- Certified SAP FI/CO Consultant with 7 years of working experience withConfiguration, Customization, Integration, Unit Testing and End User Training.
- Extensive Knowledge in SAP Financial Accounting (FI), Controlling (CO) with 2 Project Life Cycle Implementations, Rollouts, Change Management, and Support.
- Good working knowledge in configuringGeneral ledger(FI-GL), Asset Accounting(FI-FA), Accounts Receivables(FI-AR), Accounts Payables(FI-AP), Cash Management (FI-CM), Cost Center Accounting(CO-CCA), Profit Center Accounting(CO-PCA) and Internal Orders(CO-IO).
- Strong in integration aspects of SAP FI/CO with Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management Invoice verification process (MM), Production Planning(PP) and Human Resource Management (HR).
- Sound knowledge of configuring taxes for tax procedures TAXUSJand TAXUSX (vertex).
- Good working experience with SAP Best practices, SAP notes review and implementation.
- Have good knowledge on ABAP Programming with SAP FI, MM, PP and SD Modules.
- Financial systems implementation experience in Logistics, Manufacturing and Utilities industry domains.
- Created many Validations and Substitutionrules as per the needs of the client.
- Proven experience in providing system support and direct contact with users to solve issues with business.
- Performed Unit Testing and worked closely with Quality Team in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in using HP Quality Center (QC) for creating Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test execution.
- Implemented POC on SAP TAO and on QTP.
- Experience in creating and executing SQL queries in TOAD for Database validations.
- Deployed in High Level documentation and Functional specifications document for developer.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to make balanced, independent decisions.
- Highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills, highly adaptable, quick learner with excellent ability to coordinate in a team environment.
Configuration SkillsFinancials & Costing:
- FI-General Ledger, New GL, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking, Asset Accounting.
- CO - Cost Center accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Orders.
- FI-MM Integration - Inventory postings, LIV processing and Purchase taxes.
- FI- SD Integration: Account determination for revenue postings, Revenue Recognition, Sales taxes.
- LSMW, Lockbox, Substitutions & Validations.
- MS Visio, MS Project Plan, HP Quality center, Clear Case, Clear Quest.
- SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5.0 & ECC 6.0
- SAP Certified FI/CO Solution Consultant.
Education & Trainings
- Masters in Business Application (MBA).
- Bachelors of Commerce (B.com).
- PG. Diploma in Computer Science.
- Trained on HP QTP & SAP TAO.
Client: Confidential USA.
Duration: October 08 to till date.
Role: SAP FICO Analyst.
- Worked on South Africa Roll Out project for FI/CO and purchasing modules
- Activated the New G/L and assigning to company code and defining according to US GAAP.
- Defined financial statements version for internal and external user groups.
- Configured the company code global settings.
- Create number ranges for both FI and CO documents.
- Defined tolerance groups for GL AP and AR.
- Defined and customized customer master data - Cash management group, Interest calculation, Terms of payment, Credit memo payment terms, Alternative payer, Dunning procedure, Payment notices and Correspondence.
- Configured the Bank accounts, Cash management and functional specifications for Lockbox (report program: RFEBLBR1) layout.
- Defined and customized vendor master data - Cash management group, Interest calculations, Payment terms, Credit memo terms and set up payment banks.
- Configured the payment methods as checks and ACH method by documenting the functional specification for their layouts.
- Configured Automatic Payment Programs (APP).
- Created check lots and void reason codes.
- Configured the foreign currency valuation by defining valuation method and assigning G/L accounts for foreign currency valuation.
- Configured the automatic posting for Inter-company code posting.
- Configured Tax procedure, tax codes, tax J/codes, account determination for tax posting, Non-taxable transaction posting and tax reporting.
Environment: SAP R/3 ECC, Solution Manager, Mercury Quality Control, Remedy.
Duration: August 07 to November 08
Role: SAP FICO Consultant
- Full Life CycleImplementation ofthe fixed assets,AccountsPayableand Accounts Receivablemodules.
- Responsible for gathering the Requirements, preparing the Business process procedures,Configurationand creating test scripts.
- Fixed Assets: Configuredchart of depreciation by country,depreciation areas, Assetclasses, assigning company codes to dep. Areas, creation of screen layouts and no. ranges,Asset document types,posting keys,Asset fiscalyear,creationof dep. Keys like ordinary depreciation. Creation of G/L accounts and determinedautomatic accountassignment,posting depreciationand interests to G/L account.
- Configuration of transactions likeacquisitions, retirements, transfers, intra-company transfers, write-offs, Subsequent revenue, Subsequent Costand capitalization of assets under constructions.
- Integrated FA, MM to capitalize assets through Purchase orders and definedaccount assignment category for asset purchase orders.
- Automated theinter companyAsset Transferprocesswithcrosssystemdepreciation areas.
- Maintained theParallel currenciesin Assets.
- Helped in creating Client specific Custom fields through Coding Block.
- Accounts Payable: Configuredvendor groups, vendor master data,down payments, open item clearing, invoice verification through MIRO, recurring entries,Accrual Postings,invoices andcredit memos
- Configured Internal order master data, defined Order types and created number ranges for different order types, Maintained default account assignment forcost center and internal orders.
- Configured House Banks,AutomaticPayment Programs, Automatic Payment Methods and alternate bankselections for payments.CheckManagementthrough assigning number ranges for check lots, checks printing and defining void reasoncodescheck encashment process,Paymentprogram variants for printing checks in multiplecurrencies.
- Create training materials for local business anddesigned test scenariosfor processesand provided global support in Integration tests.
- AccountsReceivable:involvedinCustomization and Configuration of Customer master Records and Customer groups.Terms of Payment, Interest calculation, Billing and Incoming Payments, Cash discounts and Credit management, Tolerance groups, Over/Under paymentsand determined the automatic account assignment
- Participated in configuring electronic bank statement (transaction types, posting key rules).
Environment: SAP R/3 ECC, SAP Solution Manager, MS Vision, ClearCase, ClearQuest.
Duration:June 06 to July 07
Role: SAP FI Consultant
Phase-1: Project Preparation Stage:
- Assessed the Business Needs of the Organization present and future keeping in view the company modus operandi and its distribution network and audit and legal requirements of the different areas. After understanding the functional of the company, the same has shared with technical and functional experts to understand the requirements and to fill the gaps if any.
Phase-2: Business Blueprint
- Defining the configuration process and its changes according to the requirements of different areas and documenting the various requirements, rules, procedures, and objects keeping in view the technical and functional boundaries and impacts, flexibility for future.
- Company code and Chart of accounts
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivables
- Accounts payables
- Cash Management
- Bills of Exchange
- Asset Accounting
- Withholding Tax
- Profitability Analysis.
- Cost Center Accounting
- Profit Center Accounting
Tested the developed system with real time functions and made necessary adjustments to the gaps between the existing system and developed system
Phase-5: Go live and support:
- Conducted training sessions for end users and successfully demonstrated in helping SAP FI-AR, FI-AP, end-users on various areas like payment terms, Customer Contracts, process payment runs, manually processing incoming payments, running/editing Dunning proposals, reconciliation accounts in the GL
Over one year as Support consultant for this project from October 2002 to Nov 2003.
- My role as FICO consultant involves supporting super users, end users, business program managers with respect to SAP -FICO functionality.
- Solve the users problems and guide them by providing/preparing manuals as necessary
- Solve the day-to-day issues relating to SAP FICO function
- Ensure the month end and year-end process to run smoothly
- Co-ordination with Finance managers, controller and other SAP tech team to solve the issues.
- Advising business programmer and managers about new functionalities with respect to SAP
Environment: SAP R/3 ECC, Mercury Quality Center, Microsoft Project.
Duration: June 05 to May 06
Role: Associate FI Consultant.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of FI/CO module
- Designed functional specification documents
- Prepared merger related roadmap (procedural) document for asset accounting
- Documented business impact and change management requirements through the communication and support of the configuration team leads and business process owners
- Performed unit and integration testing
- Specifying testing requirements, planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects withMercuryQualityCenter
- Prepared test scenarios, integration test documents and training documents.
- Resolved issues/problems arising out of the end user testing
Environment: SAP R/3 ECC, Mercury Quality Center.
Duration: July 04 to April 05
Role: Jr. Accountant.
- Finalizing the Balance Sheets and Profit and Loss Accounts according to Schedule VI of Companies Act, 1956.
- Preparing Managerial reports on a quarterly basis.
- Accounting/ Financial reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining all aspects of the general ledger system.