- 16 years in IT and 14years of R/3, NetWeaver and HANA technical experience. Specializing in the design, planning, support and deployment of global SAP implementations. Successfully held several leadership roles, implementing SAP at multiple Fortune 100 & 500 companies.
- Capable of deriving an SAP Roadmap for the IT Landscape and provide technical inputs on Best Practices and Recommendations for IT Transformation and Digital Enablement.
- Full life cycle implementation of SAP HANA, ECC, ABAP, Netweaver and JAVA applications with production support and upgrade experience.
- Making recommendations on strategic direction and roadmap for the use and implementation of SAP applications, as well as integrated third party systems
- Provide technology and architectural leadership, strategic direction and long - term vision for the SAP investment; inspire creative solutions for maximizing the value contribution of that investment.
- Technical expertise on SAP architecture and making recommendations to improve performance. Providing technical leadership on upgrades and maintenance planning for SAP applications.
- Technical expertise in SAP HANA architecture including high availability, database migration, backup, and disaster recovery.
- System Sizing (Capacity planning), Disk / Storage / Server Layout, and overall System Installation Plan.
- Excellent organizational skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet established completion dates.
- Able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- SAP solution upgrade projects, application and testing of support and enhancement packages, and support for functional projects.
- Experience in handling Upgrade and Enhancement Pack upgrades for ECC 6.0, Enterprise Portals 7.4/7.5, Solution Manager 7.1/7.2, BI ABAP 7.4/7.5, MII 14/15, HANA SPS 08/09/10/11/12 , SLT DMIS, Data Services, SRM EHP3, GTS 10.1.
- Participated in the key areas such as High Availability, Disaster Recovery and systems management. Expert in working Large ERP platforms with 220K+ end users & multi terabyte Database environments.
Industries: Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Public Sector, Finance, Beverage, Food
Databases: HANA, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and Access
OS: Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, UNIX, HP-UX, SUN SOLARIS, AIX
SAP Components: HANA, Business Suite on HANA, BW on HANA, ECC, BW, Enterprise Portals, Solution Manager, PI/PO, GTS, SRM, MII, SLT, Data Services, Business Objects, NWDI, Fiori Apps.
Third Party: Redwood, Autosys, Control M, Vertex, Knoa
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SAP Basis/HANA Lead
- Lead a team of SAP Professionals from Onsite and offshore
- Support critical project deliverables, provide coordination of priorities and tasks among a diverse team of Confidential SAP Technical Professionals and consultants performing operational administration and implementation project support of a complex SAP ecosystem.
- Serve as technical support for medium to complex problem resolution. Provide technical expertise for resolving escalated system issues.
- Provide input and feedback on system design and implementation decisions regarding the SAP infrastructure and architecture in accordance with company policy and Global Standard Operating Procedures.
- Planning, installation, and maintenance of HANA database software. Database security and diagnostic maintenance; capacity planning & administration.
- Release (cutover) planning, articulate and determine timelines for various cutover activities, serve as technical escalation point and SME for various SAP infrastructure technologies.
- Partner closely with infrastructure teams and suppliers on architectural design, application upgrades, release and project implementations, capacity management and system performance.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Exercise, Planned Maintenances, HANA SPS12 upgrades, Oracle 12c and SAP kernel Upgrades, PI Support Packs, and F5/A10 Load Balancers configuration.
Confidential, Bartlesville, OK
Sr SAP Basis and HANA Consultant
- HANA installations 1.0 SPS08/09/10/12, upgrades and patching for SAP instances and Databases.
- Experience implementing SAP HANA in an Appliance and TDI model.
- Validation of hardware infrastructure according to the SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI) approach using HWCCT tool.
- Validation of operating system settings such as Linux kernel settings (e.g. transparent huge pages configuration) and supported Linux distributions
- Measurement of data throughput rates and latency times between the SAP HANA computing nodes and the external storage system.
- Successful migration of Solution Manager from Traditional Oracle Database to HANA SPS12. knowledge of all aspects of the project lifecycle, including design, configuration, testing and cutover for SAP HANA
- Responsible for recommending database solutions to recognized problems and for design and implementation of new SAP Hana databases.
- Responsible for Installation, Upgrade and Configuration of SAP Hana software Rev 82, 96,102.
- Responsible for creation of SAP Hana database instances and SAP Hana cluster/server configurations.
- Configuring backup / restore utilities and developing disaster recovery policies and procedures for HANA, Enterprise Portal, SRM, MII and Web Dispatchers.
- Setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis. Also, tuning the database environment to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of the application functionality of existing Hana platforms and future enhancements.
- Coordinate with SAP/Vendors to assure the availability of SAP Hana systems with regards to upgrades, versions, patches, new releases.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems and advanced technical support for database related activities with emphasis on root cause analysis
- Function as the technical liaison between Application development, support and DBA teams. Provide mentoring to fellow administrators. Maintain audit and SOX compliance of databases supported by the team and documentation for the same
- Support On-Call; document processes and prepare/generate presentations/reports as required from management or customer
- Administer and Manage HANA Database with HANA studio, Solution manager, HANA cockpit, SAP HANA Database Lifecycle Manager (HDBLCM).
- Setting up and configuring real time Data Replication using SAP Replication Server between HANA and ECC.
- Performing tuning of the data loads for big tables using SLT using Parallelization Methods.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of BODS (Business Objects Data Services)
- Maintenance of MII landscapes for Canada, Alaska and San Juan Business Unit
- Configure CTS+ with Solution Manager for Change Management for MII Landscape.
- Successfully upgraded SRM (Supplier relationship Management) 7.0 EHP1 to EHP3.
- Successfully Upgraded Enterprise portal from 7.02 to 7.31 and 7.4 and from 7.4 to 7.5
- Successfully completed Go Live for Finance Project settlement in HANA Environment. Reduced closing time of Finance for 1/3 using HANA and parallel processing
- Installed, Configured and Maintenance of KNOA Software for end user performance.
- Proof of Concept of SAP Fiori applications for Purchase Order Requisition and approvals.
- System refreshes for ABAP systems using LVM PCA tool.
- Worked with SAP DR team annually to simulate the DR scenarios for all the Supported solutions.
Sr SAP Basis Consultant
- Successfully upgraded Portal Environment from Netweaver 7.01 SP11 to Netweaver 7.31 SP05.
- Successfully upgraded Solution Manager 7.01 to Solution Manager 7.1 SP06.
- Upgraded successfully SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 to EPH6 in all the Environments.
- Design, plan, install/upgrade, build, configure, integrate and test various SAP Products in the complex SAP Landscape per custom business process requirements.
- SAP Basis support/Database Administration for a landscape consisting of over 30 SAP systems which include ECC 6.0 (HCM), Business Warehouse 7.0, Enterprise Portal 7.01, Solution Manager, Business Objects, Redwood Schedulers, BSI tax Factory and NWDI utilizing DB2 for Z/OS databases.
- Develop and maintain complex SAP multi-tier/integrated processes and procedures to support the complex SAP Landscape complex SAP projects/tasks such as SLD, CTSPlus, Enhancement Package, Support Stacks, add-on packages, SSO, JCO, ADS, WebDynpro ABAP/JAVA, Client Copies, SMD, Early Watch.
- Troubleshooting problems related to ITS/ICM, web services, workload balancing, JCO optimization, ST03N analysis, SLD, KM, UWL, and RFC.
- Homogeneous / Heterogeneous system copies across multiple landscapes consisting of DB2 for Z/OS, DB2 for Windows and DB2 on AIX.
- Setting BSI Production and Non-Production tax servers and Apply BSI Tax Factory Regulatory Bulletins and Cyclic Updates.
- Maintenance/deployment of ESS/MSS Business package and WebDynpro applications and related configurations in Enterprise Portal 7.0 (Maintaining JCO connection, Creating Users, Assigning Roles), and customizing of ESS services in backend ECC 6.0 server.
- Business Objects 4.0 platform Administration - Installation, maintenance and support of BO 4.0 platform: Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius. Integrating BOBJ with Business Warehouse and enterprise portal environments.
- NWDI Server Configuration, Administration - Managing tracks, Design Time Repository objects (DTR), Deployment.
- BSI Tax Factory Server Administration - Applying BSI Tubs, Cyclic Updates, Upgrades.
- SAP Redwood Scheduler Server managing and administration.
Solution Manager Upgrade and configuration
- Performed the Upgrade of Solution Manager from 7.01 EHP1 to 7.1 SPS 4 with Kernel 7.20 using Solution Manager upgrade tool (SOLMANUP) on AIX 6.1 with DB2 (z/OS).
- Performed the configuration steps in solution Manager 7.1 for setting up the system, LMDB Configuration, End to End Root cause analysis, Technical Monitoring, IT Service Management.
- Performed the Solution Manager Support pack upgrade from NW7.1 SP04 to SP06 using SUM.
- Performed Export/Import of Solution Manager, System landscape planning, setup and initial configuration of systems, operation and reconfiguration during different stages of the upgrade Project with Solution Manager
- Configuration and administration of Early Watch Report, CA Willy - Root Cause Analysis, Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ), Sol Man Work centers, setting up satellite systems in solution manager, creation/maintenance of SLD.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
Sr SAP Basis Consultant
- Installation, Configuration of Netweaver Component PI 7.1, Solution Manager 7.0 on Windows/MSSQL 2008 Environment.
- Performance Tuning of Integration Server (ABAP) and Adapter Engine/Messaging System (Java). Application of Support Packs, Add INS and Enhancement Packages EHP4 on ECC and EHP1 on Solution Manager.
- Homogeneous System/Database Copy of ABAP+JAVA for SAP Systems Based on SAP Netweaver 2004s.
- Set Up and configured CTS+ for Enterprise Portal 7.1 to transport Non-ABAP Objects.
- Local Client copy, Client Import and Export between the Production and Non-Production systems.
- Knowledge on working with Different Adapters for XI like IDOC, ARIBA, J2EE JDBC and SEEBURGER.
- Solution Monitoring with Early Watch Alerts, Service Level Reporting, System Monitoring / Administration and functionality enable for Business Process Monitoring; Alert Inbox; Proactive, Connectivity & Job Monitoring, Service Desk & Central System Administration Tools.
- Solution Manager Diagnostics & Wily Enterprise Manager Setup with Introscope Live System Monitoring and connecting compatible Managed systems.
- RCA End-to-End Analysis: Workload, Exception, Change, Trace, Java Memory & Thread Dump Analysis.
- BC Sets Activation for CHARM, Business Partner Creation. Activate Integration with Change Request Management.
- Configuring Monitoring CCMS Agents, Availability Monitoring Using CCMS
- Creating Distribution list, Implementing Central Auto-Reaction Methods
- GRMG Monitoring Configuration, Configuring threshold values of Alerts.
Environment: ECC 6.0, BI 7.0, EP 7.1, PI 7.1, SLD, CE 7.1, Solution Manager 7.0, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2003/2008 Server.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr SAP Consultant and Architect
- Designing, implementation, and documentation of the SAP Landscape which includes the Business Intelligence 7 .0, BI-JAVA and Enterprise Portal.
- Define standards, guidelines, and security policies for the SAP environments. Design and develop operating procedures for the SAP environment and transition these procedures to the operations team.
- Creating Different Types of Source Systems like from R/3, Flat Files and DB Connect through RSA1.
- Configuration of “BI Statistic” Cubes effectively to collect detailed data, monitor performance, and use analysis tools on key SAP Netweaver BI objects such as InfoProviders, Query retrievals, and data loads.
- Configured Successfully “BI-Java” Technical Configuration using “BI-Java template installer” between BI and EP.
- Configured Portal Server for “SSO” with SAP Logon Tickets and also Configured SAP Systems to Accept and Verify SAP Logon Tickets.
- Homogeneous System/Database Copy of ABAP+JAVA for SAP Systems Based on SAP Netweaver 2004s.
- Installation of “Java Add-on “to the Netweaver 2004s ABAP stack on the Netweaver Landscape and also on ECC 6.0.
- Configured Enterprise Manager and Wily Agents for “Wily Introscope 8 “monitoring Java/J2ee Engine.
- Configured “Early Watch Alerts (EWA) “in the Solution Manager for the BI System Landscape.
- Demonstrated experience with Visual Administration and Config tool, supporting JCO, WebDynpro and BSP applications.
- Heavy experience in the planning and execution of installations, patches, upgrades, SAP workloads, batch processes and background activities.
- Integrated and configured successfully Batch Job Scheduler “Control M” with SAP Systems. Have Experience working with Job Scheduler Agent “Autosys”.
- Check tables for reorganization and perform online Tables Re-Org with BR*Tools.
- Creating Separate Tablespaces, Data Classes and Moving BI related Tables (InfoCubes, DSO, PSAs) to the respective Tablespaces.
- Installing CCMS Agents on the Monitored Systems and integrating with Solution Manager for satellite systems monitoring.
- Monitor and administrate the Internet Communication Manager (ICM) and also Enabling/Disabling Services through SICF.
- Scheduling and monitoring the “Crontab” Jobs at regular intervals by the cron daemon in AIX.
- Experience working with SAP Netweaver on Oracle RAC Cluster Environment. Oracle 9i and 10g Database Administration and Management on AIX Environments
- SAP Memory tuning by monitoring and changing memory-related parameters for each Application Server instance.
Environment: ECC 6.0, Netweaver 2004s, BI 7.0, EP 6.0, and Solution Manager 4.0, AIX 5.3, Oracle 10g.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SAP Basis Consultant
- Monitoring and Administration of ECC 6.0, BW 3.5/BI 7.0, Netweaver 04/2004s & Portal 6.0 Landscapes.
- Performed Oracle Patch upgrade from “10.2.0.2” to “10.2.0.4” in HP-UX /Windows and also from 22.214.171.124 to 10.2.0.4.
- Upgraded Portal Support pack from “SP18” to “SP22” in the entire landscape.
- Installed Add-on components like "2005 1 640" in BW Landscape.
- Applying “fixes” and “Bugs” in the portal environment.
- Applied “Oracle Interim Patches” for 126.96.36.199/10.2.0.2 version using “OPatch”.
- Administration and maintenance of “Live Cache Server” & Core Interface on APO systems.
- System copies from “Production” to “Quality and Development” systems.
- Supporting functional team’s issues for FI/CO, SD and HR Modules.
- Upgrade kernel 6.40, Components to the latest patch level available in the SAP Market place.
- Used “Remedy”, for creating Change Requests/Tickets for problems and Lotus Notes Database for managing all Transports, Documentations and Other useful details.
- Performance tuning of the Java Parameters for “Portal” systems.
- Installed SMD (Solution Manager Diagnostics) Server Tool and SMD Agent.
- Loading BSI tax data, new BSI Tax Tubs for SAP HR Module.
- Documenting the entire Basis Related activities according to the company Policies and Procedures.
Environment: ERP 2005 (ECC 5.0), Netweaver 2004, BI 7.0, and Solution Manager 4.0, HP-UX/AIX, Window 2003 Server, Oracle 10g, TREX.
Confidential, Miami, Florida
SAP BW BASIS Consultant
- Performed SAP BW 3.5 Upgrade to Netweaver BI 7.0 during Netweaver upgrade.
- Upgraded the complete Landscape from “Netweaver 2004” to “Netweaver 2004s SR2”.
- Planning the upgrade strategy, prerequisite for the “PREPARE” and manual operations after the PREPARE phase and the SAPUP (UPGRADE phase) in the Upgrade process of an SAP system.
- Single point of contact (SPOC) from the Complete Basis Team to support production issue.
- Installation/Upgrade: NetWeaver 2004s, J2EE ENGINE, BI 7.0, EP 6.0 and Solution Manager 4.0. Installation of ECC 6.0 Test systems on Windows 2003 platform.
- Worked with different IT teams and users to prepare cutover plans for the BW system upgrade.
- Installation of Usage Types BI-JAVA, EP and EP Core on NetWeaver 2004s.
- Upgraded the Oracle Database from 188.8.131.52 to 10.2.0.2 in the new systems and Landscape over 3 systems.
- Configuration of System Landscape in Solution Manager 4.0 in Landscape and get the SAP Solution Manager Key for Upgrading to Netweaver 2004s.
- Applied Support Packages like BASIS 640, ABA 640, BW 3.5, BI Cont 3.5 & PI BASIS on R/3 systems and aligned the Dictionary and Repository Object.
- Applying SAP Licenses for (ABAP+JAVA) and (Standalone JAVA) systems.
- Also involved in Portal administration activities. These include UME administration, changing UME data store to another R3 system, installing add-on components such as ESS on Portal, patching Portal components with SDM and JSPM.
- BRBackup of Offline Database Backup in Production Systems after the upgrade phase completed.
Environment: ECC 6.0, Netweaver 2004s, BI 7.0, EP 6.0, XI 7.0, SLD 7.0, ITS and Solution Manager 4.0, HP-UX, Oracle 10g.
Sr Software Engineer
- Installed and configured SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 6.0 and maintained different SAP landscapes for Development, Quality Assurance, Training and Production.
- Installation of EP 6.0, BI 7.0 across the landscapes, DEV, QAS and PRD and configured the SLD and other configurations and POST installation procedures.
- Applying application level patches for EP, XI, MI, through SDM and JSPM respectively.
- Installed and configured Add on Components “ST and ST-API” in Development, Quality and Production Systems for Solution Manager.
- Performance Tuning of SAP servers by using some TCodes such as SM12, SM21, SM50, SM13, ST02, ST03, ST04, ST22, DB01, DB02, SP01 and other related codes.
- Applied OSS Notes using SNOTE and support packs using SPAM after checking for dependencies based on SAP Marketplace Documentations, Functional Requirements and upgrading BRtools to latest versions.
- Using “SAPDBA” & BR Tools for Table space administration (create new Table spaces, adding data files and Table space reorganization).
- Using RZ10 importing and maintaining of SAP system profiles. Trace File Administration (Switch On and Off).
- Creating “Source System Connections using RSA1” from BW systems to other Systems in the Landscape.
- Configured Single Sign on (SSO) and user mapping for portal and backend systems (EP, BI, R/3) and generate & install SSL certificates.
Sap Basis Consultant
- Basis Administration of SAP ECC 4.0 / BW 3.5 / 4.7 Enterprise and 4.6 systems, configuration and maintaining system
- Updated the kernel version from 6.20 to 6.40 in multi landscape systems in Windows and UNIX.
- Upgraded SPAM and SAINT versions to the latest level.
- Applied Support Packages like BASIS 620, ABAP 620, APPL 600 & HR 600 on R/3 systems and aligned the Dictionary and Repository Object.
- Created Clients 100, 200, 300 in Development Server and Client 700 in Production Server... Performed the local client copies of 100, 200, 300 in Development Server and 700 in Production Server from Source client 000.
- Configured client settings and system change options as per the definition of the client strategy document of the project.
- Daily checking the Health of R3 system, performance Issue BW/R3 by generate reports to the team members.
- Installing Windows 2000/NT Processional, Severs, Upgrading the systems and installing with the latest Service packs and patches on a network of over 50 Computers
- Administering and managing User accounts and Groups. Assigning, Creating and setting the permissions.
- Regular Checkup of the Antivirus software in the systems and updating them with the latest version.
- Liaise with vendors for all technical issues, Purchasing, maintenance and installation.
- Monitor all WAN and LAN links and ensure maximum uptime.
- Configuring and administer HP LaserJet Network Printers