- Solution Architect/Manager Supply Chain.
- Has over sixteen years of extensive experience in optimizing and improving supply chain from both strategic and technical points of view.
- More than 6+ years of leadership experience in various roles including Manager, Project Manager, SAP implementation/team lead, test and configuration lead for mid to highly complex projects.
- Strong Global/ Regional/ Site integrated demand & supply planning experience including rolling out processes related to balanced scorecard, business planning, service parts planning, product management, demand management, labor planning, inventory optimization and network management, setting up meeting agenda/ structure, KPIs and organization design.
- Strong shared - services and offshore/onshore/near-shore delivery center development/ management experience for SAP in India, Europe and Brazil.
- Won multiple leadership s in both managerial and technical excellence.
- Multiple full life cycle global implementation/upgrade experience with SAP SCM/APO (DP, SNP, CTM, PPDS, GATP, SNC), SAP ECC 6.0 (MM, PP, SD, QM, WM, PM), SAP BW/BI, SAP PI, SAP Solution Manager in Automotive, CPG, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Sporting Goods, Life Sciences and Telecommunication industries.
- Has a strong al and technical background in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering including Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Total Quality Management, Simulation, Facility Planning & Layout, Method Study and Work Measurement and Computer Aided/Integrated Manufacturing.
Industries: Automotive, CPG, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Sporting Goods, Life Sciences and Telecommunication
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/NT/XP/Vista, Windows 2000, HP-Unix, Mac-OS, MS-DOS, Solaris
Computer Languages: SQL, Java, HTML, Visual Basic, C/C++, Fortran 77
Applications: Terra DS, Terra MIO, Agile, Ortec, PNet, SAP APO DP, SNP, CTM & PP/DS, SCM SNC, SAP SolMan, SAP R/3/ECC PP, SAP R/3/ECC MM, SAP BW, SAP XI/PI, Manugistics, Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, MACOLA, AutoCAD, MatLab, ProE, Qnet, InfoPack, Mercury Test Director, Confidential Ascendant
SAP APO Lead
- Designed the overall APO architecture for DP, SNP and gATP that included complex functionalities like variant configuration in supply planning, multi-level BOM forecasting, supply cost optimizer, aggregate planning and third party processing with the overall goal to reduce raw material cost and improve supply chain efficiency.
- Reviewed the APO design with SAP premium active and embedded team and Accenture APO experts for final check and solution approval.
- Worked with SAP and Accenture team for recommending and successfully proposing APO on HANA as a solution to future performance issues due to high characteristic combination count.
- Completed Fit/GAP analysis for the APO design that included creating WRICEF inventory list and prep for the Functional Design phase.
Confidential, New Jersey
COE Lead Supply Chain
- Worked with Plan, Source, Make and QM stream leads for baseline configuration deliverable as a part of the Back to Basics global template benchmarking. This template identified Global vs. Local objects and was delivered before time within specifications.
- Completed the Phase I APO Plan team FDS documentation deliverables ahead of schedule with first review design approval from the process stream lead.
- Worked with the process integration team in preparation of Configuration Starter Kit for defining high level structure and guidelines to be used by each streams for executing baseline configuration.
- Worked with Global Dependency and Risks Management teams in identification of cross deployment risks and dependencies along with executable mitigation strategies for parallel deployments.
- Identified common objects (including documentation, configuration and WRICEF development) across 3 deployments that included assignment of common owner and deadlines for managing the objects throughout its lifecycle.
- Worked with Global Managers and Template Owners in defining baseline configuration per streams and ensuring the Global Template version 3 (GT3) versus localization is aligned with respective deployments via. a standardized 70/30 rule.
SCM Solution Architect
- Recommendations provided for long term planning solution along with implementation plan (that included scope, costs, effort and benefits) and APO maturity roadmap (DP and SNP).
- This also included the alignment of the recommendations with S&OP for implementing One Confidential solution for both internal and external planning business model.
- Identified quick win improvements for internal planning business model along with recommendations to phase out flexible planning in ECC with short term solution fixes.
- Completed the final assessment before time and under budget with complete acceptance and approval of the final product by the top Confidential leadership team.
Confidential, New Jersey
Solution Architect/Delivery Manager
- Solution delivery manager and architect for implementing Terra Technologies tool that includes Demand Sensing (DS) and Multi-Enterprise Inventory Optimization (MIO) as a part of the business initiative for reducing inventory and improving customer service levels.
- Worked with ABAP solution architect in designing the data mapping document of both inbound/outbound Terra interfaces with external systems (both SAP and non-SAP) that included designing and validation of the extraction and integration layer.
- Designed the architecture, change management and governance process for the APO parallel landscape as a part of the Terra project.
- Stabilized APO system as part of the Remediation Project by eliminating frequent APO failures leading to company-wide business acceptance and trust in the system.
- Program manager and design architect for multiple mid to small scale enhancement projects utilizing in-house resources and infrastructure, thus eliminating the traditional company-wide de facto of outsourcing complex projects to external contractors.
- Provided sole resolution for SAP supply chain planning and execution break fix issues that were aging for over a year and considered unsolvable by both support and delivery teams.
- Conducted supply chain business forums to socialize, capture and prioritize top tier planning issues that could solve 80% of the problems thus improving business efficiencies and IT customer relations.
- Provided guidance and direction to business analysts for everyday IT and personal issues thus empowering them to be self-independent in work related tasks. This included and mentoring of novice business analysts on APO and SAP in general in order to build the technical expertise in-house.
- Worked with the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team to design the IT integration architecture and standardize processes for Forecast to Stock (F2S) supply chain applications and technologies.
IT SCM Manager
- IT project manager for multi-million dollar implementation of SAP at the LST business unit as a part of the new acquisition transition from Oracle to SAP. Managed a team of 20 IT internal resources, 40 business resources, 5 contractors and 15 off-shore/ near shore resources towards a successfully go-live that was ahead of schedule and with minimum disruption to the business.
- Conducted detailed cost benefit analysis on the development of WRICEF objects in-house vs. external contractors vs. off-shore global competency centers with the objective of on-time delivery without overloading internal IT resources.
- Managed the successful on-time completion of business user with effective initial planning, mobilization of the IT resources and coordination of the logistics & communication that resulted in positive feedback from the CIO office.
- Created and maintained a SAP security master spreadsheet with details on authorizations, user roles and mapping that helped to minimize post go-live security issues and risks.
- Conducted successful UAT testing by coordinating for quality system load of test data, on time delivery of critical development objects, effective transport management of SAP configurations and readiness of business test scripts.
- Worked with multiple business and IT teams to prepare and execute the detailed go-live cutover plan that resulted in a smooth SAP go-live, a day ahead of schedule with no major hypercare issues.
- Provided guidance and support to direct reports in developing their leadership qualities, project management skills and technical capabilities as a part of effective personnel management and organizational independence.
- Provided functional and troubleshooting expertise for resolving key issues during a successful Turku APO go-live that involved deployment of complex shelf life planning functionality using CTM and detailed PP/DS planning.
- Successfully closed 90% of the support issues for the APO global implementation within a span of 1 month that included new enhancements and functional/technical fixes.
- Played multiple roles of a manager, project manager, hands on business analyst, system support and a business liaison by delivering effective business results for every task in every role.
Sr. Business Advisor
- Responsible as a APO team lead to bring the Goodrich Release 5 SCM roll-out to stability after repeated critical job and system failures using six sigma and root cause analysis tools.
- Solution architect for implementation of several business enhancement initiatives and projects involving APO/BW/ECC systems for the existing live sites by leveraging accelerated SAP roadmap.
- Responsible for knowledge management and of the core support and business team members on APO/BW with supply chain integration involving ECC PP/MM/QM and WM.
- Responsible for troubleshooting complex integrated APO architecture and providing sustainable simplified solutions as a part of the COE trouble ticket management.
- Tested complex prototypes that involved integrating GPD (Group, Pegging, Distribution) and parameter effectivity functionality (SAP Aerospace & Defense solution) with APO PP/DS. Complexities included determining parameter effectivity using PP/DS pegging logic and specific custom tables imported via. CIF user exit as the current APO data model did not support parameter efffectivity.
- Resolved both DP and SNP support issues that involved both new business enhancements and fixes to the original solution.
- Designed a solution for transfer of APO forecast to ECC with the subsequent assignment of the forecast to the individual WBS for GPD materials.
- Developed a joint solution with SAP for integrating ECC exception messages with APO planned parts.
- Part of the regression testing team for Release 5 SIS go-live involving multiple global plants with APO GATP functionality.
Confidential, Carlsbad, California
Sr. Principal System Analyst
- Modeled complex business scenarios in APO that included CTM planning with SNP of logo products using planning materials, variant configuration planning of clubs and repetitive manufacturing of balls at the off-shore vendors.
- Resolved various cross functional issues across multiple systems like APO, BW and ECC at different stages of the Balls project implementation. The issues involved both IT and business applications, especially supply chain planning and logistics execution. The quality and timeliness of the effort was highly valued by the Callaway senior leadership.
- Conducted unit testing, knowledge transfer and of core APO implementation team that had both IT and business area representation. Also worked with the business superuser for preparation of the core supply planning and deployment test scripts for the Balls integration testing.
- Deployed SNP background jobs in production after a detailed design documentation and testing phase that spanned across multiple SAP systems. The first weeks run of the end to end chain was successfully executed in production with minimal disruption.
- Deployed cross functional APO security with zero post live issues after a comprehensive design, prototyping and testing phases. The design document was highly regarded by the project management team members that included a field level granularity spanning across ECC, APO DP and APO SNP/CTM systems.
- Resolved two critical show stopper issues for CIF and TLB performance by actively pursuing with SAP on the product error message. The diligence and persistence of the effort was highly appreciated by the senior project management team.
- Actively worked with SAP on different product error messages that lead to several new SAP notes getting created to address the functionality gaps, especially in CTM and SNP areas.
- Key member in resolving major support issues and bringing Balls project to closure, 3 months after go live. Effectively lead and managed support activities during the December time-off period by the APO team with near zero support issues.
- Successfully supported APO DP implementation during the stability phase for clubs, balls and accessories product lines. Responsible for implementation of key post-live functionality add-ons for APO exception management process, automatic CIF integration, livecache proportion management among others.
- Project manager for the successful go-live of the China/Korea collaboration project for the Asian subsidiaries. Net requirements for clubs were calculated in BW and redirected to ECC for execution from APO as an interim process to SNP implementation. Thorough testing of the core BW engine, BW user and active management involvement resulted in immediate business acceptance and sign-off, a few months after go-live.
- Managed a successful APO upgrade project for SCM 5.0 from SP04 to SP14 with high recommendations from Callaway IT management.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- Prepared functional specifications involving integration with ECC 6.0, BI/BW 7.0, PI 7.0, SCM 5.1 and SNC webUI systems.
- Provided Basis with detailed SNC and PI system sizing (using Quicksizer) based on the forecasted transactional data load.
- Participated in the SNC 7.0 acceptance testing at SAP Labs with focus of new delta functionality.
- Provided inputs on options available for deployment of webUI vs. Enterprise Portal as supplier front-end.
- Created BPP master list and worked with the on-site landed resource to develop configuration documents and testing strategy as a part of the project deliverables.
- Leveraged the Confidential demo environment to provide client solutions as a part of the gap closure and proof of concept activity.
- Worked with the off-shore Confidential demo support team for patch application and other maintenance activities
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
- Successfully troubleshot and resolved APO CIF and GATP issues the day after a major technical system failure.
- Coordinated with the Confidential off-shore team on on-going support, maintenance and monitoring activities.
- Worked with Confidential Mexico leadership to prepare high level resource management plans for week-end support activities.
- Identified areas of improvement in CIF management and GATP as an initiative by the Confidential leadership to bring stability to the VW supply chain.
- Provided SAP best practice recommendations on CIF and GATP as a part of the long term housekeeping.
- Provided in-depth root cause analysis on key GATP show stoppers that was widely accepted by both Confidential and VW team.
- Phase 0 implementation at a pilot plant included planning in ECC via. a forecast flat file upload into demand management and then releasing to MRP for execution. Phase II implementation involved planning with limited APO DP 4.1 functionality termed “DP Lite” that provided a ramp-up to advanced design in later releases. DP Lite simulated a black box modeling technique with DP forecast being directly transferred to demand management in ECC.
- Release 2 involved full-fledged APO DP implementation with the roll out of the central US distribution center. Configured the complex location realignment process in DP and automatic location determination process in BW and the integration of SAP CRM for sales and marketing data. Also designed end-to-end integrated master data transfer process capability involving ECC, BW and APO. Standard life cycle management functionality was enhanced in APO to align with Rockwell’s new product introduction process. Leveraged standard delivered DP functionality to design the complex configure to order and engineer to order business strategies in APO DP without using SAP delivered CBF functionality. Managed both landed and off-shore resources and coordinated knowledge transfer activities for SAP and other 3rd party vendors.
- “Supply Planning Lite” implementation involved heuristics and rough cut capacity planning in PP/DS with SNP used for user front end alert management. Also involved in complex master/transactional data integration via. CIF (Core-Interface) supporting both the standard and configurable products at Rockwell. Worked on global end state SNP design involving complex PDS super-BOM structure with object dependencies, detailed scheduling board for dispatching & scheduling and stock transports inter/intra plants/Distribution Center’s.
- Prototyped supplier integration process for purchase order and inventory collaboration using SCM SNC 5.1 (Supplier Network Collaboration) to optimize Rockwell’s upstream supply chain. This included end-to-end ECC & SNC data modeling, system(s) configuration and issue resolution involving SNC, XI & ECC landscape. Also coordinated with the off-shore Confidential GBSC support team for application of patches, security management and SNC system upgrade. Worked with APO COE to prepare documentation on Contract Manufacturing Procurement (SNC-CMP) and Supplier Network Inventory (SNC-SNI) as a part of the Confidential knowledge base. Developed a successful SNC demo on-time while also working full-time on the project. Became SNC solution Confidential and SME to several projects/proposals.
- Designed a solution in ECC to forecast prototypes and long lead items using product groups to emulate planning bill of materials. Also responsible for configuring long term planning functionality in ECC to generate long term component forecast for Rockwell vendors using APO forecast as the basis. Designed/configured ECC demand management functionality/consumption logic after the forecast transfer from APO DP.
Senior Business Analyst
- Designed, configured and tested DP back-end planning area objects, user front end planning views, advanced macros, statistical forecast modeling, product lifecycle planning management and various alert management tools.
- Prototyped the Characteristic Based Forecasting (CBF) functionality in APO DP for the highly configurable Confidential products by forecasting at end-item and characteristic level.
- Designed and supported the APO core-interface (CIF) for data integration between APO and ECC on master and transactional data level.
- Developed reporting tools for ad-hoc APO DP and strategic BW reporting for forecast accuracy, annual operating plan (AOP) analysis, and forecast waterfall among others.
- Developed and tested the DP and SNP end-to-end security authorization management for both external (end-user) and internal (COE) customers.
- Coordinated with Confidential India off-shore ABAP development team on various WRICEF's objects for functional/technical specifications.
- Designed, configured, tested and supported the SNP process involving multiple plants and distribution centers as a part of the global roll-out. Setup of planning area objects, planning views, integration with DP/R/3, standard safety stock planning, Deployment and TLB were some of the SNP activities involved.
- Utilized optimization based planning in SNP to model and plan for limited production capacity and throughput bottleneck resources at Confidential plants.
- Also responsible for modeling production master data, SOP, MRP execution run, procurement (purchasing and production) order management and shop floor scheduling in SAP R/3 PP.
Senior System Analyst
- Performed gap analysis, analysis, functional design, prototype development, unit testing, production data testing, initial integration testing, final integration testing, stability testing, cutover and coordinated integration with SAP Production Planning (PP-PI), Material Management (MM) and Warehouse Management (WM).
- Responsible for complete master data management for DP, SNP and PP/DS including characteristic value combination, supply chain model, product, PPM, resource, transportation lane and location.
- This included initial and on-going master data transfer via. CIF and initial go-live APO only master data conversion.
- Configured and developed the DP solution involving backend BW infrastructure, planning area objects, front end planning views, advanced DP macros, alert management and statistical forecast.
- Designed and configured the SNP solution involving planning area objects, supply chain setup, master data modeling, integration with DP & PP/DS, SNP heuristics, Deployment and TLB.
- Developed and configured detailed scheduling board to display and solve planning situation involving operations on resources over time. Utilized automated scheduling functions and heuristics in addition to manual scheduling with drag and drop.
- Configured optimization in PP/DS to generate a feasible optimized procurement plan after the infinite heuristics run.
- Utilized campaign heuristics by consolidation of orders into production campaigns for similar products in order to optimize setup costs.
- Responsible for DP BW backend infrastructure design and development, master data management, gap analysis, functional design, prototype development, unit testing, production data testing and key user .
- Utilized SNP to develop a feasible unconstrained mid-term supply plan for the supply chain involving DC's and production plants.
- Configured planning area objects, front end planning views, heuristics planning run setup, advanced SNP macros and publishing of supply plan to SAP R/3.
- Designed and configured static safety stock planning methodology for the Confidential supply chain to safeguard again uncertainty in demand/supply.
- Coordinated integration with SAP BW 2.0, SAP PP 4.6C, and SAP MM 4.6C, and managed a process and productivity improvement project for gun and furniture facilities using tools such as lean manufacturing including Kaizen, Time and Motion Studies, Six Sigma and 5S.
- The SAP PP and MM implementation included SOP, Demand Management, MRP, Capacity Planning, Long Term Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Management and Invoice Verification. Experience also included systems study, business process mapping, configuration, testing & .
Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineer
- Designed multi-million dollar plant layouts using AutoCAD and capacity models, and developed new product cost models and forecast model variance for a manufacturing facility.
- Conducted time and motion studies, initiated new product introduction, designed infrastructure for Class 100 clean rooms including HVAC, implemented process improvements, new material handling techniques and cost and scrap reduction programs.