Summary of Experiences
20+ years of HR experience including broad-based management in HR Administration, HRIS Management, System & Process Design, Development, Implementation, and Support. Strategically and cost effectively utilize technology in alignment with corporate goals. Consistently improve delivery times and service levels while reducing costs. Excel at strategic planning, building high performance teams, project management, and implementing best practice methodologies and continuous improvement programs. Certified Project Manager (PMP) with an MBA. Proven areas of expertise include:
- HRIS Strategy and Business Planning
- Large Scale HRIS Deployments
- System Architectures
- HR Organizational Development
- Rapid Deployments
- HR Process Improvements & Best Practices
- Budget Development & Management
- Vendor Management
- Structured Methodologies
- Continuous Improvement
- Shared Services
- Data Center Management
- Benefits Administration
- Change Management
- Infrastructure Design & Implementation
Confidential, Reston, VA
SAP HRIS Program Manager 2011-Present
- Brought in to turn around a failing North America SAP HR project. This project is part of a global implementation in the UK, Australia and Middle East. The scope includes OM, PA, ESS, MSS with interactive forms and e-Recruitment on Enhancement Pack 5. Leading a team of 35 employees and contractors and managing a $10M budget. Successfully re-engaged the business stakeholders and successfully complete review and sign-off of functional design documents. Through effective leadership skills and planning, the project is back on track for go-live in Q1 2012.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Program Director, SAP Business Integration 2010 - 2011
- Reporting to the Group Information Officer (GIO) and Sr. ERP Program Director, Managing the testing and HyperCare support efforts for Amtrak's Strategic Asset Management (SAM) program--a $250M+ program to replace multiple financial, procurement, HR and logistical legacy systems with SAP, Maximo and Ariba integrated functionality. Overseeing a team of nearly 50 team members (Employees and Consultants), navigating them through the unit, integration, and user testing phases. Coordinating integration activities between project and 30+ departmental applications. Providing periodic status reports to the executive leadership team, communicating with various levels of staff, and assisting change management efforts.
- Managing efforts to establish the Enterprise System's Management Center of Excellence, including staffing needs, governance, processes and procedures, telephony/ACD and case management tools for service desk, service catalog, Solution Manager's Service Desk and ChaRM tools, and facility build-out.
Confidential, Washington, DC
HRIS Program Director 2008 - 2010
- Reported directly to the Group Information Officer (GIO) and Executive Steering Committee for this $20M HRIS effort. Successfully managed the design, development and deployment of the company's first Employee Information Management (EIM) system. A multi-year program delivering SAP HR components and processes to over 20k employees, empowering individuals and managers the ability to access Self-Service functionalities through an Enterprise Portal environment. Implementation also included Talent Management functionality such as e-Recruiting and e-Learning, Qualifications, Performance, Compensation, Adobe Forms and automated workflow processes. Responsibilities in this position also included development of new information security procedures for intranet and extranet access by employees and non-employees, antivirus checks, and reverse Turing test. Managed capital budget, performed resource planning, managed requirements, change and configuration management, oversaw all testing, and ensured proper release management. Managed directly and indirectly, 40 personnel (Managers, Developers, System Analysts, Team Leads, Business Analysts, Network Administrators, and Project Managers) both on & offshore. Managed multiple vendors. Delivered end-user training, organizational communications, coordinated change management activities, managed issues and risk.
2009 - 2010
- Oversaw the delivery of the Employee Service Center project, a 35-employee department responsible for providing Human Capital services and administrative support to all Amtrak employees. Established a new call center in Wilmington, DE, providing facility build-out, Aspect ACD telephony with terminal screen-pops in SAP's Employee Interaction Center (EIC) for call agents, Supervisor reporting, delivery of the Employee Interaction Center's case management solution, and employee personnel file centralization. Managed the 6-person consulting team and $2M budget in parallel with EIM project.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Program Manager - HRIS Dashboard and e-Onboarding Initiatives 2007 - 2008
- Developed business case, project plan, and costs for implementation of web-based performance metrics dashboard with Business Intelligence application and an automated on-boarding application for new employees. Gathering requirements and scope from business units. Formulated a high-level project schedule with resource requirements. Researched potential COTS/GOTS solutions and assessed the potential opportunities for custom software development. Developed SOW for RFP's. Assigned to a Tiger Team where I contributed to evaluating and re-engineering Air Traffic Controller hiring practices and processes.
Confidential, Square, PA
Senior SAP HRIS Project Manager 2006 - 2007
- Led the Quality Assurance & Oversight effort for a large Retail Building Supply HCM implementation. Responsible for Product Management and Customer Support, ensuring that SAP HCM functionality was implemented in accordance with SAP standards. Assisted the Implementation Partner with planning, methodology review, requirements workshop planning, and PMO recommendations. Provided and managed seven SAP technical and functional consultants who provided staff augmentation to the customer's project team. Maintained financial tracking and budgeting information on the project; as well as, reviewed and submitted invoices. Communicated status and goals to the SAP PMO, Customer Executive Sponsor and various project member representatives on a regular basis.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Enterprise CoE Director, HRIS Lead (Held a TS/SCI with CI Polygraph for the NRO) 2001 - 2006
- Administered a $7M service center contract to support the SAP application and supporting IT operations for a Federal Government customer. Responsible for all activities to maintain and support a complete data center composed of 120+ servers, including backup, disaster recovery and failover operations. Managed a group of 40 Direct and Indirect employees, providing project planning, budget planning, resource planning, requirements gathering and deployment services for Finance, Procurement, Warehouse Management, Plant Maintenance, Business Intelligence, Portals and HR application functionality. Ensured compliance with Information Security policies. Developed and managed the 5-year Strategic Roadmap to manage business and service center requirements/tasks. Managed multiple vendors. Oversaw the customer Help Desk, End-User Training, Technical Change Management, and desktop support. Performed project management activities including project scheduling, resource allocation, ongoing risk management, project tracking, cross-functional issue resolution and regular project status reporting. Responsible for all vendor relations and negotiations.
- Led troubleshooting of production problems within Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Recruitment and Training & Event Management. Acted as the liaison between the client--Boeing and the government IT chiefs. Completed special tasking as assigned by the Government HR Project Manager and provided guidance to government team members. Performed configuration changes, created test cases and performed all phases of testing, scheduled batch jobs and reports; as well as, provided training and educational services to the customer. Provided hands-on configuration of PA to include Infotype configuration, Development/Maintenance of Personnel Actions, PA20/PA30/PA40 menus and tabs based on user groups, development of dynamic actions, development of custom fields, tables and infotypes, defined formats for headers, names, etc. Configured master data information to include the employee groups, employee subgroups, personnel areas, and personnel subareas. In addition, his configuration of PD and OM included, setting up organizational structure, maintaining standard and custom objects, relationships and relevant PD infotypes, assigning Work Centers, Jobs, Tasks, Requirements, etc. to objects as requirements dictated. Developed qualifications catalog, task catalog, and work center catalog. Created Business Event Groups, Business Event Types and Business Events for Training and Events (TEM). Maintained the aspect views for user groups and PP01 menu. Configured infosets for Ad Hoc/SAP Query and developed many types of query reports. Release versions included 4.0B, 4.6C and 4.7
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
HRIT Project Manager 2000 - 2001
- Brought into revive a failing UltiPro HRIS project. The effort replaced the various HR and payroll systems introduced into the organization through numerous corporate mergers and acquisitions. The scope of the project was to streamline all HR and payroll processes and systems into one, and integrate it with the financial system. Managed a project team of 18 Business Analysts, System Analysts, DB Administrator, Managers, and Team leads through a successful mid-year conversion and cutover. Responsible for project planning, conversion & implementation methodology, budget and communicating project's status. Managed personnel issues, resource plans, acted as liaison between process owners and implementation team, monitored project budget, oversaw testing, training and roll-out to the end-users. Provided post-implementation support and ensured a smooth transition to the functional groups. Successfully cut paychecks on the planned go-live date, within budget, and in-scope.
SAP HRIS Consultant 1998 - 2000
Confidential, McLean, VA
Benefits and HRIS Manager1996 - 1998
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Benefits & Compensation Analyst1994 - 1996
Confidential, Dulles, VA
Personnel/Benefits Analyst & Accounting Analyst 1991 - 1994
Education & Qualifications
- M.B.A., Business Management
- B.S., Aeronautical Studies and Business Mgmt, Embry-Riddle Aero.
- PMP Certified Project Management Professional
- SAP Certified Consultant, SAP Partner Academy
- ASAP SDLC Methodology
- SAP ECC - 14 years
- SAP Employee and Manager Self-Service - 10 years
- Sharepoint - 3 years
- Solution Manager/ChaRM - 3 years
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project) -- 16 years
- Enterprise Project Manager/MS Project - 10 years
- PeopleSoft - 2 years
- Ceridian/ADP - 3 years
- UltiPro HR & Payroll - 1 year
- HP Quality Center - 3 years
- U.S. Citizen (Born in Omaha, NE)