- Over 8+ years of work experience as software professional in Development, Administration and Support solutions for Business Objects 4.0,XI 3.1(R3.1) / XIR2/R1/6.x with strong development, Administration knowledge.
- Had almost 4 years of experience with Sap Data Services and data integrator and data services as an ETL tool.
- Worked with the Information steward 4.0 and having experience of installing the data services 4.0.
- Strong experience in ETL design and implementation involving the extraction of data from verity of legacy systems, integration, and cleansing before loading into Data ware house.
- Experience in installing and working with the Information steward 4.0 for Data Profiling.
- Strong command in transform types like Data Integrator, Data Quality and Platform.
- Proficient in Complete software Development life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and testing validation.
- Proficient in validation rules, complex validation rules and rule bindings on information steward.
- Worked on "Change Data Capture" on both Source and Target level and implemented "Slowly changing Dimension" Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3.
- Experience in working with ABAP Data-flows, IDOCs, BW extractor, and RFC to read and write date from SAP sources.
- Strong exposure in data stores creation on sources and targets of ECC, BI and databases.
- Experience in Working with Open HubServices using Data Services.to push data out of SAP BI.
- Strong experience in creating the Local Repositories, Central Repositories and Profiler Repositories in different databases and configured the Local and Profiler repositories Management console and with Job server .
- Proficient in RDBMS and Data warehousing concepts and also Knowledge in Data mart development.
- Worked on Profiling, Cleansing and Auditing in migration.
- Experience in using the BO XI 3.1,XI R3/R2 as a reporting tool for Business Warehouse data by creating universes using SAP BW info cubes and BEx queries along with Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and Sybase EDW involving the creation of underlying database structure.
- Hands on experience on SAP Business Objects dashboards. Built several functional, operational, corporate and c-level dashboards and scorecards.
- Had an experience in Maintain Object Attributes, Maintain Source Structure, and Source Fields.
- Proficient in Maintain Field Mapping, Conversion rules, Fixed Values, Translations and User written Routines.
- Worked in OLTP & OLAP environment that includes production, QA and development databases on SQL Server through SAP BO & Data Services.
- Expertise in dimensional data modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow Flake Modeling, fact and dimensional table design, physical and logical data modeling.
- Proficient in Matapedia category and creating custom cleansing package using information steward.
- Skillful in developing different kinds of reports including Yearly, Quarterly and Monthly.
- Strong knowledge on creating shared directories for using flat files for each developer.
- Active team player and as an individual with excellent Communication, Interpersonal skills, Self-motivated, Fast learner and Good listener.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with end-users, managers and technical personnel.
- BI: SAP BI 7.0/3.5
- ETL Tools: SAP BO Data Services,4.0, XI 3.2 SP1(Designer, Data Services Repository Manager, Data Services Server Manager, Management Console), SAP BO Data Integrator XIR2.,SIA, Central Management Console, CentralConfiguration Manager, Designer, Tomcat ,Apache, Informatica.
- Data Modeling/Oracle Utilities: Erwin, TOAD, SQL* Navigator, Developer 2000, SQL*Loader.
- Databases: ORACLE 11.2/10g/9i/8i, DB2, Informix, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Teradata.
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, ABAP, Java, C#.net, VB.net, C, C++
- Web Technologies & Web Tools: Servlets 2.0, JSP 2.0, XML(XSDL,XSLT,SAX,DOM) HTML 3.2/4.0, IIS 4.0/5.0.
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, MS-Dos, Windows NT 4.0/2000/ 2003/2008r2, xp
Confidential, FINDLAY, OH. Jun 12- Present
Data Migration Developer
SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.0 & XI 3.2 SP1 (Designer, Repository Manager, Management Console, Server Manager), SAP BW/BI 7.0, SAP ECC 6.0, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows 2003 server/XP.
- Participated in project planning workshops with project managers, Business users and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Worked with Functional Managers / BA's / End Users to gather reporting requirements satisfy the needs of business units and supplier partners.
- Developed technical specifications. For Data services objects.
- Worked with architecture and security teams to setup securitystandards. Both on OS level and In Data Services.
- Extensively used LSMW for legacy system data migration to SAP.
- Installed & updated Data Services 4.0 in Development and production server.
- Applied Patches on provided by SAP as a resolution for the OSS Tickets.
- Worked on profiling of data (column relationship, de-duplication, redundancy and uniqueness) using Data-insight in INFORMATION STEWARD.
- Created and Managed Views and Scored cards in Information Steward.
- Configured repositories using Information Platform Service (IPS).
- Created Local Repositories, Profiler Repositories for MS SQL Server 2008 and configured the Data Services Local repository with Job server and Management console.
- Worked on source and target mapping documents and did the gap analysis.
- Co-Ordinated with 3 member offshore development team.
- Extensively used SAP BPDM(AIO) templates for data migration.
- Configured Migration Services on Tom cat for Lookup maintenance in Migration.
- Developed the work-flows to load the data into Customer Master Sale's data (KNVV) and Partner roles (KNVP) etc. from legacy systems.
- Developed Jobs to load the Legacy system data into COND_A04 IDOC (KOMG, KONH, KONP segments) by referencing the SAP AIO SD pricing job.
- Developed all the Master Data Objects for data Migration using AIO jobs and RFC function Modules.
- Extracted data from ECC 6.0 and loaded into BW 7.0 using Data Services 4.0 as an ETL tool.
- Worked on POC to extract data from SAP using standard and Custom Extractors.
- Used scripts and cleansing transforms to enhance the performance and quality of the Data.
- Extensively worked on setting up the naming standards and basic ETL procedures using Data services for better Stability and performance.
- Worked on CDC (change Data Capture) on both Sources and Target level for SCD (Slowly Changing Dimension) Type1, Type2, and Type3.
- Involved in performing Web reports to show the status of the IDOCS, and moved the project through all stages from Development to Production.
- Supported Data Services object in testing by fixing the code bugs.
- Scheduled the Jobs in Management Console and monitored by configuring to Email.
- Worked on setting up Error Handling Mechanism on all ETL jobs.
Confidential, Hightstown, NJ. Sep 11 - May 12
Data Migration Developer
SAP Business Objects Data Services XI 3.2 SP1 (Designer, Repository Manager, Management Console, Server Manager), SAP BW/BI 7.0, SAP ECC 6.0, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, MS Access 2000, Windows 2003 server/XP.
- Performed a key role in understanding the business requirements for migrating data to data warehouse.
- Created Local Repositories, Secured Central Repositories and Profiler Repositories and configured the Data Services Local repository with Job server and Management console.
- Configured the Data Services Datastores for different legacy systems. Checked them in to central repo to make them available for all the development team.
- Extensively used various Integrator and Quality transforms to meet the client requirements to push the data from SAP R/3 tables to target database.
- Designed and Developed Work-flows & Data-flows to extract data from Oracle and multiple Flat files to MS SQL Server.
- Worked on various bulk loader options to obtain better performance.
- Extensively worked on improving the Data Quality various address cleansing tools to cleanse the raw data and generate Customer Master Basic Data.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension - type I & II in various mapping based on the requirements.
- Implemented recovery mechanism on work flow level for ETL jobs using data services.
- Used lookup_ext and database joins to get the Delta loads.
- Worked on Timestamp based and Target based delta extractions.
- Used ABAP data flows to extract data from the SAP. Performed time stamp based deltas using ABAP data flows.
- Worked on setting up user security and build security matrix for BODS for creating different user groups and access levels.
- In the reconciliation stage validated the SAP load file.
- Used aliases in data stores to for schema changes between environments.
- Strictly followed coding standard such as naming convention while migrating the data from source to target.
- Scheduled and monitored ETL jobs through Management Console.
Confidential, Oak Bridge, IL. July 09 - Aug 11
SAP Business Objects Data Services XI 3.2 SP1 (Designer, Repository Manager, Management Console, Server Manager), SAP ECC 6.0, JBA(AS400), MS SQL Server 2005, DB2 Business Objects XI3.1 SP2 (Designer, Infoview) Oracle 10g, MS Excel 2000, Windows 2003 server/XP.
- Participating in team meaning with BA's and Manager and generating the design outline based on the End-User requirements.
- Used Business objects Data Services to migrate data to data mart.
- Used SCD without table comparison and History preservation options to accelerate the ETL performance.
- Extensively used Debugger to preview and data at various stages of the transformations and further removing errors and making changes before the extracting the data to the target tables.
- Created ATL files of ETL jobs and databases for production and other stages of data implementation.
- Retrieved data from various sources with modified universe, classes and objects.
- Extensively worked on Data Integrator, Platform transforms and used lookup function to pull data from the various table form the data-store to the target table.
- Used Management console to schedule and monitor Batch jobs.
- Involved in Designing Business Objects Queries and reports and improved report response time by fine tuning BO Queries.
- Exposed to Data Warehousing Concepts including Star Schema and Snow-Flake Schema.
- Exposed to Data Services, Architecture Data Services objects, Data Services Design interface, Data Store, Importing various kinds of metadata & File formats.
- Enhanced Universes with SQL Queries for the reporting performance.
- Worked on Data Integrator which delivers enhanced data cleansing, data enhancement, and match / consolidate features.
- Used Local repository metadata to build universes, to generate reports on IDOC Status and Messages.
- Provided backend support for production environment.
Confidential Memphis TN.Oct 07 - Jun 09
Data Services Developer
SAP Data Services XI 3.1 Business Objects XI 3.1/R3/R2 Suite (Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Central Management Server, Central Management Console, Import wizard), BOBJ Explorer, Business Objects 6.5.1, Crystal Report 2008API BCA BW/BI, SAP ECC, Oracle 10g. MS Accesses2000 and Windows 2003 server/XP.
- Installed & configured Data Services XI 3.1 in Development.
- Gathered information and work place code standards and analyzed the requirements.
- Extracted data from different sources such as Sybase, SQL server and Flat files and loaded on to Oracle 10g as per the requirements.
- Created complex Queries by joining multiple tables for various sources and also used various functions to extract data as per client requirement.
- Created several mappings / Work-flows in SAP BO Data Services to load, maintain and update the data.
- Modified the existing Universes according to the specification, from different data sources like Oracle / SQL Server.
- Created Local repository and configure to the job server
- Created data store and established connection to the various sources data bases.
- Created a graphical crystal reports for a better understanding and documentation.
- Involved in developing quality performance management dashboards for Users to view all the QPM reports.
- Trouble shooting problem by using SQL server profiler.
Confidential, Mumbai, INDIA. May 04-Jan 07
SAP BW developer
SAP ECC 4.6, SAP BW 3.0 Oracle 8i, MS excel 2000, Windows 2000 server.
- Worked extensively on BEx Analyzer for creating Queries, modifying and navigating through the result of a query and filter data. Worked on Key Figures for currency translation and defining restricted Key Figures.
- Extended Info Sources wrote transfer rules and update rules. Built and loaded cubes, validated results.
- Designed cubes to accept multiple Info Sources. Extracted Meta data, master data and transaction data. Wrote complex transfer rules and update rules. Maintained data in ODS. Configured and loaded all LIS tables, setup Meta data and master data transfers, activated all Info Objects, Info Sources and Cubes. Created custom LIS Info structure, Info Objects, Info Sources and Info Cube. Performed Meta data transfers, extracted data and reconciled the Info Cubes.
- Created Queries by defining rows, columns and free characteristics providing drill down functionality in reporting using BEx. Created custom Info Cubes including Update Rules. Created Info Package and populated Info Cube with full update.
- Activated Info Object, Info Catalogs. Defined Info Source, updated Meta data, maintained and activated Communication structures, maintained Transfer Rules. Transfer routines were specified for period conversions.
- Created Info Package and populated Info Cube with full update.
- Worked with RRI (Report to Report interface) between ODS object and Info Cube.
- Created Queries by defining rows, columns and free characteristics providing drill down functionality in reporting. Assigned queries to different User Catalog on client specification.
- Developed queries and executed using Business Explorer Analyzer.
- Worked with business people to establish analysis requirements and functional specialists to locate data sources.
- Responsible for training customers in both the configuration and utilities provided by the Business Information Warehouse.
- Extensively worked with flat file (text, excel) loading for transaction data, attributes, texts and hierarchies.
- Successfully Installed the Business Objects Integration kit.
- Created the Universe Using the Info cubes, BEx queries.
- Got the corporate training on newly introduced Cascading prompts and Implemented in Webi reports.