- 2+ years experience working in Web technologies WebSphere Commerce coordinating data with other core team members to resolve system issues and implement innovative solutions, Drive integration of core eCommerce technology solutions - WCS,WAS,J2EE, Endeca and Ab Initio batch framework, and peripheral apps/tools, etc
- Senior SAP professional and Database Administrator with 12+ years experience in Database Administration and Software Testing at leading high tech companies.
- Roles included but were not limited to: Global Senior Support Team Lead, SAP Database Administrator, Quality Assurance Engineer Consultant, and Application Programmer/Analyst.
- 6+ years experience of utilizing diverse project management skill-set to effectively lead teams of up to 15 members to both adhere and exceed project plans while supporting strong client relationships and improving team dynamics.
- Consulting on numerous Confidential 500 customer accounts for application and system resource utilization optimization projects requiring advanced skills in reverse engineering and a high aptitude of conducting problem analysis in critical environments.
- ITSO resident on Confidential Redbook Administration Solutions for DB2 UDB for z/OS SG24-6685-00 Redbook, published April 2005.
- 3+ years experience OS/DB migrations and Unicode conversion target platform DB2 Confidential .
- As a DB2 Consultant for both Confidential and Confidential during the past ten years, amassed a great degree of experience in DB2 DPF for Confidential by providing advanced support and quality assurance to many Confidential 500 companies
- Worked throughout career in many versions of DB2, most recently DB2 9.3; familiar with the enhancements to DB2 Version 9.7 such as the introduction of autonomic enhancements as well as the improvements to both performance and scalability.
- Wealth of experience in both performance and tuning obtained at both Confidential and Confidential .
- These tools combined with experience allowed for the performance of system bottleneck analysis, provided recommendations to optimize business processes, system automation, system landscape and protection of investment.
- As a Systems Administrator, frequently had to script processes for automation such as information gathering and monitoring for file systems, applications, processes, paging/swap space, and system load. While technical expertise lies within utilizing ISPF on the mainframe, comfortable with the language necessary to script in Unix/Linux and applied enhancements to customer’s environments to automate their daily processes.
- Working as a Support consultant for the past five years, had to interact with numerous customers of both Confidential and Confidential who required support. Communications typically involved detailed analysis of customer issues, outcomes and recommendations.
- Through the utilization of multidisciplinary skill-set, analyses were conducted from technical departments.
WebSphere Commerce - installation, design, upgrades, administration on WCS 7.0 Coordinated projects and served as technical leadership on infrastructure for project teams. Lead the technical responsibility for the successful deployment for new solution construction, implementation and system integration of WCS e-commerce on various swim lanes for all SDLC environments
SAP - SAP Basis Administration: Transport Management, Support pack updates, SAP sizing
SAP SYSTEM OS/DB Migration - R3Load,R3szchk,R3ldctl,MigMon,MigTime.DistributionMon) R3Setup,SAPInst-R3ta,JLoad,PackageSplitter,OS/DB platform on SAP R/3 4.6C SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Systems
DBMS - DB2 Confidential, DB2 z/OS mainframe, Oracle database
Confidential Mainframe - Support DB2 and IMS applications: Debugging, ISPF, SQL Queries, Tape Management, TSO, MQ Series Administrator, Job Control Language
Quality Assurance - QA Experience writing test scripts, Black box and White box testing, Test plan creation, performing volume/stress testing optimization for applications
Operating Systems Knowledge: z/OS, VM, Windows, AIX, Unix, Linux
Database Knowledge: DB2, Oracle, IMS, SQL Server
Programming Language: REXX, JAVA, JCL, VSAM, TSO, ISPF, SPUFI,QMF, C++, SAS, COBOL II
Transaction Processing Systems: IMS, CICS, MQ Series
System Networking // Application Monitoring: FTP, TCP/IP, VTAM, Netview, FTP,// DB2 PM,CA Wily Introscope, DynaTrace
Library Management: CMVC, SCLM, CA-Endeavor, Change Man, SAP Solution Manager
Other: MS OfficeSuite, Lotus Notes, BMC tools/utilities, ERWIN Modeling tool Microsoft SCOM, Confidential InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management and Optim.Data Studio
- Confidential WebSphere Commerce (WCS 7.) administer, support installations and upgrades on DB2 Unix systems.
- Confidential Worklight administer, support installations and upgrades on DB2, Windows,MySQL and/or Unix systems
- Design, develop and maintain all features for infrastructure Continuous Integration Platform
- Collaborates with Q/A team with data/database change management and integrations of interfaces for all non-production environments
- Tuned J2EE application for performance by analyzing database usage.
Sr. Systems Engineer / Data Steward
Confidential, Austin, Texas
- Confidential WebSphere Commerce (WCS 5.6 /7) administer, support installations and upgrades on DB2 Unix systems.
- Managed the WCS data integration from development to productions for DB2 Documentum and Endeca Integration
- Design, develop and maintain all features in HD.COM Continuous Integration Platform
- Collaborated with Q/A team with data/database change management and integrations of interfaces for all non-production environments
- Tuned J2EE application for performance by analyzing database usage.
- Lead Migration of HD.COM From WebSphere Commerce V5.4 to WebSphereCommere 7.0 for the Technical detailed migration approach plan
- Lead the adoption of automation and scripted application deployment from development to production.
Global Support Consultant
- Monitored and supported customer installations and upgrades on DB2 Unix systems.
- Provided system landscape to improve disaster recovery planning.
- Efficiently executed six project implementations for Unicode system copy / conversion
- 2 full project lifecycle implementations for SAP HCM Payroll modules
Global Senior Support Consultant - Database/ SAP Basis
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Coordinated onsite services as Team Lead for numerous SAP customers for the following technology (Basis / DB2 - z/OS, DB2 Confidential, Oracle)
- SAP Database Administration for DB2/Oracle, performing system sizing for new SAP systems.
- Provided back office support as Global COE Technology member for colleagues.
- System Monitoring and troubleshooting, Transport Management
- Managed services for z/OS and DB2 Confidential to ensure successful safeguarding for DB2 customers.
- Onsite Engagements Services providing quality delivery of SAP services as Basis/database team member for Business Processes Optimization, Volume Test Optimization, Technical Integration Check, Feasibility Check Safeguarding services and customer Escalation.
- Released changes and modifications to the SAP environment.
- Oversaw SAP Basis activities for upgrades, configuration, database administration, system and client copies, system and client refreshes, performance tuning, service packs and monitoring of SAP infrastructure in a complex system landscape.
Staff Software Engineer
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Efficiently executed and recommended new approaches to existing software development processes.
- Supervised group of seven testers for five software tool releases, lead and improved development processes to ensure efficiency by influencing cross-site, cross-organization processes.
- Tested DB2 Utilities/Tools with SAP system for new releases and upgrade compatibility on z/OS systems.
- Tested supported and created backup/recovery systems for DB2 Install, configure, utilize ERP system PeopleSoft on MVS/AIX operating system.
- Team Leader in project planning for testing cycles of tool deliverables/ship dates, Communicate project status working closely with team members within and across departments