- 14 years of strong experience in Information Technology. Designed and Built Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Analytics solutions for various industries.
- Designed and developed several full lifecycle projects successfully. Architect of several enterprise wide BI Reporting solutions. Built robust and scalable security models. Been an expert advisor to my Clients in choosing right BI product for their needs and customize the landscape to maximize their return of investment and solution adoption rate.
- Helped my Clients on strategy, assessments, upgrades, implementation and execution of Projects. Very good experience in working with cross functional teams. Wore many hats as SME, Project Lead, Senior Developer, Data Analyst, Architect and Coordinator.
- Assisted our sales team in estimating projects, prepared work breakdown structure (WBS), wrote proposals and other pre - sales activities.
- Very good with SQL, modeling, provisioning, mining and analyzing data. Designed and Developed HANA information models, stored procedures and table functions. Leveraged analytic privileges in HANA to secure data. Very good experience in developing Universes using Information Design Tool (IDT) for non SAP data sources.
- Good experience in designing and building Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data lakes with SAP Data Services (BODS), SSIS, SAP HANA, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata. Hands on experience in ETL methodologies with BODS and SSIS.
- Experience in designing and developing analytical applications, operational BI reports, Dashboards and created several compelling stories for the management with Lumira Designer (Design Studio), Web Intelligence, BEx Query Designer, Crystal Reports, SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau and Qlikview.
- Excellent SAP BOBJ administration experience using CMC. Created highly scalable User and Content management plan for securing BI applications, artifacts and Users. Created reusable access levels, performed content migration.
- Initiated and conducted requirement evaluation workshops with senior management and functional teams. Highly experienced in analyzing and translating business requirements into technical requirements and identifying technical and functional gaps.
- Complete Software Development Life Cycle experience including requirements gathering, analysis/design, development and testing. Good experience using life cycle management tools like HP ALM.
- Highly organized, detail oriented professional with excellent project management, communication, presentation, leadership and enterprise skills.
Reporting Tools: SAP Business Objects . Web Intelligence . Lumira Designer/Design Studio . SAP Analytics Cloud . CMC .Analysis Office . BEx Query Designer . Crystal Reports . Tableau . Qlikview . Power BI
ETL Tools: SAP BODS 4.2 . Microsoft SSIS
Database: SAP HANA . SAP BW . SQL Server . Teradata . IBM DB2 . Oracle . MS Access
Data modeling: SAP HANA Studio . SAP Data Hub . Information Design Tool (IDT)
Cloud Computing: SAP Cloud Platform
Project: Estimation . Resource Planning . Project Management. Architecture . Requirement Analysis . Pre-Sales Assessments . Stakeholder Management
Lead Analytics Consultant
- Helped Confidential in enhancing and maintaining the ASPIRE system based on the Financial Data Hub ((FDH) platform.
- Analyze functional specification and Technical Design Documents. Review the requirements with Functional Analysts and fix gaps.
- Develop Data Services Jobs to load data from flat files from various sources like IBM PA where Plan data is extracted and in the plug generation process by comparing data from two systems. Develop jobs to export data from FDH to the downstream systems. Analyze existing BODS jobs and its auditing mechanism and enhance them to retrofit new requirements.
- Provision data using SDA to virtualize data from BW on HANA tables to FDH HANA database for PPV Spend Analysis migration project.
- Worked in fixing several Stored Procedures that loads data from the Landing layer tables to the Harmonization tables. Developed procedures as part of new requirements.
- Created complex HANA models by following best practices and created STAR join models for reporting purpose by leveraging master data models with hierarchies. Fixed existing HANA models to improve performance and enhanced them. Developed various HANA models that tracks the health of the entire FDH system and for data reconciliation purposes. Developed reusable table functions and used them within the HANA models.
- Created complex Web Intelligence reports, ex. PY actuals vs Plan and variance comparison by various Functional Area levels.
- Enabled self-service model so the users could create reports using the HANA models with the Analysis Office (AO) add-in.
- Designed and Developed compelling Dashboards using the Lumira Designer that consumes HANA models
- Developed a unique solution with HANA and AO for the Profit and Loss (PnL) Signage issue which was not possible earlier after several attempts by various consultants.
- Provide suggestions and direction on choosing right tool, security model, development strategy and other such tasks as a Business Objects (BOBJ) SME.
- Migrate contents across environments, assist users with UAT by addressing security and access queries and educate them in using the new reporting solution.
Solution Environment: SAP HANA 2.0, SAP Business Objects 4.2, SAP BODS 4.2, Lumira Designer, Analysis Office 2.6
Lead Analytics Consultant
- Confidential ’s existing Internal Audit process had various pain points and I have helped them in addressing those by effectively applying technology to improve the analysis spectrum and speed up the entire process.
- Analyze Business Requirement document and understand legacy reporting solution.
- Frequently work with functional team to identify and fix gaps in the logic or requirement.
- Initiate regular all hands meeting with the stakeholders from Business, Functional, Security and Development team to review the requirements and plan for checkpoints.
- Analyze requirements and help users in choosing right tool for the need; create a Prototype and get required approval from end users.
- Prepare detailed technical specification document and get it reviewed by Business and functional team.
- Create RAID log based on the analysis meetings. Modularize the development activities and assign to Development team. Participate in weekly agile team meeting to track progress.
- Perform gap analysis and meet with respective stake holders to bridge the gap between the requirement and Information models.
- Enable the end user to test the artifacts that are completed in the development environment.
- Track user comments and enhancements from the user testing and include them in development stream.
- Develop Data Services jobs to extract flat files and load them to HANA database.
- Design and Develop HANA models for all the Audit scenarios and build master data models for hierarchies in the Harmonization layer
- Develop security model and BOBJ Access Levels based on the security requirements, test the model thoroughly.
- Initiate discussions and meetings to discuss Design and layout of Dashboards and the security access model required to cater various users.
- Write rigid unit test case; manage and coordinate testing activity from offshore and onsite resources.
- Review and approve the Design Document from the development team. Perform artifacts migration across environments.
- Assist the users in UAT phase and consolidate the comments, prepare plan for bug fix, assign the tasks to the corresponding team member and get the issue resolved.
- Oversee the hyper care phase and hand over to MSP team for support.
Solution Environment: SAP HANA 2.0, SAP Business Objects 4.2, SAP BODS 4.2
Lead Analytics Consultant
- Helped Confidential to leverage their new BOBJ investment, provided consultation on choosing right Authentication, Connection to BW and HANA, choosing right tool for the use cases, build a rigid and scalable BOBJ security model, customizing the BOBJ launchpad, creating templates, establishing reporting and Dashboarding best practices, create standard unit test scripts that applies to all projects, create an acceptable model for new user getting access to BOBJ environment and provide sizing suggestions
- Meet with Business and functional person to gather requirements
- Prepare a document with the list of Business Questions that the application is expected to solve
- Work with functional team to understand the logic involved and tables involved
- Created an optimal way to provision the data to analytical application. Leveraged existing custom extractors that feeds to SAP BW
- Develop prototypes that aligns to the use case. Develop BEx queries and Lumira Designer front-end application.
- Initiate weekly status meeting with the Client to review checkpoints completion and identify issues
- Create unit test scripts and perform through testing of the development artifacts
- Oversee and approve design documentation for development artifacts.
- Assist users with BOBJ Platform and in the UAT process. Involve in SDLC process, oversee knowledge transfer sessions, hyper care phase and hand over to MSP team.
Solution Environment: SAP Business Objects 4.2, SAP Lumira Designer 2.x, BEx Query Designer, SAP BW4/HANA