Repositories (Development, QA and Production).
- Applied security features of Business Objects at report level & object level so as to make the sensitive data secure.
- Develop, monitor and maintain operations specifications and diagrams for auditing and troubleshooting.
- Involved in supporting end users in resolving issues related to Business Objects.
- Support our Publisher or Developer groups in developing specific business area reporting needs.
Business Objects XI 3.1/R3, BEx Analyzer, SAP BW 3.5, Tomcat 5.5.2, XCelcius 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, SAP Integration Kit, Business Objects Explorer, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL/PLSQL, Windows AD, LDAP, Apache Web Server 2.2, IIS, Designer, Infoview, Web Intelligence, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2003., Windows 7.
Confidential, IL Jan'10 - Nov'10
Role: Sr. Business Objects Developer
- Interacted with Business Users and Business Owners to know their Business views in developing and modifying Universes and Reports accordingly.
- Was responsible to see the scalability and security provided in distributing important reports to higher managerial level.
- Analyze operational performance and make configuration adjustments as necessary.
- Resolved loops, Chasm and Fan Traps using Contexts and aliases in Universe Designer.
- Created Ad-hoc reports using BO functionalities like Master Detail, Formulas, Alerts, Slice and Dice, Drill Down and @ Functions.
- Upgraded Business Objects universes and reports from version Xi 3.0 to 3.1.
- Updated the Universe as per the changes of the Database table structure and notified the users about changes made to the Universe.
- Responsible to support the issues with reports on the BO environments (Development, UAT, Test and Production).
- Published and Scheduled Crystal reports within Info view.
- Develop and implement test scripts for evaluating service packs and future releases
- Evaluate and design web services access points for data access in multiple and dynamic user interfaces.
- Designed, developed and tested the reports based upon data generated by enterprise transaction, financial, and customer information systems using Business Objects XI connected to Oracle data source.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of disaster recovery exercises affecting Business Objects
- Developed stored procedures and made enhancements to older codes which were having performance issue.
- Built full client and WEBI reports.
- Set up groups and users for Business Objects deployment in CMC.
- Server maintenance activities using UNIX script files.
- Developed Report Mock-up samples before User interaction to analyze the business requirements.
- When the source tables are very huge, developed PL/SQL procedures using Oracle to load the data into fact tables and used them in the universe.
Business Objects XI 3.1, Web Intelligence 2.x/6 and Info view, Universe Designer, Crystal Reports, Publication Wizard, Import Wizard, Dashboard Manager, Unix shell script, Oracle 10g/9i.
Confidential, CA Nov'08 - Dec'09
Role: Business Objects Developer
- Creating, modifying and maintaining of Business Objects universes.
- Analyze and make Specifications for the development of the reports for modules like Scheduling, Tracking and Billing.
- Regularly analyze the reports in earlier builds and make enhancements to them if possible, and include them in the current build.
- Setup and maintain user security, established user groups and users and assigned privileges using Supervisor.
- Involved in all Analysis, Development, Testing, Tuning and Maintenance, as well as resolved problems during implementation.
- Scheduled the reports using Broadcast Agent (BCA).
- Created thin client reports using Web Intelligence.
- Stored Procedures were used in report to comply with the results required by the requirement of the report. Had extensively written the procedures to get the proper linking of the tables and retrieving data as needed.
- Trained the end users in working with the Business Objects user module and Web Intelligence.
- Tuned SQL queries in order to increase the performance related issues of the existing database packages & functions.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2, Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Broad Cast Agent 5.1, WebI, Windows NT 4.0, SQL Server 2005, SQL, DB2 6.0, SQL*Plus.
Confidential, Tampa Sept'07 - Oct'08
Role: Business Objects Developer
- Identified and road mapped the Business Requirements (functional & technical) with the Business users, which acted as a base for the project initiation and implementation.
- Worked with End-To-End implementation with Data warehousing team and Implemented Star- Schema, Snow-Flake Schema.
- Linked two universes Sales and Patients using kernel approach.
- Created multiple universes and resolved Loops by creating table aliases and contexts to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Setup hierarchies in the Universe for providing drill down options in the reporting environment to accurately assess the effort Vs the results of clinical activities
- Created reports on development data to test the functionality of universes with a group of power users.
- Created graphs/charts for the reports, created Master Detail and Cross Tab Reports to provide a transformational approach to the way staff members and clinicians access and report on data.
- Created complex reports using user-defined functions like @variables, @prompt, condition Objects and Aggregate Awareness Functions for SQL enhancement.
- Scheduled reports to business users and owners using Broadcast Agent.
- Created Dashboards using Crystal X-Celsius for senior management for business decision making.
- Performed Server Management Tasks, using Central Configuration Manager (CCM) and Central Management Console (CMC).
- Created Users, User groups and assigned privileges to access and work with Universes and Reports.
- Worked on Crystal Reports reporting system including Crystal Server reports distribution infrastructure.
Environment: Business Objects XIR2, WebI6.1, DESKI, SQL server 2005, SQL*Loader, Crystal Reports 9.0, Windows 2000/NT, ORACLE 9i.
Confidential, Fairfield, CT Jan'07 - Sept'07
Role: Jr. BO developer
- Involved in the creation of Universes, Classes, Objects and Hierarchies for Multidimensional Analysis of the database using Business Objects for the Accounting, Insurance, Technical and Sales departments of the company.
- Weekly Production moves made to the universe. Created Dimension, Detail, as well as complex Measure objects, adding tables, revalidating joins.
- Created Master-Detail reports using Drill down/up functionality for the Decision Support System regarding the company's Sales Revenue, Insurance and Loan Analysis.
- Used Ranking for showing the extreme ranges of data like maximum and minimum data representation.
- Drill mode Analysis helped to find out the factor behind breakdown of sales.
- Ran queries in SQL Server and validate the data in Full Client reports.
- Migrated the universe and the canned reports Testing (QC) environment to the Production Environment.
- Analysis, design and implementation of reports in Business Objects 6.5 for the deployment of strategies in the Business Analysis.
- Monitoring Business Objects Broadcast Agent and Web Intelligence servers. Scheduling of reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis using Broadcast Agent Server.
- Business Objects Administration - like adding/deleting users, set up passwords and rights for users and groups' maintenance of BO Repository by scan and repair.
- Trouble-shooting failed Business Objects reports by analyzing the SQL, generated by the report.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5, Web Intelligence, Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/SQL
Confidential, India Jan'06- Dec'06
Role: BO Developer
- Defined, developed, deployed and maintained Business Objects Universe and reports.
- Created & maintained the full client and thin client reports.
- Defined hierarchies in the Universe for providing drill down options in the reporting environment.
- Created reports with drill down capabilities.
- Provided the documentation for existing universes and reports.
- Created prototype Universe to capture the reporting requirements.
- Coordinated with the Business Analysts and the Business end users in identifying the new requirements.
- Explained the data flow and process flows using Power Point presentations.
Environment: Business Objects 5, Informatica6.2, Designer, Web Intelligence, Infoview, Supervisor, Windows 2000 Server, IIS, SQL Server 2000