Expert in SAP Business Objects, SAP HANA, SAP BW and vast experience in Analysis, design and developing efficient cost - effective enterprise solutions.
- Over 14 years of experience in the software industry with various SAP technologies, requirements gathering, System Design, Development, Implementation, Report design, Database Design, Documentation, Training and Technical support.
- Strong experience in developing data models in SAP HANA 1.0
- Extensive experience in Business Objects 4.0/XI 3.1/XIR2/6.x/5.x.
- Very good experience in Business Objects data services (BODS)/Integrator XI/3.2/4.0.
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence concepts & implementation.
- Extensively used Business Objects reporting functionalities such as Master Detail, Slice and Dice, Drilling methodology, Filters, Ranking, Sections, Graphs and Breaks.
- Expert in Universe designing, developing and generating complex, ad hoc, dashboard Reports, Business views, List of values along with User Acceptance Test (UAT) and data accuracy test.
- Strong experience in carrying Functional, Integration, Latency, Performance, reliability testing for various Business Objects Enterprise suit products.
- Proficient in Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.x, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0 , (database triggers, materialized views, Packages, stored procedures, functions, and database constraints), SQL Loader, SQL*Plus, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL and oracle DBMS Packages, oracle supplied utilities
- Self-motivated problem solver with strong knowledge of IT concepts and integrated business applications.
- Exceptional ability to identify and resolve complex system issues using strong analytical and statistical skills.
Business Intelligence: SAP Business Objects 4.0/3.1/XI R2/ 6.5/ 6.1X/ 5.X,Xcelsius, SAP BI 7.0, SAP BW 3.5
Data Modelling: SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 03, SAP HANA Studio, Erwin 3.5.5/ 3.5.2 , Star Schema Modelling, Snowflakes Modelling, FACT & Dimensions.
ETL Tools: Business Objects Data services 4.2, Informatica, SQL Data Transformation Services, Smart Data Access (SAP HANA SPS07)
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/ 9i/ 8i, SQL Server 2000/2005, Ms Access.
Languages: C, Java, C# .Net, PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, CGI Scripting.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows NT, Windows 98/XP
SAP BI & HANA Consultant
Confidential, Plano, TX
Environment: SAP HANA 1.0, SAP BOBI 4.1, SAP BODS 4.2, ABAP/4, SAP BW 7.3
- Create Attribute Views, Analytic Views, and Calculation Views, Functions and Analytical Privileges using SAP HANA Studio.
- Create Data Services Job to populate the data into HANA.
- Creating new Data Store for HANA in SAP Data Services.
- Importing SAP HANA Database Metadata into Data Services.
- Creating a batch job in SAP BO Data Services to extract data from SAP ERP and load it into the SAP HANA Database.
- Create delivery units for data models
- Import Meta data and structures from ERP & BW into HANA.
- Configure & Setup Data Replication using SAP Landscape Transformation ( SLT )
- Activate and Deploy views.
- Export and Import HANA Models.
- End to End process handling
Sr. Business Objects Developer
Confidential, Tulsa, OK
Environment: Business Objects XIR1/XIR2, Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Import Wizard,Migration Wizard, Xcelsius, Live Office, Crystal Reports XI, SQL server 2005.
- Perform an Initial Study of the Current Reporting application, to finalize the data elements required for reporting.
- Managed existing Universes, created Classes, Objects and applied Hierarchies based on Business logic
- Created Repository for BO development, created Universes and Complex Reports.
- Design complex Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports.
- Generated reports for web users using Web Intelligence.
- Formatted the reports as per the business requirements.
- Exported the Universes to the Repository to make resources available to the users for ad-hoc report needs.
- Created Crystal reports using the Universes as the main Data Providers.
- Created Complex Reports using Reporter module in Desktop/Web Intelligence functionalities like Slice and Dice, Drill Down, @Functions, Cross Tabs, Master/Detail, and Formulae.
- Generate pictorial views in the form of 2D, 3D & Pie Charts from existing Reports & Chart Wizard.
- Updated and maintained Universes based on changing user requirements and data source changes.
- Extensively used designer to design various universes for different business groups.
- Created Alerts in various reports according to user requirement.
- Scheduled reports over Info View.
- Involved in Importing/Exporting the Universes to repository to make it available to the users.
- Designed Universe for Ad-hoc reporting.
- Used QAAWS, Live Office Connector to build the Xcelsius Dashboards. Developed and Tested dashboards using Crystal Xcelsius 2008 using Live Office as data source
- Developed universe user documentation guide for the end users reference.
- Experience on migration from Business Objects 6.1 to Business Objects XI3.0.
- Provided training for end users for generating their own report including complicated report.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Environment: Business Objects Data Integrator 11.7.2, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2005, Web Intelligence 6.5, Windows 2003 Server, UNIX
- Participated in Requirement gathering sessions and developed Business Objects Data Integrator XI jobs specifications on Excel sheets based on information acquired from analysis of source data, user requirements and business Rules.
- Created Scripts like starting script and ending script for each job and declaring the variables local and Global Variables.
- Defined separate data store for each database to allow Data Integrator XI to connect to the source or target database.
- Used various transformations like, Map Operation, Table Comparison, Row-Generation, Query and SQL transformation
- Tune the simple and complex transformations in Data Flows.
- Design and developed Data Integrator scripts for data transformation.
- Created, validated and executed jobs to transfer data from source to target.
- Experience in debugging execution errors using Data Integrator logs (trace, statistics and error) and by examining the target data.
- Extensively used Data Services Management Console to Schedule jobs, monitor log file and managing access rights to users
- Used Complex EXCEL formulae v lookup & H LOOKUP to generate complex Dashboards
- Extensively used Data Integrator to cleanse and populate target database.
- Extensively worked with SQL Server applications like SSIS, Stored Procedures, SQL Querying, T-SQL and OLTP.
- Optimized database performance by using shortcut joins. Shortcut joins provide an alternative path between two tables. Shortcut joins can improve query performance by using shorter paths and bypassing intermediate tables
- Developed Internal control reports to validate the ETL load and scheduled it.
- Responsible for Debugging and testing of ETL Jobs using Business Object Data Services.
- Used Business Objects supervisor to create repository, creating and managing the users, giving access permission for Business Objects Reports.
- Tested and Validated BODI ETL Jobs, monitored Daily BODI ETL schedules.
- Performing troubleshooting and providing resolutions to ETL issues.
- Implemented various performance optimization techniques such as Use of Cache, Slicing, Dividing Data in to Sub Dataflow, and Degree of Parallelism (DOP).
- Implemented various error recovery mechanisms to recover missing rows and values in target database.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Slice and Dice, Drill down, Cross Tab, Breaks, Custom Sorts, and Master/Detail and Formulas etc.
Sr.SAP BW Consultant
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Environment: BW 3.5, ECC 5.0, MM (Purchase, Inventory), FI/CO
- Understanding the business and interacting with the end users to collect requirements.
- Involved in designing the Tech Spec Based on the Functional Spec supplied by the business users
- Strong knowledge in building Architecture, Designing, Documenting and Understanding the BW Applications
- Review existing application for potential performance and make adjustments where possible as needed
- Data extraction from AR, AP, GL, Asset Accounting and Cost Center Accounting
- Developed reports on Balance Sheet, Income Sheet and P&L Statement
- Worked on Working Capital report to examine trends in working capital components of the Balance sheet such as A/R, A/P and GL
- Worked and Compared with the R/3 systems in process of daily retail transaction and postings successfully in BW
- Worked on production system to compare and update the system for every 04 hours transaction based on transaction number in BW
- Worked on Data Loads and resolved the data load issues in monitoring the errors Closely during data loads loads and on analyzing the data loads, Volume, periods and queries
- Worked on transport requests and released the request and exporting them from development system to QA system
- Worked on calculated and Restricted Key Figures, structures, variables and Conditions
Business Objects Developer
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Environment: Business Objects 6.x, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SQL Windows NT.
- Constantly worked with Business users to gather, analyze and record requirements/specifications.
- Maintained and modified existing Universes.
- Used various join methods like inner-join, Theta-join, Outer-join in designing Universes.
- Involved in building, testing and tuning simple and complex full client and thin client reports using Business Objects functionalities like Filters, Sorting, Ranking, Alerts, Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, Prompts, Functions, Formula and multiple Data Providers.
- Created Master Detail and Cross Tab reports.
- Worked on the Master, Kernel and Component approach during the linking of Universes.
- Created Web Intelligence documents and published them to corporate documents.
- Formatted reports as per business requirements.
- Participated in testing and production.
- Trained end users in working with Business Objects user module.