Results - oriented and innovative IT professional with a proven track record in guiding both support and project teams to achieve successful implementations and post go-live support of SAP functionality. Range of experience includes 25 years in the Oil and Gas Industry - including 18 years of SAP IS Oil Design and Configuration experience, as well as Information Technology experience in application design, construction, testing, and implementation. A hands-on leader with developed SAP technical skills, an excellent communicator possessing a strong work ethic and also brings a balanced combination of business process skills and technology consulting skills to each job role.
SAP FI/PRA Production Support
- Worked directly with FI-AP & AR Senior Analysts to provide production support for an oil and gas company.
- The role included preparation of technical specifications and testing for development of custom 1099 and 1042 interfaces from PRA and 1042 from SAP FI to the company’s tax application. Assistance was also requested for Confidential, master data processes including Business Partner/Customer/Vendor cockpit, and vendor and customer cleanup.
SAP Application Owner
- Responsible for ensuring SAP production and test clients for major Oil and Gas Corporation are online and available to users.
- Duties include managing server capacity and reliability to ensure readiness as close to 100% as possible.
- Manage system changes, upgrades and projects to minimize conflicts or outages.
- Act as liaison between system users and IT organization to ensure timely and accurate response to service tickets.
Business Process Consultant
- Responsibilities include preparing documents for use in developing Confidential technical, reviewing Confidential master data presentations and providing revision suggestions for the final product.
- Present developed providing “real-life” examples of impact of Confidential configuration settings, options by geographic regions and impact of choices made.
Business Process Consultant and IT Specialist
- Business Process Consultant supporting the Joint Venture module for an Oil and Gas client’s SAP R/3 system.
- Responsibilities include documentation of requirements for the Joint Venture accounting team, completion of system configuration, identification and implementation of system enhancements associated with the Joint Venture module, as well as determination of system modifications necessary for defect resolution.
- Also assisting business end users with resolution of production problems and issues as needed.
- IT Specialist providing support for reports and interfaces associated with various SAP R/3 modules.
- Design, construction, and implementation of SAP R/3 system configuration as well as new interfaces for FI, JV, AR, and AP modules
- Determination of solutions necessary to satisfy reporting requirements and requests
- Participation in project related data conversion activities for new installations
- Liaison between clients, ABAP/4 development team, Interface Architects, and externally contracted consultants for configuration and interface related impacts to production support and enhancement work requests
- ; Problem resolution and addressing of necessary systems fixes when defects with reporting and interfaces are encountered.
- Participated in international installations of SAP JV for Colombia and Canada, for an Oil and Gas client. Responsible for determination of scope, defining of deliverables, identification of gaps, determination of testing requirements.
- Performed Joint Venture process scenario review with user community, including preparation of alternate proposals, estimates, and solutions based on the user feedback.
- Identified resource requirements needed from the Finance and Accounting organization .
- Subject Matter Expert for new various SAP R/3 project implementations - includes providing feedback regarding FI, CO, JV, AR, and AP SAP R/3 configuration issues, as well as input for international installations of SAP JV.
- Successfully contributed to efforts involving off-shoring of US-based positions to satisfy current and anticipated future contract requirements; effort involved creation of associated job role profiles, resume review for potential candidates, interviewing of selected candidates, and providing input to management for determination of candidates for hire.
Business Process Consultant and IT Specialist
- Interface Architect responsible for managing design, construction and implementation of both inbound and outbound FI/JV interfaces for the client’s SAP R/3 system.
- Analyzed business processes to identify value added and cost beneficial enhancements to existing processes, as well as determine appropriate resolutions to address system defects.
- Performed role of JV Team Lead for an SAP Support Pack Upgrade Project.
- Managed deliverables involving the efforts of resources from both IT and Finance and Accounting organizations;
- Accountable for overall testing efforts of associated SAP core processes, reports, and interfaces for the JV module;
- Established targeted completion dates for project deliverables;
- Developed metric spreadsheets to assist the team in managing priorities to ensure testing phases were completed on time and within estimated hours.
Gas Revenue and Expense Accountant
- Directed numerous team projects, including reduction of historical backlog, implementing new computer applications, and developing strategies to minimize conflicts with regulatory agencies.
- Accountable for reporting requirements including the creation of special reports to suffice requirements of Joint Venture partners and various regulatory authorities.
- Business Analyst accounting for gas revenue, material transfer functions, and joint interest billing operations.
- Responsible for master data entry and data analysis to facilitate accurate financial entries