- Applications Manager Information Technology
- IT leadership and strategic management experience in a dynamic environment to empower business and deliver tangible value to small and medium - sized entrepreneurial corporations
- Experience in aligning IT responses to strategic business objectives across diverse business strategies and processes in the manufacturing industry
- Adept at managing and prioritizing the project portfolio with competency in SAP
- Experience in global outsourcing, governance, and management
- Experience and competency in master data, governance, and management; data warehouse reporting, data analytics, quality, and SAP reporting
Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Project, Crystal Reports
IT Application Manager
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- With the sudden departure of the IT Director and over fifty percent of the IT staff, stabilized, re-staffed, and refocused the IT Applications team. Realigned resources to mitigate risks (loss of tacit knowledge and business resources) through a combination of cross-training, employee development, hiring, and contracting; filling several business gaps, including SAP access management, master data processing, data quality analysis, SAP reporting, and business systems analysis.
- Established a central data management team, removing application silos and increasing synergy between SAP and Confidential systems
- Developed and managed the 2015 project portfolio based on identified gaps, leadership endorsements, value proposition, available resources, and business engagement levels. Initiated a data governance program, championed implementation of made-to-order strategy, co-developed solution to resolve significant capacity planning and order variance issues in the business, implemented an SAP access management program to reduce license usage and ensure GMP compliance, drove discovery initiatives to scope and cost B2B EDI solutions and evaluate implementation of actuals in SAP. Sponsored the dynamic safety stock initiative that saved the organization an estimated cost of nearly $600,000 in inventory. Sponsored the implementation of purchase requisition workflow in SAP, increasing timeliness, reducing waste, and enabling financial controlling across the organization.
- Streamlined the annual IT budget process and refined budget tools to better align local and corporate (European) reporting requirements. Balanced the IT budget, to meet aggressive corporate controlling requirements.
- Managed the IT expense budget.
- Negotiated a new contract with Rockwell, securing the current Confidential solution for three more years (as mandated by Corporate) and mitigating concerns around vendor support for the aging solution.
- Negotiated a deal with a vendor that offered a savings of $539,000, creating more strategic options for the business.
- Co-championed initiative to virtualize the Confidential database server as part of the disaster recovery and contingency strategy for Confidential .
- Site leadership team member and Confidential representative at Gartner Peer Forum for Enterprise Leaders
SAP Data Quality Analyst
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Master data governance project lead - developed a master data management strategy for the site; developed a master data hub using SharePoint; facilitated business process and functional systems changes related to master data; and drove several data quality clean-up initiatives.
- Data warehouse reporting - site lead for data warehouse reporting, according to corporate requirements; developed and automated daily extraction and posting of data.
- Developed and successfully implemented an SAP demand management solution leveraging existing technology at the site.
- Developed a vendor scorecard solution, drafted and negotiated the statement of work, and coordinated transition activities.
- Value gained: understood the priorities of the business leaders from which the team could develop a project roadmap to fill the gaps. identified business requirements and developed reporting solutions. Intermediate query development experience, minor Smart Forms modification, minor ABAP coding, mass updates, and master data management. Implemented report solutions have saved the company over 300 hours/year of manual report creation and management. identified solution to leverage the LMS self-service functionality.
- Developed and executed the project plan within budget ahead of schedule.
- Site leaders were empowered to enforce training compliance, critical in a 21 CFR Part 11 environment.
IT System Analyst, Project Specialist
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Deployed CDAS on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Developed solutions that allowed the business to reduce technical support from three to one system administrator.
- Developed a knowledge transfer project plan and successfully transferred responsibilities to the business.
- Decommissioned non-essential business applications, saving $8000 of annual licensing cost.
- Developed a self-service and reporting solution for the Technology department in the LIMS application for validation testing.
- Value gained: enabled the reduction of headcount in the sample management group. Streamlining the process significantly reduced manual labor hours for report and label creation and human errors.