SAP FI/CO Professional with solid accomplishments and extensive Accounting/Finance experience.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- CPA candidate with over 7 years of SAP FI/CO experience and over 3 years in general Accounting/Finance. Effectively able to communicate complicated concepts in an understandable manner, matching the message to the audience.
- FI expertise includes General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR), Asset Accounting
- CO expertise includes - Cost Center accounting (CCA), Profit Center accounting (PCA), Internal Orders (IO), Product Costing (CO-PC), Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) and Material Ledger.
- Knowledge of Business Processes in various industries
- Customization and Maintenance experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger Accounting, Bank Account
- Experience of working on 2 implementations of SAP R/3 FI/CO. Expertise configurations, testing and integration.
- Proven leader in AR/AP, reconciliations, compliance, and amortization. Creative thinker with excellent people skills.
- Able to propose budgets, analyze general ledger, create financial statements, communicate with the CEO or the board of directors.
- Superior analytical, organizational, and administrative skills with a talent for preparing and assessing mortgage, insurance and real estate plans, and reports to present information to teams.
- Maximize resources to achieve customer satisfaction and increased productivity, meet deadlines and goals. Implement and coordinate both strategic and tactical plans to enhance performance.
- Adept and experienced in problem solving and providing solutions. Excellent qualifications in leadership and interpersonal communications.
- Persuasive, with ability to communicate effectively with culturally diverse audience. Public speaking and executive management briefing experience.
- Good team player, Strong team orientation & leadership qualities, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Multilingual: English, Hindi, Urdu and Pashto. Accustomed to interaction with senior management; reputation for discretion and integrity, often handle confidential and sensitive documentation.
- General Ledger: Account groups, GL master records, sample accounts, field status groups, posting keys, automatic account determination, intercompany automatic account posting, sales/use tax assignment, account display, number ranges, document types, tolerance groups.
- Accounts Payable: Vendor groups, vendor master data, house banks, bank accounts, check lots, reason codes, automatic payments, recurring entries, invoices, credit memos, closing procedures, AP information system, integration with MM, Logistics Invoice Verification. Prepared and posted weekly and monthly journal entries for Accrual of WIP and cost associated with jobs. Thorough understanding of Accrual accounting concepts/methods and sound financial analysis proficiency.
- Accounts Receivable: Customer groups, customer master data, billing, payment terms and interest calculation, incoming payments, dunning, AR information system, account systems, credit management, closing operations, sales order, and integration with SD
- Asset Accounting: Depreciation Areas, The chart of depreciation, fixed assets, setting up of Master Data, Asset transactions, Periodic processing in FI-SL, Information System. FI Enterprise Structure: Chart of accounts, fiscal year, posting period, company code, business areas, functional areas, and sales and use tax
- FSCM/Treasury: In-house Cash, Cash Management (liquidity forecast, cash position, electronic bank statement, lockbox, payments), Cash Budget Management, Credit Management, Treasury and Risk Management.
- Project Systems: Worked in the area of Project Structuring, Project Coding. WBS elements, Milestones, Result Analysis for Projects and Project Reporting.
- Costing: Product costing (CO-PC), integration with PP, Costing Variants, valuation variant, milestone-billing, Overhead Costing Sheet
- Profitability Analysis (COPA): Configuring and Customizing the operating concern, characteristics, value fields, maintaining the derivation rules and valuation, creating Drilldown Reports and Planning.
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant August 2007 – November 2011 Confidential Jackson, MI
- In the Business blueprinting phase, gathered and documented business requirements by conducting meetings with key users and drafted business blueprint documentation. Performed GAP Analysis, documented and prototyped between current business practices and standard SAP functionality. Lead the realization, testing phase. Supported client after Go-Live
- Analyzed business requirements, determined organizational structure and classified business units/locations as company codes, business areas, cost centers and profit centers
- Reviewed existing reports and determined changes to be made in light of changes to organizational hierarchy
- Configured AP/AR, document postings, GL recurring entries, accrual deferral documents, month-end closings.
- Configured payment terms for Dunning, Over-Due Interest calculations for Down Payments and Automatic Clearing of line items and for posting net payment amounts for Cash Discounts after calculation of Cash Discounts, Under / Over Payments, write-offs and Reason Codes
- Customized bank related accounting, bank master data, house banks and G/L accounts in different currencies for each bank account and Electronic Bank Statement(EBS)
- Configured Lockbox Application conforming to BAI2 format and customized Cash Management including Bank statements, Payment Programming, Payment Advises, Liquidity Forecasts, Bills of Exchanges
- Configured and Customized Cash Budget Management (cash flow) including commitment management
- Configured Allocation Cycles (Assessments & Distributions), IO Settlements using Solution Manager
- Extensively worked on PCA restructuring & enhancements to enable management reporting - Worked with the business users to collect requirements to maintain Profit centers, profit center Hierarchies, reconciliation with GL accounts and created custom reports for producing financial statements profit center wise through Report painter and month end closing operations
SAP FI/CO Consultant October 2005 – May 2007 Confidential Norwalk, CT
- Utilized ASAP methodology for project scope, business process documentation, testing, and training materials.
- Configuration of FI module starting with Company code, Fiscal year variant, Chart of accounts, posting period variant, field status variant and field status groups.
- Defining chart of accounts, account group and general ledger accounts for each company code. Creating Bank Master data, House banks, GL accounts for each bank account and creating bank reconciliation accounts for vendors and customers.
- Customizing screen layouts for document posting at account levels, Document clearing and posting in foreign currencies, exchange rate differences for the foreign transactions
- Ensured monthly General Ledger and Accrual reconciliations were performed on time and recommend accrual adjustments based on forecasting non-capital expenditures and budget with actuals for the functional group.
- Analyzed expense trends and Accrual levels.
- Analyzed, configured new Credit Management Areas, Credit representative groups, Lockbox system for new business requirements
- Defined Settlement Structure and Settlement Profiles for settlement of the costs collected in the Internal Orders
- Defined Procurement Indicators, material, profiles for BOM, reference points for BOM transfer, availability check, check requirement types, requirement classes, planning strategies, strategy groups, MRP groups, item category, item category group, etc.
- Defined new order types for internal orders and their budgeting profile
- Created settlement profile to settle them finally to cost centers
SAP FI/CO Consultant April 2004 – July 2005 Confidential Oshkosh, WI
- Role Involves production support in General ledger, Asset accounting and implementation/roll over of new entities taken over by Kimberly-Clark.
- Carried forward GL/AP/AR balances to the new fiscal year.
- Written substitutions and Validations for the business requirements.
- Handled foreign exchange translations and revaluations.
- Involved in testing (unit and integration) for the complete general ledger accounting test cases for the support stacks.
- Involved with the users to identify the root cause for all the day-to-day issues and recommended permanent solutions for trouble free environment.
- Assisted the complete user community in solving day-to-day production issues related to general ledger accounting and Fixed Assets.
- Involved in identifying the key/responsible business users and allocated the year end activities to closely monitor and ensure that they have been completed well within the scheduled time.
Staff Accountant November 2003- January 2004 Confidential, Bronx, NY
- Recorded, amortized and reconciled real estate taxes, utilities and insurance; constructed schedule of payments in concurrence with the GAAP rules.
- Researched property deeds and mortgage documents, formulated journal entries, aided with internal audit control. AR/AP, 401K, reconciliation, proposed budgets and variance analysis for 60 entities over $12,000,00.
- Proposed budgets for 60 entities, worked on their accounts receivable.
- At one point, when analyzing the General Ledger found that accounts receivables of an entity would top over 50% of the revenue, either because the books were not updated, or the account receivables system was not sufficient to collect the accounts. Enhanced that system and created spread sheets that reduced the reconciliation of accounts by 50%
Accounting administrator September 2001 - August 2003 Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Spearheaded financial operations which included budgeting, payroll, full cycle of AR/AP, tax filing, purchasing, CoGS, inventory control and staffing functions.
- Facilitated timely resolution of tax discrepancy that saved the organization over $150,000 in taxes, fines and fees and proficiently analyzed inventory costs via utilizing LIFO and FIFO methodologies in accord with the GAAP rules.
INTERN ASSOCIATE June 2001 - August 2001 Confidential ,New York, NY A leading consumer banking firm.
- Accountable for generating new client accounts, researching client information and handling customer queries.
- Successfully expedited client application process time by 100% and performed general administrative duties.
Financial Advisor/District Leader October 2000 - October 2001 Confidential Bronx, NY One of the nation’s leading financial firms.
- Served as a financial advisor, contacted clients, analyzed information and prepared financial need analysis for clients.
- Recorded insurance sales of $24,000 Annual term-life Premium and efficiently prospected new leads and successfully closed 50%.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MARKETING
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
- Financial Analyst Certificate - in progress
- Completed, Becker CPA review - Certified Public Accountant Candidate
- Completed FINRA Series 7 Exam
- Completed SAP FICO certifications
- MS Office Suite, MS Tabs, Concur, HTML, FrontPage, QuickBooks PRO 2009 & MDS Property Management Software, MS Windows.