- Twenty - one (21) years of comprehensive IT experience.
- Fifteen (15) years of broad SAP BASIS/NetWeaver experience in diverse environments.
- Performed routine SAP system administration duties including installations, security, patches and upgrades for multiple test, training and development systems.
- Manager and global manager of BASIS administration with emphasis on design and architecture of global SAP BASIS and technical standards.
- Manager of security administration including project management responsibilities.
- Experienced in system architecture review, system builds, preparing and validating build documents, performing post installation activities, systems validation, configuration, go-live and post go-live support.
- Reviewed hardware and software sizing documents.
- Resolved technical configuration issues with vendors.
- Met with management, explained status and adopted strategy to resolve issues to meet critical project deliverables.
- Managed team of ten (10) BASIS members and provided guidance in installation and configuration activities.
- Identified client, transport and backup strategy for SAP systems with development teams and clients.
- Configured CUA and CUP with security team resolving issues with trusted systems.
- Configured and tested IBM Tivoli (TIM and TAM) security configuration tool.
- Prepared and reviewed documentation on system build and post installation activities.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and testing of third party tools.
- Performed SAP license auditing for all SAP systems and submitted audit data to SAP.
- Resolved performance issues with ECC and Portal systems.
- Reviewed EWA reports each month and shared the critical issues with management.
- Planned and executed proactive maintenance based on EWA recommendations.
- Attended weekly status meetings and provided status updates to management.
- Disaster Recovery systems configuration and testing.
- Performed upgrades across the ECC landscape for each roll out.
- Resolved technical issues with production support team and provided guidance on best practices for production support and change management procedures.
- Implemented, administered and supported SAP technical landscapes with goal of providing excellent system reliability, performance, availability and overall systems optimization and best customer satisfaction.
- Weekly status calls with customer and provided status information on work in progress and pending service requests.
- Planned, scheduled and executed system changes successfully as per change management procedures.
- Wrote SOP (standard operating procedures) for standard maintenance activities such as system copies, client copies, kernel patching, DB upgrades, SAP system tuning, applying JAVA patches and resetting PEM alerts.
- Planned, scheduled and executed full life cycle SAP Application and Database upgrades with coordination from OS and DBA teams.
- Reviewed and updated monthly system status reports (EWA reports and IBM standard monthly reports) with recommendations such as tuning profile parameters to improve performance, applying latest kernel patches and support packs.
- Shared updated monthly reports with customer and scheduled/executed proactive maintenance activities upon receiving approval.
- Led continual efforts to monitor and improve SAP system performance, availability and end-user experience.
- Monitored monthly system alerts reports, identified most common/recurring alert and took preventive measures to avoid it occurring again.
- Configured maintenance optimizer, EWA in SOLMAN system and generated service level reports.
- Participated in transport management system redesign project; designed to merge development environments with all dealer environments by creating domain links, redefining transport layers and development classes.
- Analyzed ECC and BW system performance, prepared performance metrics and shared with management.
- Analyzed long running BW data extraction jobs and identified/created missing secondary indexes with BW Admins.
- Trained BW BASIS teams to enhance skills, improve BW system performance and troubleshoot BW load failures.
- Prepared documentation on standard operating procedures for BW/BI.
- Managed BW performance improvement project to improve loading and query performance for all BW environments.
- Turned on query caching to improve query read performance and turned on parallel activation for ODS.
- Provided SAP BASIS services to BW process chains redesign project team.
- Performed BW system architecture and implementation studies using ASAP methodologies.
- Planned and performed BW application upgrades from 3.5b to 7.0.
Project Manager, Senior BASIS Manager, SAP Global Rollout implementations and System Architect.
SAP Skills: Senior BASIS Lead/Manager (ECC, BW, BPC, MDM, APO)
Business/IT Experience: IT Director, PMO, Project Manager, Senior Manager, SAP Global Rollout implementations, System Architect
Software/Languages: IBM Mainframes, HP - 3000 and 9000, AS/400, Novell, DB2/SQL, Focus, Access, All Base, Image, Informix, Cobol, Visual Basic, TSO/ISPF, JCL, CICS, Windows, GUI, VSAM, Lotus, Excel, ABAP (SAP R/3), Dun & Bradstreet (M&D/MSA), SAP (R/3), Walker Interactive, ASK, Computer Associates, JD Edwards, TimeLine, Yourdon & De Marcos Structured Analysis, IEF, Erwin, Foundation, AIX, HP/UX, DOS, OS/MVS, MVS/XA, IBM SP/2, OS/390, MS/SQL
Lead SAP BASIS Manager
- Security upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0.
- Responsible for BW/BI upgrade from 3.5 to BI 7.0.
- Security implementation and global roll-out including ECC, BW/BI, SCM, CRM, SCM, BPC, PI, GRC, GTS, VIRSA, CUP and Solution Manager.
- Responsible for twelve (12) resources onsite and remote.
- Development of policy and procedures for NEA Security team.
- Implementation, support of BPC application for security.
Senior Manager/Project Manager/PMO
- Supported sales effort on new business development pursuits, responsible for proposal and sales presentations for GRC, VIRSA and Security Tools.
- Delivered BASIS and security projects on time, on budget, with quality and high satisfaction.
- System performance assessments and tuning in BW/BI, ECC, CRM, Solution Manager and APO.
- Installed and implemented VIRSA and GRC for compliance calibrator, access enforcer, firefighter and role expert for various clients.
SAP Security Consultant
- Lead for R/3 to ECC6.0 and HCM upgrade and consulting for BW, ECC60, R/3 - 4.6c and HCM modules.
- Installed and implemented VIRSA release 5.2 for compliance calibrator, access enforcer, firefighter and role expert.
- CUA Administration.
- Performed SOX and auditing compliance for GRC.
- Documented security policies and procedures.
- BASIS lead for BW/BI and ECC upgrade.
- Supported SAP ECC5.0 R/3 landscape, sandboxes, development, quality assurance and production.
- Installed and supported BRTools for backups and recoveries.
- Supported SAP Autosys daily, weekly or monthly jobs in production.
- Supported SAP APO, HR, SRM and BW, landscapes, Wyeth.Com portal solution manager as well as all associated SAP related UNIX files and servers.
- Supported Oracle 9.2.07 and 10.2 associated SAP databases.
- Reorganized databases.
- Installed daylight savings time patch across all 100 SAP SID’s.
- Developed work instructions for transports (STMS) and troubleshot BR-backups and archive jobs.
- Supported pack upgrades, FDA and SOX compliance.
- Installed Virsa and firefighter for security.
Hardware: HP-UX and Titanium Servers.
Environment: s supported: ECC5.0, NW2004, SP14, BW7.0/SEM 3.5, NW2004s, 7.00 SP09, SCM(APO) 4.0, 620/SP48, SRM (B2B), 5.5 7.00/SP09, HR, R/3 Ent 4.7-200, 6.20 SP60, WebAS 6.40/SP14, Workplace 2.11, 4.6D, WMS, R/3 Ent 4.7-200, 6.20/SP58, Solution Manager 4.0, NW2004s, 7.00/SP09, TREX HR Search, Enterprise Portal 7.00/SP07 - CI, SDM, Wyeth.Com Portals: Enterprise Portals 6.40/SP16 - CI, SDM, J2EE Systems: WAS - J2EE 6.40/SP14, Solution Manager J2EE 7.00/SP09.
Global Security Consultant
- SAP R/3 BASIS and BW BASIS Administration SAP R/3 system performance tuning in R/3 4.6C and Enterprise Portal.
- Project Lead on SAP BW 3.0, 3.2 and 3.5, with SRM, and Solution Manager 4.0.
- IBM AIX/DB2 and Windows NT/SQL Server. SAPDB, ITS, GTS 3.1.
- Implementation of Business Warehouse (BW) Security and current 4.0 to 4.6c migration project with security.
- Installed support packs.
- ABAP and Crystal development with APO and BW for customized reporting.
- SAP BASIS upgrade from 4.0 to 4.6c.including all delta changes on all boxes, development, test, production and Q&A. ECC5.0.
- BW Upgrades - 3.0B to 3.5 with 3.2 content and WAS SAP 6.20, SEM 3.20.
- APO Upgrades - 3.0A to 4.1.
- Enterprise Portal 6.0 and NetWeaver.
BASIS Administrator and Security Consultant
- BASIS administrator and security for SAP implementation from 3.1h to 4.6c including all core functional modules with exception of HR and PS.
- Performed project planning, FDA compliance standards (CFR/11), training, analysis, design and implementation of global standards for parent and subsidiaries.
BASIS Administrator and Security Team Lead
- BASIS administrator and security team lead for implementation of BW 3.1 and SAP 4.6c including all functional modules.
- BW security and HR security strategy.
Security Team Lead
- Security Team Lead for SAP R/3 4.6C implementation, HR security and overall security plan, conception and design for phase 2 of the project.
- Defined security standards for SAP ABAP custom Z-Transactions in HR and SAP security.
Security Team Lead
- Security team lead for SAP R/3 3.1H and 4.6C, HR security controlling and administration.
- Supported all SAP security issues for SAP environments and all lines of business including HR security.
- Handled profile generation, activity groups, infotypes, organizational structure changes and upgrade issues from 3.1H to 4.6C.
Lead SAP BASIS Administrator
- Lead SAP BASIS administrator responsible for HP-UX and Compaq environments including SAP security.
- Full lifecycle implementation using ASAP methodology.
- SAP R/3 version 4.6C with MS-SQL Server.
- Installed SAP R/3 CDs and developed landscapes (globally distributed multiple production environments).
- STMS configuration, performance tuning (SQL traces, system traces, profile tuning) CCMS configuration, and upgrades (including SPAU and SPDD resolution) output management strategy using third party OMS tool such as Dazel.
- Oracle and UNIX upgrades with SAP, SAP installation, Kernel upgrades and patches.
- SAP database administration for Oracle (backup/recovery with SAPDBA and BACKINT interface to BMC, HP Open View).
- Web enablement with mySAP.com, workplace, components and core for a global rollout.
- Installed support packs.
- Supported BW 3.1 with SEM.
- ABAP and Crystal development with APO and BW for customized reporting.
- SAP BASIS upgrade from 3.1h to 4.6c including delta changes on boxes, development, test, production and Q&A.
- BW upgrades 3.0B to 3.1 with 3.2 content and WAS 6.20, SEM 3.20.
- Responsible for security design and conception, ABAP development for features function within HR module, and development of testing scripts and configuration.
- ABAP report development and global rollout.
- Responsible for BW and HR install of FCS support package.
- Applied BW patches (BC-UPG-OCS) and developed transfer structures for BW to HR module.
SAP R/3 BASIS Administrator
- Performed dual roles of BASIS Lead and project manager.
- Responsible for technical team of seven (7) including UNIX administration and infrastructure administration.
- Handled SAP BASIS issues on release 4.0B and 4.5B.
- Installed KM, InfoDB on SUN Solaris, HP-UX Server, built sandbox environment, supported ABAP developers and performed HR security admin role.
- Performed BASIS knowledge transfer to functional team members.
- Developed disaster recovery plan and help desk procedures for IT department.
- Environment is HP-UX, SUN Solaris, Oracle, AP R/3, Rel. 4.0B and Rel. 4.5B for Knowledge Management, InfoDB and Sandbox.
- Developed transfer structures transferring data from self-defined LIS structures into BW module.
- Implemented ITS (Information Transaction Server).
- SAP BASIS upgrade from 2.2 to 4.6 including delta changes on all boxes, development, test, production and Q&A.
- HR security administration and profile generation.
- Loaded InfoCubes and remote cubes for use with BAPIs in BW.
- Developed BW extractions for loading of data into BW administrator workbench.
BASIS Administrator Manager
- Responsible for project team of seven (7).
- Responsible for upgrades from release 3.0F to 4.0B on all boxes.
- Installed and supported third party tools, Omni Back, PerfView, Insite, ASAP, LivModel, Mercury Interactive.
- Archived three (3) tier landscape architecture.
- Hardware configuration.
- Security and HR security administration.
- Cash and credit management interface systems to SAP R/3.
- Development with headquarters in Germany.
- Provided general expertise and project management.
- Upgrades from release 3.0I and 3.0H to 4.0B to 4.5B on all boxes.
- Performance tuning, HR security administration, client and system administration, CTS and OSS note administration.
- Deployed SAP R/3 in HP/UX environment using Oracle as DBMS.
- Installed and upgraded MSAs IE-94.01 to IE-96.01.
- Installed SmartStream for Accounts Payables, HR and General Ledger.
- Built material and bill of material ledger.
- Converted and implemented purchase orders, vendors, and material master from legacy systems to SAP R/3.
- Legacy system interfaces to SAP R/3 for meters and transformers.