Technically sound, sophisticated and business-savvy professional offering more than 15 years of hands on experience, including 8 + years (5+ full life cycle BI implementations) of progressive roles in many of the world’s leading consumer goods organizations in IT and SAP BI field. Possess superior skills for translating complex and abstract ideas into sound and feasible business requirements. Excellent leadership and coordination skills for cross functional resources and processes, working collaboratively to contribute to organizational vision.
- Experience in creating and maintaining BW landscape, migration from BW3.5 to BI7.3 on HANA database
- Experience in creating Create and maintain workbooks based on SAP BEx queries using SAP Business Objects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office
- Have Work experience in Implementation and Production Support Projects in SAP BI 7.0, BW 3.5, BPS, Integrated Planning
- Implemented 5 Full Life cycles as a BI resource using ASAP methodology for ETL that includes complete SDLC life cycle-gathering business requirements, analyzing the business process, Identifying and analyzing the Gaps, Implementation, Designing, Configuration, Customization, Unit/Integration testing, Data migration, Go-live and Post-go-live support along with other Post-Implementation and Post Maintenance projects and BI reporting related to SD, MM and PP functional areas.
- Experience in Building and enhancing BI objects that include Info Objects, Data Sources, Transformations, DTP, DSO, Info Cubes, Multi-providers, Info set
- Involved in managing Info cube content, performance issues like Indices, Statistics, compression of Info cube and rolling up the data to the aggregates.
- Good Knowledge in Business Content objects and creation of multi providers and info set.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning Concepts like Compression, Aggregates, Partitioning, Indices and Line item Dimension.
- Creation of Info Packages , info package groups and Process chain maintenance
- Created Aggregation Levels, Planning Filters, Planning functions, Planning Sequences, Data Slices, Characteristic Relationships using Integrated Planning
- Created Multi Planning Area and Modeling of Planning Structures using Planning Area, Planning levels ,Planning functions, Planning packages, Parameter groups and planning sequences using SEM-BPS
- Developed Planning Functions using Fox programming to process plan/Actual data based on the requirements
- Extensively worked on ETL from Customer generated application specific generic extractors LIS, LO and SAP BW/BI 7.0 content.
- Knowledge in ABAP/4 Data Dictionary, start and end routines in transformations.
- Expertise in Business Explorer Analyzer for Reporting, query designer and Web application designer.
- Expertise in Generic Extraction of Table, Views and function Module
- Hands-on experience on Queries, Calculated and Restricted key figures, Structures, Variables, Exceptions, Conditions, BEx Analyzer, Info set query, RRI, Web reporting and Workbooks.
- Experience in extracting data from SAP R3/ECC, non-SAP systems and flat files
Confidential,NJ MAR 06 – Todate
Technical Lead : Complete reporting solution in BI(7.3) for a business Nov 11- Todate
planning application on HANA database
- Dataflow migration from BW 3.5 to BI 7.3
- Benchmarking for Data loading for Hana optimized cubes
- Benchmarking for Reporting with Hana optimized cubes
- Develop Custom Aggregation Levels, Filters, Planning Functions and Planning Sequences required for various functionalities.
- Query migration from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0
- Data loading from APO to BW
- Design reviews with various team
- Create implementation docs, test scripts, technical docs.
- Create and maintain workbooks based on SAP BEx queries using SAP Business Objects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office
Technical Lead : Complete reporting solution in BI Including SDLC June 08 – Nov11
The BI application involves actual data load through flat file in BI, data validation and loading process through Abap custom program and BSP application. Planning / Goal setting for application through SEM and reporting Plan vs. Actual through BI queries, web templates.
Leading functional team - 4 resources (1front end BI, 1 backend BI and 2 Abap) -On Site and off shore
Coordination with cross functional teams and resources to implement pilot global Bundle .Worked as a
Technical Team Lead for following projects having full project life cycle:
Phase 1 (BI 3.5/SEM3.5) Go live 2008
Phase 2 (BI 3.5/SEM3.5) Go live 2010
Phase 3 (BI 7.0) Project Live Nov 2011
- Project Planning / Priority Setting: Planning, managing and delivering system solution bundles aligned with user expectations. Responsible for maintaining project plan for related area of responsibly and time lines, coordinating development activities across teams and with Business and updating all stakeholders on project status at regular intervals.
- Business Process Analysis: Regular interactions with business owners in US and users in Latin American countries and Asian countries to define functional requirements, creating specification documents for translation of those requirements into development specifications, regular interactions with cross functional team members for knowledge transfer sessions to facilitate implementation of bundle and testing of bundle.
- Consumer - Customer Focused: Prototyping the solution to share with all stakeholders involved with bundle, coordination with off and on shore team including project planning, weekly status calls and Testing various cycles like Unit, Integration, User acceptance etc. in collaboration with cross functional team members.
- Result / Detail orientation : Creating Design documentation, User Training, train the trainer training, After go live support- Provide on-going support to users, responding to questions about application usage, guidance and process questions
Completed a demo project by
- Developing a Webi
- Loading data through Xcelisus 2008
- Creating universe
to create dashboard.
Team member : Demand Team Mar 06- July 07
BW 3.5, Mobile Sales application CRM (5.0)-Award winning project
- Work on multiple projects ( BW/ CRM)
- Production support for Sap BW application
- Work as a part of team responsible for converting current application to CRM mobile sales application
Confidential,NJ FEB 05 - MAR 06
Consultant BW 3.5 (BI reporting on supply chain reports MM & PP)
Client: Confidential,Winston Salem, NC
Key role in providing a BI reporting solution in the area of logistics management for the leading tobacco company. Role including business process analysis, requirements gathering, defining solution road map, designing and configuring SAP BW system to deliver the BI reports in MM and PP area- A complete solution including SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Provide status report, schedule and attend weekly status meeting with client side team.
- Requirement gathering and understanding current business process with user interactions and liaising with business owners
- Creating design documentation including blue print and prototypes for Data model by converting requirements in development specifications
- Building a data model that will replace the current process, legacy systems with BW by applying conceptual knowledge of business processes and technology to convert complex business processes and procedural problems to BI solutions.( Transfer rules, Info sources, Update rules, ODSs, Info Cubes, Master data etc.) Explore and test functionality of BW3.5(such as Process chains, Business content, ODS capabilities,
- Customization of LO Cockpit (Logistics Cockpit). Create Generic extractor, enhance standard extractors.
- Create Queries on Info cubes, Multiproviders and ODS Objects using BEx Analyzer.
- Define conditions, Exceptions, calculated and Restricted key figures, navigational
- Attributes, Exception reporting using Reporting agent.
- Create Report – Report Interface (Query jumps).
- Coordinate testing cycles in all environments. Actively take part in “train the trainer” program with training documentation, presentation and hands on.
Confidential,Chicago FEB 04 – DEC 04
BW-SEM consultant BW (3.3) SEM (3.3) July 04 – Dec 04
Client: Confidential,Texas, USA
Confidential,wanted their Annual budget process done through SAP BW and SAP SEM. The project included designing and implementing data model in BW and SEM for their annual budget process.
- Requirement gathering
- Initial client training in BW and SEM Creating blue prints for Data Model.
- Studying the current budget process at the client site
- Building a data model that will replace the current process using BW and SEM-BPS.
- Activating Business contents for basic info cubes, ODS objects, creating transactional info cubes, Basic and Multiplanning areas, planning levels, planning packages and planning layouts for the users to enter data manually for the budgeting process.
BW-SEM consultant BW (3.3) SEM (3.3) Feb 04 - Jun 04 Client: Confidential,Washington, USA
Identify and assess new technology and concepts that can add value to the business - State of Washington wanted to explore possibility of using SAP BW and SAP SEM to replace their current Salary Projection Syatem.
- Doing feasibility study for the US state government to evaluate the use of SAP BW and SEM-BPS during the budget preparation process.
- Part of team to develop a prototype, working in concert with SAP (America), demonstrating the budget process in BW and SEM-BPS for analysis of salary projections
- Confidential,Edison , NJ JUNE 03-FEB 04
- BW consultant In House Training in BW Worked on inhouse project Planning vs actual sales.
- At the end of intensive training appeared for and received SAP certication (BW 3.0)
Early career: Worked as a Software engineer with various organisations: JAN 97–MAY 03
Patni computers,Tata consultancy( Client –GE USA), Forbes Marshall,Commerce Bank, NJ .
Education : Bachlor of Engineering
Diploma in Computers