- Over 14 years experience in the IT industry, with over 12 years diversified experience in SAP BI/BW with an emphasis on analysis, design and development of business applications in SAP environment.
- Played a key role in Business Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Design, Application Integration, Development and Testing. Successfully customized modules based on business needs and requirements
- Actively participated in Joint Application Development and significantly contributed to user interaction among the technical and business management teams
- Expertise in Business Warehouse Components Extractors, InfoObjects, InfoSources, ODS/DSO Objects, InfoCubes, Update Rules, Transfer Rules Transformation, DTP and InfoPackages
- Expertise working with SAP BW Administrator Workbench and SAP BI Data Warehousing Workbench.
- Technical - Functional consultant, proficient in customization and implementation of SAP BI/BW in versions (3.1C / 3.5 / 7.3 / NetWeaver 2004/2004s, R/3 (4.6C), and ECC 5.0/6.0
- Proficient in Installing and activating Business Contents
- Worked as BI/BW Contractor and as a Consultant, Functional Analyst and a Module Leader.
- Conceptually very strong in Data Warehouse, Database, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Effective in executing multiple tasks and assignments ahead of schedule and under budget
- Experience in Design and Development of Reports and Queries using BEx Analyzer and BEx Explorer.
- Proficient in creating stored procedures, triggers, functions and packages in Oracle and SQL and PL/SQL
- Excellent Communication Skills and Coordinated Training for End-Users and handled On Call Support to solve day-to-day BI related issues and reporting requirements.
- Very skillful in handling of Data Modeling, Customizing, Data Loading, Data Extraction, Scheduling and Monitoring of BI components
- Team management skills, both offshore and onshore
- Worked in a team lead in a Global Production Support environment
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Very skillful in Finance Modules (FI/CO) and Logistics Modules of SAP.
- Played a vital key role in Business Objects (Spend Performance Management) installation and customization.
- BOBJ - Webi / Dashboard / Crystal Reports
- BOBJ - Analysis Edition for MS Office
- BOBJ - Data Services 4.0
- BPC - Netweaver 7.5 and 10.0 training.
- SAP HANA Certified
Confidential, HARRISBURG, PA
Sr. SAP BW Consultant
- Worked closely with the end users and BA to collect requirements
- Performed data Mapping from source to all Finance data targets to include the new field
- Made changes to existing Start and Field Routines codes to accommodate the new field
- Performed data load to test for Budget Period
- Wrote test cases and test scripts
- Performed unit, integration and user acceptance testing
- Transported all affected BW objects across system landscape
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts in refining the Functional Specifications Documents
- Wrote Functional Specification Documents (FSD)
- Wrote Modular Design Document (MDD) for financial reports
- Wrote Modular Design Document (MDD) for Procurement reports
- Provided all the logics needed for data enhancements and data transformation from SAP ECC to SAP BW
- Mapped data from Oracle legacy system to SAP target system
- Participate in identifying gaps from source system to the target system
- Coordinated test and development team activities with respect to defect resolution management
- Participated in installation of Business Object (Spend Performance Management 3.0)
- Configured Business Object (SPM 3.0)
- Team Lead - IBM AMS Global BW Production Support
- Supported production data loads
- Monitored Process Chain on a daily basis
- Supported user’s workbooks through tickets raised by the help desk
- On call rotation supporting Global BW users
- Manage offshore BW team on a global BW support
- Supported workbook users with different issues
- Built workbooks, MD Reports containing five consolidated reports
- Used V-Lookups and Index to refine reports connected to BW server
- Wrote user manual for running consolidated reports
- Coordinated meetings between offshore and onsite teams on a weekly basis.
- Design of both functional and technical specifications
- Development of Cockpit objects for query analysis
- Wrote and execute UAT
- Data Mapping of legacy reports with SAP report
- Created queries in Query Designer and deployed to the Portal.
- Create CKF and RKF as needed
- Maintain and administer Business Intelligence Accelerator (BIA)
- Maintain Admin Cockpit for better performance of the cubes and queries
- Adopt performance on all queries.
- Day to day interaction with the end users collecting information and to further discuss any issues relating to the query performance
- Designed user’s manual for training.
- Designed a Xcelsius dashboard using corporate excel data and SAP BI query
- Wrote ABAP USER EXITS for enhancement of datasource in ECC
- Wrote START ROUTINES and STANDARD for data manipulation
- Analysis of Hyperion reports
- Data Mapping of legacy reports with SAP report
- Created BeX queries to match Hyperion reports as close a possible
- Create CKF and RKF as needed
- Maintenance of Hierarchies Structures
- Improve performance on all queries on a regular basis.
- Used Query Designer to re-design queries as needed
- Used V-Lookup and Cell Reference for Data Validation in Workbooks
- Conducted Business Fit Gap Analysis on a new NetWeaver 2004s (BI 7.0) implementation.
- Performed migration of the clients Reports from Legacy System to SAP BI.
- Active interactions with the end user on day to day basis to better understand the client’s need and issues.
- Performed Data Mapping from source to target of the replicated Datasource in BI using Transformation.
- Created Queries using the BEx Analyzer and publishing the queries to the user’s role.
- Created Process Chain for BI objects for periodic loads.
- Created InfoCube for replicated DataSource from R/3 and ECC systems
- Experience in SAP related ERP/OLTP and ETL/OLAP systems
- Built Multi-Providers for InfoCubes and a Master Data for the Reporting Analysis.
- Performed Unit and Integrated Testing.
- Validated ECCS Reports - FI, PS, HCM and PM data against BI Master Data and InfoProviders
- Validated PS Budget Planning - Actuals
- In dept Data Validation with the functional consultant and end users.
- Wrote User/Training Manual for the client to use in support of the POST GO-LIFE SUPPORT.
- Created and scheduled InfoPackages for Delta Initialization and Delta Load into InfoCubes via PSA and DSO objects
- Developed custom BEx Queries against InfoCube and ODS objects using BEx Analyzer
- Executed all the required Post Installation steps after completion of Upgrade.
- Developed new BEx Queries, workbooks based on the different InfoProviders
- Organized meetings and sessions for Knowledge Transfer (KT) to the end users
Environment: SAP BW 3.5 / 7.0, ECC 6.0 - R/3 4.7, FI, WAD, BEx Analyzer, Query Designer, BOE XI 3.1, Xcelsius Enterprise 2008
Senior SAP BW ETL & Query Developer
- Analyzed business requirements and translated them into Multi-Dimensional Data Models using star schema
- Involved in the full cycle of development and implementation of SAP BI/BW
- Activated Business Content InfoSources, InfoCubes, Roles, Queries, InfoObjects and customized Business Content to meet business requirements
- Created Multi-Providers for specific queries
- Incorporated transfer rules for InfoCubes and customized update rules
- Extended standard Business Contents based on client requirements
- Created GL and Vendor Transactional InfoCubes for planning purposes
- Worked extensively with Business Content for modified existing Sales and Financial InfoCubes to meet the End-User requirements
- Involved in creation of Datasource, InfoSources, PSA for Data extraction, transformation and loading from SAP R/3 system to SAP BI/BW
- Designed a Multi-Providers from the existing basic GL and Vendor cubes for reporting purposes
Environment: SAP BW 3.1, SAP R/3 4.6C, ECC 5.0, BEx Analyzer, Query Designer