- SAP BW / BI Architect having 15 years of professional experience which includes SAP BW, SAP BW/4 HANA, SAP HANA, SAP BI / BO and SAP ABAP Expertise’s.
- Experienced in Pharmaceuticals, Public Sector, Scientific and Technical Instruments, Apparel, Automotive, Financial Services, Retail, Utility, Food Processing, Manufacturing, Beverages, Energy, Technology, Oil and gas Sector and Industries.
- Having very good technical skills, functional knowledge of SAP ECC application areas like SD, MM, HR, PS, PM, PP, IS - U, FICO, CRM and SRM etc. and experience in Planning Tools: BPC, Integrated Planning (IP).
- Involved in more than 7 full life cycle implementations, which includes Gap Analysis, Requirements gathering, Blue printing, Development, Testing, Reporting, Go-live and Post Go-live support in several important roles like SAP BW/BI Architect, SAP BW Lead, Sr. SAP BW/BO Consultant etc.
- Delivered optimized solutions which helped in reducing the processing time and thus improving the efficiency of the Business Process.
- Experience in SAP BW on HANA and SAP HANA Studio.
- Worked on SAP BW Upgrade and Migration Projects and SAP BI/BW security.
- Experience working with BODS and Power Designer.
- Attained Record of Achievement in Completing the SAP BW/4HANA Course.
- Excellent communication skills and Won Appreciation from the clients worked.
- Subject Matter Expert to explain technical terms, single point of contact to provide solution to clients operating with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure with cross-functional, cross-geographic and cross- cultural teams. Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts.
- Worked with the Creation of Info Objects, Data sources, Transformations, Info Sources, Update rules, Communication Structure, Transfer rules, Data Transfer Process, Info packages, PSA, Data Store Objects, Info cubes, Multi providers, Info sets etc.
- Activated, Installed and Extended Business Contents based on Gap Analysis established on user requirements.
- Proficient in extracting data from SAP ECC using LO Cockpit, FI-GL (both Leading and Non-Leading (Local GAAP) Ledgers), FI-SL, CO-PA, SCM, Generic Extractors, OLTP Extraction (Transaction Data, Master Data Attributes, Text, Hierarchies), Flat files, XML Data Sources, DB Connect for Non-SAP Extraction. Good knowledge on GAAP, GL, AR, AP etc.
- Experience working with Advanced DSO, Composite, Transient, Hybrid and Virtual Providers.
- Created Planning Filters, Planning Functions, Planning Sequences, Aggregation Levels, Data Slices, and Characteristic Relationships using Integrated Planning.
- Experience in reconciliation of BW and BPC reports.
- Developed Start routines, End routines and Expert Routines using ABAP to incorporate Business logic and perform data manipulation.
- Expertise in Data Loading (Initial / Full / Delta Up-Load), Scheduling, Monitoring.
- Worked with Process Chains to monitor the data loads and ensure quality data.
- Worked extensively in Front-end BEx Query Designer to define complex queries using calculated key figures, Restricted key figures, Structures, Variables, Exceptions and Conditions etc.
- Expertise with BI reporting for Data Analysis using BEx Analyzer, Web Application Designer (WAD).
- Upgrade and Migration experience related to both BW Backend Modeling and Frontend Reporting.
- Experience in Performance Tuning optimizing data loads and query optimization using Line item dimensions, Remodeling, Aggregates, Roll up, Indexing, Info cube Partitioning and Compression.
- Worked on SAP BI 7.0 security authorization concepts: create authorizations, profiles, assign profiles to users etc.
- Experience using BWA (BW Accelerator), Analysis Process Designer (APD) and Open Hub Destination (OHD).
- Hands on experience in the SAP BW on HANA pre and post migration activities using DMO tools.
- Good Experience working with ADSOs (Advanced DSOs), Composite Providers and Open ODS.
- Worked with CDS Views using Annotations with different kinds of joins.
- Designed and developed SAP HANA data models using Attribute Views, Analytic Views, and Calculation Views.
- Experience in Data Provisioning in HANA.
ERP: SAP ECC, SAP R/3.
Data warehouse and Reporting Tools: SAP BW/4 HANA, SAP BW (Versions 7.5, 7.4, 7.3, 7.0, 3.5)SAP BO (Versions 4.2, 4.1, 4.0 and XI 3.1).
ETL Tool: SAP BODS 4.2
In-memory RDBMS: SAP HANA 2.0, 1.0
Languages: ABAP/4, C, C++, Java, VB, XML, HTML, DHTML.
GUI: SAP GUI.
RDBMS: Oracle (11g, 9i).
Operating System: Windows 8 OS/Vista/98/95/NT/XP.
Confidential, Allegan, MI
SAP BW Architect
- SLIMS QM Project: Successfully lead the SLIMS QM Project with team of 7 by actively involving in all the phases of implementation. The Project has been implemented as per the Project Plan generated by me.
- Worked on extracting & merging the SAP QM data with the SQL data into SAP BW. Designed & developed the entire data flow in SAP BW and generated more than 20 Webi, AO (Analysis for Office) reports on BEx Queries.
- Created Generic Extractor based on FM with Timestamp Delta Mechanism for extracting SAP QM Data to SAP BW.
- Worked on generating CDC using time stamp to capture daily deltas.
- Worked on Creating the ETL: BODS Job sourcing the data from the SQL table and also views with SAP BW as target.
- Analysis for Office: Generated POC for use cases of AO tool on performance optimization of reports in comparison with other reporting tools and introduced more usage of AO tool for Reporting purposes to the client.
- Generated Training Material for AO (Analysis for Office) to help business users.
- Creating AO reports by merging Sales & Pricing reports with Linking capabilities and performed calculations.
- Financial Margin Project: This Project mainly integrates Finance, Sales and Profitability Analysis data in to SAP BW System Reporting: Worked on merging shipping reports with Pricing Analysis Reports for Margin / Royalty calculations by enhancing the backend data models like DSOs, cubes and multi providers along with generation of complex CKFs, formulas in BEx Queries & created multiple Webi Reports with linking capabilities on top of these BEx Queries.
- Worked on Performance Optimization: Reduced the run time of the process chain to half of its original run time.
- Worked on Analysis for Office and created workbooks by linking dimensions and grouping cross tabs for combined Report Analysis.
- Optimized the existing cubes and reduced load time and increased Query performance.
Environment: s: SAP BW 7.5, SAP HANA 2.0, SAP BI/BO, SAP ECC 6.0, SQL, BODS.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
SAP BW Lead
- Worked as a Lead for Invoiced Sales Project, which involves mainly Migrating the Reports from External Data Warehouse to SAP BW.
- Successfully delivered more than 30 Reports to Business Users on time.
- Performed Analysis and generated Mapping Document with minimal direction and information. Designed the Architecture with the Data flow defining both existing and new systems.
- Designed and Developed entire flow, Starting from Extraction, Back-End Modeling which includes mainly Creating Cubes, DSO, Multi Providers and Front-End Reporting.
- Enhanced ISU Data Sources and also generated ISU (IS Utility) Month End Reports.
- Generated Reports mainly using Analysis for Office and BEx query designer.
- Also, worked on Performance issues with existing system and implemented solutions to better the existing job run time for process chains which again helped the users to get reports on time.
- Provided solutions optimizing the existing reports and delivered the new reporting system.
Environment: s: SAP BW 7.3, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BO, Access, SQL and SAP CRM.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
SAP BW / BI Lead Consultant
- Working on E-Procurement Project, which includes End to End Development Extracting Data from SAP SRM, ECC along with new Enhancements.
- Also working parallel on OBIEE Project, which includes integrating SAP BW with Oracle BI for retrieving data from SAP BEx Queries to Oracle BI Application using XML.
- Enhanced SRM Contracts, Purchase Orders and Shopping Cart Reports by adding new fields.
- Extracted Vendor SBCR Information to SAP BW from SAP SRM to have a lookup in Contracts to extend Contracts with Small Business Type Information.
- Resolved Performance related issues in both Back-end and Fronted of SAP BW for enhanced Reporting Performance for Shopping Cart Details Report.
- Worked on assignment and maintenance of Roles and Authorizations to users for BI security.
- Created a link between SAP BW Purchase Orders Report to SAP SRM Detailed Report within portal by dynamically passing Purchase Order Number to retrieve Live Data from SAP SRM and allows to update the Information.
- Created Report for Shopping Cart Status Details using Bex Query Designer and published to Portal.
- Generated reports using Hyperlinking feature to link Summary and Detail Reports.
- Generated BI Usage Statistics Report as per the Business Unit.
- Enhanced the Bex Analyzer Report to run it properly at all the times to overcome out of memory issue.
- Completed the Performance Optimization of the Process Chain which reduced total run time of the chain by splitting into multiple Sub Chains with increased Parallel Processing, Packet Size etc.
- Several Housekeeping Activities are performed to increase the availability of DB Size which in turn helped in the increased Back End Loading and Front-End Reporting Performance.
- Created Purchasing Order Single Documents Report using Web Application Designer.
- Modified BW queries to generate WEBI reports using BI Launch Pad in BO to meet user requirements.
- Created WEBI Report, OLAP Analysis report and Crystal reports.
- Created Contract Header and Detail Report using Design Studio.
Environment: s: SAP BW 7.3, SAP SRM, SAP BO and SAP ECC 6.0.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
SAP BW / HANA Lead Consultant
- Analyzed the User Requirements and created Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Architect the Design for development of SAP BW Application as per User Requirements starting from extracting the data from different SAP ECC and Non-SAP Applications which is Oracle till Reporting.
- Developed and Enhanced the Billing Document Item using Customer Exit, Contract and Project Data and extracted the data from SAP ECC to SAP BW to generate Service Reporting.
- Created Complex Expert, Start, End and Field level routines in transformations as per the requirement.
- Developed Service Backlog Data Model to get Open Sales Orders, Open Deliveries and Open Billing data.
- Developed Service Order, Notification and Warranty Models which includes Extraction from SAP ECC, Back End Modeling and Front-End Reporting.
- Enhanced SD data sources 2LIS 11 HDR and 2LIS 11 ITM in SAP ECC to get customized Sales order header and line item data by adding new fields and writing Exit and extracted and modeled into SAP BW till reporting.
- Worked on the Planning scenarios for financial and sales applications using Integrated Planning.
- Developed Real Time Info providers, Aggregation levels, Planning functions, Planning sequences, input ready queries using BEx Query designer.
- Designed IP using Copy planning function on Cal year to get actual data for Service Planning Report.
- Worked on End-to-end development for The Headcount and Personnel Actions Info Cube (0PA C01).
- Developed Service Labor Utilization End to End Model till Reporting.
- Derived Geographies for Customer in Country, Region and State Hierarchy.
- Enhanced Goods Movements Data source and wrote customer exit (CMOD) to fill the new fields.
- Enhanced 0Employee, 0Mat Plant, 0Equipment, 0Network, 0Activity and 0WBS ELEMT Master Data attributes using Customer Exit (CMOD).
- Developed Project Systems Data Model with Project Basic and Activity Data having Project, WBS, Network and Activity Level Details.
- Extracted and Enhanced Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, PCA Extractors to SAP BW by designing and developing entire data flow till reporting.
- Enhanced 0COOM C02 (CO-OM: Costs and Allocations) Cube Data Sources to incorporate into Project Systems Data Model by adding fields like Project, WBS Element, Site & Ship to Customers and Country.
- Created Data Sources and modeled till reporting for SFDC (Sales Force. Com) Data Sources through Web Service for Project Systems Data Model and imported data to XML Files for reconciliation.
- Designed User Roles and Authorizations to users for BW and BOBJ security.
- Worked with enhancing the data flow with ADSOs & Composite Providers.
- Performed reconciliation of Reports between SAP BW on HANA and traditional SAP BW system after migration.
- Performed Data Modeling in HANA Studio by Developing Analytical views, Attribute views for the Transaction and Master Data respectively and Created Calculation Views using Attribute views, Analytic views etc. as per the business requirement.
- Developed SQL scripts in Calculation views.
- Created connections to SAP BW BEx queries and BW Info providers using Business Intelligence Consumer Services (BICS) in IDT (Information Design Tool).
- Created Dashboards for Project Systems Data for every project linking to its Basic and Activity Data.
- Created Webi Report for Service Backlog Reporting linking Open Sales Order Statistics, Deliveries and Billing Data.
- Developed Service Actual, Plan and Estimate Crystal Reports.
Environment: s: SAP BW 7.5, SAP HANA 1.0, SAP CRM, SAP BO 4.1, SFDC and SAP ECC 6.0.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
SAP BW / HANA Lead Consultant
- Responsible for data extraction, reconciliation and reporting.
- Extracted data from SAP ECC to SAP BI in customized environment, using Generic Extractor built on top of view and designed the entire flow in SAP BI starting from replicated the data source, modeling the Info Providers like DSOs (Write-Optimized, Standard), Cube, Multi providers till generating the Labor Cost analysis report on it.
- Responsible for loading time dependent and time independent master data and hierarchies.
- Created Start routines and End routines using ABAP in transformations to update characteristics and key figures in the Info Cubes.
- Performed Remodeling on already existing Info Cubes to add new key figures and characteristics.
- Designed process chains for daily master data loading, transactional data loading from ECC.
- Designed and Developed Queries, Reports, Workbooks, User exists, ABAP, Business Explorer Analyzer, RRI, and Jump queries.
- Worked on performance tuning of the reports and made the necessary changes to the report queries and the variables to improve the query response time.
Environment: s: SAP BI 7.0, SAP ECC 6.0.