- 8+ years of experience in implementing, configuring, integrating, testing, customizing, and providing user training and support in SAP Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) modules.
- Experience in 3 full life-cycle implementations and one system upgrade using ASAP methodology.
- Involved in different phases of life cycle implementation of SAP R/3 including Business Process engineering using ASAP methodology.
- Proficient in Project Evaluation, AS-IS study, Fit-GAP analysis, TO-BE process, trouble shooting, performance tuning, Production Support and End-user training.
- Configured and Tested FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-AA, FI-SPL, Credit Management, Treasury, CO-CCA, EC-PCA, CO-PC and CO-PA.
- In depth understanding of Business Processes in SAP Finance and Controlling modules and their integration with SD, MM and PP and providing support for account determination.
- Extensive experience with SAP interfaces that include products such as ADP Taxware tax packages.
- Expertise in Configuring New GL, performing Document split, Zero balancing of documents and parallelism in the New GL
- Extensive experience in Lockbox configuration and processing, automatic processes like payment program and dunning program.
- Extensively worked on IDoc, LSMW, CATT, ALV and ABAP Queries with the ability to act as a techno functional consultant. Experience in using Infopak, Visio.
- Good working knowledge on Report Painter and Report Writer.
- Excellent Accounting and Finance knowledge with demonstrated Competencies in Financial and Business Analysis while working in different industries i.e., Manufacturing, Automotive, Public Sector and Pharmaceutical firms.
- Conversant with US and India Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SOX compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in independent and team-oriented environments with well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with problem solving ability.
SAP ECC 6.0, 4.6b
Confidential,is a leading manufacturer of fiber optic and copper communications system solutions for voice, data and video network applications worldwide.
- Involved in SAP ECC 6.0, 4.6b implementation for new company codes, plants, regional banking, upgrade and Technical support.
- Worked on different financial processes and configurations such as General ledger, A/P, A/R, Rebates, fixed assets, Lease Assets, tax, Regional Banking, COPA, Product Costing, Cost center - assessments/distribution, Internal orders and Profit Center– hierarchy modules.
- System configuration and testing in the areas of FI-GL-transactions, AP-paying vendor invoices, AR-customer credit, credit controls, applying cash, credit memo, dunning, Master data.
- Successfully demonstrated in helping SAP FI-AR, FI-AP, SD, MM end-users on various areas like payment terms, Customer Contracts, process payment runs, manually processing incoming payments, running/editing Dunning proposals, reconciliation accounts in the GL.
- Worked on configuration of Asset Accounting and Lease Accounting modules doing configuration of Chart of depreciation, Depreciation areas, asset types, period control, Calculation keys, account determination, assigning GL accounts for posting etc.
- Authorizations & security for user groups & Scheduled batch jobs.
- Experience working with defining business processes, requirements, creating customer enhancements, resolved various ABAP issues.
- Defined asset under construction with as investment measure, summary settlement, MM integration, inter-company asset transfer, capitalization of AuC and worked on valuation, depreciation posting, fiscal year change, year-end closing. Involved in month end closing procedure and tracking inventory, variances using internal orders.
- Involved in configuring Cost Component Structure, Costing Variants and Complex Overhead Costing sheets.
- Configured costing based CO-PA, created characteristics and value fields, mapping, used various derivation techniques and rules.
- Involved with configuring external tax documents, number ranges,
- Involved in configuration of SAP to communicate with Taxware and creating external tax documents, also worked on update rules within Taxware.
- Supported Regional banking Treasury services project with both IDOC and XML files for wire transfers, checks, ACH and foreign exchange transactions.
- Reporting and periodic closing as well as FICO integration points with other SAP modules, experience with IDOC’s, Queries, BAPI’s, SAPScripts and other SAP tools not necessarily specific to Finance
- Ability to lead functional and cross functional teams and to apply knowledge of specific application areas to assigned projects
Confidential,Dallas (Irving) texas
SAP ECC 6.0
Implementation Partner-H.P & SAP America
Confidential,has manufactured, recycled and marketed steel and metal products and related materials around the world
- Involved in SAP 6.0 implementation of Global Rollout
- As a CO Consultant responsible for implementing Product Costing and Profitability Analysis, Cost center Accounting and Profit Center accounting modules.
- Involved in configuring of Product cost thru sales order and production order using Variant Configuration for MTO, MTS scenario thru Object dependencies.
- Involved in configuring Cost Component Structure, Costing Variants and Complex Overhead Costing sheets.
- Analyzed and determined the organizational structure and current business process being followed at Comm. Metals and provided business analysis in the form of a Blue Print.
- Carried out all the baseline configurations in CO area after obtaining a sign off from the business.
- Responsible for carrying out Valuation in CO-PA planning to access pricing and product cost information for products having planned quantities, thereby allowing projected revenue and cost-of-sales figures to be calculated automatically.
- Successfully implemented product cost estimate information transfer from CO-PC into CO-PA, through cost component values which facilitated the import of detailed cost-of-sales information into CO-PA for flexible margin reporting.
- Developed all the Month End over/Under absorption allocation cycles to COPA
- Implemented transfer of overhead costs from Cost center accounting on a periodic basis and transfer of activities indirectly into profitability analysis segment also designed the PA transfer structure to control the secondary cost elements.
- Worked closely with the PP-PI team to get to the accurate cost estimate of the material.
- Helped end users in month end closing operations involving overhead calculation, variance calculation, Result Analysis settlements and activity price calculations.
- Configured Account determinations for different material movements and valuation classes.
- Defined result analysis keys, cost elements, result analysis versions and valuation methods to calculate Work in Process (WIP) and its settlements.
- Worked on different costing scenarios like Sales orders with processing, Sales orders without processing, Back to Back orders, consignment issue, consignment fill up, subcontracting, Intra company STO.
- Other areas of configuration included Cost Center Hierarchy design, creation of Cost Center Groups, attaching work centers to cost centers, Distribution and Assessment Cycle set up planned as well as actual.
- Created planning layouts for cost element planning and statistical key figure planning.
- Configured Key Figure Schema for COPA reports.
July’08 – May’09
SAP ECC 5.0
Confidential,sells women\'s and men\'s apparel, beauty and personal care products through its more than 3,700 stores throughout the United States. The Group operates in three reportable
Segments: Victoria\'s Secret, Bath and Body Works and Apparel.
- Requirement gathering for business process
- Mapped current state to future state, developed test scenarios, conversion/Interfaces/validation plans, cutover, end user training and post go-live production support.
- Developed business process flows, closing schedule and desktop procedures for all the activities in FI/CO
- Documented critical changes performed system tests and trained client team members on new system functionality
- System configuration and testing in the areas of FI-GL-transactions, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss for inter-company transactions.
- Configured Organizational Structure by creating Company Code, Chart of Accounts, Posting Period Variants, Field Status Variants, Maintained fast entry screens for G/L account items, Tax Codes for Sales and Purchases, Automatic Tax Postings - Account Determination etc.
- AR-customer transactions, credit management, payment terms, Cash application, Lockbox processing, Cash receipts.
- Configured and customized the Asset accounting. Configured chart of depreciation, depreciation areas, asset classes, asset class account determination, calculation keys, depreciation keys, transaction types, acquisitions, and retirement.
- Involved in the creation of assets, postings of asset acquisition, asset transfer (intra company and inter company and asset retirement).
- Configured settings for revaluation of assets, normal depreciation run, manual and upgraded value asset in depreciation areas
- Configured the derivative structures and rule for characteristics. Defined both basic reports and form reports for the business units by profit centers to analyze the profit at customer and product levels.
- Developed multiple reports for the reporting of profitability. Configured the flow of information from SD/CO-CCA/CO-IO/FI and MM.
- Involved in FI – SD integration.
Confidential,Franklin Lakes, NJ
SAP R/3 4.6c
Full Life Cycle.
SAP Business Analyst.
Confidential, is a manufacturer and marketer of quality pharmaceutical and medical products. My responsibilities include configuring AP, AR, and COPC.
- Created Vendor master and Customer master and specified Screen layouts.
- Assigned unique number ranges to various document types.
- Integrated AP and AR modules in FI with MM and SD respectively.
- Configured house banks, bank accounts, reason codes, check lots and lockboxes for payments.
- Configured automatic interest calculation procedure, payment terms, correspondence and dunning procedures.
- Created credit control area and predefined credit limits for customers.
- Configuration of FI-AA Asset classes, depreciation areas, assigning company codes to chart of depreciation
- Responsible for Fixed Asset ledger reconciliation.
- Responsible for year end close and reconciliation of sub-ledger, such AR, AP and Fixed Asset.
- Design and implementation of comprehensive reporting solution in profit center accounting (EC-PCA) and profitability analysis (CO-PA)
- Configured costing based CO-PA, created characteristics and value fields, used various derivation techniques and rules, configured CO-PA planning including planning levels, plan package and planning methods
- Created several validations and substitutions to meet the user requirements.
- Product costing, defined and configured Product Costing planning that include cost estimates. Defined product cost per order and period
- Configured Standard Cost estimates in Cost object controlling for the orders with Quantity Structure and Configure for WIP Calculations and variance calculations, maintained settlement structures.
- Created the Cost variants, valuation variants and made the assignments, created the cost component structure etc. Knowledge of material ledger, material valuations, material account determinations, actual costing, LIFO and other valuation methods, product costing roll-ups, month end closings including material ledger
- Completed Unit testing and integration testing. Created authorization profiles and tested the system before go live.
- Providing production support in FICO modules.
- Monitoring day-to-day activities and fixing incorrect postings as they occur.
- Checking assignments of relevant cost objects and in particular materials to profit centers.
- Preparing for the month end close and setting up the master data for Allocations (Assessments and Distribution).
SAP R/3 4.5
Confidential,is a global, growth - oriented diversified financial services organization. They offer a broad-based portfolio of financial products and services, including mutual funds etc
- Configured General Ledger – Created Master records, accounts groups, number ranges and G/L accounts for each company code, accounts maintenance and preparation to master files, substitutions and validations rules for documents, recurring entries, house banks, interest calculations.
- Configured and customized AR and AP modules-for vendors subject to withholding tax, interest calculations on item balance interest calculation, number ranges for forms, interest on arrears, account balance calculation on account balances / line items, foreign exchange calculations, automatic payment program, Dunning program, credit management etc.
- Configured and Customized Treasury module including Cash Management including Bank statements, Payment Programming, Payment Advises, Liquidity Forecasts, cash budgeting.
- Configured and customized Special Purpose Ledgers by designing the structure, defining the tables, created the Master data of ledgers, activities and Field Movements. Creating sets, rollup ledgers and developed the reports required by using the report writer.
- Developed a training plan and communicated with the client team on a regular basis to ensure successful execution of the plan.
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.0-4.7, ECC 6.0
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/Xp
Software tools: MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio & Front Page
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor’s in Information Science & Engg.