- Experience in SAP Development, Conversion, Upgrade, Migration, Maintenance, Production Support.
- Complete project lifecycle experience in 4 SAP Implementations. Involved as a key member of project teams through all phases of realization, go-live, rollout and post implementation support.
- Proven expertise collecting SAP functional requirements and convert into technical specifications.
- Background in: Root cause analysis, Troubleshoot, Debug, Performance tuning SAP applications.
- Experience in SAP BC, web Methods, PI/ XI integrating SAP with other ERP and legacy systems.
- Supervised, mentored coworkers and proactively designed SAP applications to enhance productivity.
- Analytical, detail oriented, focused and self-motivated. Excellent communication skills. Committed to high standards of performance. Capacity to work well independently and in a team-oriented setting.
- Consulting experience with Fortune 500 clients covering broad range of industries such as insurance telecommunications, manufacturing, banking, retail, health and advertisement.
SAP Releases : SAP R/3: 3.0F, 3.1I, 4.6B, 4.6C, SAP ECC 5.0 & 6.0
- SAP Functional: SD, MM/IM, PP/PM, WM/LES, FI/CO, BW 3.5 and NW BI
- SAP BW, NW BI: Query Design, Extraction, PSA, Key Figures, Report/ODS/cube/multi-provider design.
- SAP Technical : ABAP/4 Workbench, Data Dictionary, ABAP-Objects, SAP Script/Smart Forms, IDOC,
ALE/EDI, BDC, Call Transaction, BI, DI, LSMW, Painter Menu/Screen/Report, Dialog
Programming, Reports (Standard, Interactive, ALV), CATT, eCATT, Enhancements and
Modifications, Exits User/Field, BADI, RFC, BAPI, Performance Tuning, Archiving, BSP,
Workflow, OSS Notes, Batch Job Management, Debug/Troubleshooting, Mercator.
- SAP Integration : SAP Business Connector, web Methods, SAP PI/XI, XML and HTML.
- SAP-RF : SAP Console, RF Data Integrator (CIM Concepts).
- MAINFRAME : COBOL,PL/I, CICS, IMS DB/DC, DB2, MICRO FOCUS, MODEL 204, SAS, dBASE.
Senior Analyst at Komatsu America, Rolling Meadows, IL 8/2008 - Present
This client had concurrent SAP upgrades and several legacy systems for integration with SAP.
- QA test SAP upgrade: Automated creation of SAP return sales orders with reference to the
original invoice via eCATT chaining 14 SAP transactions. Tutored client in SAP eCATT tool.
- Performance tune Info Record -Servigistic interface: Identified bottlenecks and recommended
strategies to enhance code and reduce interface time between SAP purchase agreement
extracts, DB2 mainframe, middleware IFDB and ETL Servigistics applications.
- Conflict Resolution in SAP upgrades: Critically analyzed 53 ABAP programs common to parallel
upgrades running on same SAP instance for conflict in logic, interface and user-exits.
- Enhanced productivity in user-id creation: Developed ABAP program to mass create SAP user-id
in remote destinations using BAPI with input from local excel file having user data and roles.
- Break-Fix SAP-iMAPPs interface: Trouble-shoot and fixed logic to suppress re-reporting of the same machine while buyback and re-sale occurs at a later period.
- Create Technical Requirements: Analyzed process flows of .NET extranet GIR and Java extranet
SMAP and its components: BAPIs, custom ABAP programs, Workflows and XMLs. Developed
strategies to automate interface using SAP Business Connector and WSDLs.
Senior Analyst at Madden Communications Inc., Wood Dale, IL 6/2007 – 7/2008
This large and complex project involved integration of existing Philip Morris (PM) Sales Order Entry Systems with SAP SD module using the SAP Business Connector(BC).
- Business User Interaction: Led requirement gathering from business users, SAP and AS/400 stakeholders. Enhanced and updated poor functional specs for completeness and accuracy.
- Technical Design: Created several comprehensive technical specs identifying all possible business scenarios. Researched and identified RFCs, BAPIs, IDOC. Implemented RFC wrappers
to simplify middleware logic and improve performance. ALE configuration.
- Integration Testing: Architect of Test Driven Development (TDD). Created test cases for all
scenarios and verified them for accuracy and completeness. Coordinated end-to-end integration
testing for the SAP-BC-PM interfaces.
- Supervision: Guided and mentored SAP BC developers implementing the technical specs.
Confidential,Highland Park, IL 2006 – 5/2007
Involved in all aspects of SAP implementation of SD module (Order-To-Cash).
- Blue Print/Requirements: Played active role in FRICE profiles creation, feasibility and gap analyses. Developed record layouts for master data. Prototyped interfaces with webMethods / XI.
- Realization/Technical Design: Created 20 technical specifications for off-shore coding. Using ALE/IDOCS designed interfaces with webMethods / XI. Created ALV reports, Smart Form/Sap Script forms and User Exits. Code review and performance tuned off-shore developed code.
- Integration Testing: Key role as troubleshoot, issue resolution. Technical specs update from change management.
- Stabilization/Production Support: Developed and monitored metrics on critical process to alert proactively business and functional resources for bottle necks. On call 24/7 for production issues.
Senior Analyst at Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, Chicago, IL 2004 – 2005
Participated in SAP go-live for SEQUIOA & Mexico plants and Kraft products acquisition.
- SAP Script/Smart Forms: Developed multiple language layout sets, showing single/multiple columns per page, labels and logos, configured output types, modified SAP print programs.
- ALV Reports: Created for Standard Price, Purchase Price Variance, COPA Planned Valuation.
- User Exit/BADI: Implemented for Sales History, Document Info Record, and Purchase Order.
Confidential,Lake Forest, IL 1998 – 2004
Led technical and functional support during implementation of SAP modules MM/IM, PP/PM and WM/LE and subsequent plant role outs, upgrades and Y2K Remediation.
- Project Management: Led requirements gathering, feasibility, gap analyses, set mile stones, translated business requirements into technical specs. Applied top-down methodology.
- Upgrades: Actively involved in 3.1I, 4.6B, 4.6C upgrades. Researched and applied OSS notes.
Updated custom codes. Created test scripts. Verified custom transactions and interfaces.
- Plant Rollouts: Configured PM functional locations and work centers. Uploaded data from MS Access. Created batch job and variants. Configured IMG settings for PP and PM modules.
- Y2K Remediation: Investigated & modified custom objects/interfaces and tested for compliance.
- SAP-RF Support: Increased shop floor efficiency by 90% by creating critical RF transactions
in MM/IM and WM/LE modules using Data Integrator middleware and SAP Console.
- SAP Script/Smart Forms: Developed several layout sets in IM, PO, PP WM modules.
- Dialog Modules: Enhanced and fixed incorrect logic of custom transactions in PP and WM/LE.
- User Exits: Implemented user exit in inbound IDOC for transfer of independent requirements in DM/SOP module and for auto batch number assignment for goods receipt in IM module.
- ALE Support: Configured ALE settings, fixed processing logic in inbound IDOC for update
of S076 planning table in MPS/MRP modules.
- Interactive Reports: Created several custom transactions in IM and PP modules. Gained 60% productivity and 100% user-satisfaction and were among top ten critical transactions.
- Break Fix Support: Achieved 91% SLA resolution through root cause analysis and fixes.
Reduced job failures by 99.9% by fixing critical SAP-Legacy SOP, DM and MPS/MRP runs.
CLIENT/SERVER and MAINFRAME Consulting Assignments: 1984 – 1998
- Allstate Insurance: .Improved efficiency of insurance applications by 50%.
- Inland Steel: Led client/server development for mainframe upload from PC.
- Northern Trust Bank: Implemented banking systems applications.
- McDonald’s: Enhanced sales systems.
- Navistar International: Enhanced Sales Reject System.
- Kemper Insurance: Implemented Insurance Commercial Line.
- BellSouth: Migrated mainframe system to dBase application in PC.
- AT&T: Enhanced cost accounting systems.
- University of Illinois: Established statistical support facility.
EDUCATION: M. S., Statistics & Computer Science