Sap Fi/co Functional Analyst Resume
Bloomberg Fixed Income Certified
Bloomberg Equity Essentials Certified
Requirements Gathering and Analysis
New GL Implementation
Expert-level Integration in SD & MM
Public Sector FICO
Reporting & Project Management Experience
Integration and User Acceptance Testing
B E - Electrical Engineering
sap FI/CO CONSULTANT
Over 10 years of experience in IT which includes over 7 Years of cumulative experience in SAP R/3 environment as a FICO functional consultant with 3 full cycle implementations using ASAP methodology and a Certified PMP over 4 years of experience in Project Management and Business Analysis in finance.
Extensive experience in Accounting, Auditing, and Public sector. Possess Excellent Accounting and Finance knowledge with demonstrated competencies in Financial and Business Analysis while working in different industries. Successfully worked with and lead teams across the globe delivering business value.
Finance: Excellent SAP FICO functional expertise in Requirement gathering, business analysis, Configuration, Testing, deployment, support and user training of General Ledger Accounting GL, New GL, Accounts Payable AP, Accounts Receivable AR, Asset Accounting AA & FI-CA & FI-LA, especially in highly Complex Business Environment. Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required during the implementation of FI/CO module. Capable of converting business requirements into functional specifications for developing ABAP programs.
Controlling: Expertise in Controlling includes Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA, Profit Center Accounting EC-PCA and Product Costing. Sound functional experience of Financial, Management and Cost Accounting practices prevailing in diverse segments of Industry like Construction, Manufacturing, Trading, and Travel & Service industries.
FI/CO integration with SD & MM
Windows NT, 2000 & XP, Vista, 2008, MS DOS, OS X
SAP R/3 4.7 E - ECC 6.0
Accelerated SAP (ASAP)
MSOffice, MS Project
Invista, Dorchester, MA
Sr. FI/CO Consultant Apr 12- till now
SAP FI/CO Functional Analyst Apr 10 - Feb 12
Confidential, New Haven, CT
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant Apr 09 - Feb 10
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP Functional Analyst Dec 08 - Mar 09
Confidential, W Palm Beach, FL
SAP FI/CO Analyst Nov 07 - Oct 08
Confidential, Middlebury, CT
SAP Functional Consultant Jul 05 - Sep 07
Confidential, Dubai UAE
Project Manager May 04 - Apr 05
Business Analyst Jun 03 - Apr 04
Confidential, Rockaway, NJ
SAP FICO Consultant Apr 12- till date
- Prepared Business blueprint and designing for Product Costing.
- Prepared Business blueprint and designing for Controlling.
- Completed the configuration for product costing including, activity design, overhead design & configuration, costing sheet, overhead keys and credit groups.
- Wrote functional specifications for customized reports in FI, CO and PC.
- Prepared the training documents for FI, CO and Product costing.
- Trained users on GL, AP, AR, CO and Product costing.
- Created functional specifications for BDC upload for customer, vendors and asset master data.
- Designed, created and configured cost centre hierarchy, groups & cost centers and their alignment with activity types.
- Designed, created and configured operating concern, controlling area, cost centers, primary cost elements and secondary cost elements.
- Collected requirements for reports in FI & CO. Explained standard reports to client and collected requirements for functional specifications for customized reports.
- Conducted conference room pilot, demos and extensive training sessions with client for FI, CO and product costing.
- Did troubleshooting for all FI related queries.
Confidential, Dorchester, MA Apr 10 - Feb 12
SAP FI/CO Functional Analyst
- Participated in Requirement gathering, Project Preparation, Business Blueprint, Realization and full life cycle implementation.
- Regular Interaction with users to ensure proper understanding of the Business Requirements and Functional specifications.
- Analyzed the as-Is system and gathered functional requirements for the to-be system.
- Participated in decision-making for the screen layout of Master Records including General Ledger, Vendor Master Record & Customer Master Record.
- Participated in New GL implementation.
- Configured Leading ledger and non-leading ledgers and maintaining their currencies.
- Assigned scenarios and customer fields to ledgers for New GL.
- Worked on blueprinting(Phase 0) and customizing New GL (Phase 1).
- Maintained Vendor Group Field Status for General Data, Company Code Data & Purchasing Data that reflected on the Vendor Master Records.
- Customized Operating Chart of Accounts, Group Chart of Accounts & Country Chart of Accounts. Maintained the Operating Chart of Accounts by adding new G/L accounts as per the client's requirements.
- Integrated FI with MM & SD modules and did maintenance.
- Maintained G/L accounts for all company codes and creating reoccurring entries.
- Configured the payment program & designed the form for Checks along with the MICR code.
- Configured the Chart of Depreciation and settings up the various depreciation areas like Book Depreciation, Taxation, and Investment Support etc.
- Configured the Period Controls key's, Depreciation key's, Calculation key's etc.
- Created Asset classes & configured screen layouts for Asset master records
- MM procurement invoice processes and integration with Financials, FM funds management and budgetary ledger
- Trained users to work on calculation and reporting taxes on a single platform to give them a better control on transaction tax compliance and make sure tax liability is determined accurately.
- Extensively involved in Unit, Integration and User Acceptance testing.
- Conducted End User training and post production support
Confidential, New Haven, CT Apr09 - Feb 10
Sr. SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Studied and understood the changes in the Standard SAP System for the new version and prepare change configuration scripts.
- Was a Team member of the customization and implementation group for Budget control system
- Interacted with Business Users for Requirements Gathering and Analysis especially for G/L accounts.
- Prepared a document of all the changes made, bug fixes, revised the Business Process Procedures to facilitate the changes during the upgrade.
- Supported all phases of a Project Life Cycle Including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Deployment of Solutions, as well as Documentation, and End-User Training.
- Worked on integration testing extensively on end-to-end scenarios involving cross-functional modules such as MM & SD.
- Actively participated in New GL implementation.
- Defined currencies for leading and non-leading ledgers and did New GL activation.
- Defined Profit Center Hierarchy and Cost Center Hierarchy
- Configured Cost Center Accounting (CCA), maintained standard hierarchy, created cost centers, primary cost element categories, secondary cost element categories, automatic cost element creation, manual cost element creation, activated reconciliation ledger.
- Created Cost Center groups and Cost Centers, Primary and Secondary Cost Elements.
- Resolved issues relating to the upgrade in General Ledger Accounting, Asset Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, and Accounts Payable.
- Interacted with all the remote team members in providing resolution of issues outside of FI/CO Scope like technical, custom programs and integration issues
Confidential, Houston, TX Dec 08 - Mar 09
SAP Functional Analyst
- Interfaced directly with business users to facilitate requirements gathering. Helped to design business process and system solutions.
- Participated in Blueprinting, bug fixing, Gap analysis, design finalization & writing function specifications for the development objects which included reports, forms & interfaces in the areas of GL, AR, AP, Banking, Cost center Accounting.
- Worked on contract and lease accounting.
- Defined asset classes, screen layouts and depreciation areas for leased assets.
- Worked on New GL blueprinting (Phase 0).
- Configured payment program for Wire transfers, local checks, centralized check printing, direct deposits.
- Configured electronic Banking & automatic bankreconciliation.
- Worked on periodic & annual closing procedures for FICO & cross-stream modules.
- Configured necessary settings for various transactions like revaluation, transfer, retirement of assets, acquisition of assets, post-capitalization etc.
- Configured the required settings for acquisition through Lease, Posting Investment subsidies, Revaluation of assets, Posting Depreciation.
- Configured necessary settings for Assets under construction and settling the same to Fixed Assets.
Confidential, West Palm Beach, FL Sept 07 - Oct 08
SAP FI/CO Analyst
- Analyzed organizational structure and prepared blueprint documentation for GL, AP and AR business processes.
- Coordinated meetings with the users to understand existing business processes and documented business process flow charts, identified the requirements and modeled the to-be process.
- Configured chart of accounts uploaded G/L accounts and made all the necessary changes in G/L account specifications.
- Created reconciliation accounts for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Configured the business processes in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and participated in legacy data transfer.
- Made settings for automatic payment program for Accounts Payable and interest calculation on account balances and line items.
- Worked on maintaining and assigning Financial Management Area (FM), Assign Company code to financial management area and integrate related components in funds management module.
- Worked on cross-company code transactions and multi currencies.
- Created account assignment models for recurring entries.
- Defined specifications for preparing balance sheets at periodic intervals, account balances, creation of reserve for bad debts and other provisions, for business area balance.
- Configured reports at group/company code levels.
- Configured complete Bank Accounting sub module including House Banks, Lockbox, Bank chains and electronic bank statements, automatic payment run for check and wire transfer.
- Configured and customized Asset Management by creating and maintaining fixed assets, depreciation areas, calculation keys, depreciation periods, and account assignments, historical data conversion. Set up interface to synchronize master date with legacy application.
- Created and assigned business transactions for Manual Bank statement.
- Defined posting keys and created business transactions for Check deposit.
Confidential, Middlebury, CT Jul 05 - Aug 07
SAP Functional Consultant
- Configured the G/L accounts, Vendor and customer master data, defined the tax on sales and purchases, Tax accounts.
- Configured all business transactions for accounts payable and account receivables including the payment program configuration and automatic check payment advice and payment analysis printing, clearing of vendor and customer open items, bank master data, house banks for payment program, credit management, dispute management Periodic processing, correspondence.
- Responsible for integration testing and Checked GR/IR accounts and vendor accounts for transactions.
- Testing Dunning letter and verifying that they are visible in IXOS. Also tested the following: Payment schemes, Payments, Refunds, Direct debits (Fixed and Variable) and applying debits and credits.
- Inspecting and reviewing functional specification and raising defect on them if ambiguous.
- Configured Fixed Asset: Defined the chart of depreciation. Created Different Asset classes and defined the screen layout rules for the corresponding asset classes.
Confidential, Dubai UAE May 04 - Apr 05
- Managed and lead the project budgeted at USD 1.2 million
- Created and managed the Project Plan in MS Project and tracked project milestones and tasks
- Coordinated weekly stakeholder meetings and analyzed impact to each business user group
- Initiated and managed weekly one-on-one project updates with key GCCI management stakeholders
- Managed a RAID Log to track the project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Managed and mitigated three potential showstopper issues to continue towards project delivery
- Coordinated, managed and mitigated critical dependencies on other projects
- Reviewed SLAs and ensured timely delivery of project deliverables
- Worked with the infrastructure engineers to identify hardware, software and licensing requirements
- Managed vendor relationships, performed Cost-Benefit analysis and negotiated pricing
- Led vendor evaluations, contracts and negotiations working with upper management; business managers, technical and infrastructure teams
- Led a global team comprising multiple on-shore and off-shore teams
- Coordinated test plan and test schedule with the off-shore QA team
- Tracked and managed the application development for delivery to the off-shore QA test team
- Managed multiple application deployment sub-projects to support the project and program goals
Confidential, Mar 02 - Apr 04
New Delhi, India
- Analyzed company's business plans and worked with management to evaluate projects.
- Conducted project assessment, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility determination.
- Created NPV, IRR, DCF and ROI models for evaluating financial aspects of upcoming projects.
- Ensured compliance with budget by performing monthly variance analysis.
- Investigated and resolved production and field issues as identified, both through internal quality system and customer feedback.
- Conducted data analysis to find trend in issues and provided feasible solutions to save field implementation cost in Sudan.
- Generated Business requirement documents (BRD) and worked as a liaison between business and implementation teams.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes