- 16+ years of experience in IT Industry, with 10+ years of Extensive experience in SAP BI solutions delivery and 3+ years experience in ABAP. This also includes 3 yrs of BOBJ Experience with latest version BOBJ 4.0
- strong>Created Implemented design procedures that increase efficiency of the queries, remodeled queries, Aggregates. This all accelerated customer satisfaction business improvementsInvolved in multiple life cycle implementations of BI/Portal projects from blue print, gap analysis, system landscape, data modeling, design and development, ETL, validation, reporting and Security, till Go-Live and involved in production support. Excellent Managing, Leading communication skills and ability to lead a team as well as work well in a team and manage multiple assignments at the same time. Experienced with Requirements gathering, data modeling, System Architecture. Feasibility studies, Scope Documents requests for proposal RFP
- Experienced in extracting data from R/3(FI-GL,MM,SD,HR) using different extraction structures such as FI-GL,
- COPA, SD and generic extractors and also non R/3 systems flat Files
- Excellent cross-functional knowledge of SD, MM, FI/CO HR modules in SAP R/3
- Extensively worked on Post Implementation support on BI Administration (Monitoring data loads, query run times, Process chain)
- Develop implementation strategies, Mapping from Legacy system to the R/3 system
- Skills on ABAP, BI Bex reporting, Portal Integration with BI, Performance Tuning, Security, Profile Generator, Transport Management, and BW Related Basis.
SAP BW ExpertiseTechnical experience Overview:
- Over 10 years 4 full life cycle implementations in SAP BW( BI 7.0) ,R/3, BPS BPC Configuration, ECC 6.0, FI/CO, HCM, BO. 1 full life cycle in SAP BI 7.0.
- 3Yrs in BOBJ with latest version 4.0
- Extensively worked on Requirements Gathering, Landscaping, Architecting, Data Modeling of Info-cubes, ODS, Multi-Providers, routines, Transformation rules, Extraction, Report design.
- Created process chains for scheduling of various load processes. Business content activation experience, Metadata repository usage experience, Translation, Reporting agent experience. Worked with Web Application Designer for integrating reports to web.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP BW components like Data Source Enhancement,User Exits, OLTP extraction data, Loading (Full/Delta Up-Load), Scheduling, Monitoring, Data Mart, Open Hub Service, Reporting Authorizations,
Reporting Agent, Roles, User Profile maintenance, and Transports.
- Proficient in uploading master data and transactional data both from flat files and SAP R/3 Systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in collection, activation and use of Business content.
- Experienced in assigning Roles to users, Creation of Authorization objects using Profile generator. Also assigned Roles to Pre-Calculated web
- Expertise in front-end Business Warehouse Components like Queries, Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures, Structures, Variables,
Exceptions, Conditions, RRI, Info-Set Queries and WAD (Web Application Designer)
- Implemented BI 7.0 Accelerator functionality for performance of the query runtime.
- Worked on Xcelsius, BOBJ(Universe Designing, Modeling) for legacy based reports(sales, Planning) using MS Data Warehouse technology.
- Worked on Master data creation for Customers, Materials, Creation of Sales Org, Cost Center, Profit Center Hierarchies.
- Worked guided the offshore team for implementing the standards custom requirements in enhancing the reports, business processes report layouts.
- Worked on Agile Methodology, Waterfall Approach.
MBA in Organizational LeadershipBachelor's in Computer Science.
BI 7.0 Training
Project Management Training
Business Planning Consolidation Training.
Technical Skill Set
SAP BW/BI Versions
BW 7.3, BI 7.0(NW2004S), BW 3.5(BW-BPS), 3.1C, 3.0B, 2.1C
BOBJ 4.0, BOBJ 3.x
SAP R/3 4.6 C (Business Areas: MM, SD, PP, FI/CO HR)
SAP R/3 Versions
ECC 6.0, ECC 5.0, 4.7, 4.6C, 4.5B, 4.0B
Workplace 2.0, Enterprise Portal 6.0
ABAP/4, Visual Basic,C, VBA, Pl/Sql
Database Management Systems
Oracle 9i/8i/8.0/7.x, SQL Server, MS Access
Reporting Tools/Designing tools
BIA, Query Builder, BEx Analyzer, Visual Composer 7.0, WAD, and BO, Crystal reports
Erwin, Power Designer, Rapid Sql, Describe
Power Builder, Visual Basic
UNIX, MS Windows
XML, Java Script, HTML
Web Application Server, Internet Transaction Server
MS Project, Excel, Project Charter
SAP BI/BO Lead Architect June12 - Current
- Worked as a lead Architect Strategist to best use guide the internal team for using BOBJ 4.0 reporting on BW7.3
- Worked on re-designing Master data. Defined security model around how reps are going to look at master data(both current customer previous customer)
- Performance and tuning on query performance, OLAP cache, Aggregates.
- Guided the BW team on the design of universes OLAP connections thru IDT.
- Re-enforced semantically partitions with Multi-providers on GL Fiscal Year.
- Modified Full to Pseudo Delta based extractions with UD-connect.
- Webi reports on current/historical comparison on fiscal-year period for sales credits
- Converted webi based calculations on BEx cause of the usage of new functionality to directly connect webi to Bex.
- Implemented mobile reporting for IPAD Users.
SAP BI/BO Lead Jan12 - June 12
- Lead the BW/BO implementation which includes- Business requirements, Architecture, solution design customizing design based on reporting needs, system configuration development both backend Frontend, also developed Production Cutover, go live support.
- Architected Developed the Aggregate Spend Project using BW and BO as front end implementation.
- Developed the complete backend design for FED State reporting needs for Forest.
- Also involved BOBJ reporting using Webi Universes based on BEx Query.
- Created Info-sets for States which require complex reporting drill down capabilities.
- Developed APD for DC Aggregate cost reporting based on Territory Employee details.
- Used a separate design for FED reporting using replacement path from the second query, this was basically designed to use a separated DSO which aggregates for >100 records on cal year.
- DC Gift Expense Report: Complex Query merge to derive the report level details based on below rules and display each individual spend of covered recipients. Report Records if Aggregated Amount > $25.
- DC Aggregate Cost report: The report shows calculation of the compensation for those managers who indirectly engage in promotional activities, only the portion of reps who report to these managers to were be used to calculate gross wages.
- Designed a separate cube for MA state cause of the complexity, complexity lied on reporting recipients non recipients with equally distributing spend on recipients of non-recipients.
- Developed Process chains, technical specs, production hand over document.
SAP BI Architect Mar 11 - Dec 11
- Was involved in the maintenance updates of New GL queries.
- Well versed with New Gl Extractors like leading ledgers 3FI_GL_0L_SI 3FI_GL_0L_TT and also non leading ledgers N1, N2, TX.
- Worked on creating the Cutover plans for Go live.
- Maintaining Master Transport list coordinating the team for updates changes.
- Constant Issues changes, updates to the plan.
- Tracking updates to the plan in the Go Live Phase.
- Complete End to End support during Go live the Post Go live phase.
- Worked on designing the BI Stats for Query usage per day/week/month with users as a drill down.
- DSO Cube development for CT08 Non CT08 layer.
- Define BIA indexes performance tune issues facing BIA.
SAP BI Lead/Architect Sept 10 - Feb 11
- Worked on Design Architected the solution for Hub Profitability.
- This project involves some complex reporting which gets data from CO-PA, Sales Planning, Intercompany Forecast, Goods Movements cubes. Also involved is the Bill of Material functionality.
- Design the report layout liaising with business. Designed developed the front end backend.
- Directed managed the work Processes to be built at offshore including the User Exits.
- Guided the offshore team in understanding writing FM(ZBW_BOM_HUBITEM) for the BOM functionality which needs to be embedded in the Hub.
- Wrote user exit code for converting Inventory data(by cal-month) rather than Fiscal period.
- Worked on BI Accelerator for new model reports.
- Worked on the Customizing the 0Material, 0mat_plant master data objects for the reporting requirement
- Supported provided solution for the MM cube setup data loads. Worked on Zoic_c03 cube Transformation changes.
- Worked on setting "Marker Update" for 2LIS_03_BF 2LIS_03_BX Data-sources.
- Worked on the report for purchase requisitions to Planned orders. Designed developed queries on Production lead time, Avg stock value.
- Worked on HR(OM PA) reports. These reports involved some customization in the Transformations routines based on Business Requirements.
- Worked on Headcount FTE/Action, Global Position Count - MGR
- Worked on enhancing customizing Asset Accounting Extractors 0CO_OM_WBS_2, 0IM_FA_IQ_1
- Supporting External Manufacturing Investment Management reporting new designs
SAP BI Project Manager/Architect Sept 09 - Aug 10
- Provide Technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from blueprinting through implementation.
- Strategy for BI BO Roadmap, proposal was based on the existing layout Architecture.
- Assign Team Tasks, their schedules, Review guide the Dev team
- Executing Project Plans, Project Feasibility, Resource Planning, business requirements gathering and is part of the $5 Million project budgeted for Phase 1 implementation
- Implemented Effective solutions on Modeling, Open Hub, APD, and Purge Process.
- Developed Design Functional design docs, Architecture flow diagrams, Template report design.
- Created executed dev plans with proposed ETA's for all development efforts. Also responsible for managing technical risks contingency plans for the project
- Keeps Director well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development team and SAP Director.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Performs code design reviews, and mentors junior developers.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Implemented Dashboards concepts thru X-Celsius for Sales by region, Concept/sales by region. Worked with Power Users mentor them on how to create Dashboards
- Implemented mentored on creating Universes, usage of Webi, Crystal reports.
- Estimates Plan on Data Migration from Mainframe system to BI.
- Worked on the total Performance Tuning of Aggregates, Queries, OLAP Cache, and Broadcasting.
- Holds regular status meetings with development team. Working with offshore Onsite Model. Well versed with Global BI template structure.
- Keeps development team well informed of changes within the organization and changes in Business outlook.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Overall Production Support, BI system maintenance, Process chains, Comp store updates, Master data management.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
SAP BI Solutions Architect Jul 07 - Aug 09
- Lead the BI7.0 team with HLD estimates, Project Timeline from business perspective.
- Worked on enhancing the Business Processes of the Existing LAC LSC, existing Soft terms were redrawn new process workflows were created. New implementation using ECC 6.0 Bus. Processes.
- Existing KPI's were mapped to the Business Content objects, documented the GAP Analysis, reporting requirements documenting the Functional Docs. Was the point of contact for Signoff functional docs from SAP group
- Getting feedback from FI BPS Functional consultants. Coordinating with Functional team, Legacy team and Project Manager for the deliverables.
- Implemented Rel. 1 standard reports for HCM(PY, OM, PA, BN) standard custom reporting for FI-CO.
- Worked on Configuring Modeling for ZFIGLO10(Transaction Type, Trading partner) was required into BCS. As FIGL data is a feed to BCS Summary cube(ZBCS_C02).
- Created Design Documents for PCA CCA for which the source is DSO(ZFIGL_O10) used for GL.
- As we had some issues on Delta load for FI-GL in Production. I took the lead on analyzing if the data coming in from Project System Module is valid. I took the challenge on applying different solutions on ODS for the delta to work.
- Support BOBJ(Universe Designing, Modeling) for legacy based reports(sales, Planning) using MS Data Warehouse technology. Created the reports using Business Objects based on Data Providers like Universes and Freehand SQL etc.
- Involved in the Legacy data conversion for sales orders, Creating the Mapping documents for Axapta Company Codes location to the SAP Company Codes, Profit Center mapping, Cost Center Mapping.
- Review existing reporting environment submit enhancement proposal to the BI team for approval. Coordinate with the GDC team in leveraging the optimal efficient solution.
- Worked in enhancing reports with the GDC team, explaining them the business process the report layouts.
- Anticipated in back-end design, develop unit test of the Info Cubes, Multi-Cubes and Info Packages and all back-end components - ODS, Transactional Info-sources/ Data Sources, Master Data Info Objects, and Hierarchies.
- After Implementation, was involved in Production Support - new reports, solving Delta Load Issues, Process Chains, Creating RRI reports, BPS BCS reports.
- Implemented BI 7.0 Accelerator functionality for performance of the query runtime.
- Involved in Support Provided solutions on optimizing queries thru BI Statistics, Monitoring Process chains, Analyzing monitoring data load requests, query runtime stats.
- Created BEx queries for BPS(Margin Report for Budget, P L version comp by PC CC)
- Worked on architecting the JDE replacement scenario with SAP SD(Customer Master, Material Master, Order-to-Cash, Sales Org Hier)/AR.
- Worked on SD(Deliveries, Billing, Shipments)
- Designed BOM concept for Media Products. To report at the line item level. Material Master has to be defined as Items Sub-items for Material Based hierarchy.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
Sr. SAP BI Lead Consultant Sept 06 - Apr 07
- Designed Model the WAS tables for creating web application tool called Brand Planning
- Enhanced updated screen design for User Interface, lead in designing Business processes defining Business rules. Documented functionality in BPP's
- Created the As-Is Model of the system and performed a complete GAP analysis to identify problems and inconsistencies with business requirements specification and the existing system and reported and escalated key issues requiring approval to the appropriate authorities
- Designed reporting requirements involved in WAD at the BW3.5 side. Involved in designing star schema ODS objects. Planned the BPS Implementation strategy in the application.
- Developed Custom Extractors based on WAS tables.
- As this is a mix of information from marketing finance, a separate screen was designed for forecasting Budgeting using BW-BPS technology. Designed the WBS, Cost center profit center hierarchy.
- Used the standard DSO(0FiGL010) for finance data to be populated with the marketing data.
- Created Reporting spec, test scripts, test plans strategy for User testing
- Used BEx Analyzer and Web Application Designer to report queries on the web.
- Created Test Plan UAT's by function Roles for Integration testing.
- Monitor the performance of the Forecasting vs. Actual data validity for the generation of IO.
- Defined roles for Brand team owners, Admin's, Finance Administrators for security
- Monitor the resources and the timeline of the application creation.
- Currently migrating the application to the NW 2004's platform. Integrating the new BW-BPS functionality based on SEM-BPS.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. SAP BW Consultant/Lead Sept 05 - July 06
- Project was based on the Plant Maintenance Module. Planning is done on behalf of maintenance because without planned maintenance there is no scope of work under deadlines.
- Designed BW star schema data models for PMS - transferring reporting requirements into BW star schema data models, designed info-cubes with various aggregates, used info-cube partitioning
- Mediated the objects to be used documented what business objects would serve our purpose from Business content
- Installed Performance Tuning standards and benchmarks to improve overall performance of extraction, performance-tuning techniques for Process Chains and increase parallel processing.
- Schedule and performance monitor periodic data loads from SAP R/3 to BW. Advise delta loading and ODS
- BEx reporting (Structures, Reports, Ad-hoc, Advising query writers in performance issues, Quality(Approaches, Enhancements).
- Creation of Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures, variables for BEx Structure.
- Responsible for writing ABAP routines to modify the historical data to derive values for newly introduced fields like Segment, Country, and Plant etc.
- Worked on creating new info-cubes on Maintenance materials (ZPMS_C010) and Materials where used list (ZPMS_C020).
- Configure transformation/mapping rules from transfer structure to communication structure to transform, cleanse and synchronize the data as required.
- Analyzing BW statistics for optimization of data loads and report performance during the development. Automating the loads as a batch jobs and monitoring the loads.
- Optimize the extraction and transformation of data in to the warehouse by creating aggregates, compression and providing performance statistics.
- Proposed documented Impact analysis (what parts get affected in the failure of certain parts). Worked on authorizations planning.
Confidential, Stanford, CT
Sr. SAP BW Lead Consultant Jan 04 - Aug 05
- Involved in Customizing implementing standard Custom objects for integration of data between FI SD Module.
- Assigned lead Joint meetings between Cross-functional teams in leveraging the FI SD reports. Involved in documenting ROI for quick Excel based data validation.
- Compared business reporting requirements with SAP Business Content and installed the necessary objects for Business Content Sales Cube.
- Extracted data from SD and FI/CO modules of SAP R/3 and from flat files into SAP BW system using LO, AP/AR/GL Extractors and Generic Business Content.
- Designed star schema data models for reporting, Creating Troubleshooting BEx Queries
- Developed programs to extract classification data for transport to BW system
- Customized Info objects and Info sources, Uploaded data from files and SAP R/3 source system
- Used ALE to send transactional data and Master data
- Modified Update rules, transfer rules, update routines, and transfer routines
- BW standard BC installation, data modeling and designing info cubes with various aggregate levels.
- Configuring Modeling on Sales Order, Sales Delivery, Sales Billing, Shipping Cost.
- Worked created design docs, Modeled Profit Center accounting, Cost center accounting, Materials Management through retail Info Cube, Customized Inventory, Purchasing, Accounts payable.
- Shipping costing with data combination from Shipment, Shipment costing, Purchasing, and A/P
- Involved in training of the change management group and support the post implementation.
- Used third party tool Cognos to integrate the generated BEx queries into Cognos for better design usability.
SAP BW Lead Oct 02 - Nov 03
- Evaluation of business needs that includes Asset/Record/Document management software.
- Involved in requirement gathering, participated in discussions with users, functional analysts to gather business requirements and transformed them into a data model using extended star schema model.
- Compared business reporting requirements with SAP Business Content and installed the necessary objects for Business Content Cubes
- SAP Information BW(Info sources, Info objects, ODS cubes, Transfer/update rule process chains)
- Worked on Remote Cubes to support real time data. Extracting required data from the Data Source of PSA to ODS. Worked with ODS object, ODS query, accessing ODS objects with RRI.
- Demonstrated Extraction Procedure from SAP R/3 source to BW. Optimized cube size and performance by implementing cube partitioning, tailored aggregations, multiple physical cubes, virtual cubes, virtual dimensions, calculated members and surrogate keys.
- Analyzed and Mapped Business Processes to BW and wrote Business Blue Prints using ASAP methodology. Analyzed and activated Relevant Business Content and setup R/3,Flat File and BW as source systems
- Created Asset Management Info Providers, Purchasing, Used Delta Update process for loading the data to BW from R/3 at specific intervals; Web reporting
- Created BEx queries, loaded data to the ODS, performed currency conversions and worked with hierarchies and variables.
- Generated reports using BEx Analyzer and Web Reports, defining queries using variables for characteristics and hierarchies. Worked on jump queries, web publishing and InfoSet queries.
- Extensively worked on Building Process Chains for loading the Master Data Loads and also Transaction Loads. Monitoring the Data Loads and correcting the load failures.
Project Manager Mar 02 - Sep 02
- Managing TRIS(Telecommunications Records and Information System) project.
- Created Project Charter, Time line, Project Track documents. Involved in Resource Management their tasks.
- Converted the business model and technical specs into visual models using Rational Rose and documented them as a part of architecture document.
- Created Project documentation, solutions, service requests, scope change, new tasks, performance on project, project reports and test reports, site visit reports.
- Regularly Conducting and Scheduling meetings with Team meetings and knowledge transfer groups.
- Worked hands on Team building, task allotments, Scheduling beta builds for the project.
- Interacting with users and Business Users and Managers.
- Worked on documenting describing the trends SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis, GAP Analysis.
- Extensively worked on Customer care evaluation and satisfaction. Team progress evaluation
- Hands on Problem analyzing and solution providing.
Project Manager/Architect Sep 00 - Mar 01
- Created business report for Data warehouse Project implementation
- Prepared the complete Project charter and documentation for the project and schedule meetings for status of the project.
- Constant day to day updates to the IT Manager about the project status report
- Implemented Six Sigma methodologies to increase performance of the data warehouse project and managed the team with cost effective measures.
- Created Data warehouse Schema for their Open system, so that reporting can be done.
Programmer/Analyst Feb 00 - Sept 00
Ams(Accounting Management System) is to provide the user with different tasks of handling the agreement the forecasting of the agreement for different vendors(Amerinet, Blue Cross Blue Shield).
- Interesting part was converting the reports side from a client server to a web based application.
- Interesting Complex part was working with the Multiple Tree views on the PB side.
- Involved in the team training in Power Builder 7.0
- Migration of the CLAIMS application from version 5.0 to 7.0
Programmer/Analyst Oct 99 - Feb 00
- Designed User Interface, Perl Scripts for queries.
- Involved in training of the application
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Programmer/Analyst Mar 99 - Oct 99
The AFHC(Away From Home Care) clearing house section provided access to functions related to the communication between HMOs and the results of the net settlements.
- Designed the table structure format
- Making added indexes on the tables concerned with the accuracy of the reports
- Writing stored procedure on the reporting side and views for complex queries
- Working in all levels of testing such as unit, integration, user acceptance
- Preparing systems documentation
Programmer/Analyst Feb 98 - Mar 99
- The key indicator module was a module that would provide summary information for the University of California Davis Medical Center Hospital financial activity, hospital statistics, school of medicine, UCDMG primary care network, UCDMG CCM other health system clinics.
- Worked on table views creation.
- Writing stored procedure on the reporting side and viewed for complex queries
- Working in all levels of testing such as unit, integration, user acceptance
- Involved in giving demos to different hospitals.
Programmer/Analyst Aug 97 - Feb 98
- The current designed system is the replacement of the order entry/shipping function. The current system handles the functions separately. Order processing consists of bag and bulk orders
- Separate data screens were created to facilitate the differences between these order types.
- Coding Script Writing triggers, Generated reports using Stored Procedures
- Worked close with users involved in user training
Programmer/Analyst Jul 95 - May 97
- I was involved in three different projects in the span of 2 years (Spool Tracking System,
- Forecasting Fabrication, On Line Invoicing and Voucher Enquiry System).
- Was involved in the re-writing on some of the third party inherited foundation class
- Involved in the conversion of the data into a flat file
- Used external functions to build the tree view in Power builder. which was not supported by PB
- Invoice authorization, Urgent payments, Various inquiries on paid and unpaid invoices, Generation of cost and payment entries for posting to the GL
- Summary by McDermott bank account for treasury approval
- Payment number generation, Manual check entry, Payment report
- Worked close with users was involved in the user training
Environment: PFC, MS SQL Server, Power Builder
Programmer/Analyst Jul 94 - Jun 95
Inventory Control System
This is GUI based client server application which keeps information of goods and availability and consumption, Goods ordered, Goods received, Mode of issue, Mode of purchases, Transaction rates, Indents, Indents approval and their Authorization. Responsible for coding and writing stored procedures.
Environment: PFC, Oracle, Power Builder
Programmer/Analyst Dec 92 - Jul 94
This package deals in Article Management with a unique ArticleID for each material. It maintains Membership Management (Vendors) and Transaction of Articles.
Reports add a special feature, allowing the end user to look at the monthly Transaction, giving details about materials under each member and the daily Transaction of articles using Queries. Responsible for coding and writing stored procedures.
Environment: PFC, Oracle, Power Builder