- Confidential is Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect working in SAP BW service line for more than eleven years of combined IT experience serving Manufacturing, Chemical, Finance, Utilities, and Engineering industries.
- His tenure in the industry delivering SAP BW/BI service has afforded him involvement in several full life cycle SAP implementations.
- He has conducted GAP analysis workshops, finalize requirements, planning, implementation & hyper - care support.
- He also mentored, trained junior colleagues of the team, He worked in BusinessObjects Web Intelligence reports and Dashboards.
- He has experience in HANA SPS09, BPC 10.0, IP (Integrated Planning), SEM-BPS.
- Confidential ’s SAP BW/BI expertise includes extraction, logistic cockpit, modeling, reporting and data integration.
- He is having good functional knowledge in FI, SD, MM, PP. Blueprinting, Handling workshops, Record to report initiatives, ad-hoc reporting, complex modeling, activating and enhancing business content, implementing end to end BW/BOBJ solutions are included in his practical experience.
- Used query monitor, aggregates, BW statistics for performance needs.
- Used queries, workbooks, roles and proactively monitored BW system with above capabilities.
- He is capable of handling complex ABAP, BADI in ETL, Modeling & Reporting layers.
SAP BW: BW 7.4, BW 7.0, BW 3.5, ECC 6.0, BWA FI, CO, MM, SD, PP, CRM 5.0, TM 9.0, SRM, xEM, EWM, GTS, HANA SP09, SAP Data Services, SLT, Lumira, BPC 7.5, SEM-BPS, BW Reports, LSA++, HybridProvider, RDA, SPO, InfoCube, InfoSource, InfoObject, DSO, InfoSet, DataMart, OHS, Transformations, Update & Transfer rules, Aggregation Level.,AO 2.2, BEx-Analyzer, BEx-Browser, Jump query (RRI), RKF, CKF, Workbook, BI Portal, Web Application Designer, Snapshot reporting, LO Cockpit, COPA Datasource, Generic, Business Content, DataSource Enhancement, User-Exit, Application Process Designer (APD), APO Process Chain, Data load management, Event processing, Reporting agent, BW Statistics DDIC, Functional Module, Reports, BADI, ABAP, CMOD
BW BPC 10.1: ScriptLogic, BADI, Input Forms, Security, Data Access, Task Profiles, Data Manager.
Big Data: Developing Big data solutions using HDFS, YARN, Apache Spark, ScalaSQL, Data streaming and Scala 2.12.3 under Cloudera distribution.
BusinessObjects XI 3.1/4.1: Web Intelligence, Relational Universe, Dashboards, QAAWS, Crystal Reports. Tableau Desktop.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- From the BW BPC technical scope perspective, these requirements translate into several Input Forms, Master and Transactional Data load, Initiating Planning Cycle and Business Process Flow.
- Also, Arriving at Final Approval Plan, Retracting the Plan data back to Operational Systems, Close the Plan Cycle, It includes BPC Models, Dimensions, Data Access & Task Profiles, Input Forms, Data Manager Package, ABAP BADI, Hierarchy Master Data Loads, etc are part of the processes.
- Plan Vs Actual reports were drawn out of AO 2.2 that acts as control reports. Responsible for entire BW objects supporting BPC data models.
- Worked on designing SAP BW Capital Investment Planning data Flows (DSOs, Transformation, and DTPs) on the BW on HANA database Scenarios and imported them to the HANA studio tool. Developed various HANA Models/Views, using non SAP Source system for real time data reporting requirement in Plan Vs Actual reporting.
- Design, build and deploy the provisioning of SAP data into SAP HANA platform to support real time report replacing BW extractors to support real time Plan data acquisition.
- Design, build and maintain virtual data model (SAP HANA views) using SAP HANA Studio. Developed Virtual Provider with BW objects upon HANA Models to use Navigational attributes and Master data related to BW Objects. Responsible for building different Data Models (Attributes, Analytical and Calculation Views) in SAP HANA extracting data from multiple sources.
- Assessed and created HANA models (exposing BW DSO's to Native HANA) in HANA studio and applied the HANA security (Analytic Privileges) to these views to expose out to Tableau for creating dashboards. Involved in tracing HANA SQL statements, Expensive SQL statements, and Performance tracing to improve modelling and execution of SQL statements.
- Utilizing Smart Data Integration (SDI), Smart Data Quality (SDQ) for Realtime Data Provisioning and Cleansing to HANA.
- Developed Composite Provider to combine both data from BW & HANA and designed BEx queries upon these Composite Provider.
- Transported various HANA views to higher landscapes. Worked on Performance Optimizations by using Input Parameters to avoid the performance breakdowns.
- Implementation Landscape comprises of BPC 10.1, Classic, EPM Add-in, BW 7.4, HANA, AO 2.2.
Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect
- SAP BW architecture, plan, implement and maintain.
- He analyzes the company’s reporting needs and translates it to actionable agenda.
- Implemented Overdue Analysis in SAP BW on HANA (BoH) successfully.
- Switched on the Business Function (SFW5) after completing all prerequisites in BW HANA system. Activated SAP HANA Optimized Business Content by turning on the Switch, /IMO/BW CONTENT.
- Defined Schema Mapping, Replicated BKPF, BSAD, BSID tables into HANA for delta replication.
- Activated BW & HANA Information Models. Composite InfoProvider, /IMO/V FIAR01 was activated that pulls data from Staged BW on HANA as well as Real-Time SAP HANA data by executing HANA Information Models. Used RKF, CKF in BEx to avoid double counting Customer line items.
- Used Advanced DSO, /IMO/D FIAR30 (Customer Line Items) to bring data for Composite Provider and /IMO/CMFIAR30 to stage into Corporate Memory.
- Business Finance executes this Overdue Report to adjust Customer credits based on their Overdue and Outstanding payments.
- Open and Cleared Customer Line items based on Key date can split into freely selectable Aging Buckets. As this driver report delivers Account KPIs in Realtime (Business Data as it happens), business can pivot their business strategy in Realtime.
- Gap Analysis, functional and technical feasibility analysis, Business content study and existing design analysis for ‘Activity, Yield and Hours by Resource’ project was taken care of.
- This project entails resource wide reporting such as Process Order, Operation/Phase, Scheduled and Actual dates with quantities as per the date range, BOM In & Out weights, Batch, MRP Controller, Material, Product Hierarchy, et al. It provides business to gauge performance of Resource/Work center to assess its optimal performance.
- Costs associated with manufacturing Titanium Billets in these resources are listed out based on the reports mentioned above.
- Production planning required to gauge the Order outflux in which Overall Blocked Status plays a vital role.
- Order could be blocked due to various reasons such as Credit Worthiness, Billing or Delivery blocks.
- Backlog and Shipments Analysis reporting was enhanced with the said information that enabled the Planning person to envisage the Sales Orders that were about to be cashed out but blocked for various reasons.
- Backlog BusinessObjects Webi report was updated accordingly with the flags.
- Impact analysis was conducted throughout the BW System and changes were carried out from BW dataflow perspective in terms of ECC datasource, ABAP, BW Reports.
- Access control reporting solution was implemented that enables PCC to conduct mandatory SoD checks.
- It lists the Controls, transactions/devices along with roles and their associated users.
- BW as an Enterprise Analytics Solution staged the information from various source systems such as ERP, HR and reported out using BusinessObjects Business Intelligence.
- One another Use case of this project is the proof of concept for analyzing HR information through BW landscape, as it was not a quite successful venture when tried before in Confidential .
- This BusinessObjects Webi solution replaced spreadsheet based dead data reporting that might be not accurate at the time of using when compared to at the time of generating. It is prone to error as it is manual generation. This solution saved thousands of dollars for Confidential in terms of valuable person hours of Business Relationship Manager who generates this spreadsheet containing 10s of tabs. It was delivered on time and under budget.
- Spearheaded in devising the upgrade plan, path and resources.
- H anded out and explained the detailed project plan steps to the project members.
- Created checklist of pre and post steps that needs to be done while upgrading BW environment.
- Created a list of SAP notes needed to be implemented in post upgrade scenario to get rid of various issues that will appear.
- Analyzed the security aspects of Confidential BW landscape to study the prerequisite fitness for 7.31 upgrade.
- Assisted the security team in understanding the Analysis Authorization concept being used in 7.0 environments.
The technical environment is: SAP BW 7.31, 7.0, BW 3.5, ECC 6.0, Tableau, BusinessObjects 3.1.
Confidential, Springfield, MA
- Worked with business owners to capture business requirements and drive functional and technical designs for Confidential, HR & IIF.
- Confidential is the Business Analytics from SAP for Insurance domain that manages the financial assets. IIF is the holder application that processes the insurance information such as policies, agencies, business partners, et al.
- BPS, Integrated Planning Expense planning template was modified to get rid of redundant calculations. Business process flows have been readjusted and remodified.
- HR Compensation Analysis business content has been analysed after the Gap analysis study with the HR team. Content has been enhanced as per the existing practice and implemented. Course of actions in the HR was modified according to best practices suggested by SAP to accommodate the newly implemented Compensation Analysis. Datasource, 0HR PA CM 2 was implemented and enhanced to get to the to-be stage from as-is. RSU5 BADI was used to enhance the datasource with course type.
- Enhanced Accounts Payable datasource 0FI AP 4 for document status and value date. Datasource and extraction structure changes have been carried out. Infocube, DSOs are modeled according to the datasource changes. Data reload in Prod have been with delta init and proper cutover strategy.
- Modeled the BW objects to access the query statistics from standard BW infocubes and RS tables. A database view was created in BW that acted as a base for Generic datasource that pulled necessary information to the enhanced DSOs, InfoCubes.
- Financial Asset Management Module was implemented in R/3 and the respective data flow to BW was implemented. Function module based Generic datasource and its corresponding staging and consolidated layer DSOs, InfoCubes, MultiProviders, Process chains have been modeled.
- Used RSDD TREX INDEX DELETE to drop BIA indexes, RSDDV and process type in process chains to intial fill and build BWA indexes.
- Production issues for the applications running in the daily schedule is being provided. Issues pertaining to the data load and availability of the business critical systems are ensured.
The technical environment comprised of: SAP BW 7.0, BPS, BW 3.5, DB Connect.
Senior Application Consultant
Confidential, Allentown, PA
- Long pending trouble tickets/problem records do get combined to form a RFC. Changes pertaining to FIAR region are getting carried out. Air Products BW reports are based on BEx as well as BusinessObjects that creates the challenge to deliver. Project is in post warranty support period. APO data was being pulled from BW and vice versa. Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning are getting carried out in APO system.
- Logistics cockpit datasources involving in stock initialization and material movements have been enhanced. Historical data was effected with the datasource enhancement changes by not through the traditional setup table init. Production database box was queried by T-SQL and then the resultset was fed to the Inventory cube through flat file datasource. Written 100 lines of T-SQL that query Shipment Tables, VTTK, VTTP.
- Plant Maintenance BW reports were installed from business content and customized reports were created to cater the business requirements.
- Damage analysis notifications bring about the damage codes and the frequency they were occurred.
- Analysis of causes can be viewed in the above query too. QM Infocube, 0QM C09 that fed the data from three Datasources, 2LIS 05 ITEM, 2LIS 17 ITEM, 2LIS 18 ITEM was used to refresh data in the above BW reports.
- The above reports were fed to Web Intellingence,
- Xcelsius reports through Unvierses for interactive and dashboard reports. Query as a web service (QAAWS) was used to feed the Xcelsius through Universes from SAP BW queries. BW variables were used in QAAWS/Universe to minimise the XcelSius resultset to boost the runtime performance.
- Created BPS variables as a regular routine year start task.
- These variables have been transported and deployed in Prod for the regular use. Infocube load behavior has been modified to accommodate the planners with more time to do plan and avoid locking the cubes while actuals loaded from R/3.
- Dropped and rebuild BWA indexes during prodution move.
The technical environment comprised of: SAP BW 7.0, CRM 5.0, SEM-BPS, BusinessObjects XI 3.1 with ECC 6.0.