- Around 5+ years of experience in IT in Business Objects (xiR3.2/ xIR2/ 6.x) Enterprise Suite (Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Central Management Console (CMC), Central Configuration Manger, Central Management Server, Infoview, Import Wizard, Publishing Wizard, and Report Conversion Tool).
- Experience in designing, creating and maintaining complex Universes, Ad - hoc reports and experience in scheduling the BO process using Broad Cast Agent Server.
- Experience in retrieving data using Universes, Personal Data files, Stored procedures and Free hand SQL methods.
- Strong expertise in creating reports using the Business Objects functionalities like Cascading Prompts, Slice and Dice, Drill Mode, Filters, Scope of Analysis, Sorting, Ranking, Breaks, Conditions & Alerts.
- Good knowledge and experience in writing Complex queries, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors and packages using SQL server & PL/SQL Programming.
- Worked with Crystal Reports for creating complicated reports including sub-reports, parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based, well formatted reports, drilling reports, analysis reports.
- Experience in designing interactive dashboards using Xcelsius 2008.
- Excellent understanding of relational database & OLAP database.
- Involved in creating users and groups, scheduling reports, publishing reports, planning security, authentication and single sign-on in for the reports developed using Business Objects XIR3/XIR2.
- Experience in Migrating Universes and reports from Business Objects 6.5 to XIR2 and XIR2 to XIR3.
- Exposure in Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Financial, Telecommunication, Production and Sales Data Warehouses.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
Data Warehousing Tools: Business Objects (xiR3.2/xiR2/6.x), Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Central Management Console CMC, Info view, Crystal Reports & Xcelsius.
Functionalities: Master/Detail, Slice & Dice, Drill up/down, Conditions, filters, Data track, Groups, input Controls, Sections, Break, Charts, Alerts, LOV, Context, Aliases, Universes, Reports @ Functions, formulas, Scheduling Cross Tab, Joins & Cardinalities.
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/ R2, Oracle 9i/10g.
Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake modeling & Dimensional modeling.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 4.1, UML 2.0, MS Visio
Database Tools: Toad, SQL *Plus
Familiar: XML, UML, MDX, SSIS, ETL, HTML, SSAS, SSRS.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/ 2007.
Confidential, Hopewell, NJ
Jr. SAP BUSINESS Object Developer
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents and created Technical Specification documents for Universe Development and Reporting Solutions.
- Analyzed business problems and planned the universe solution that satisfies the user needs and reporting analysis.
- Improved the performance and reduced the coding with the use of @functions like @Prompt (for user defined queries), @Where (for creating conditional filters), and @Select to create duplicate objects in the process of building the Universes.
- Published the business objects reports based on the user requirements.
- Created Adhoc reports, Modified reports based on demand.
- Created variables, formulae and detail objects at report level.
- Created Crystal reports when needed and exported to enterprise repository in order to make Crystal reports accessible through Infoview.
- Designed, developed, maintained and tested universes for supporting ad hoc queries and canned reports.
- Involved in Business user meeting in fixing and explaining the reports for its errors and fixes.
- Created simple Xcelsius dashboards on defects fixes for the estimate and efforts.
- Created reports using complex SQL /Custom Sql in WEBI.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice & Dice, Drill Down, Function, Cross Tab, Master-Detail and formula etc.
- Create various Reports by pulling the OLAP data from Data Warehouse like Sales of Products, by Region wise, Reports Based on time like Year, Quarter, Month, Week, Geographic reports and Comparative reports.
- Developed various types of reports including Cross-tab reports using Crystal Reports
- Performance tuning of Business objects Reports.
- Created Business requirements documents for the modifications required for the reports and Universe, which included testing strategy.
- Created reports including formatting options such as Chart, Grouping, Sorting, Alerting, Field highlighting, parameterized prompts.
- Leveraged the functionalities of multiple data providers Master/Detail, cross tab and Charts while creating Webi reports.
Environment: Business Objects XIR3 (CMS, CMC, CCM, Designer, DeskI, WebI, Performance Manager), Crystal Reports, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008.
BUSINESS OBJECTS DEVELOPER/ANALYST
- Interacted with end Users, to know their requirements and develop/modify Universe and Reports accordingly.
- Created, maintained and modified the universes using Business Objects designer also created linked Universes using multiple data providers.
- Created reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @functions, Cross tab, Chart, Master/Detail, Formulas as per the requirement of the end-user.
- Developed and scheduled reports using both Full client and WebI according to user requirements.
- Generated Reports using the Universe as the main Data provider and also using the personal data files provided by the users.
- Worked closely with users, when designing the Universe for naming the objects and placing the objects.
- Used Designer Module to implement Universe, Joined the Tables, created Prompts and queries, parsed the Objects, applied Contexts and Aliases to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Created few WebI drill reports for Safety Incident universe and validated the data against the data model database which includes charts and tables.
- Developed universes, WebI and Desktop reports from the Oracle database.
- Developed Universes and multiple reports using Universe designer and web intelligence in Business Objects XIR3.1.
- Created derived tables for Universe design to meet specific results in Web Intelligence.
- Implemented universes in Web Intelligence (WebI) using BO repository method.
- Deployed Business Objects Reports on web by using WebI and Broadcast Agent.
- Install and configure Web Intelligence and Broadcast Agent server based on iterative performance statistics.
- Migrated WEBI reports from Business Objects R2 to Business Objects XI R3 WEBI reports using Import wizard.
- Developed and scheduled WebI Reports as per the end user requirements.
- Exported Business Objects reports to Web Intelligence to be published on the Intranet and created thin client reports through Info View.
- Formatted WebI Reports to the Users according to their requirements.
- Implemented Security Features of Business Objects like row level, object level and report level to make the data secure.
- Generated various reports on Daily, Weekly, Monthly basis and estimate the timeframe to design the reports.
- Created various standard reports and queries based on the existing classes/objects.
- Created the Reports using the Universes as the main Data providers and writing the complex queries including Sub Queries & Combined Queries.
- Used Report Conversion Tool to convert Business Objects and Desktop Intelligence reports to Web Intelligence reports.
- Exported Reports to the Broadcast Agent (BCA) Server, and used the BCA to schedule and monitor the Reports and customized the Web Intelligent front-end.
Environment: Business Objects XI R3, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius 2008, Live Office, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, SQL scripting and Windows 2000 server.
Business Object Developer/ Analyst
- Created a new universe using Designer based on the new reporting requirements.
- Detected cardinalities and resolved the loops using contexts and alias.
- Involved in gathering Business Principles and Standardization for Reports.
- Developed several complex reports (include section, ranking, break, grouping, drilldown, cascaded prompts, parameter fields, formulas, variables & merged dimension, Hierarchal Dimension, Combined queries )
- Worked on complex reports that require running totals, sub-totals, sub-reports, cross-tab and conditional display of groups, fields, and messages.
- Created, managed & formatted standard reports, master/detail reports and cross tab reports using Report Manager.
- Created various dashboard reports.
- Created design for running multi-flavor reports; Date, Weekly and Monthly.
- Worked extensively with the major functionality of Crystal Reports like Nested Groups, Static Parameters, Cascading Parameters and Alerts.
- Published reports using Crystal Management Console.
- Scheduled reports by setting the run-time parameters and charted by customizing the options.
- Involved in Unit and Integration Testing on reports and then exported them to Schedule Manager for Scheduling and Refreshing.
- Modified existing universes and WEBI reports as per Business requirements.
- Created and worked on Row level security, Object level security and various predefined security settings depending upon users and group needs using Supervisor.
- Scheduled and monitored reports by using Broadcast Agent.
Environment: Business Objects XIR2 (Designer & Reporter), Web Intelligence, Crystal Report, Infoview, Xcelsius, Toad, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, WebLogic.
BUSINESS OBJECTS DEVELOPER
- Created Business Objects Reports - Drill-down, cross-tab, master-detail reports and created queries to extract data for multi-dimensional analysis.
- Created filters, user objects, variables, free hand SQL and stored procedures.
- Designed universes, Classes and Objects using Business Objects Designer.
- Generated Summary of operations, project schedule reports using cross tab & slice and dice, Alerts & Multiple Data providers.
- Developed reports that provided users with drill up and down facility to achieve their requirements.
- Resolved loops using aliases and contexts by checking the integrity and also developed user objects.
- Created a logical representation of the data model in the Designer module.
- Created classes, objects which represent the database structures that are used by Business Objects and Web Intelligence users to run queries and to create reports.
- Involved in Documenting the before & after changes made to mappings and sessions.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5, SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Suite, Windows XP/2003 server, Web Intelligence