- 6+ years of experience as SAP FICO and SAP Security consultant including implementations and support projects.
- Worked in Realization, Design, Implementation, Customization, Configuration, Integration, Testing, and Go - Live phases.
- Involved in different phases of life cycle implementation using ASAP methodology AS-IS studies, Fit-GAP analysis, TO-BE process, troubleshooting Production Support and End-user .
- Strong expertise in financial accounting in configuring and testing General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Asset Accounting (A/A).
- Expertise in Controlling (CO) module including Cost center accounting (CCA), Internal Orders (IO), Product costing (CO-PC), Profitability analysis (CO-PA), Profit Center Accounting (CO-PCA) and Material Ledger Actual Costing (CO-ML).
- Experience in SAP Security includes major implementations, creation and modification of ECC, BI, SRM, Solution Manager and Portal Roles satisfying GRC SOD Rules, Authorization Group maintenance of custom tables and programs, creation of custom auth. object/ object class, SU24 maintenance of t-codes etc.
- Cross-functional work with ABAP, Operations, and other teams as necessary to resolve technical and process issues
- Worked on project system implementation focusing mainly on planning, Work in Progress (WIP) allocations, planning, budgeting and WBS elements.
- Worked extensively with MM and SD team for FI/MM and FI/SD integration in most of the implementation.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, Order to Cash (OTC), Procure to Pay (PTP), Automatic Payment Program (APP), LSMW, batch jobs and dunning process. Experienced in designing interfaces, conversion and data mapping programs for data flow to/from existing legacy systems.
- Good knowledge in ABAP debugging techniques to work with user-exits and cross applications.
- Aware of ITIL, ITSM, Development Life Cycle and prepared Estimations, Functional Specifications, Unit test plans for Developments
- Product Costing - Estimation of product costs in integration with PP and MM modules, WIP calculation and variance settlement
- Coordinated cross-functional teams throughout the organization to identify and assess system issue influencing multiple departments. Prepared End User and Documentation material.
- Excellent communication, team building and project management skills. Skilled data analysis and preparing reports that are crucial to senior management, strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Extensive experience on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio and SQL.
- Expertise in diverse software engineering practices such as System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile Method in delivering artifacts pertaining to requirement analysis
ERP: SAP R/3, 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0 Versions
SAP: Financial: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable,, Bank
Accounting.: Controlling: Cost Element/Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profitable Analysis, And Product Costing.
Technical: LSMW, ALV Reports, EDI
Office Tools: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Access & MS Visio
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 95/98, 2000/NT/XP, Vista, Windows 7.0
Confidential, Houston, TX
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Designed the business processes using ASAP implementation methodology, collected and analyzed users business requirements, identified and defined areas for improvements, prepared specifications for development, configured, troubleshoot and supported the system users.
- Configured company code which includes configuring the chart of accounts, posting period variant, fiscal year variant, retained earnings account, document types, tolerance groups and financial statement versions.
- Eliminated duplicate inter-company AR/AP postings in cross-company sales orders and ensured that SD billing invoices were posted in FI.
- Analysis (CO-PA), Profit Center Accounting (CO-PCA) and Material Ledger Actual Costing (CO-ML).
- Configured Bank Master Data, House Banks, EDI, GL accounts for each bank account and Reconciliation accounts for vendors, customers and assets.
- Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Accounts Payable (FI-AP) and vendor master data uploading and maintaining the prerequisites such as creation of account groups, number ranges and Payment configuration etc.
- Analyzed all open items, re-classification of payable/receivables, clearing of goods receipt/invoice receipt, performed reconciliations, profitability allocations by business area.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program for different payment methods like ACH, Wire and Check in AP.
- Responsible for configuring the Dunning program, Interest Calculation on Open Items, Correspondences and Account Statement process, defined the layout and the functional specifications for creating dunning letters which will have the ability to be both mailed and e-mailed.
- Maintained Settings for controlling areas, activating the components/indicators and assigning the company codes and number ranges to controlling areas.
- In Cost Center Accounting (CCA), configured controlling area, standard hierarchy, cost centers, primary cost elements, secondary cost elements, order types, settlement structures and distribution cycles in controlling.
- Setting and creating cost elements, cost centers, Profit Center Product Costing, valuation profiles, field status groups, internal orders for enhancement in functionality and reporting
- Involved in Problem determination which includes determining the point of failure by stepping through the ABAP Code and identifying the problem resolution.
- IDoc extensions were created and implemented in order to handle the exchange of customer-required data that was not available in the SAP delivered IDocs.
- Re-Configuration of Product Costing , including defining settlement profile, Assessment Cycle and distribution. Defining new activity also.
- Performed analysis of trouble tickets reported by users and develops appropriate solutions
- Provided End-User .
Confidential, Detroit, MI
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0
- Activation of New GL Accounting, Define ledger for GL Accounting, Integrating the GL with subcomponents, Document splitting, Segmentation and Parallel Accounting, Controlling Component Transfer postings, Integration with Asset accounting.
- Worked with the client in preparing and loading GL and AP Master Data when the system is migrated from classic GL to NEW GL.
- Configured Accounts payable (A/P) including vendor account groups, number ranges, tolerance groups; uploaded A/P master data.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program for A/P for checks, ACH and wire transfer; created check lots.
- Configuration of Electronic Bank Statement (EBS) and updating/maintaining posting rules for new accounts.
- Worked with the business users, validation, and QA teams during Asset cutover to process the Master data transfer from Legacy into the SAP system.
- Configuration of Product Costing (CO-PC), including defining settlement profile, Assessment Cycle and distribution and various activities.
- Configured A/R including creation of customer account groups, number ranges for A/R, tolerance groups; credit control area, customer credit limits, credit limit groups
- Involved in Unit testing, cross-functional Testing, System Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Planned, conducted meetings on User Acceptance Testing, worked with users regarding concerns during UAT and worked in Agile UAT environment.
- Engaged in Dress rehearsal and cutover activities, worked on Pre Go Live activities and Go Live activities.
- Profit center accounting configuration, setup, Profit center hierarchies, Product Costing, Profitability analysis, Profit center based Balance sheets & P&L statements
- Customized Period end closing functions including overhead costing, interest calculation and result analysis and settlement procedures.
- Prepared month end close and setting up the master data for Allocations (Assessments and Distribution).
- Configuration for Product Costing (CO-PC) which include, Cost Defining and maintaining activities, defining Input & Output/Price setting for Activities
- Defined variance keys, valuation variants for WIP and scrap, target cost versions for variance calculation and result analysis keys, result analysis version, valuation methods, line ids and assignment for work in process (WIP).
- Defined Costing type, valuation variant, date control, quantity structure control, transfer control and variant for defining costing variant in product costing CO-PC
SAP FICO/Security Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Configured the organizational structure from accounting view - Company Code, Chart of Accounts, defined posting keys, maintained field status variants and assign to company code, screen variants for document entry as per business specifications and tested the configuration in various scenarios. Integration between different modules - GL, AP, AR, Bank Ledger, Treasury, CO (CCA, Internal Orders), SD and MM.
- Defined and customized vendor master data - vendor groups, vendor group field status, number ranges, and vendor account groups
- Designed the purchase to pay process (Accounts Payable), configured automatic account assignment, Logistics Invoice Verification, vendor master, payment terms.
- Designed order to cash process (Accounts Receivable), defined payment terms, defined reason codes and accounts for payment differences.
- Interaction with the Business Analysts and end users to get the user requirements and Business process. Preparing required documents providing the design alternatives, created prototypes of the business individuals of the business processes in SAP.
- Helped prepare the design documents, configuration documents, and functional requirement documents for technical developments, unit testing and integration testing.
- Configuration and customization of Company Code, Fiscal Year Variant, Chart of Accounts, Account Groups, Field status variant and assignments etc.,
- Generation of reports through ABAP Query for Vendor and Customers.
- Working with clients and handling issues with onsite manager clarifications / confirmations and approvals.
- Preparation of the month end process and year end process and financial closure.
- Providing to the end users in SAP-FI/CO modules and prepared material.
- Analyzed and documented As-Is model and To-Be model.
- Configured new company codes, Inter-company code assignments & processing and Inter-company Transport Orders.
- Integrating/Configuring Intercom any Processing, MM (Logistics), SD and HR Modules with FI and CO.
- Configured Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Edging.
- Gap analysis of clients/sandboxes for further consistent testing and validated custom ABAP/4 programs to ensure delivery of expected results and interacted with end users to analyses testing issues and concerns subsequent to re-organization.
- Configured and Customized the Credit Management (Credit Control Area) to manage the receivables in association with SD team.
- Designed technical specifications for MIS reports. And also worked on preparing design specifications, maintaining and developing new programs; Integration, acceptance testing and Quality assurance; supported on technical documentation and end-user documentation and Courseware. Designed, developed and maintained reports with support from ABAP Team.
- Involved in post go live support and maintained the system.
- Testing of Client/Server environment in SAP FI, MM, SD modules using manual as well as automated tools.
- Involved in documenting Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Procedure using Business requirements document and Functional requirements document of the system Conducted entry validation tests on all the online Applications - both positive and negative Tests.
- Identification of Test data and validation of Test environment.
- Involved in Integration testing (end-to-end Cross-Functional process chain), recording of various tests and stored in the database for reusability.
- Reporting of bugs using custom-made bug tracking tool developed in MS Excel. Monitored the status of bugs until they were sorted out. Made summarized and detailed test reports. As QA Analyst involved in documentation of Integration, Regression & Security testing.
- Creation/modification of users and troubleshooting authorization issues in ECC, BI, HCM, Solution Manager and Portal
- Provided BI Security to five members in the team and acted as the SME for any issues
- Design of new roles, creation/modification of roles for a new company setup by the client
- Update SU24 values based on requirements for the clients
- Lead the Security team on role clean-up activities, taken up as a project to make application-wide roles to be SOD rules compliant in ECC, SRM and PLM systems
- Review and analyze SAP security logs and resolve any errors or issues found in these logs
- Creation of custom transactions and objects to provide the required access to the end users
- User provisioning, role management, password management via Net weaver Identity Management
- Managing authorizations at Service Marketplace
- Transport Management to ensure all the roles and objects are active in the production on-time
- Resolve incident and change requests related to SAP security, including troubleshooting authorization issues