- Senior SAP BASIS engineer with more than 20 years of Industry experience including 15 years of experience in complex and global implementations of SAP Technology.
- An innovative, resourceful technical expert and leader, I have served customers of all sizes across the enterprise and in managing and implementing SAP Solutions.
- My experience includes Senior SAP BASIS administrator, including Database Administration & all associated 3rd party applications and bolt - ons.
- I have done numerous installations/upgrades and configuration of SAP technology such as SAP R/3, ERP ( ECC), Enterprise Portals ( EP), Business Warehouse ( BW), Business Intelligence (BI), CRM, XI/PI, SCM/APO, TREX Search Engine, LiveCache, GRC ( SAP GRC ), Apache Web Server, Fiori, SAP Business Objects (BOBJ), SAP BI Accelerator, Sap Content Server, SAP Saprouter, Esker, and Solution Manager.
- I have extensive experience in all aspects of SAP Basis Administration (full life cycle implementations) on Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 including UNIX/LINUX Flavors such as HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat Linux, and Suse Linux. ..As well as all forms of installations, upgrades, and os/db migrations.
- My expertise in SAP Basis Administration includes architecting solutions, 24/7 on-call support, daily Production Support, Hardware/Software Sizing (Capacity Planning), Implement/execute Disaster Recovery plan, Maintain up to date Backup and Restore strategies, Performance Tuning, Installations, Upgrades, System Copy, Client Copy, SSO configuration, Kernel and Support Packs upgrades, Enhancement Pack Upgrade, SWPM/SUM, Early Watch Alerts, CCMS Monitoring, Database Stats/Reorgs, Workload Analysis and Root Cause Analysis, TMS setup and configuration and designing transport landscapes.
SAP Products: Business Suite (ERP R3/3.1 - ECC 6.0, CRM, PLM, SCM/APO, and SRM),ADS, BI/BW, BusinessObjects, Content Server, Data Services, EM, EP Portals, GRC, HCM, LiveCache, MDM, Redwood CPS, Solution Manager, Trex, Vertex, Wily Introscope, XI/PI.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase, HANA, SAP MaxDB
Operating Systems/Platforms: Unix (HP-UX,SOLARIS), Linux(SLES, RHEL),MS Windows Server, Virtualization (VMware, Oracle VM), Cloud Infrastructure, AWS.
Network Utilities: SAProuter, SAP Web Dispatcher, F5 Load Balancer
Security: LDAP Integration, SNC, SSL, SSO, SAP ABAP Security, SAP JAVA Security.
HA/DR Technologies: SAP ASCS, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle RAC, Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS), MSSQL Mirroring, SAN Replication, VMware, Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
Sap Basis Sr. Engineer
- Responsible for day to day support, Production Support, Daily Monitoring, Kernel Upgrades, Database Upgrades, Support Pack Upgrades, Client Copy, System Refresh/System Copy, SAP Installations, Upgrades, and DBA Responsibilities.
- Day to Day Production Support 24/7 in all areas.
- Capacity Planning. Hardware and Software Sizing.
- Architecture management for Multiple Parallel Landscapes.
- Administrating Large SAP Systems and supporting over 2-25 TB size database.
- Administering/Executing new Projects ( Sap Sourcing, sap webdispatcher, Accelerator, CRM, Solution Manager, Opentext Archive Server, OS/DB migration of 4.7 Enterprise system non-unicode to ERP 6.0 unicode.
- Performed ECC EHP4 to EHP6 upgrade using EHPI utility.
- Performed Solution Manager 7.1 Installation, post-steps, and integrations.
- Installed new ERP 6.0 and BW 7.4 systems and configured associated integrations.
- Installed/configured/supported Sybase database including backup integration.
- Installed/Configured/Patched/Supported Sybase ASE 15.7 for Netweaver 7.4 ABAP instance on LINUX REDHAT EL6/X BIT.
- Configured/integrated Sybase ASE 15.7 with Netbackup 7.5.
- Supported SAP ASE 16.0 instance and configured backup/restore scripts, configuration, and methodology on WINDOWS SERVER 2012/X64 64BIT.
- Configured/integrated Sybase ASE 16.0 with Netbackup 7.71
- Installed/upgraded/patched Oracle 11G and 12c databases.
- Supporting multi-TB database environments.
- Configuring backup and recovery using brtools, as well as integrating with 3rd party backup software such as Symantec Netbackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, and HP Data Protector.
- Responsible for Planning, Coordinating, Outlines for assigned projects/tasks.
- Managing, Maintaining, and administering hourly/daily/quarterly monitoring tasks for system’s health check.
- Experienced in using software provisioning tools such as SWPM and SUM.
- Worked with SAP & Hardware partner HP to implement SAP HANA DB 1.0 SPS9
- Have performed SAP HANA db installations and patching
- Installed and patched HANA Studio.
- Worked on HANA user management tool and Administration Tools to create users, roles, role hierarchies and privileges.
- Solution Manager: Automated Maintenance related activities. Central Monitoring configured, Central DBACOCKPIT configured, CCMS and Satellite systems managed remotely (CEN).
- Configured CEN (Central Monitoring), EWA (Early Watch Alerts), CUA(Central User Administration)
- Review Early Watch Reports on a weekly basis for assigned customers.
- Installed/configured/managed integration between BI and BI Portal, ECC and Portal.
- Managing Transport Management System (TMS)
- Installed/configured/upgraded Opentext suite of products- Archive Server10-16,ICC(InvoiceCaptureCenter),VIM(VendorInvoiceManagement)
Environment: ECC6.0 EHP4, CRM 7.0 & 7.0 EHP 2, Enterprise Portal NW 7.0 & NW 7.30, Solution Manager 7.0 EHP2, EP7.2, GRC, BI, SCM, BOBJ, HANA, BPC 7.5, Windows 2008, Linux/Unix, Oracle10g, 11g & MS SQL Servers, Sybase 12.x, Vmware, Oracle VM.
- Supported Multi-Terabyte ASCS/Oracle RAC environment..with Oracle Dataguard for replication.
- Provided/Executed SAP and database steps for Disaster recovery plans and implementation.
- Excellent troubleshooting with ABAP & JAVA stacks.
- Disaster recovery planning & setting up of secondary site and testing.
- I nstallation and configuration and support of ECC, Portal. Setting up JCO, integrations, and configuration of TMS.
- P erformance tuning (memory, sql trace), Java (Garbage collection, thread analysis for long running threads). Experience with ST05 tracing and running sql traces and determining root cause.
- JAVA administration and experience with VA and ConfigTool.
- Setup Service Desk for Issue Management.
- Installed and Configured SMD agents (troubleshooting agents etc.)
- Troubleshooting & Performance Optimization of Portal.
- Configured Portal system and applied patches through JSPM. Configuration such as (SLD, NWA, JVM Settings, Connection to ECC system, SSO etc…)
- Performance Tuning of ABAP systems, Batch load Analysis, find performance bottle necks, Interface monitoring etc.
- Installation and Application of SAP BI & Portal Support Packages.
- Transported Portal Content objects (iView’s, Roles) from Source system to Target system within the system landscape
- Performed System copies and system refreshes.
- Oracle 188.8.131.52 upgrade to 10.2.0.2 and applied Oracle patches.
- Configured the SAP Web dispatcher 7.00 for load-balancing and as reverse proxy.
- Setup Transportation Management system (STMS) and transport change requests across Dev, QA and Production systems
- Performed system copy and client copies.
- Performed Vertex release upgrades, as well as monthly updates for Taxware.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Network Engineer for major telecommunications company managing global networks for our Fortune 500 customer base.
- Experience configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting, multi-vendor, multi-protocol data networks with specific experience with cisco routers and switches.
- Speak, read and write fluent Spanish and used this skill set to assist customers such as aeromexico, mexicana and copa airlines in determining and resolving network issues.
Confidential, Charlotte, NCNetwork Engineer
- Assisted in the Confidential divestiture
- Administered 2 Unixware application servers supporting the Unisys
- SinglePoint Operations automation application.
- Knowledge of Windows NT/2000 networks and computer/server hardware.
- Interfaced with customers, vendors, and support personnel.
- Maintained on - call responsibilities.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Graduated from the Operations program.
- Successfully performed operational duties which include:
- Monitoring the daily production cycle on the Unisys Clearpath.
- Interfacing with customers, vendors, and support personnel.
- Adhered to proper protocol and escalation procedures.