Highly accomplished information technology leader with more than 20 years of domestic and international experience spearheading both strategic and tactical technology solution projects that support business objectives and enhance profitability, productivity, and operational processes. Extensive experience managing worldwide infrastructures, operations, and systems, 24x7. Expertise in technology needs assessments, systems engineering, network administration, data migration, applications development, and solutions architecture. Known for exceptional management of complex, global projects and innovative leadership of high-performing, cross-functional teams.
Information Technology (IT) · Project Management · Technology Needs Assessments & Solutions · Cross-Functional Team Leadership · Process Streamlining · Strategic Planning · Global Business Applications Development · Production Scheduling · Cost Reduction Strategies/Multiple Industries · Budgeting · Vendor Management · Offshore Management · Systems Engineering · Complete Staff & Management &Training
Confidential,Plano, Texas (June 03 – June 09)
Sr. Manager, Applications and infrastructure (Enterprise Applications)
Dynamic Leader, responsible for the complete day-to-day operations of the following worldwide IT Applications and their infrastructures: SAP and Hyperion
- Plan, direct, co-ordinate activities across cross-functional team’s to manage and implement projects from conception thru implementation. Both Application and Infrastructure Projects
- Both strategic and tactical responsibilities: Ensure success of sales, marketing, and business units by turning critical business need into IT implemented solutions.
- Run SAP BASIS and ABAP teams. Support Break Fix and Enhancement Modifications for SAP/R3, SAP ECC 6.0, SCM (APO, FM,EM), HCM – ESS( Self Service), PA (Personal Administration), El (Enterprise Learning), OM (Organization Management), GP (Global Payroll), HR Administration, CRM, MM, PP, DW, BI, FI/CO application modules
- Coordinate SAP HCM Modules with Legacy TI HR systems. Evaluate Gaps, recommend solutions.
- Support/Prioritize all tickets within group and cross functional support groups
- Architect/Implement/Run&Maintain entire SAP Infrastructure and landscape. Implement SOA (Service Orientated Architecture)
- Implement SAP Solution Manager, and Netweaver, using ASAP Methodology and RUN SAP, utilize extensive Change Management best practices
- Support Application Websites and all related systems to ensure 24x7 availability
- Ensured 24x7 availability of these mission critical systems and all support teams within SLA’s. Manage 25+ engineers, $15,000,000 M Annual Budget. 200+ Servers worldwide, 30,000 users
- P&L responsibility for $5,000,000 M in annual charge back for services rendered
- Lead a team of Infrastructures managers to develop strategic roadmaps for new products/solutions; presenting proposals to sr. executive management for funding and approval.
- Implement cost savings within Infrastructure’s to achieve $3,000,000 M cost reduction yr/yr.
- Disaster Recovery, Failover, Offshore resources.
- Extensive customer facing role, validating and understanding customer requirements and needs
- Hyperion HFM, System 9
- Sarbanes Oxley 404 Audit and Compliance
- VMWare ESX, Server Virtualization, Reduced 40% servers/storage at a cost savings of 2.500,000 M. EMC, NetApp, Clarion, Zen source, SAN’s storage
- IT Staff Development, Mentoring Developing leaders, Coaching
Confidential,Plano, Texas (Dec 00-June 03)
Program Manager, SAP Upgrade
Responsible for complete upgrade of SAP from version 4.1 to 4.7. Selected/Managed outsourcing vendor and entire SAP internal team. Responsibilities included complete lifecycle management of the upgrade
- Lead the team responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance for the complete implementation of the upgrade. Responsible for the P&L/Cost center of the upgrade
- Ensured the 24x7 availability of the SAP system during the entire process
- Ensure support staff immediately resolves any trouble tickets worldwide. SAP essentially runs the entire company and if the system is down for an extended period…means a loss of millions.
- Recruit/Hire/Retain top talent. Mentor/Develop Leaders, Coaching
Confidential,Plano, Texas (May 97–Dec 00)
Infrastructure Project Manager, IT Operations (Global User Site Services)
Responsible for the complete architectural design/development/implementation of a 24x7 Lotus Notes Infrastructure for 30K employees worldwide. Ran the complete program from origination to implementation
- Select product, negotiate, plan, coordinate, design, develop, and implement enterprise platform for mid to large applications.
- Manager budget, schedule, people, vendors, etc…
- Create/Rollout efficiency initiatives; Ticket Reduction, Downtime metrics, and Staffing
- Create/Develop/Rollout Annual Plan: Budget, Staffing levels, Servers, etc ..
- Utilize influence to help manage complex relationships with both internal and external customers
- Manage staff. Define/Implement strategies. Coordinate issue resolutions for upgrades, new applications and processes and procedures
- Support all E-Commerce applications on Domino Infrastructure
- Completely responsible for performance reviews/compensation for employees
Confidential,Plano, Texas (June 96–May 97)
Sr. Systems Architect/Technology Architecture (Research and Experimentation)
Led the effort to evaluate and prototype leading edge technologies for corporate integration. Evaluate Emerging Technologies.
- Investigate/Evaluate Corporate E-mail. Value and ROI at the corporate level
- Investigate/Prototype “Push” Internet Technologies. Miramba’s Castanet, BackWeb, Wayfayer’s Incisa, Point Cast Network, enabling a paradigm shift to distributed information over internet/intranet/extranet architectures.
- Design, develop and prototype advanced internet applications/architectures using Java with Symantec Café and Visual J++. * Created CyberService Application using Java which enables dealerships to allow their customers to remotely book/verify service appointments. This application used distributed object technology while communicating with a MS SQL Server Database. Supported by CORBA compliant middleware Visibroker.
- Consult on new business opportunities for these technologies.
Confidential,Plano, Texas (May 95–June 96)
Sr. Architect/Technology Architecture (Strategy Development)
Led a small team in developing EDS’s Global IT Vision and Technology Strategy used in outsourcing deals.
- Developed comprehensive technology strategy to successfully leverage emerging technology trends and current project experiences across the EDS Infrastructure.
- Helped develop EDS’s Global IT Vision, successfully creating a world class Technology Strategy Presentation.
- Worked with Sales/Marketing to help establish core relationships with clients. I. E. Provide Pre/Post Sales Support on Multi Billion Dollar deals.
Confidential,Warren Michigan (June 94–May 95)
Sr. Systems Engineer/Project Manager (Consultant at General Motors Account)
Project manager for the Integrated Scheduling Project. This effort encompassed the complete life cycle S/W development effort enabling GM to produce a Cadillac for customer order to delivery within 5 business days.
- Translate business requirements to system requirements. Build strong relationships
- Manager complete S/W development project. Plan, schedule, testing, resources, rollout etc…
Confidential,Irving, Texas (Dec 93- June 94)
Sr. Systems Engineer/Project Manager (Consultant at Canmax Retail Systems)
- Manage 20+ engineers in the development of a leading edge transaction processing system.
- Managed program and development efforts across 20+ engineers for a credit card transaction processing system. Resulted in winning $10,000,000 million contract. Implemented Structured Developmental Methodologies into a small company
Consultant @ Confidential,Irving, Texas (Sept 93 - Dec 93)
Project manager – Alternate Fueling Methods
- Responsible for the complete life cycle S/W design and development effort on a fuel delivery transaction system. Resulted in CanMax winning follow on business with Sunoco
Consultant @ Confidential,Lewisville, Texas (March 92 - Sept 93)
Sr. Systems Engineer /Project manager HARM Missile Program
- Responsible for s/w design test, and integration for Aircraft Launcher Interface Controller (ALIC)
- Secret Clearance
Confidential,Garland, Texas (Feb 85 –March 92)
Sr. Systems Engineer (Strategic Systems)
- Led large teams (30+) in the integration of very large defense systems
- Project manager for complete life cycle s/w development efforts across multiple vendors
- Top Secret/SBBI
Tech Skills: UNIX, Linux, Windows, NT, Windows, VMWare ESX, MS Exchange, MS Project Server, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Exchange, MVS, AIX, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion 9 Webfocus, Remedy, SAP Basis, Lotus Notes, Domino, Active Directory, SMS, RIM, IM, C++, Visual Basis, Pascal, AS400, Citrix, SQL, SQL Server, HTML, Oracle. LDAP, PMLC, SDLC, ITIL, PMBOK, SharePoint, EVMS (earned value management system), CAM (cost Account Management), Risk management, Enterprise Architecture, VPN, SAN’s, EMC, Clarion, NetApp, Virtual Server, SAP R3, SAP SCM, SAP CRM, SAP MM, SAP PP, SAP DW, SAP FI/CO, SAP BI, SAP BASIS, SAP ABAP, SAP Netweaver, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP HCM, SAP Solution Manager, PMI Certification – April 09,
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BS), Computer Engineering