- 8+ years of experience in development and implementation of applications Analysis, Coding, Testing and Reporting using SAS on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Proficient in Base SAS/SQL/Macros, SAS BI TOOLS - Enterprise Guide/ DI STUDIO/ Web Report Studio/ OLAP CUBE Studio/ Information Map Studio/ Management Console/ Risk Dimensions.
- Strong SAS programming background for designing and development projects, maintaining and enhancing existing code, ad hoc reporting and supporting the reporting functions.
- Advanced experience includes using Base Procedures, Table lookup with Index Processing, Macro programs and macro variables, Data Step, SQL, Access to SAS servers, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, and PC files, Output Delivery System (ODS), CRM, Data Validation, ETL and Data Cleansing processing to extract internal and external data.
- Use of Formats/Informats including dynamic generation from existing data, FTP, UNIX scripting, and automating processes, Web development with SAS and custom programing generating HTML. Code fixes while Production/ DR deployments and Ad-hoc requirement support.
- Banking & Financial Services Industry specific work experience and Domain knowledge includes Credit Risk Management, Basel Capital Reporting, Detail Data Store model design & Architecture, MIS Reporting for Credit Cards & Mutual Funds, Confidential Reports in Insurance domain.
- Currently handling a SAS application solution END-TO-END in Data Warehousing Architecture as a Lead Developer and Implementation Manager.
- Well conversant in handling both technical & functional tasks such as Live-Implementation management, Handling Change Requests / Business Requirement gathering & Analysis, Driving business calls across multiple channels.
- Providing Business/ Testing support explaining Data Population logics in order to serve a better understanding towards the requirement analysis.
- Cognizant of Complete Software Development Life Cycle and worked & supported projects across SDLC. Provided mentoring to development teams on Programming and Requirement Analysis, handling Project Knowledge Transfer sessions.
- Meticulous & a versatile developer with an ability to quickly grasp, interpret, and render Business Solutions analysis & reports as per the requirement to the client in a clear, concise, and understandable way.
- Have a strong orientation towards learning.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Effective analytical ability with good team skills.
- Hard working, self motivated and focused towards achieving goals.
- Self confident with a strong flair for challenges.
- SAS 9.2/9.1, SAS BI TOOLS - (EG)Enterprise Guide 4.3/4.0, DI Studio 3.4, OLAP CUBE Studio 9.1/9.2, Management Console 9.2, Information Map Studio, SAS Risk Dimensions, TERADATA SQL Assistance 1.2, OBIEE
- MS office Suite- Excel /Power point/ MS-VISIO
- Quality Center 10, Barclays Service Now, Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Oracle, Teradata, SAS Data servers
- UNIX, Windows
Implementation Manager & Lead SAS Developer
- Handling End-to-End Development activities that include: Requirement gathering and Analysis, Coding, Unit Testing, Prepare & Publish Technical Design Documents and Release Notes to migrating codes on to next level.
- Responsible for the Application Release & Solution Live Implementation to Production & DR Environments.
- Live Implementation activities include Preparing Deployment Plans and Walk-through across all Technical, Functional & Business Teams.
- Raising Change Requests & Getting approval from CAB- Change Approval Board for code deployments on Production.
- Handled and successfully updated DDS data model design & Architecture for 2012 Audit purpose, which was last updated in 2004.
Technical Tools: Base SAS, SAS BI TOOLS- (EG)Enterprise Guide, DI Studio, OLAP CUBE Studio
- This project dealt with design & Implementation of SAS application for Confidential bank and involved a rigorous code modifications and developing bank’s own utilities for Assessment of Risk Weights, and Calculating Credit Risk. And developing an ETL solution for the bank cards, in which OLTP data to be screened for Customer Segmentation (Transactor/Revolver/Delinquent), Customer Profiling such as Scoring, Equity & Lifetime value Modeling, Acquisition, Retention and Cross -selling Models.
- Understanding the Business Requirement and analyzing design implications, cascading down the code modifications to the DEV team.
- Developing SAS utilities, Stored processes, Handling code fixes through SAS, EG & CRE engine.
- Developing Macro facilities for re-usable & automated utilities across different data units and for different Reporting periods.
- Handling Reporting procedures in case of change in requirement formats, Ad-hoc reports.
- Developing DI jobs that handle calculations across Credit Risk Engine. Handling data cleansing & data validations, using SQL joins to check and validate data tables that ultimately produce the expected Reports.
- Analyzing and Verifying Data population logics across multiple data stores, in order to provide complacent deliverance to the business.
- Performing Unit Testing of codes before releasing the code-set to Testing environments. Documenting the Code deliverables and Preparing Release Notes for code migrations.
- Providing Technical support for Production jobs in case of live failures, bug fixing and Error handling in logs.
- Developed an end-to-end utility by integrating a Stored-process which Automates intra-day Web reports to get refreshed daily to view the Credit Reports across the clusters.
- Analyzing the requirements of the Business and to provide a Development model and Final Report Expectancy.
- Discussing the BRD (Business Data) requirements and data validations against the existing codes.
- Identifying the codes which require modifications and fixing codes as per the requirements.
- Developing Reporting procedures which reflect the Capital Adequacy against different types of insurance products.
- Effectively communicating and supporting the ad hoc requirements of the business, through analyzing scenarios and to provide management descriptive reports that in turn used for decision making.
- Extract data from different data bases such as OLTP & Flat files and carry out data cleansing, data Transformations & data validations and Load the data into a Target database.
- Developing & testing code for Calculations and Aggregations and provide aggregated data for OLAP Cubes, further generating reports from CUBES and Publish the Reports to Web / Business which are ultimately viewed by the Regulators.