- 12 years of experience in the Information Technology industry.
- 10 years of experience in SAP Programming, Customization and Interfacing.
- Perfect blend of technical expertise coupled with thorough understanding of business processes, with functional knowledge in areas such as Order-To-Cash, Procure-To-Pay, Supply Chain Execution and E-Commerce.
- Good understanding of web programming languages and technologies.
- Passionate about learning, implementing and teaching new technologies.
BA: Major- Communications / Minor - Computer Science
Certificates: New Media Development, Vancouver Film School, Vancouver, BC
XML Applications, Learning Tree International, Atlanta.
SAP courses successfully completed: ABAP development, EDI, IDOC development and Web Methods BusinessConnector.
SAP: EDI, IDOCs, ALE, XI/PI, BAPI, BADI, RICEFW
Operating Systems: Windows, Macintosh OS and Unix
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle.
Software: MS Office, Lotus Notes, Remedy, HPQC, LDAP, CommerceOne, Ariba, Photoshop, Illustrator, Director, etc.
Middleware: WebMethods, Inovis, Gentran.
Dec. ’08 – Present SAP - RICEF / Interface specialistClient: Confidential,
- Team member responsible for designing and implementing RICEF objects to integrate the SAP A/R and A/P processes with legacy systems.
- Implemented and supported inbound and outbound interfaces linking a new implementation of the SAP IS-Retail solution with existing large-scale legacy systems utilizing a combination of Custom SAP IDOCs, SAP PI and WebSphere Message Broker.
- Ensured that all SOX Compliance requirements were met.
- Developed and contributed to functional and technical designs for SAP RICEF objects.
- Developed mapping specifications to convert legacy flat files and XML data to IDoc translations.
- Successfully delivered Knowledge Transfer workshops to key business superusers.
Jan. ’08 – Dec. ‘08 Lead SAP Integration ConsultantClient: Confidential, (wholesale distribution company)
- Led and developed EDI and E-business strategies for SAP implementation.
- Designed solution for transition interfaces to be utilized during a period where the legacy backend system would co-exist with the newly implemented SAP ECC system, using a combination of XI/PI, HPQC and legacy interfaces.
- Assisted Business Process Leads in developing Functional Designs.
- Developed mapping specifications to convert raw ANSI X.12 and XML data to IDoc translations.
- Assisted Functional consultants in capturing EDI requirements for all business processes including Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Supply Chain Execution.
- Authored test conditions for unit, system and integration test validation.
- Served as key liaison between Offshore Back Office development team and Front Office functional team.
Nov ’03 – Dec. ‘07 Accenture
Sr. SAP Consultant (Employee)
- Successfully transitioned all EDI requirements from legacy system to SAP.
- Developed maps to convert raw ANSI X.12 and EDIFACT data to IDoc translations.
- Configured all SAP EDI requirements in the system including output, workflow configuration, master data settings for Partner Profiles and EDI parameters and scheduled batch jobs to transfer data from FTP server to SAP.
- Configured all SD, FI/CO and MM module EDI-related requirements per business specifications.
- Wrote and executed test conditions requiring a formal sign-off approval process from the business and change management teams. Provided test results for proof-of-concept validation.
- Created all relevant documentation outlining the implementation steps allowing client to leverage simplified repeatable processes.
- Effectively served as subject-matter expert in meetings, white-board discussions and general brainstorming sessions.
- Key resource in streamlining documentation and knowledge transfer with third party EDI mapping vendor.
- Developed ABAP user exits and applied OSS note fixes to SAP 4.6c.
- Mentored and developed other SAP resources in EDI and IDoc techniques.
- EDI support responsible for implementing changes to EDI functionality and analysis of EDI failures.
- Served as liaison between third party legacy mapping team and SAP implementation team.
Oct ’01 – Nov. ‘03 Confidential,
Consultant - SAP EDI (Employee)
- Developed EDI Functional Mapping Documents (FMDs) using Implementation Guidelines (IG) for various customers internationally for ANSI X.12, EDIFACT, ODETTE, and VDA standards to IDoc translations.
- Developed SAP EDI, output, and workflow configuration and master data settings for Partner Profiles and EDI parameters. Transactions included 830/DELFOR/DELINS and 862/DELINS/DELJIT for scheduling agreements, 850/ORDERS for sales/purchase orders, 856/DESADV for shipping notifications, 820/REMADV for payments and remittances, 824/861/APERAK for status and error notification.
- Interfaced and tested with Legacy Plant Shipping system which required IDoc to application format (CIF) translation and PL/SQL interface.
- Developed and implemented FTP and XML solution for plant data transfer where Legacy system was lacking.
- Advised on EDI analysis tools (Foresight EDISIM) and PC workstation requirements.
Nov ’00 – Sept ’01 Confidential,
Technical Consultant – Global Services
- Installed and configured CommerceOne/SAP software in the local Development and Test environments.
- Gathered functional requirements to help aid in the development of customizations.
- Created and updated diagrams of Architecture to ensure consistencies between various environments.
- Served as an effective liaison between client and Commerce One engineering team.
- Developed strategy for integration between backend ERP system and CommerceOne Procurement software.
- Tested various different end-to-end test scenarios in order to come up with the most efficient solution.
- Configuration of maps within SAP BusinessConnector to integrate with backend SAP system.
- Developed custom SAP IDOCs to coincide with XML dtd’s maintained by CommerceOne Marketsite (web portal designed to e-enable traditional EDI transactions)
- Configuration within SQL Server of DTS (data transformation service) to output a data file on a daily basis.
- Developed effective architecture solution with the SAPmarkets team.
- Customized SAP IDOCs to successfully translate data to XML from EDI via Remote Function Call (RFC).
Performed comprehensive gap-analysis to ensure all applicable gaps were bridged.
Dec ’97 – Nov ’00 Confidential,
SAP Developer/Analyst – Supply Chain group
ABAP Programmer/ EDI Administrator
- Developed reports as dictated by team of Business Analysts and users, involving the FI/CO, MM, and PP modules.
- Development and Support for AP interface featuring configuration of Job Scheduler to reflect the automation of Accounts Payable jobs throughout North America.
- Created/maintained/updated tables within the Data Dictionary.
- Functioned as an instrumental part of a custom Budget Project, which involved building a highly complex system specifically for planners at the plant level.
- Executed Test conditions and troubleshooting procedures for upgrade from SAP Rel.3.1h to 4.0.
- Performed complete software comparative analysis of cost, advantages and risks based on company’s own business processes for appropriate EAI strategy; made formal recommendation based on the results.
- Performed technical development and maintenance of company’s EDI system within SAP.
- Worked closely with various vendors in organizing an efficient and seamless SAP EDI system.
- Developed and maintained custom tables for cross-referencing legacy system ideals to SAP standards.
- Customized IDOC’s and reprocessed IDOC’s in error through ALE.
- Served as the key contact for SAP EDI-related technical issues: on-call 24/7 for users throughout North America.
Jan. ’96 – Nov ’97 Confidential,
- Performed Graphic Design, HTML programming, Video Production, 3D Animation and CD-ROM production.
- Created graphics for brochures, web pages, posters and cards.
- Worked extensively with the layout and coding of web pages.
- Edited video for documentaries, news stories and entertainment purposes.
- Worked with 3D Animation for logos and CD-ROMs.
- Worked on an award-winning CD-ROM project.