A challenging position in Information Technology where I can leverage my management, communication, and analytical skills to provide a competitive advantage through the effective utilization of information technology.
Twenty years of progressively more responsible experience in the Information Technology arena. Strong emphasis in evaluating customer and IT requirements, researching, designing, testing, implementing, installing, maintaining, training, customizing, and documenting cost effective solutions; utilizing commodity software and communication media within a Client\Server environment.
Sr. SAP NetWeaver/Basis Administrator
- Responsible for researching, designing, testing, configuring, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining of all SAP infrastructure components including but not limited to ECC, Portal, BW, BOBJ, Solution Manager, HCM, Web Dispatchers, and TREX. Supporting environments to include HP Unix, LINUX, MS Windows, and Oracle.
- Assists and supports technology infrastructure network engineers in the design, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance and support of all SAP system related server/client hardware and software, storage systems, databbases, security systems, monitoring systems and backing up and recovering systems.
- Functions as the technical lead to lower - lever SAP BASIS staff.
- Provides technical support to technology infrastructure staff involving planning and implementing SAP systems and monitoring, configuring and tuning server, storage hardware and operating systems.
- Installs SAP component software, system upgrades, system updates and third party add-on software.
- Ensures the research, testing and deployment os SAP system upgrades, support packs and patches(Online Support System notes).
- Establishes and maintains connections between SAP component systems.
- Supports all SAP client environments including production, pre-prod, quality assurance, development, sandbox, and training.
- Provides technical advice to functional and development teams on the design, use and performance of application components.
- Creates and adheres to technical policies and procedures to preserve a stable and productive computing environment.
- Responsible for the research, design, testing, configuration, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all SAP application functions: Finance, Budget, Procurement and SRM, Human Resources, Travel, Payroll, ESS, SSS, ADS, Business Intelligence; All prior releases and components have been installed and/or upgraded to new releases, Enhancement Packages, and/or Support Packages.
Integrated Enterprise System Basis Administrator
- Responsible for the following SAP systems: SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5, SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0/BW, SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.1/XI, SRM 5.5, SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0, BIA REL 7.00.55, Linux 2.6, RS4700 TREXAdmin, and Portal 7.0.
- Technical Lead - Successfully upgraded to SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0, installed and configured Maintenance Optimizer, System Landscape, CCMS, Solution Operation, and Upgrade Project Administration.
- Technical Lead - Successfully upgraded to SAP EHP1 for NetWeaver 7.0, BW 7.1, SEM 600, FINBASIS 600, BI-CONT 705
- Strong working knowledge of the technical operation, management, and administration of SAP systems, including: System monitoring, Advanced R/3 administration, Software logistics (transports). Workload analysis (performance)
- Ability to use the SAP on-line support system (OSS).
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform administrative tasks for, server, client, and network operating systems; including Windows(all versions), AIX 7.1, TCP/IP, Oracle 11.2.
- Understanding of application development using the SAP ABAP programming language.
- Knowledge of database administration concepts, including interfaces, backups, error correction, background processing, and archiving.
- Knowledge of information security practices and techniques, including system and network security; and user authentication and authorization.
- Ability to conduct research in order to discover answers to problems that have not been previously documented.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers throughout the project, vendors, and other colleagues and system users.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage time to complete tasks promptly.
- Knowledge of developments and practices in information technology and methodologies in applications and systems analysis and development.
- Knowledge of information technology and systems analysis principles and techniques.
Network Administrator / Analyst
- Designed, supervised, and implemented Infrastructure cutover from a 10MPS LAN (Layer 2) to 100MPS (Layer 3).
- Migrated 6000 users from Novell /Groupwise to NT/2000\Exchange.
- Setup Disaster Recovery for 15 Exchange Servers using CA’s Arcserve 2000 Adv. Edition.
- Setup Email\Paging Notification and automatic ticketing for all Electronic Servers (130) using SNMP for Compaq Insight Manager, CA’s Unicenter TNG, and CA’s Alerter for Backups and Virii.
- Designed and Implemented CA’s Unicenter TNG Advanced Helpdesk software for Confidential
Help Desk Manager
- Implemented standards and streamlined procedures.
- Interviewed, hired, lead, motivated, trained, delegated, and appraised a staff consisting of five on-site Helpdesk Technicians (I & II), 2 Network Administrators off-site, and three off-site Helpdesk Technicians (I & II) supporting seven sites, eight Class C-Nets, eight subnets, 1500 user based LAN\WAN.
- Recognized and solved staff problems by holding and attending staff meetings to discuss existing and potential problems, project status and inform of upgrades.
Senior Operations Specialist
- Assigned work duties, managed work schedules, and evaluated performance for a group of nine interns.
- Provided technical training in this hands-on environment, which gave students the work experience necessary to compete in the job market after graduation.
- Designed, tested, implemented, and installed end-to-end user components.
- Provided Client/Server support for seven hundred 10/100 Ethernet based LAN.
- Provided Netware Administration, designed and installed standard image for client using Novell Application Launcher.
Installation Technician-Team Chief
- Supervised an installation team consisting of 4 members.
- Installed LAN/WAN end-to-end peripheral devices connecting 90 cities throughout the Confidential Entrance Processing Stations.
- Maintained and supported LAN Manager and Novell networks at the Senate and migrated both LANs to Windows NT.
Installation and Maintenance Specialist-Team Chief
- Supervised an installation team consisting of five members.
- Installed and configured bridges, routers, concentrators, transceivers, muxes, lightguides, cryptographic units, and peripheral devices.
- Designed, installed, and maintained network cable pathways and plants; including duct, conduit, panduit, metal flex and innerduct, multi-mode FDDI, Level 5 standard UTP/STP, copper and coaxial cable.
- Applied standard installation practices and appropriate engineering standards (IEEE) for short-notice, high-priority, secure communication requirements in support of vital Confidential operations. Built/integrated file servers and workstations running MS LAN Manager, MS Windows for Workgroups, Banyan Vines, and Windows NT.