- Around 8 years of experience in Business Intelligence full client &thin client environment using SAP Business Objects 4.0/XI 3.1/R1/R2/6.5.1/5.0 with Infoview, Launchpad, WebI, WebI Rich Client, DeskI, Central Management Console, Central Configuration Manage, Query as a Web Service, Live Office, Import Wizard and Report Conversion Tool.
- Experience in Dashboards 4.0, Xcelsius 2008/4.5 and Crystal reports 2008/XI/10. In - depth knowledge in creation of Dashboards.
- Expert in handling Data Services and have good knowledge of Data Integrator services.
- Very good understanding of Data warehouse design methodology & concepts, Data Warehousing using EPIC, CLARITY, ETL, FACT Tables, Dimension Tables, OLTP, OLAP, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access 2003/2000/97 , Erwin 4/3.x.
- Experience in using Information design Tool (IDT) for the development of the universes in 4.0 as well as Designer in 3.1.
- Experience in creating complex WebI reports using Crosstab, adding formulas and other complex functionalities.
- Connected SAP Bex Queries and SAP BW Infoprovider to business objects and used it as a data source.
- Proficient in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, System Implementation, Performance Tuning, Testing and Support.
- Expertise in all phases of SDLC like analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation in all sectors.
- Expert in planning, developing, designing, maintaining, updating of Universes and reports.
- Experience in the development of reports using WebI, DeskI, and Web Intelligence rich client.
- Expert in the development of reports using certain features like Slice and dice, Drill, using combined queries.
- Expertise in using data from different sources and to combine them in various scenarios for development of the reports.
- Ability to understand various environments and expert in migrating data from one environment to another environment.
- Unique ability to understand the long term goals of the project and to exploit various resources for the development of the project.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects XI 4.0/3.1/3/R1/R2/6.5.1/6.1b/5.0, SAP BW 7.2, Designer, IDT, Reporter, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Infoview, Launchpad, Broadcast Agent, CMS, CMC, Live Office, Report Conversion Tool, QaaWS, Live office, Dashboards 4.0Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Auditor, Application Foundation 5.x, BO Data Integrator 12.2/11.7.3/11.7.2/6.5 , Crystal reports 2008/XI/10, Dashboard Builder, Bex Query Analyzer, Informatica 8.0/7.1/6.1/5.1.
RDBMS: CLARITY, Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7, MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, DB2, MS-Access.
Languages: Java2, C++, C, VB, SQL.
OS: Sun Solaris UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7.
Servers: WebLogic Application Server 6.1 / 5.1 / 4.5, WebSphere 4.0.2/3.02, TOMCAT 3.2.1.
Tools: Erwin 4.1/4.0, MS Project, Jbuilder4, TOAD 6.5 and SQL Navigator 4.1SQL Management Studio
Confidential, LAKE FOREST, IL
SAP Business Objects Lead/ Developer
- Act as an Onsite lead/ Coordinator for this SAP Business Objects Migration project. Offshore is in India and there are 5 people in offshore and only one person onsite.
- The main challenge of this project is to coordinate between various activities between Onsite and Offshore.
- First Phase in this project is the Assessment Phase. During the Assessment, TCS Onsite and offshore team assess 900 reports which are available in SAP Business Objects 6.5 Environment.
- After assessing all the reports, we submitted the results to Confidential Management.
- Based on the Assessment of the reports, we have identified the reports which are in scope and which are not in scope.
- The main role of Onsite lead is to oversee all the activities of the offshore as well as communicate with Confidential Management during Assessment phase.
- Installation and Configuration of SAP Business Intelligence modules on Dev, prod and QA servers.
- Presented demo session to the Users regarding the usage of the tool and trained users regarding various aspects of the tool.
- After Assessment phase, the next phase is the actual migration of Universes and Reports from SAP BO 6.5 to SAP BI 4.1.
- Migrated Reports from SAP BO 6.5 to SAP BO 3.1 using Import Wizard and from SAP BO 3.1 to SAP BI 4.1 using Report Conversion Tool.
- After Migrating the reports, completed a comprehensive testing of reports in SAP BI 4.1 to check for calculations, format and other features on the report.
- After checking for any discrepancy in the reports and correcting them, Reports are then sent for Validation.
- As Confidential is a regulated industry, all the processes have to be documented thoroughly and should be SAP SOLUTION MANAGER and validated by SQA.
- Extensive training to the end users on the usage of the tools, how to create Ad-hoc reports, gave an overview of new functionalities in Business Objects.
- Main challenge in this project is the coordination between Onsite and offshore teams and to coordinate with the client.
Environment: SAP BO 6.5, SAP BI 4.1, Oracle 11g, Information Design Tool (IDT), Web Intelligence, BI Launch pad, SAP Solution Manager, Report Conversion Tool, Windows 7, Universe Designer.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
SAP Business Objects Consultant
- Installation and configuration of all SAP Business Intelligence modules.
- Develop reports using SAP Business Objects 4.0
- Interact with users and understand the requirements.
- Created Mockup Reports for the Users so that they can visualize the reports and give their feedback.
- Extensive Interaction with End users during the development, Testing and Production phases of the project.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with CAMSTAR (MeS) application, which is the primary application in the Manufacturing industry.
- Processing the data from the CAMSTAR application to suit the business requirements of the User.
- After the Initial phase of Requirements gathering, Built the Universe using IDT (Information Design Tool) during the development phase of the project.
- Used Aliasing and Contexting where necessary in order for them to meet the requirements as well as to fine tune the universe so that Performance of the Universe as a whole is optimized.
- Created objects in the Universe using various formulas and variables as per the requirements of the user.
- In addition to the creation of universes, I also customized and added new tables in the OOB (Out of Box) universes which are already provided by CAMSTAR to suit the requirements of the user.
- Once the universe is done, Developed Reports using Web Intelligence tool. During the development of the reports, had an extensive interaction with the users regarding the progress of the reports and also clarified certain issues with them.
- During the development of the Reports, used different formulas and complex variables so that they precisely meet the requirements of the users.
- During this phase of development, worked with SQL SERVER 2008 in order to validate the data from the database
- After the development of the Reports, worked with the Testing team on fixing the bugs in the reports and making sure the formatting and the other features in the reports are tuned to the requirements of the users.
- Prepared the documentation and any other supporting documents that are needed for the end users.
- Extensive training to the end users on the usage of the tools to view the reports. Gave a PowerPoint presentation on the various reports that are developed as well as on the OOB reports as requested by the end users.
Environment: SAP BO 4.0, SQL SERVER 2008, CAMSTAR (MeS application), Information Design Tool, WEBI, BI Launch Pad, and Windows XP/2007.
Confidential, New Haven, CT
SAP Business Objects Developer Lead
- Experience with Installation and configuration of all SAP Business Intelligence modules.
- Extensive interaction with Business Users on the Business Requirements and on what they need to view on the Dashboards and translated their requirements into reporting solutions
- The purpose of the project was to create Dashboards for the users using Xcelsius 2008 and Dashboards 4.0.
- Worked with data in EPIC (Transactional system for Hospitals) and CLARITY (Database system for Hospitals) and processed them to suit the Business requirements.
- Created NEW tables in Clarity to suit the requirements of the users and also to minimize the limitations of CLARITY database. Exported data fromTEST to PROD.
- As a Team Lead, had extensive overview of how to manage resources and overcome limitations.
- Used SQL SERVER 2008 for validation of data from the database.
- Worked on SAP BO 3.1 Environment for Epic Transactions and SAP BO 4.0 for non-Epic Transactions. Used IDT (Information Design Tool) for the development of Universe in 4.0 environment and Universe Designer(UDT) for 3.0 Environment.
- Created Objects in the universe using various tables and formulas. Checked for loops in the universe and resolved those using Aliases and Contexts.
- Used Tables in CLARITY for the Universes which have no performance issues and used Stored Procedures for the creation of the tables which have performance issues.
- Created WebI reports using various functionalities like Queries, Slice and dice, Master drill down, @Functions and used various formulas.
- Created Mockup dashboards for users to explain the advantages of using dashboards, interface and features.
- Created Complex dashboards where the users can drill down to 3 layers of data (Practice, Department, and Provider).
- Used QaaWS for queries with no issues andwhich can go directly to database and live office for queries which have performance issues.
- Scheduled WebI reports which drive the live office overnight so that the performance of the dashboard increases.
- ExtensivelyTrained users on Dashboards usage. Worked towards smooth transitioning of information to EPIC team at client site (YNHH).
- Worked on various Data warehousing concepts (BW) and implemented them during various phases of the cycles.
- Prepared documentation for Universe and Dashboards for users and technical team.
Environment: SAP BO 4.0/3.1, Dashboards 4.0, Xcelsius 3.1, Universe Designer, Information Design Tool, SQL SERVER 2008, EPIC, CLARITY, RADB,InfoView, Launchpad, QAAWS, Live Office, WebI, Report Conversion Tool.
Confidential, Mechanisburg, PA
Sr. SAP Business Objects developer
- Experience with Installation and Configuration of all SAP Business Objects modules.
- Expert with migration and development of data from SAP Business objects XIR2 to 4.0.
- Created Dashboards using Dashboards 4.0 for various reports and applied various features for the development of the dashboard.
- Experience in using Data Integrator XI R2 for ETL extraction, transformation and loading.
- Created and developed Universes using the Business Objects Designer and connected to the database.
- As a Senior Team member mentored Developers who were involved in developing the Integration process.
- Involved in the migration from version SAP BO XI 3.1 to BO XI 4.0.
- Used Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema extensively in the Projects.
- Used SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 for developing Reports.
- Responsible for creation of the Universe with Classes, Objects and Condition objects.
- Created Contexts and Aliases for resolving Loops in the Universes
- Developed Hierarchies to support drill down reports.
- Used various Data Providers like Freehand SQL and Stored Procedures to extract data from different sources like Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server and tuned the SQL for better performance.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, Cross Tab, Master/Detail and Formulas etc.
- Experience working with OLAP as well as Non OLAP databases.
- Expert in working with EXCEL functions like Vlookup, Aggregations and other functions.
- Created Thin client reports using Web Intelligence 4.0 and extensively used Multi block and chart reports, User defined calculations, Report sorting and filtering etc.
- Set up Aggregate Awareness to enhance the performance of SQL transactions.
- Tested the aggregate awareness to ensure the query is pulling correct level of aggregation.
- Exported the Business Objects reports to WEBI to be viewed by all users on the intranet.
- Extensively involved with end user training in Business Objects Reports.
- Provided extensive support for the users on application usage and trained users in the functionality of the software. Worked as an ADMIN and assigned various access levels to users.
- Based on user requirements, prepared functional and technical documents for the Universes and Reports for future references. Also involved in cross checking Metadata.
Environment: BO XI 4.0/R2, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, BO Designer, SQL Server 2008, WebI, DeskI, XML map, Data Integrator XI R2, SAP BW 7.2, CMC, Infoview, QaaWS, Live Office, Oracle 11g/10g, DB2, Windows 2003 server/XP.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP Business objects developer
- Interacted with the Business Users to analyze the business process and gathered the requirements, made necessary changes to schema objects to fulfill their reporting and business needs.
- Successfully developed Dashboards for convenience of the senior management using Xcelsius 4.5.
- Designed, Developed and Maintained Universes by defining joins, cardinalities between tables applying contexts and alias tables to remove cyclic dependencies
- Developed Crystal reports and WebI reports for generating the reports as per the user needs.
- Used @functions like @select, @where and @prompt function to create prompts which helps the user to select the values dynamically
- Customized the list of values (LOV’s) which helps the end users to select the values.
- Created complex Condition Objects for easy reporting, Aggregate-Aware objects for better performance.
- Exported universes to the Repository for making resources available to the users from various groups.
- Developed Business Objects Universes with classes, objects and condition objects and developed hierarchies to support drill down reports.
- Extensively used the Business Objects functionalities such as Master-Detail, Slice and Dice, Drill Down and Hierarchies for creating reports.
- Worked in creation of multiple universes and document domains for Development, QC and Production Environments.
- Tested all the reports with different scenarios like query balancing, look and feel and formatting of the reports based on the specifications.
- Involved in scheduling of documents monthly, weekly and daily through Broadcast agent console.
- Created various complex reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Extensively involved in creating Crystal Reports using Parameters and Record Selection Formulas to allow the users to filter the Data.
Environment: Business Objects XIR2, Broadcast Agent, ZABO, Infoview, Crystal reports XI, Performance Management, Dashboards, Toad, Erwin, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, Windows 2000, Xcelsius 4.5.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
SAP Business Objects Consultant
- Analyzed the existing OLTP system and designed and managed universes based on the Business Requirements.
- Installed and configured SAP Business Objects XI R2 on Windows 2000 server.
- Involved in Migration and Deployment from version SAP BO 6x to version XI R2 and developed full client WebI reports.
- Responsible for creating Corporate Dashboards and applied the alerts, rules using Dashboard Manager, these Dashboards will provide users a top-level view of key metrics and the ability to drill down from any metric to the operational detail.
- Developed Reports using Crystal Reports depending on the user requirements.
- Designedand developed Universes and reports in BO using SQL Repositories.
- Created complex reports in DeskI using multiple data sources (access, oracle).
- Involved in report bursting of DeskI reports to different users as per their profiles and the privileges given to them.
- Resolved table-linking problems like Chasm traps and Fan traps using Aliases and Contexts.
- Developed Complex Reports that involved multiple data providers, Master/Detail charts, cross tab, bar charts, pie charts, complex variables and calculation contexts to monitor the results with respect to products, region.
- Accessing data from the database using TOAD (running on Oracle 9i client) to cross check the data accuracy and created reports.
- Scheduled Business Objects Documents and Metrics for automatic refresh and to different destinations.
- Maintained and modified existing crystal reports, created new ones and linked them toWebIandDeskI reports to present in the dashboard according to the user needs.
- Provided production support for the existing crystal reports and modified them when needed.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2/6x (CMC, Designer), DeskI, WebI, InfoView, Crystal reports 10, Xcelsius 4.5, BCA (BO Publisher), Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000 Server/XP, Unix, Sun Solaris.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SAP Business Objects Developer
- Worked with the Business Analysts, End Users and Data Modelers for requirements gathering, business analysis, project coordination and testing.
- Designed and developed Universes by defining Joins, Cardinalities between tables.
- Designed & developed several standard Full Client and WebI reports using Slice & Dice and Drill Down functions.
- Created reports with multiple data providers like universes, free hand SQL, XML and Personal Data Files.
- Scheduled reports from the Broadcast Agent Server to only requested users.
- Used Business Objects 6.5.1 version for the generation of the reports
- Used the Import wizard to import existing user accounts, groups, categories, WebI documents, universes, connections and universe restrictions to BO XI environment.
- Created reports using Crystal Enterprise using the existing Universes.
- Developed Performance Management Dashboards to set goals, measure and monitor KPI for Balance Scorecard initiatives.
Environment: Business Objects 6.1(Supervisor, Designer, Reporter), Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports 8.5/XI, MS SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, SQL, Ms-Office, Windows 2000, Windows XP.
- Extracted, transformed, cleansed, and loaded (ETL) Long Range Planning Department data from their legacy RBase system to Oracle and Permit Plan / Advantage.
- Automated manual processes by creating Oracle SQL scripts, PL/SQL cursors, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, mutating table triggers, tables, indexes, views, and constraints.
- These were used to check and correct data entry and automatically update data records to improve the accuracy of data and the speed of the system.
- Created and modified many Oracle control files for data loads.
- Clarified user procedures for best results in their new software.
- Coordinated and conducted weekly project status meetings.
Environment: SQL, Oracle SQL scripts, Windows 98.