Career Objective: To utilize my functional skills in accounting and finance, and my technical skills in ERP systems, to enable dynamic corporations to successfully leverage the benefits of integration and use Information Systems as a tool for strategic planning and growth.
- 7 years of experience in SAP, equipped with analyzing, optimizing finance and accounting functions / processes skills in projects.
- Experienced in 3 full life-cycle implementation of FICO module including feasibility analysis, configuration, testing, integration of FICO with other modules, end user training, post implementation production support, Upgrading and maintenance
- 2 Upgrades and 1 Production support project with various clients for various industries Manufacturing,
- Strong FI expertise in General Ledger FI-GL, Accounts Payable FI-AP and Accounts Receivable FI-AR and Asset Management, ASAP Methodology, Cost Center Accounting, Cost Element Accounting.
- Extensively involved in assistance with Use Acceptance testing, user training and documentation
- Extensive experience in ASAP Methodology, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Fixed Assets, treasury, Special Purpose Ledgers that include TWO Implementations.
- Worked as a SAP Business Analyst for Finance Department, provided expertise to the business functional departments and IT
- Assisted with presentations methodology to Business Users.
- Developed user-training material on all Application Components of F/ICO module and trained Business users.
- Thorough understanding of accrual accounting concepts/method.
- Responsible for holding meetings within the team or with the business users to gather user's requirements.
- Responsible for meeting with work deadlines and project deliverables.
- Researches and implements new documentation and testing methods and tools in order to maximize operations efficiency.
- Fixed Assets (FA), with knowledge of Project Systems
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and effectively handle multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge and experience with business processes, e.g. account reconciliation, journal entries, accrual processing, inventory accounting, inter-company processing, month end close operations, and credit management.
Software Skills: SAP R/3 in FI/CO, SD, MM, FI, FI-AP and FI-AR, GL
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) l SAP l FI l COl Windows (all)
Client: Walmart. (Bentonville, AR) June 2011-till date
Role: SAP FICO Specialist
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Help provide solution in the AR Customer credit card payment system
- Assist in the integration point of SD/FI/MM
- Develop and submits business process documentation for approval
- Testing of bank checks(SAP AP), Positive Pay file and Cleared checks file
- Provide solution to duplicate AR Customer master data
- Test, modify and document system configuration
- Resolve technical and business process issues
- Provide post-implementation support of all changes to the SAP FI system
- Design and configure the system to support the organization's TO-BE process vision, together with the technical team and Business Process Owners
- End user training
- In charge of the payroll accounting department for Local & international business units. Dealing with multiple currency transactions.
- Implemented GL, AR, AP, Dunning, Fixed Assets, Treasury, ECCS, Credit Management, Vertex, COPA, Internal Order and Product Costing.
- Implemented AR Takeover from legacy system.
- Provided solution in Bank reconciliations for credit card orders.
Confidential, MD April 2010-May 2011
SAP FI/CO Functional Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Involved in the full life-cycle implementation beginning from Business process review, design, configuration, testing, documentation and end-user training in the areas of New General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts payable (AP).
- Conducted meetings with the users to understand the AS IS business processes and documented business process flow charts using Microsoft Visio. Identified the requirements and modeled TO-BE process.
- Troubleshot numerous SAP Workflows for problem solving, streamlining and cost efficiency. Setup the SAP Workflow Standards and Procedures and the corporate Workflow Administrator Roles, and the training of numerous Clients in SAP Workflow Development.
- Configured New General Ledger functionality for Multiple Parallel Reporting, used work-list functionality to maintain exchange rate for different users, developed Interactive Reports, integrated Leading Ledger with all subsidiary ledgers, posted GL document for the Ledger Group. Modified Financial Statement Version to more accurately reflect business and allow accurate analysis of company.
- Foreign currency balance sheet accounts, GL accounts which run in foreign currency.(The balances of the GL accounts that are not managed in an open item basis are valuated in foreign currency)
- Configured Accounts Payable module including creation of Vendor Master Records, account groups, tolerance groups, account determination, price variance, and default account assignments. Maintained the terms of payment for vendors, defined terms of payment for installment payments, defined cash discount base for incoming invoices. Further defined accounts for cash discount taken, accounts for payment differences for manual outgoing payments, and reconciliation accounts for down payment given to vendors; defined payment block reasons and default values for payment block. Conducted integration test from PO requisition to AP payment, inter-company transaction test, and workflow test.
- For Accounts Receivables (AR), configured Customer Master Data and master groups, grouped customers to defined Credit Control Area and Dunning Areas. Maintained Bank Customer Accounts, Configured tolerance limits for customers and managed AR reconciliation account for sub-legers for customers, Lockbox Configuration, Configured down payment settlement and customized payment terms for customers with multiple payment types like Automatic payments, ACH etc.
- Tested various scenarios in GL, AR, AP AM. Also trained the QA team in understanding business requirements, reviewed test scripts and coordinated testing. Also, trained the Super Users and assisted in End-User training.
- VAT (TAX)-Followed up new Rebate procedures and resolved past outstanding issues and successfully obtained VAT (TAX) refund timely
- Extensively worked on various ABAP developments including various RICEFW objects (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, forms and Workflow)
- Assist in ongoing communication to SAP and BW end-users on business process and systems changes, and issues resolutions
- Modified Existing reports using report painter and writer.
- Created reports using Exceptions, Conditions and RRI (Report to Report Interface).
- Worked with the BW team in validating the data in the reports and R/3.
Client: Confidential, Andover, MA June 2008 to March 2010
Role: FICO Consultant
Environment: Upgrade from 4.7E to ECC6.0
Description: The company is into research, development, manufacturing and marketing of advanced medical devices. The Client has gone live with ECC 6.0, presently working on production issues.
- Worked on testing strategy for Unit and integration testing.
- Created test scripts basing on the business requirements for General ledger, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Asset accounting, Cost center accounting, Profit center accounting and internal orders by closely interacting with the Business Analyst and user
- Carried out testing in Development and test client all the scenarios as part of Unit and integration testing
- Testing custom programs and custom reports such as Journal voucher upload using excel file, SCAT program for budget upload. Worked with custom upload programs
- Worked with AP- Purchase to Pay (MM procurement )and AR- Order to cash (OTC) ( SD integration) scenarios and resolved many issues related to these processes
- Worked on Accounts payable Automatic payment program - payment proposal layout change
- Documented Delta functionalities between 4.7 E version and ECC 6.0 Version
- Working with Asset accounting for depreciation posting program changes with new version and preparing a strategy to conduct user training on the differences between the old program and new program.
- Involved in new program change for SD and FI revenue recognition process. Prepared user training manuals for this process
- Created GOLIVE cutover task list for Finance module
- Successfully tested interfaces such as Accounts Payable - payment cards interfaced with Bank of America and Vertex taxinterface to comply with the Unicode upgrade to ECC 6.0 for US company code
- Created functional specification document for a custom program for auditor reporting and closely worked with an ABAPer to develop the technical specification document and successfully developed the program
- Created functional specification document for a custom program with credit management and worked extensively with credit control and credit management
- Successfully performed Go live with ECC 6.0, currently working on Production support.
Client: Confidential, Chicago, IL August 2007 to April 2008
Role: FICO Consultant
Environment: Upgrade from 4.6 B to ECC 6.0
- As part of technical upgrade from 4.6 B version to ECC6.0 prepared test scripts for integration and UAT testing.
- Successfully tested all the remediated Z programs in the quality client
- Documented existing processes and participated in design of reengineered processes with user groups.
- Customized, configured and tested settings related to AP vendor master records and Logistics Invoice Verification Process
- Set up new House bank and bank account for Charlotte company code
- Configured AP - Automatic Payment program - FBZP to incorporate EDI payment method, made appropriate settings for APP for charlotte company code
- Planned and developed a strategy for UAT testing and tested GL, AR- Credit management, AP, AA, CCA, PCA, COPA, PS and IM scenarios with Business owners
- Conducted GO LIVE mock runs and carried out pre and post upgrade activities as part of mock runs.
- Made settings for LSMW to upload planning data for cost centers, profit centers and statistical key figure planning using BDC. Documented and conducted user training on LSMW for planning data uploads
- Worked with SM37 and SM35 for jobs and monitored the jobs
- Involved in KT to the user group for the enhanced functionalities. Worked closely with MM consultant for the enhanced functionality of AP-LIV MIRO transaction. Established partner functions for the head office and branch office vendor accounts. Worked with Purchase to pay process in integration testing with MM module - from initial creation of purchase requisition to payment of the invoice using Automatic payment program.
- Closely worked with ABAP team member for many issues concerned to ZPROGRAMS and ZREPORTS, debugged ABAP report programs to resolve an issue with Report Writer report and Report Painter
- Conducted user training for enhanced reporting functionalities - ALV reporting with the new ECC release
- Closely worked and interacted with MM and SD consultants, worked with AP - LIV and Order to Cash (OTC) Successfully resolved many issues related to upgrade.
Client: Confidential, Santaclara, CA Feb 2006- July 2007
Role: SAP FI/CO Configuration Consultant
- Configured Company Codes, Chart of Accounts and Business Areas
- Worked on Configuration and Validation rules for the Company Code
- Worked with the basis team to transport changes across environments
- Configured the posting key, Tolerance groups, Number ranges and Document types
- Extensive experience with creation of master data relating Accounts Payable including vendor masters.
- Assigned tax codes, Configured fiscal year variants and tolerance groups and assigned tax codes
- Configuration of Field status and also settings related to Document and Posting Control
- Development and enhancement of Automatic payments program
- Integration FI with Materials Management and Sales and Distribution modules
- Configuration of Dunning program
- Extensive experience with creation of master data relating Accounts Receivable including customer masters.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Special General ledger accounts including Guarantees and bill of exchange.
- Implementation of settings related to Interest Calculation
- SAP configuration: CFM-IHC Cash Mgmt (F111 TR payments, cash concentration, cash position, liquidity forecast, electronic bank statement, check deposit); FI (F110 AP payments), Treasury Management
- Defining Terms of payment for different customers
- Setting up cash journal and validating related transactions
- Tackling issues related to payment differences
- Master data creation for cost elements, cost centers, Internal orders and profit centers
- Developing training documentation relating various cost objects creation and CO-postings
- Developing BPP relating to clearing, dunning, automatic payments, check management etc
Client: Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN Jan 2005-Feb 2006
Role: FI/CO Consultant
- Implemented the lock box processing including file formats, configuration, lockbox processing
- Implemented Bank statement processing and Exchange rates.
- Implemented overall AR and Employee tolerances
- Implemented Credit Management.
- Configured Dunning Program and implemented enhancements to customer master and vendor master
- Implemented Credit Management & Interest calculation
- Implemented the settings for interest calculations of delayed payments
- Configured the parameters for payment program and implemented clearing of open items
- Implemented payment check processing and management.
- Worked on month-end and year-end closing processes
- Formulated and implemented cross training schedules to ensure full function coverage, and all management requirements are met.
Client: Confidential, AZ July 2004 - Dec 2004
Role: SAP FI-AA Consultant
- Configured the settings in GL area, such as creating G/L master data, open item clearing. Configured GL transactions for business processes such as fast-entry screens, posting, parking, reversals and month end closings.
- Configured settings in the AP/AR, such as house bank, bank accounts, ranking order, manual outgoing/incoming payments, automatic payment program, terms of payment, running/editing dunning proposal. Configured the system to handle over/short/down payments, reversals and resets, credit memos and adjustments.
- Configured settings in the AP/AR, such as house bank, bank accounts, ranking order, manual outgoing/incoming payments, automatic payment program, terms of payment, running/editing dunning proposal. Configured the system to handle over/short/down payments, reversals and resets, credit memos and adjustments