- 5+ years of Development and Consulting experience in SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) 4.1 Sp5/4.0/ XIR3.1/XIR2 using different suite tools like IDT, UDT, BI launch Pad, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Desktop Intelligence, Central Management Console, Design Studio, Xcelsius aka Dashboard 2008.
- Have good knowledge in SAP BO 4.2 version
- Good database and SQL experience in SAP HANA SPS12, IBM DB2, Teradata, Oracle and SQL Server 2008/2005
- Good knowledge in using Tableau and Qlikview
- Extensive experience in operational reporting solutions with Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports.
- Developed Web Intelligence reports with advanced functionalities like Drill, complex report level calculations, Charts, Hyperlinks, Input Controls with multiple data providers
- Worked with Crystal Reports 2008 for creating complicated reports including sub - reports, parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, drilling reports, analysis reports and data reports.
- Experience in creating Universes in IDT and the UDT tools. Created several calculations in the Universe to include complex business logic. Worked extensively on Join conditions, Filters, LOV, cardinality, Aliases, Contexts, derived tables and applied row level security on users.
- Experienced in designing and developing Enterprise Dashboarding and Visualization in Design Studio 1.6/1.3 with SAP HANA and DB2 as backend.
- Good experience in design and development of Dashboards in Xcelsius Converting Business Data requirements into Conceptual and logical visualization models. Leveraged excel functions and scripts to create robust logic within the Excel in addition to Query as a Webservice and Live Office.
- Used Hyperlink URL’s within the Dashboards to launch Web Intelligence reports which can take parameters from the Xcelsius Dashboard.
- Good administration experience in CMC like User and Content management by securing them and proving access, Promotion management with LCM and creating file based events to assist scheduling.
- Good understanding of HANA Information models and have experience enhancing existing Calculation views for the current project.
- Fair knowledge of data warehouse concepts, design techniques such as Star, Snow Flake schemas, multi-dimensional data model analysis using OLAP, Physical and Logical data modeling.
- Excellent understanding of Data Warehouse architecture, Star Schema, Snowflake Schemas, Fact and Dimensions Tables.
- Complete Software Development Life Cycle experience including requirements gathering, analysis/design, development and testing.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Experience working with offshore counterparts and reviewing their work before delivering to Users
- Strong writing and documentation skills for the management, development and control of documentation.
- Worked on a flexible schedule, weekends as per client’s requirement and with different clients and on various domains
- Ability to meet deadline and handle multiple tasks, decisive with strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional with strong technical skills.
BI Reporting Tools: SAP Business Objects 4.2/4.1/4.0/XIR3/R2, Web Intelligence, Design Studio 1.6/1.3, IDT, UDT, SAP Dashboards/Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, Desktop Intelligence
ETL Tool: Microsoft SSIS
Databases: SAP HANA 1.0, Tera data, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, IBM DB2, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/Vista, UNIX
Data Modeling Tools: SAP HANA Studio
Software Packages: Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle SQL Developer
- Involved in understanding the end user requirements and business processes in creating and designing universes, queries and report
- The data was coming from Oracle database and SQL server database
- Designed universes incorporating all the business requirements
- Implemented object level security universe to incorporate security for sensitive information
- Worked in migration of object name and reports between environment
- Designed universe from scratch in IDT, solved loops by creating aliases, contexts and resolved traps
- Created complex variables, breaks, sorts, filter and conditions for various reports.
- Created complex reports involving master/detail and cross-tab and Combined queries and sub-queries
- Linked multiple data-providers and Used calculation contexts/extended contexts
- Extensively used scheduler for report scheduling and deployment
- Generated various report templates for standardizing the reports throughout the organization.
- Involved in end user training and documenting the procedures.
- Created the reports and published the highly formatted reports that met with the end user requirements
- Developed Webi report with necessary charts and geo maps
Environment: Information Design Tool 4.1, Oracle, SQL Server, SSMS,SQL Developer, SAP Business Objects 4.1 SP5
- Raw Inventory, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Purchase Orders were the different subject areas within the data warehouse.
- Used advanced universe functionalities like Derived tables, Index Awareness, custom LOVs.
- Created custom hierarchies to aid in Drill-Through analysis of WebI documents and built cascading prompts.
- Participated in the complete development lifecycle: analysis, design, build and test reports
- Created several complex Web Intelligence reports to help management to track and monitor contract, commodity and price compliance.
- Created reports linking several universes for different subject areas like Purchase Orders, Accounts Payable, General ledger and Inventory for seamless reporting.
- Created user Prompts, Conditions and Filters and used Alerts to improve the readability of the report. Extensively used Calculations, Variables, User Objects in the creation of reports.
- Created User Prompts, Conditions and Filters to improve the quality of report generation.
- Consolidation of reports by groups/regions and designing templates catering to the needs of sourcing/financial analysts & material and cost specialists.
- Providing support for the users on application usage and conducting training walk through of salient features of the application.
Environment: Information Design Tool 4.1, Oracle, SQL Server, SSMS,SQL Developer, SAP Business Objects 4.1 SP5
Senior SAP BO/BI Developer
- Interacting with business stake holders for gathering the business requirement and analyzing the requirement and transforming to reporting requirement.
- Analyzing the data Oracle, BW and HANA data sources
- Mapping the requirement against the data sources and identify the gaps, discuss with the database team and find workarounds within specified deadlines
- Initiate discussions and meetings to discuss Design and layout of Dashboards and the security access model required to cater various users
- Create a Universe in IDT to pull the part of data which comes from Oracle
- Develop a security table that holds various user roles and restrictions based on Region and several hierarchies and use this table in the Universe and the Design Studio to show/hide the tabs and components
- Build a mock-up Dashboard with data from Universe and BW and implement the security specifications from the security table
- Get the mock-up reviewed and approved from the stake holders and build a template for the Design Studio dashboard with a custom CSS file that corresponds to Merck’s UI standards
- Develop the Design Studio dashboards with various faceted information for ease of access and filtering. Multiple key metrics for the product, which are coming from various sources are displayed in several tabs with access levels implemented
- Optimize the two existing Dashboards that were built in 1.3 version of Design Studio with the new features in 1.6 versions, mainly for performance reasons. By leveraging the parallel query processing.
- Create an hierarchy filter using SDK extensions for security specification
- Initiate requirement gathering sessions with users on the new self-service model for a part of the users that will access HANA views directly.
- Design and Develop an excellent self-service model in Design Studio 1.6 where the users choose the connection and the HANA view and then create visualizations on the fly
- Leverage the new Scorecard component in Design Studio 1.6 to solve a particular use case where the data needs to be portrayed in a certain fashion where dashboard real-estate was at stake
- Work with Database team to create SDA connection to virtualize the Oracle data in HANA for the HANA migration activities and create two dashboards, one each for Oracle and Hana for performance testing to proceed with further approvals for the HANA migration
- Create various unit test cases for the Dashboards and the Universes and work with the Offshore team on the testing and documenting activities
Environment: SAP Design Studio 1.6/1.3, Information Design Tool 4.1, SAP BW, Oracle, HANA SPS11, SAP Business Objects 4.1 SP5
SAP BO/BI Consultant
- Create Universes off Oracle database to feed Crystal and Web Intelligence reports
- Develop new reports and recreate existing Cognos reports in Web Intelligence for the Clients Supply Chain Department
- Recreate existing Cognos reports that gets scheduled to users Printer directly in Crystal Reports off the data from the Oracle data
- Develop OLAP Universes on top of BEx Queries for the Clients Sales Department
- Develop new Web Intelligence based on the OLAP Universes
- Created several Universe level variables and filters to answer the Business Questions which were not possible in the report level
- To reuse the contents of the existing Universe, take leverage of it by linking that to other Universes based on the requirement
- Involve in Knowledge sharing and requirement gathering sessions with the Business Analysts
- Create several report schedules in Infoview that either goes to users Inbox or saves as an Excel in a shared drive or act as a trigger event to trigger another Schedule job
- Create file based and schedule based Event triggers in the CMC to be used in various report schedule job that either distributes reports to users or saves the output in a share path
- Involved in creating OLAP Universe on the Clients new SAP BW environment through SAP BEx queries and create simple Universe level filters using MDX scripts
- Prepare and review technical documentation about the reports to document the sources and the Variables used in them
- Prepare the unit test cases for the Web Intelligence Reports, Crystal Reports and Universes and coordinate the unit testing
- Involved in developing Xcelsius dashboards that presents summarized dataset for the top tier business users with Query as a Web Service (QaaWS) as a source
- Use Hyperlink URL inside the Dashboard to open Web Intelligence reports that has more detailed data of the summarized dashboard data, pass parameters in the URL to answer the prompts in such reports so that the data selection in the Dashboard sync with the data shown in Web Intelligence report
Environment: Business Objects XI3.x Web Intelligence, Universe Designer, Crystal Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, QaaWS, SAP BEx Query Designer, Oracle