- In my line of experience and professionalism, I have been dedicated and focused.
- My major aim in my field of duty has been prioritizing, completing multiple task simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals.
- Am adept at managing multiple projects with ease using expert time management and efficiency to drive productivity and high level of efficiency for reaching targets and goal.
- 6 years of effective SAP BI/BW experience focusing on four successful Enterprise implementations at a global level.
- Developed processes including ETL analysis, custom coding, data warehouse modeling and delivery of front end reporting reports, metrics and dashboards
- Multiple full - life cycle projects (ASAP methodology) implementations in BW and experience with proven results in meeting reporting requirements, analysis, as well as design, construction and delivery of end user reports.
- 6 years of experience in SAP BI report development using BOBJ reporting tools, BEx Query, and Web Application Designer.
- Strong experience in SQL.
- Experience in BW Security and BW Analysis Authorization.
- 2 year experience as SAP BI Developer team lead.
- Experience in ERP (SAP R/3), working in SD, MM, FI, CO, PM, CRM, IM, HR, SRM and PP modules.
- Experience in designing and development with SAP BW 3.5
- Experience with ABAP development in SAP BI.
- Strong experience with Business Objects.
- Extensive experience in loading huge volume of data into BW. Developed load plans for huge volumes using Company Codes, and number range combinations of R/3 logistics data.
- Hands-on SAP BW technical expertise in developing and enhancing DSOs, Info cubes, Multi Providers, Extractors, Data source and complex transformations.
- Experienced in FIGL, Accounting, Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profitability Analysis.
- Solid knowledge in System Administration, Table storage maintenance, Security, Data Extraction, Data Loading (Full /Delta Up-Load), ETL, Scheduling, Monitoring and Data Modeling.
- Hands on experience in business object 4.0
- Developed the ABAP Code in Start routines, Update rules, and Custom Extractors as per the business logic.
- Activation, enhancements & Installation of Business Content for SRM, SD, FICO, MM, PP, PM.
- OLTP Extraction from SAP R/3 into BW using different extraction structures such as LO, CO-PA, FI-SL and Generic Extractors along with flat file extractions of Data from third party systems using new methodologies like DB Connect, XML uploads and carried out transports to staging and production
- Involved in the production support, Scheduling Start Process and Process Chains of Events, Data source Enhancement, Remote Cubes, Multi Cubes, Data Mart and Open Hub Services, fixing errors and daily ETL Data load (Full/Delta up-load) Monitoring of the BW jobs and designed Process chains for Daily, Weekly, Bi-Monthly and Monthly data loads.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate complex BW technical and functional problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Expertise in Report Generation as per user requirements using BEx/WAD/Business Objects such that the execution time is evenly distributed throughout the report by using free characteristics, Restricted key figures, Calculated key figures, Variables, Exceptions and Conditions
- Developed flexible queries using filters, navigational attributes, variables, Cell Editor in Bex analyzer to facilitate data analysis in a drill down or summarized way to give detail level of information
- Expertise in BW Performance Tuning: Performed tuning measures of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Roll up, Compression, Partition, Process chains, indexing of info cubes and use of statistics for the same. Also, used variety of techniques to boost the performance of BEx Query.
- Involved in translating requirements from the business related to management reporting into specifications for the technical BW team
- Strong working experience as a SAP BW/BI Techno Functional Consultant with a broad knowledge including system landscape & architecture & authorizations.
- Worked on Non SAP Systems Oracle, flat files Using DB Connect, UD Connect and involved in Extraction configuration.
- Creating Portal users and Assigning roles to the users.
- Involved in End User Testing, Training and support. Organizing seminars for end users.
- Good communication skills and ability to manage both team and multiple assignments simultaneously.
SAP: BIW/BI 7.3, 7.0, 3.5, 3.1, & 3.0B, SAP Abap, SAP BW Accelerator
SAP R/3 4.0B, 4.6C, 4.7, 5.0, & 6.0 - LSMW: Data migration, ALE, EDI, and IDOCs, BADIs
Hand on experience with business object tools: WEBI and Dashboards
Teradata SQL, Oracle SQL 3 plus years:
Reporting Tools: Bex suite, WAD, Visual Composer, EP, Crystal Reports.
Functional Modules: SD, MM, FI, CO, PM, AND PP.
Operating systems: Windows NT, Windows 2000/XP, Solaris over UNIX, MS EXCEL.
Internet Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, VBScript, Java Script
SAP BI/BO CONSULTANT
- Developed processes including ETL analysis, custom coding, data warehouse modeling and delivery of front end reporting reports, metrics and dashboards.
- Designed and developed custom Data Sources, Info Sources, Extractors, Info Cubes and DSO'S to fulfill user requirements.
- Designed the data flow for Service Level - Purchase Order Quantities and Purchase Orders.
- As part of the performance tuning created aggregates for info cubes.
- Involved in review for various objects and created test case and test plans in different environments.
- Extensively worked on transporting objects between BW system environments and corresponding SAP R/3.
- Worked with ABAP programmers in creating ABAP codes for Transformation routines.
- Performed Master data and Transaction data extractions (SAP, Non-SAP) and automated the data loads using Process Chains.
- Created Process chains for parallel data loads, and scheduled them at off-peak hours to reduce the system load.
- Analyzed PSA table growth and scheduled weekly PSA and Change Log deletion jobs.
- Universal Design: Universe planning building and implementation, design methodology, development cycle Creating Classes, Objects, schema, store procedures.
- Web Intelligence: Created Advance multiple Reports, Ad hoc query, tables, charts, Complex Filters customized formulas and highly formatted page layouts.
- Xcelsius: Creating chart with visualizing data range, Series, interactive model, map with graphics, Query as a Web Service.
- Crystal Reports: Planned, created formatted reports, multiple groups, Integration with SAP Data Source, manipulation formulas, applying conditions and exporting reports to Excel and Word.
- Deployed BO Reports/Dashboards in SAP Enterprise Portal.
- Connecting BOBJ using SAP and Oracle for reporting extensively worked in INFOVIEW to create Web Intelligence, Desk Intelligence Reports over the Universe Created.
- Experienced in working with Business Explorer (BEx) and publishing the reports on web using Web Reporting tools.
- Used Structures, Calculated key figures, restricted key figures, selection, Formula, exception and conditions.
- Resolved Query Performance issues using transactions such as RSRT and RSRTRACE.
- Developed prototype and presented the demo session for user acceptance.
- Involved in tickets logging regarding extractions, Performance Issues and also load failures.
Confidential, HOUSTON, TEXAS
SAP BI/BO CONSULTANT
- Responsible for developing BW data models and designs, configuring custom and delivered content BW objects, analyzing BW reporting requirements, developing detailed reporting specifications.
- Thorough understanding of the Functional specifications and outstanding issues related to specifications.
- Frequent meeting with the functional team to resolve the outstanding issues and regular updating of functional specifications.
- Responsible for developing High level Data flow and revising the Gap Analysis.
- Worked on extractions from heterogeneous Source System including SAP and non - SAP, Developing SAP BW Objects, applying Extended Star Schema modeling principles in Data Design, and used expert knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- Developed basic cubes and Sales data.
- Built various Multi providers on Premium, claim, Sales, Profitability Cubes.
- Extensively involved in setting up of procedures for extracting data from SAP R/3 by using generic extraction.
- Developed Info sources and Written several routines in Update and transfer rules.
- Developed Info spokes on Premium and Claims Cubes to extract the data so as to correct the data in production system.
- Created extractors to extract CO-PA data for the relevant Operating Concerns from SAP-R/3 into SAP BW and created corresponding Info sources, ODS Objects and Info cube in BW.
- Extensive knowledge in FICO- Finance & Controlling (General Ledger, AR and AP).
- Designed and developed process chains (RSPC) for master data loads and transactional data loads with the help of info packages. And these process chains are scheduled for periodically.
- Extensively worked on setting up authorization objects, roles, transporting them, and involved in testing reports based on various roles.
- Created reporting authorizations and user profile maintenance.
- Daily coordinate with the offshore team to assign the tasks.
- Daily involved in production data loading and monitoring.
- 24/7 production database on call support.
- Created a Process Chain, which deletes the PSA Data based on the Retention Periods.
- Used both initializations with delta update and Full update methods depending on the business requirement.
- Developed queries on Different Infocube Using Bex Analyzer.
- Created several Calculated Key figures, Restricted Key Figures, structures, variables to enhance the reporting features. Implemented conditions and restrictions in the reports based on the requirements.
- Used Hierarchies in the reporting to provide drill down features. Designed and developed reports with filters and free characteristics. Designed and provided RRI reporting.
- Extensively worked on Crystal Reports designer to develop formatted reports and web reports.
- Involved in developing front-end queries using Query Designer and Web Application Designer and publishing results on the web.
- Involved in transporting the BW objects from development system to QA for unit testing and integration testing.
- Managed and monitored several data loads, captured the errors and corrected the bugs and applied several OSS notes for the errors encountered while loading the data.
- Checking the system performance and database size through DB02 and cleansing the PSA Data Accordingly.
- Review the issues that occur during the Loads based on Severity Level.
- Transport the objects from Development to QA for testing.
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6C, 4.7, SAP BW 3.5, 7.0, ABAP/4, BEx Query Designer, WAD, Portals, and Business Areas: FI/CO
SAP BI/BW CONSULTANT
- Responsible for Interacting with the Customer, Understanding Customer business requirements, analysis, technical design, development and testing of various global templates
- Data modeled for G/L line Item Data to get the account balances and transaction figures, which are key data elements for the 'Indirect Vendor Spend Project'.
- Developed a BW data mart for vendor's information, which includes all operating expenses transacted from 2 Legacy R/3 systems.
- Designed two data models for G/L line item, one data flow for standard objects other data flow for custom objects and integrated into BW system. Activated and created the business content objects and custom objects.
- Applied ABAP code to restrict confidential Company Codes, GL Accounts, Vendor numbers, Cost Centers and Chart of Accounts in the standard master and transactional datasources.
- Resolved the 0Vendor Master data issue that is coming from Unicode R/3 System into BW Non - Unicode system using each data record deletion from the PSA.
- Defined the currency manually in the BI system that is coming from two different R/3 source systems.
- Developed custom delta extractor for Order Number.
- Developed reports on Profit and Loss account, Income statement and Balance Sheet.
- Created Variable Exits to show the Invoicing amount of the respecting periods.
- Developed queries based on client requirement.
- Used calculated key figures, formulas, restrictions, conditions, Exceptions in the queries.
- Developed report-to-report interfaces, Published views on web.
- Developed the Process Chain using ABAP code for automated extraction and loading processes based on SAP BW events chain functionality.
- Prepared the documentation on data flow design from two Legacy system, restriction, and filter of data, Data Modeling, Unit Testing, User Training, and Report Designing objects.
- Prepared the Cutover Activities documentation for Go Live.
- Performed Data Load Tuning by analyzing and adjusting, BW Statistics, Indexes, Data Packet Sizing, Number Range Buffering, Aggregates etc.
- Performed Query performance Tuning by analyzing and applying, aggregates, line item dimensions, data compression, Query read Mode, Bit Map Index, Partition a parallel query option.
- Developed documentation, including functional requirements, test cases, test plans, test scripts according company work instructions.
- Involved in postproduction support activities in monitoring the daily data loads, fix report issues, and reconciliation issues.
- Daily Monitoring activities like Analyzing ABAP Dumps, Update Monitoring, Alert Monitors, System Traces, Lock Entries Set Alert Threshold, and Operation modes.
- Developed reports using query designer, BEx analyzer and web application designer.
- Used VBA in Bex analyzer to create formulas.
- Configured use of restricted and calculated key figures in queries, structures, and variables.
- Created conditions, exceptions, and filters for query evaluations, including follow-up actions for mail and reporting agent.
- Worked with Web Application Designer to create different templates.
- Created Query for Technical Project Overview on Infocube.
- Used Report Designer to publish the reports in portal
Environment: Windows XP SAP BI 7.0(NW2004s), SAP R/3 4.7, ABAP/4, and Bex Business Areas: FI-GL, MM. SD.
SAP BI/BW CONSULTANT
- Upgraded from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 Technical Upgrade and Dash Board implementation.
- Interacted with the management and business Decision - makers to identify business requirements. Documented reporting needs of the Business Service and Support Organization and disseminated those requirements into a data warehouse strategy resulting in both operational and analytical reporting.
- Successfully executed the BI Upgrade strategy from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 including Pre-Upgrade and Post Upgrade tasks (collecting system objects, Security).
- Upgrade Activities:
- Involved in the Pre Upgrade Activities (3.5 to BI 2004s).
- Running of Reports for activation of all the Objects.
- Running RSRV for the Consistency Check for Master and Transactional Data.
- Running the Report RSUPGRCHECK Report for Checking the Consistency Check.
- Alpha Conversion Check.
- Involved in the post Upgrade activities (BI 2004s).
- Involved in the Base Line Testing
- Migrated Library Items from 3.5 and from 3.5 to 7.0
- Migration of the Web Templates from 3.5 from 7.0.
- Involved in the Pre Upgrade & Post Upgrade Activities for BI Plug-In Upgrade on the R/3 from 2003.1 SP 10 to 2004.1 SP 12
- Emptying the Queues (SM13 & LBWQ) by running the V3 Jobs.
- Deleting the Data from the Set up tables
- Running the Process Chains to fetch Data and Emptying the RSA7.
- Resolved many issues around the Upgrade. Created OSS messages for Upgrade issue.
- Conducted the User Training on the New Bex Features. Installed and configured the BI Admin Cockpit.
- Successfully deployed the New Analysis Authorization.
- Worked closely with the Corporate Consultants in providing Functional Specifications to enhance the current and develop new ODS and InfoCubes.
- Defined Custom Cubes and MultiProviders for the business scenarios along with aggregates.
- Extensively worked in developing Executive Dash Board for presenting reports to the High-level managers, utilized J2EE, Java Script, and VB script technologies for customizing web reports and present the dashboard reports.
- Configured Compensation Management, Organization Management, Time Management.
- Enhanced standard datasources and replicated into BW system.
- Created Custom extractor for Time Management on ZES and Saldo tables.
- Designed custom ODS, CUBES, and created operation and strategic reports in Personnel Management.
- Created detailed reporting on Employee Time Management.
- Developed reports on headcount, comparison of annual salary, staff positions.
- Created Process Chains to automate the data load and data target administration and monitored the processes.
- Performed tuning at data loading, reporting before Go-Live.
- Analyzed performance statistics and recommended improvements.