- Over 8 years of IT experience in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing applications using Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius and Data Services/Data Integrator.
- Technical hands - on experience with BO XI 3.1/ XI R2/ 6.5.1, including Architecture, CMC, Clustering BO Servers, Universe Designer, Infoview, Web Intelligence Rich Client, Desktop Intelligence, QWAAS, Live Office and Import Wizard.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Expertise in preparing Mapping documents, report specifications, database designs to support ETL and reporting requirements.
- Strong knowledge in Client/Server Architecture, Relational Databases (RDBMS), Data Modeling, fact tables, dimension tables, Star schema and snow flake schema.
- Experience in Designing Universes from the sources SAP BW, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server and also updating, modifying, and maintaining universes using business objects
- Successfully generated reports using BO reporting functionalities such as Master Detailed, Slice and Dice, Drilling methodology, Filters, Ranking, Sections, Graphs and Breaks. Also extensively worked with Crystal Reports for creating complicated reports that includes sub-reports, parameter based reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, and analysis reports.
- Extensively worked with BO XIR3 Central Management Console (CMC) that includes creation of Business Objects folders, documents, reports, user groups, profiles, scheduling, and security rights.
- Used Import wizard to migrate the universes, Corporate Documents, users and groups from BO 6.5 to BO XI R2, BO XI R2 to BO XI R3.
- Strong database concepts with experience in using Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server, MS Access 7.0/2000, and GUI tools SQL Plus, Toad, and SQL Developer 2000.
- Installed and Configured SAP BOBJ Enterprise Suite, SAP BO Data Services/Data Integrator/Data Quality with proper IQ and OQ documentation.
- Expertise in Extraction of Source Data, Data profiling, and transforming data from various data sources to a Data warehouse using the ETL tool SAP Data Services and interacting with the Business Analysts for identifying the needs and the requirements of the system.
- Implemented Data Cleansing, Transformation, Stored Procedures and necessary Test plans to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes.
- Lead for team of developers and extensive experience in Onshore-Offshore model.
- Experience in various industrial sectors related to Financial, Sales, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Health/Medical and telecommunications.
- Excellent teaming and Interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, detail oriented, innovative, self motivated and quick learner.
Business Objects: BI 4.0, Business Objects 5.x/6.x,XIR1/R2/R3, BO SDK, Desktop Intelligence, Designer, Web Intelligence 2.x/5.x/6.x/XI R1/R2/R3, Crystal Reports R1/R2, BODS 3.2, Broadcast Agent, Application Foundation 6.x/Performance Manager XI R2/R3. Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Business Query, QAAWS (Query as Web Service), Live Office R2/R3, CCM, CMC, Import wizard, LCM
Operating systems: MS DOS, HP UNIX, Windows/NT, 2000, Windows
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.5/6.0, Server Intelligence Agent
DBMS: Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, Teradata and MS Access.
Programming : SQL*plus, Toad, C, C++, C#, VB, ASP.NET
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, Java Scripts.
Confidential, Richmond VA
SAP Business Objects Onsite Lead
- Collaborated with the client IT and Business leadership to elicit business requirements and performed thorough analysis in order to arrive at finer details of the requirements. Owned the documentation of requirements in Lean compliant formats, applied detailed knowledge of the requirements to help leadership come up with Level of Estimates.
- On boarded the offshore team as well as new team members with the detailed technical requirements of the project as well as the extensive SDLC processes.
- Worked with enterprise DW and legacy DW experts and finalized the mapping for new fields to be added to Request DX application. Identified Data Gaps and data discrepancies in EDWard and current application and helped to close these gaps.
- Designed, developed and deployed Universes from different data sources using Universe Designer. Checked the Universes for Integrity and exported to the Repository to make resources available to the users and groups. Defined BO Classes, Objects, in the Universe, defined Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases and resolved loops in Universes using Table aliases and contexts. Worked on different databases and connected to universe.
- Used multiple data providers and multiple universes to build reports. Created Master Detail reports, used complex queries, functions, variables, cross tabs and used charts in the reports. Worked on SQL queries at universe level and report level. Created Webi Reports for more detailed and granular level data based on selections. Worked on Query designer to build the reports in the Web intelligence. Worked on scheduling of reports in different export formats such as .csv, excel, word, .pdf.
- Developed crystal reports using various Charts and Graphs like Bar Chart (Side by Side, Stacked), Line graphs, Pie Charts. Created charts in Webi reports with multiple drill down levels. Created user prompts to select multiple or period of data.
- Responsible to support the issues with reports on the Business Objects Enterprise environments ( Development, UAT, Test and Production )
- Extensively worked with formatting the reports according to the user requirements. Created Breaks, Filters at Different Levels of the reports and applied ranking in the Webi reports.
- Coordination and work along with the ETL team to ensure the timely execution of feeds to the reporting tables as well as testing the quality of data and providing inputs to them.
- Wrote complex views, functions and stored procedures using SQL, PL/SQL, to be used in Reports development.
- Developed universe user documentation guide for the end users reference.
- Provided training for end users for generating their own report including complicated report.
Environment: Business Objects XI R1/R2, Designer XI R1/R2, Web Intelligence XI R1/R2, Crystal 2008, Business Objects SDK, Performance Manager XI R2, Tomcat, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000.
SAP BODS Developer
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions and developed Business Objects Data Services jobs specifications on excel sheets based on information acquired from analysis of source data, user requirements, Business rules and Enterprise standards.
- Used Business Objects Data Services for ETL extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Used various transformations like Case, Map Operation, Merge, Query, Row Generation, SQL, Validation, Data Cleanse, Address Cleanse and Match.
- Extensively involved in Data cleansing and standardizing using transforms in Business Objects Data Services Data Quality.
- Used Business Objects Data Services interactive debugger to test the jobs and fixed the bugs.
- Experience in debugging execution errors using Data Integrator logs (trace, statistics and error) and by examining the target data.
- Scheduled, monitored and fixed the errors of the jobs.
- Performed tuned Business Objects Data Services Real time and Batch jobs, complex transformations in Data Flows to improve efficiency.
- Perform Unit testing and Document the results of Unit testing and ETL process.
- Involved in complete Business Objects Data Services installation and configuration. Upgraded/Migrated Business Objects Data Services from XI 3.2 to 4.0.
- Successfully Installed BI 4.0 unpacking the software files, setting up the environment files and CMS repository Database.
- Responsible for setting up Development, Test and Production Environment.
- Administering and maintaining BO Data Services management console and repository management.
- Developed various Workflows and Data flows where the data is extracted from the sources like Oracle, SQL Server and SAP ECC then loaded into staging tables from staging tables data loaded into relational tables and from Relational tables.
- Testing and debugging of code in Business Objects Data Services transforms.
- Modified existing Business Objects Data Services jobs to fix defects at the root cause as enhancement part of project. Documenting the changes and training the end users.
- Designed Universe by creating the BOBJ Data Model selecting/joining tables, indicating cardinalities, creating aliases to resolve the loops, subdividing into contexts and creating the objects like Dimensions, Details and Measures which are grouped into Classes and checked the integrity of the universe.
- Created Hierarchies, complex objects using various @functions, Aggregate objects in the universe.
- Defined Aggregate Awarness, @Prompt, @Select, @Where functions in universe level.
- Created reports using Business Objects functionalities like queries, Slice & Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master/Detail and Formulas etc.
- Resolved Chasm traps, Fan Traps & Loop problems; Applied User and Group Restrictions in selected objects in universe level.
- Involved in the creating the reports using the Web. Created the Reports (Master/Detail, Brake, Cross Tab, Chart, and Templates) in Business Objects using the Universe as the main Data Provides and writing the Complex queries including Sub-Queries. Tuning the Universes & Reports.
- Created Report Level Variables, Objects and Formula.
- Created Users, User groups and setting up the user profiles. Created Objects / Data Level Security in universe level.
- Developing reports using Crystal Reports including: extracting data from SQL server to satisfy standard reports, ad-hoc requests, developing databases, spreadsheets, and other applications to manipulate data. Created standard reports, cross-tab reports, Mailing reports & OLAP reports.
Environment: Business Objects Data Services 3.2, Business Objects XI R3, 4.0 (Designer, SupervisorWeb Intelligence, Performance Manager, Data Integrator, Data Quality), SQL Server 2005/2000, Oracle 10g/11i/9i, PL/SQL, TOAD, Crystal Reports 10, Xcelsius 2008, Window XP/2000/2003 Server.
SAP BODS Administrator/Developer
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Worked with business users to define and analyze problems, create conceptual and logical data model, implement physical data model, and considers the implications of business solutions to the current and future environment; Effort estimation for change requests.
- Involved in database design. Implemented the ETL processes and jobs using Business Objects Data Integrator.
- Installed Business Objects XI R3 on windows platform including Data services, Crystal, Dashboard Design. Configured CMC, management console for BODS. Created users for the entire environment with correct security access.
- Involved all aspects of organizational business engagements, both internal as well external, to ensure that the interfaces are developed and delivered to meet ETL standards and best practices
- Created ETL Jobs in BODI to load monthly, weekly, daily data, to track issues and resolve them based on the priority.
- Collaborated with Database Administrators, Developers, and Analysts on all aspects of data management.
- Used error handling strategy for trapping errors by defining error handling in all crucial steps of ETL transformations and sending errors to an error table.
- Monitor and troubleshoot batches and sessions for weekly and Monthly extracts from various data sources across all platforms to the target database.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets. Associated with Production support team in various performances related issues.
- Interacted with executives to train them on business objectives and propose creative solutions to meet those objectives
- Designed the reports with multi level of groupings (hierarchies) in Webi, Deski and Crystal.
- A great deal of my assignment was in creating standard templates while designing reports to work with conditional formatting, sorting and running totals, converting old reports from MS-Access and Excel to Crystal Reports (rpt files), and creating functionality for a smooth export into various formats like EXCEL, PDF, HTML, and RTF as per user requirements
- Helped tune the database to resolve performance issues and ensured high performance through periodic performance evaluation and improvements.
- Involved in Unit, Integration, system, and performance testing levels.
- Provided Recommendations for cost mitigation solutions brought to the table with design approaches with the software development team to effectively represent the required data for analysis
Environment: BO XI R2, BODI 11.5, Crystal Reports XI, Infoview, WebI, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, SAP R/3, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, IIS 6.0, UNIX.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
SAP Business Objects & Xcelsius developer
- Documented the creation and maintenance of the Business Objects Universe/Reports and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Created Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases for resolving Loops.
- Checked the Integrity of the Universes.
- Created Reports using universe, stored procedure, freehand SQL as the Data providers and writing the complex queries including Sub Queries, Unions, Intersect and Aliases.
- Created User Prompts, Conditions and Filters to restrict the data as per the specifications.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, @Functions,
- Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formula etc.
- Created Alerts and Implemented Ranking in the reports to highlight critical data.
- Created Master Detail and Cross Tab reports to view the data in an analyzed way.
- Defined Customized Sorts in Universes and Reports Level.
- Created Reports using grouping, sorting, totaling, charts etc., and exported reports into various formats like PDF, txt, xml.
- Resolved Year Ago Variance Calculation, Percentage Calculation in Cross Tab in Web I.
- Automated document Scheduling, Publishing and Distribution for WebI and Info View clients, using the Broadcast Agent for Web-Part Reports.
- Involved in resolving issues relating to pre implementation of Reports
- Created reports using Crystal Reports with Standard, Summary, Cross Tabs, SQL, Command Objects, Selection Criteria, grouping, sub reports etc.
- Developed Crystal Reports for Invoices, Notices and Mailing labels.
- Create parameterized dashboard reports (these reports show information from highest level by company and can be drill-down to single product using hyperlinks and drill-down technique), cross-tab, conditional, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP reports and Sub reports.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5.1(Supervisor, Designer, Reporter), Web Intelligence, BCA, ZABO, Info View, Oracle9i, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access 200 Windows 2000 Server, Unix, Sun Solaris.