- Overall 6 years of Business Intelligence experience.
- Worked as a Designer, Developer, Tester implementing and delivering multiple data warehouse projects in SAP Business Warehouse, Integrated Planning, Business Objects involving different phases of SDLC such as requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in modeling, designing, developing and testing Data Acquisition, Data Staging, Data Reporting Layer, ABAP code based transformations in SAP BW, APD’s, building reports using BEx Query Designer, BEx Web Application Designer, SAP BO 3.1 - Web Intelligence and Universe Designer.
- Experience working on Business Objects 4.1 - BI launch pad, Report Execution, Data Tracking, Universe Design Tool, WebI & Crystal reports.
- As a Technical lead, I coordinated, supervised a team of 7 people from offshore involving maintenance of multiple finance data warehouse projects in SAP BW 3.X/7.X, Integrated Planning, SAP Business Objects 3.1/4.1, Crystal reports 2013 by resolving time critical issues and also implementing enhancements to the existing BW, BO - WebI and Crystal report solutions.
- Good Understanding of OLTP extractions from SAP R/3 particularly from custom generated extractors like CO-PA, BW content extractors like FI, CO and consolidated financial data extraction from SAP BFC using BODS.
- Implemented planning applications using BI Integrated Planning.
- Experience working on open hub services to transfer the data from SAP BW to SAP Process Integration which further transferred the data to SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation module.
- Performed regressive testing in development and test systems, worked with end users to handle UAT issues and also participated in knowledge transfer to the support team.
- Sound Knowledge of Data Warehousing and authorization concepts, BEx broadcasting, transport management, change management and support processes .
- Good Knowledge of SAP BW on HANA, native SAP HANA modeling, SLT.
- Worked on SAP HANA Cloud Platform to create databases, schema’s and used it in Eclipse based SAP HANA Studio to create different views and build reports on the data stored in HANA tables.
- SAP BW 3.x/7.x
- BEx Query Designer
- Integrated Planning
- Open Hub
- BEx Broadcasting
- Business Warehouse Accelerator
- Data Warehouse Concepts
- SAP Business Objects 3.1 /4.1
- SAP ECC 6.0
- SAP BODS
- Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP BW
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and Power Point
- SAP Business
- SAP HANA
Sr. SAP BO Developer
Confidential, Sacramento, California
- Interacted with Business Analysts, translated business requirements into mock up reports which helped support the In Home Supportive Services(IHSS) programs administered by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) & Adult Programs Division (APD).
- Experience in designing, implementing, testing and maintaining of Business Objects Crystal Reports having Parameter/Formula Fields, Grouping and Sub reports.
- Experience in developing Adhoc reports using WebI.
- Created derived tables with SQL logic to fetch the data from IBM DB2 database in Universe design tool.
- Working knowledge of Version Control & Configuration management.
Environment: WEBI 4.1, Crystal Reports 2013, UDT (Universe Design Tool), Toad for IBM DB2
Sr SAP BI Technical Analyst
- Lead a team of 7 people as a Technical Finance BI Production Support Lead.
- Interacted directly with users/Business Process Analysts across countries to understand the priority of the technical issues raised and provided quick issue resolution.
- Monitored BW process chains and improvised the existing design to optimize data load times and end-user data access response times.
- Enhanced standard & created generic data sources in R/3.
- Coordinated changes to BW/IP solutions, BEx queries through effective participation in change control processes.
- Worked on HPSM and Service Now Incident management tool.
- Analyzed/modified SQL queries in Crystal Reports 2013.
- Managed changes to Business Objects Web Intelligence 4.1 reports - UDT & WebI using advanced features like hyperlinks, ranking, input controls, merge dimensions, alerts, filters, prompts, sorting, break and sections.
- Involved in performance tuning of queries by maintaining BI Index, rollup and change of BW Accelerator.
- Good understanding of LIS and CO-PA extraction.
- Proactively identified potential data issues and rectified them before the start of client’s business hours across countries.
Environment: SAP BW 3.1/7.4, ECC 6.0, ABAP, BEx Analyzer, BEx Query designer, WAD, WEBI 4.1, Crystal Reports 2013, UDT (Universe Design Tool), BI Integrated Planning, BODS 4.1.
Sr SAP BO/BW Developer
- Designed and developed end to end BW models involving Data Extraction from SAP BFC using BODS, Data Modeling which included creating Info Objects, Info Cubes, DSO, Multiproviders, Info Sources, Master data, Open hub, Data Transfer Process, ABAP code based transformations, Data Loading, Reporting, Scheduling, Monitoring, and Performance Tuning of SAP BW Data Models for global financial reporting purposes.
- Developed queries on Multiproviders, filters, CKF’s, RKF’s, variables, prompts, formulas, exceptions in Bex and also used customer exits as per client requirements.
- Enhanced existing BW solutions to deliver multiple change requests.
- Involved in testing of the Business Objects reports migrated from 3.1 to 4.1 for various functionalities. Worked on Universe Design Tool, connections to BEx queries, imported/exported the Universes to repository.
- Experience working on BO reports using features like hyperlinks, ranking, input controls, merge dimensions, alerts, filters, prompts, sorting, break, sections and waterfall charts.
- Sound understanding of types of connections, Joins, functions, resolving loops using aliases and contexts, Information Design Tool.
- Performed unit and integration testing, provided support to the client during user testing for effective resolution of issues and handling of requirement changes.
- Managed smooth transition to production environment ensuring proper documentation, post go-live support and handover to support team.
Environment: SAP BW 7.3, ECC 6.0, ABAP, BEx Analyzer, BEx Query designer, WAD, WEBI 4.1, UDT (Universe Design Tool), BODS 4.1.
SAP BW/BO/IP Developer
- Analyzed the client requirements, designed BEx queries as per requirements for BO WebI reports and translated it into functional requirements & technical requirement specifications document.
- Experience in creating/editing Universe using Universe Designer - defined universe parameters, building the universe structure, working with dimensions, measures, details, derived tables, custom hierarchies for drill down/up purposes.
- Created new connections to Bex Queries and edited existing connections.
- Developed multiple Web Intelligence Documents by creating multiple BO queries connected to different universes, worked with formulas and variables, restricted data from query, Built WebI reports with different functionalities like alerts, sections, filters, prompts, sorting, break, input controls, merge dimension and ranking.
- Performance analysis of WebI reports - deciding BO query split/ pack split suggesting various ways of optimizing performance. Handled User Acceptance Testing for the WebI report developed and timely resolution of issues. Provided post go-live support and also ensured proper documentation of the solution.
Environment: BEx Query designer, Business Objects 3.1 - Web Intelligence and Universe Designer.
- Involved in analyzing and translating client requirements into a feasible technical design.
- Experience working on real time info cubes.
- Experience working on Planning Modeler which includes the objects - Aggregation levels, Characteristic relationships, Data slices, planning functions, planning sequences, Filters, Variables and lock management.
- Defined input-ready queries using Bex Query Designer.
- Built planning applications using Bex Analyzer that support both manual and automatic data entry and changes to data.
- Built BI objects such as Info objects, Info cubes, Master Data, ABAP code based transformations, ODS, Process Chains, User exits, BADI.
- Performed Unit, Integration testing, handled User Acceptance testing, successfully transported the solution to production, provided post go-live support and handed over successfully to the support team.
Environment: SAP BW 7.0/7.3, ABAP, Bex Analyzer, Bex Query designer, BI Integrated Planning.