Accomplished IT professional with over 10 years of technical / functional SAP HCM ABAP experience with Electronic
Data Systems (EDS), a large global services company and recent experience with PepsiCo. Extensive experience in
application software development and support in client server and legacy environments. A diverse background in various
technologies, customer interactions and full project life cycle from requirements gathering, design of functional and technical
specifications, development, testing, implementation and production support.
A strong team player with excellent analytical, problem-solving, business process, proven communication and multi-tasking skills. A quick learner, detail and procedure oriented, results driven, dedicated performer with outstanding reputation for producing quality work on time and establishing rapport and credibility with diverse groups across multiple projects supporting global systems.
Skill Set and Training
SAP HCM: HCM Master Data Configuration, BDC, Features, Personnel Actions, Dynamic Actions, Wage Types,
Function modules, ABAP programming, ABAP Query, ALV reporting, Creating/Maintaining Data
Dictionary Objects, ESS, Authorization, User Exits, Transaction Shuttle, Solution manager, BO Reporting.
Languages: SAP ABAP, SQL, FOCUS, JCL, COBOL II, EASYTRIEVE, BASIC
Platforms: R/3 versions 4.0, 4.6C, ECC 5.0, 6.0, Unix, IBM Mainframe, HP3000
Testing Tools: Mercury Tools: Test Director, Quality Center
Databases: DB2, MS Access
General: SDLC Methodology, Technical Consulting, WS-FTP, SeeBeyond, PTS, CaliberRM, StarTeam,
MS Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Org Publisher
Industries: Human Resources, Financial, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Consulting
Certification: SAP Certified Solution Consultant (mySAP Human Resources – Management/Administration)
Training: C, UNIX, Overview and features of JAVA, SAP/ R3 : FI/CO, A/P, A/R, G/L accounting, ALE, BAPI,
BADI, PL/I, FORTRAN, Schedule Management, Communication Management, Data Warehouse
March 2012 – Present Confidential,Plano, TX
SAP HRIS Analyst SAP HR
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of the HRIS system that impact employee’s PA, OM, Payroll and Benefits related information, a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analysis for ongoing customer needs as well as management needs and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
October 2009 – April 2011 Confidential,Plano, TX
SAP Contractor / Data Analyst HR Data Management Organization
- Part of the Release 9 - a large project delivering the SAP HCM (global HR and US payroll) implementation within the overall One Up Program - cross-divisional global transformation program, leveraging SAP. Responsible to provide support to Release 9 program data leadership, work closely with the process, technology, other transformation/business support teams and data quality teams to assist in the Data Governance, Maintenance, Cleansing and Validation deliverables and BCP (Business Cutover Procedure), utilize applications and tools that allow enterprise data transparency within and across systems.
- Partner with process teams to develop FD (functional designs) and FMD (field mapping documents).
- Manage key tasks in the project methodology as it relates to data management and governance.
- Interact and develop effective partnerships with other team members, business customers and other layers within the business to recommend, design, test, and implement data related system and process improvements.
- Participate in Data Design Review process as required with process and legacy process team members.
- Identify data content and opportunities in support of the data cleansing, Pre-Cleansing, Extract, Transform cleanse/Enrich, Data Quality, Data Load, Data Verification and conversion/interfaces requirements.
- Provide data collection and legacy data exception reports to cleanse data prior to conversion into SAP
- Participate in SAP HCM Configuration Rationale documentation reviews and capture metadata as appropriate
- Identify post go-live business data owners, data providers, data stewards and data governance roles for master data elements
- Analyze project documents to capture “where used” metadata for master data elements
- Facilitate capture of business and technical metadata for master data elements and maintain in Metadata Repository
- Perform BW Stability testing using Business Objects infoview to test the report functionality to schedule or run them live for various reports like Employee Leave report, Pay Grade Summary Report, HCM Wage Type report, Employee Details by Action Reason report etc.
January 2001 – December 2008 Confidential,Plano, TX
SAP HCM Information Analyst, US HR Interface/Payroll System
- Participated in the full project life cycle starting from requirement analysis/designing functional and technical specs/developing/implementing to post-implementation support for HR/Payroll interfaces that supported the US SAP integrated HR/Payroll system.
- Developed interactive report programs, inbound and outbound interface programs, conversions and technical solutions for the EDS business accounts in the US and Globally using ABAP in the SAP HCM module as subject matter expert.
- Gathered and translated business requirements into a Requirement Design, Business Design and Technical Design.
- Led data mapping migration efforts between legacy systems and SAP for multiple subject areas.
- Developed BDC Conversion programs for uploading master Infotypes for PA, Time Management (TM), OM, etc.
- Participated in the Legacy System Migration to SAP R/3 for SAP HR/Payroll system.
- Prepared and executed application and functional testing scenarios and program specifications pertaining to SAP HR area using configuration tasks and technical ABAP Skills.
- Provided post-implementation and on-going global technical support of SAP HR system supporting 120,000+ users.
- Participated in the design and implementation of mass master data conversion processes to implement SAP and Initial configurations in PA, PD, OM and Benefits for the data load for the Unit Testing.
- Documented Requirement Designs, Functional Specifications, Technical Specification, Individual Module Unit Test and System Integration Test plans for all new custom development, enhancement as well we upgrade projects.
- Conducted Unit testing in Dev Box, System Integration Testing in Test Box and pre production systems and assisted heavily with the User Acceptance Testing in pre production system for Various standard Info types, customized Transactions, interfaces, Reports, Programs and includes, which affect the functioning of the current SAP HR system.
- Managed testing, and coordination efforts with the QA team on SAP global support packages installation.
- Tested and Documented test results for existing interfaces for multiple SAP upgrade projects to perform program changes, unit testing and system integration testing and provided extensive help with the User Acceptance testing.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert to the customer at onsite for resolving issues within stiff deadline.
Several technical solutions/ABAP programs developed to address EDS US and Global business accounts requirements:
- Developed a new ABAP program for the Security team to reduce inconsistency and maintain the R/3 Security profile in the User Master Profile system for US employees synchronized with the master data in SAP Enterprise system. Created Users, Authorizations, Profile modifications etc. for testing of the new program.
- Designed and developed customization of the SAP provided ABAP programs for All Employee Relations reports such as Affirmative Action Plan reports, Census reports, EEO, EO Surveys programs for government reporting.
- Developed interface programs to interface US employees’ personnel and organization related information to the tool for the bonus and salary.
- Enhanced the payroll reconciliation interface file program to add the new benefit wage types for year 2008. While testing found and successfully resolved the bug in the program that was excluding significant amount of records from being reported on the interface file.
Environment / Tools- SAP – R/3 platform, ABAP programming, HCM Master Data, Wage types, Function modules, Features, BDC, User exits, ABAP query, ALV report, Transaction Shuttle, UNIX, WS-FTP and SeeBeyond.
January 2000 – December 2000 Confidential,Plano, TX
Information Analyst, SAP US Time Recording
- Performed the enhancement and production support of US Time Recording CAS Interface system utilizing Information Builder\'s (IBI) EDA, Copy Client and Data Migrator tools as middleware.
- Supported the implementation of system upgrades affecting the US Time Recording interface environment
and provided post-implementation technical production support.
- Led the upgrade project for EDA to version 4.2 and Data Migrator to version 2.7.
- Mentored, trained and assisted team members with the EDA and Data Migrator tools.
- Served as an EDA administrator tracking Data Migrator license and coordinating DM security database.
Environment / Tools - EDA, Data Migrator, Copy Manager, SAP, API Query, SQL, WS-FTP, JCL
April 1998 – December 1999 Confidential,Plano, TX
Information Analyst, Payment and Asset Management
- Completed the full life cycle of the Y2K compliance project in Mainframe environment forfinancial application system of EDS – Fixed Assets System using COBOL,JCL, Endevor, VSAM, CA-7.
Education B.A. : Computer Science