- SAP HANA Certified Consultant with over 12 years experience consulting in Technology, Oil & Gas, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Retail and Telecom Industries.
- 12years of combined End to End experience as a Solutions Architect leading Large BI Implementation teams and coordinating offshore resources from reviewing functional requirements, model design to backend and front end development, testing, deployment and documentation.
- Specialized in data warehouse solutions, data delivery, master data, SAP best practices, ASAP methodology, ABAP, SAP Reporting and ERP tools across multi - operational environments including Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL server, BO/Data Services, Informatica, SAP BW 7.3, SAP HANA and a host of proprietary/wireless industry applications.
- Possess strong functional business process knowledge of FI/CO, Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Inventory, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrated experience in translating business challenges into business requirements including designing, developing and implementing complex SAP BW, Business Objects and SAP HANA solutions.
- Hands-on experience in providing Solution Performance analysis, application tuning and facilitating Super User s to leverage new and existing BI solutions.
- Experienced in providing project planning inputs, including tasks, durations, dependencies, and multi-tasking to manage multiple assignments with multiple priorities to meet concurrent deliverable deadlines.
- Hands on experience in interacting with senior IT and Business Resources; working across business and technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition & systems architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document, track, and deliver Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, design issues and resolutions.
- Strong Production Support experience including Functional Analysis and Technical Troubleshooting at excellent Customer Satisfaction Level.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and soft skills with the ability to deliver relevant, organized, intuitive, and knowledge-appropriate presentations, s and solution recommendations across diverse technical and business audiences.
- 10 years of demonstrated hands-on experience as an SAP BW Lead Consultant and Developer/Analyst with focus on business process improvements in SD, MM, Purchasing, Inventory Management, CO-PA, FI/CO modules and post production support.
- 5 full life cycle implementations with BI upgrade experience from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 and BW 7.01 to BW 7.3. Extensive knowledge of SAP BO 3.1, 4.0 Modeling, System Administration, Security, Configuration, Business Content delivery and Reporting.
- Extensive experience in design, development, test and implementation of suitable system configurations, reports, program codes, and application of technical understanding to very complex technical IT solutions using SAP ECC 6.0 / SAP R3 4.6, Business Explorer Suite, Data Warehousing Workbench /AWB and other relevant software applications.
- Expertise in front-end Business Warehouse tools for creating consolidated income statement and Balance Sheet, Profit in Inventory, Investment in Subs, Cash flow report and various automated validation and reconciliation reports.
- Over 4 years of experience implementing SAP BO (Webi, Xcelsius/Dashboard, Explorer, Crystal Reports, IDT) including a thorough Knowledge of Business Objects integration with SAP BW in BO 3.x and 4.0 environments.
- Strong in Webi report development, Advanced Analysis for Office & OLAP, design and development of Universes.
- Strong, hands on BO technical knowledge with Business Object Suite - Universe Design Tool, Webi and Xcelsius/Dashboard design.
- Strong BO modeling experience, expert knowledge in resolving loop related issues on the Universes, and ability to resolve the Performance Issues related to Business Objects Reports.
- Over 1 year hands-on project experience implementing HANA Solution.
- Experienced in SAP HANA Data Provisioning, Data Modeling using Attribute View, Analytic View, and Calculation View, and programming including SQL and SQL Script.
- Experienced in SAP HANA Administration including managing schemas, data model objects, import/export content and SAP HANA Security including User Management, Roles, and Privilege.
- Experienced in SAP ECC table data model and analysis and integration between multiple systems for reporting - SAP ECC, SAP BW, BOBJ integration, etc.
- 8 years of Functional/technical expertise in implementing SAP FI-CO solution in BW. Configuring General Ledger (GL), Cost Center Accounting (CCA) Profitability Analysis (COPA), AR/AP and financial reconciliation reporting solutions.
- 10 years functional/technical implementation of SAP SCM solution in BW. Configuring Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Inventory Management and purchasing reporting solutions. Experiences encompass both delivered and custom content from requirement gathering to reporting and stabilization post-go live.
BI/BW: BI 7.3, 7.0, 3.5, 3.2, 3.1C, 3.0B, 3.0A
SAP R/3: ECC 6.0, ECC 5.0,ECC 5.0,4.7,4.6C, 4.5B, 4.0B
SAP Modules: FI-CO, SD, MM
BO: BO XI 3.x, BO 4.0, Universe Design Tool, Information Design tool
Reporting Tools: Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, BEx Web, Web Intelligence, Dashboard design, Crystal report, Business Objects Explorer, Analysis for Office
Database: Oracle 10g, SQL server, MS Access, Teradata and DB2
O perating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP/2000/2003/NT 4.0/98/95
Languages: C, C++, VB, SQL, ABAP/4
Applications/Programs: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center, BMC Remedy Action Request System version 7.1
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Environment: SAP BW 7.3, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP HANA, Oracle, Informatica, BO 4.0, BODS, MS SQL Server and Teradata
Sr. BI/BO HANA Solution Architect
- Engineered BI Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions within a mixed platform environment.
- Led architecture and design decisions for SAP HANA and BI implementations.
- Served as Lead Architect leveraging extensive knowledge of Business Objects 3.x/4.0.
- Designed, developed and implemented solution strategies for SAP HANA technologies.
- Handled integration between multiple systems for enterprise-wide BI reporting - (SAP ECC, SAP BW, BOBJ integration, and SAP HANA).
- Involved in planning of SAP BW 7.3 on HANA POC and Implemented SAP HANA solution for marketing analytics.
- Leveraged data from multiple sources to provide near real-time marketing analytics on HANA platform.
- Designed and developed IDT UNX Universe leveraging HANA data models.
- Designed and developed dashboard and Webi reports based on SAP HANA data.
- Configured Business Objects Explorer to leverage SAP HANA universe for data exploration.
- Managed multi-discipline resource teams within high visibility projects.
- Designed SAP BW Architectural solutions and managed the development process.
- Managed SAP BW development, testing and post production support.
- Performed Performance tuning based on design best practices.
- Coordinated SAP BW 7.3 technical upgrade with SAP Basis.
- Facilitated design sessions to develop detail technical BI solutions.
- Provided and managed project schedules to meet project deliverable timelines.
- Tracked project deliverables and reviewed requirements with project stakeholders.
- Managed a team of developers and interacted with multiple functional groups to understand and document business requirements, architect technical solutions, and delivered BI solutions.
- Enforced workflow standards in Architecture and development by developing technical strategy, tactical plan, and documentation templates for implementing data and information delivery solutions.
- Provided team and technical leadership for data and system architecture, and delivered custom software applications in a high pressure environment.
- Delivered Architectural Solution Documents (ASD) and Contextual Architectural Documents (CAD) for non-SAP solutions and Data flow diagram, InfoProvider schema design and report designs for SAP BW solutions.
Confidential, La Jolla, CA
Environment: SAP BW 7.01, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP SPM 2.1, B1 4.0
Lead BI/BO Solution Architect
- Led reporting requirements gathering sessions with client.
- Designed, Developed, tested, and deployed Business Objects dashboards and Webi reports based on user requirements.
- Developed SAP BO 4.0 dashboard using SAP BW as a data source.
- Configured Business Objects Explorer to consume SAP BW data models.
- Worked collaboratively with users during system testing and deployment
- Delivered Spend performance Management solution to business users, giving insight into the organizations global spend.
- Delivered solution based on Contracting, Order Purchasing and Invoicing business processes
- Trained users to utilize new reports.
- Managed daily calls and issues tracking/resolution with SAP.
- Enhanced delivered SPM datasources to meet customer requirements.
- Enhanced delivered functionality of SPM reporting
- Created Master Data generic datasources to enhance reporting functionality.
- Designed and built custom reports which were not delivered by SAP.
- Enhanced delivered reports to meet customer's unique reporting requirement.
- Modified existing SPM BEx queries to achieve customer’s specific reporting requirements.
- Helped client rebuild SPM solution in a newly upgraded BW system after enhancement pack upgrade.
- Enhancement pack upgrade - dual maintenance mode support.
- Performed Unit testing, integration testing and coordinated UAT with business stakeholders.
- Performed data validation and data lineage mapping.
- Led Post production stabilization/support.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP HANA, Oracle, Informatica, BO 4.0, BODS, MS SQL Server, and Teradata.
Sr. BI/BO Solution Architect
- Designed and developed accounting and commission reports including Acquisition and Retention Accounting, Revenue Accounting, Customer Analytics, and Reconciliation reports.
- Worked with Business Analysts to define deliverable requirements.
- Led requirements gathering sessions; design, development, testing, debugging, and deployment of sales, commissions and financial accounting reports.
- Reviewed requirements, identified gaps and coordinated workshops to close gaps and arrive at a detail solution.
- Defined solution architecture, data architecture and generated Data Model that met the requirements needs, wrote specifications, and coordinated BW developers to ensure delivery.
- Led initiatives with teams consisting of technical and business representatives to re-engineer the existing SDLC process for efficient and effective delivery of BI solutions.
- Worked closely with business users and other system solution Architects to understand key performance metrics, analytics, and to make decisions on solution delivery.
- Developed standards, policies and procedures for operational documents - SDLC, RASCI, and Best Practice guidelines.
- Bridged information gap between Business, Architecture and Development teams.
- Led design review sessions.
- Led Joint Application Development sessions (JAD).
Confidential, Houston, TX
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, SAP R/3 3.1H, ECC 6.0
Sr. SAP BW Architect
- Led business process improvement of the Inventory Management processes to reduce redundancy and enhance efficiency.
- Studied “as-is” Inventory Management solution to identify areas for improvement.
- Identified areas for process improvement with the implementation of new ECC system.
- Facilitated requirement elicitation workshops and change management sessions, as well as business process re-design information sessions.
- Presented detailed scope change request for to-be inventory processes before the change review board.
- Created functional requirements; translated to technical requirements and designed a comprehensive solution based on approved to-be processes.
- Designed & delivered a solution framework to meet current Inventory Management needs and proposed future needs.
- Worked with SCM business process team to implement to-be inventory solution in BW.
- Held meetings with key stakeholders and managed client expectations by escalating issues and changes when appropriate.
- Implemented approved scope change request, and minimized risk impact by applying approved workarounds.
- Developed project documents, project deliverables, change requests and issue logs to ensure availability of data for future use.
- Enhanced communication between key stakeholders, and managed changes to project plans and scope.
- Facilitated and participated in several design/development reviews and maintained technical and program documentation using SAP Solution Manager.
- Provided weekly project status updates to stakeholders and management.
- Developed technical solution to deliver daily and monthly inventory tracking.
- Delivered management reports to track monthly inventory performance/variations.
- Performed user acceptance testing with the Super Users and conducted knowledge transfer to end users in the Refinery/Terminal Business Unit.
- Created business value through successful project completion.
Confidential, Rhode Island
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, BI 7.0, SAP R/3 4.6c., ECC 6.0
Sr. SAP BW Consultant
- Led an offshore support team of BW developers on a BW 3.5 support during a global ERP ECC 6.0 consolidation/upgrade project.
- Managed the Delivery Responsibilities of the overall Implementation Scope and Project Plan.
- Supported a global user group of over 1500 users.
- Conducted Effort Estimation and Project Cost Management.
- Led Business Blueprint and Requirement Gathering Sessions with end customer, and translated requirements to technical designs to be managed by Consultants in Offshore team.
- Performed functional feasibility analysis for new Implementation projects, and translated the specifications for Offshore Team.
- Provided team support in terms of /Mentoring and Delivery Management with Status and Escalation Reports, Change Management, and Weekly Conference Calls.
- Supervised the assignment of tasks to team members and reported weekly progress to client.
- Performed root-cause analysis to determine problems; provided solutions and documented the solutions.
- Conducted call maintenance, which included detailed documentation of the progress and the resolution; problem reporting and change control documentation.
- Worked on ROYALTY project to include new company code sales into existing EDW using BOM explosion on assortment packs.
- Supported maintenance/enhancement of Sales and operations planning (S&OP) reports.
- Performed overall system performance tuning and daily process chain monitoring.
- Designed management reports to track Global Net Sales, Global Monthly Spread, Plan/Actual Periods, Analysis - Top N Vendors, Actual Cost Situation, and Analysis- Top N Internal Orders.
Confidential, Houston TX
Environment: SAP BW 3.5, SAP R/3 4.6.Oracle 9.2 Version 7, SAP Net weaver 2004, SAP BW 3.0, SAP R/3 4.6, Logistic cockpit, CO-PA, BEx Analyzer, SAP BW 3.1, SAP R/3 4.6
SAP BW Developer/Analyst
- Analyzed requirements and identified suitable SAP business content objects for SD, FI/CO implementation
- Installed SAP-delivered Infocubes, ODS’s, Multiproviders and other relevant objects to implement proposed business solution.
- Implemented ETL with standard and custom defined LO and FI Extractors such as sales order, delivery, billing information, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Resolved performance related issues using BW statistics, aggregate rollup, attribute change run and process chain monitoring.
- Implemented ETL with CO-PA (cost based) extractors for analyzing the data on various criteria/partitions like cost centers, companies, controlling area, regions to compare cost of sales or overhead costs, product costs using business content.
- Developed data sources for CO-PA, performed extraction and activation of CO-PA published key figure, quickstart and management.
- Developed InfoSources, ODS objects, InfoCubes and developed update rules for the CO-PA InfoCube.
- Maintained custom defined Multiproviders and Infosets based on business requirement.
- Designed Meta Chain to automate master data load, attribute change run, aggregate roll-up and daily data load to InfoCubes.
- Designed and implemented Infospoke using BAdI, customized business content data sources: 0FI GL 4, 0FI AP 4 and 0FI AR 4 and designed Info packages for loading transaction data.
- Designed queries using BW-Reporting Variables, Navigational attributes and Filters.
- Developed workbooks, InfoSet Queries and used RRI jump queries to drill down to other queries and R/3 transactions.
- Analyzed business requirements, performed gap analysis with respect to the data model needs and available SAP business content in FI.
- Developed generic datasources and enhanced delivered datasources to meet user requirements.
- Developed Transfer Rules and Update Rules for Info Sources and Info Cubes: 0FIAP C03, 0FIAR C03.
- Resolved Post-production issues and conducted end user .