Qualified to design and implement business and digital innovations across a range of areas and challenges: through integrating and securing applications; updating existing technologies and implementing new technologies; applying problem management specialties and data science methodologies. This will be realized by coordinating realization efforts across an array of disciplines to enable digital transformation through on - premises, hybrid and/or cloud solutions. Additional skills include:Performance analysis, Installations, Migrations, Patching, Upgrades, Security enablement, Audit reviews
Applications: SAP ERP, SAP SCM/liveCache, DMS, BI, Business Objects (BOBJ), SAP SCEM, HR, Enterprise Portals, GRC, Solution Manager, SAP Netweaver, SAP Web Dispatcher, Gateway, Fiori, SAP Railcar Management, Integration Tools, CRM ISA/IPC, SRM, J2EE, NWDI, TREX, CUA, Business Client (NWBC).
Security Protocols: TLS, SSO, SSL setup and SSL Cipher Suites.
Programming & Data Modeling: PowerShell, R, Python and M (Power Query)/Power BI
Troubleshooting: Evaluation, problem-solving, analytical tools and skills, testing, collaborating and cross-team communications
Databases: Oracle, DB2 (UDB), HANA, Max DB, SAP liveCache Technology, Sybase, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Unix (Sun Solaris and AIX), Windows Server, Linux (RHEL and Suse), VMware, VirtualBox Performance Analysis & Problem Solving
SAP Basis (Cybersecurity) Architect
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Research, planning, preparation, implementation, patching, refreshes and upgrades of applications and databases on a variety of operating systems and hardware platforms, both physical and virtual. Performed literally hundreds of times in a large complex environment. These projects included infrastructure development, operational projects, and customer focused solutions of various sizes and complexities involving on-premise and hybrid cloud solutions including ERP, DMS, GRC, BI, CRM ISA/IPC, EP, HCI, Data Services, Solution Manager, ChaRM, Gateway, Ariba and SuccessFactors. These activities were performed in an environment that consisted of 220+ SAP instances (at peak) across 9+ SAP Landscapes.
- Troubleshooting, problem resolution, root cause analysis, database and application performance analysis utilizing available tools, monitors, logs, traces and Power BI models I developed to provide system/database health and stability. The Power BI models helped the team quickly identify performance issues and to respond rapidly to user/system generated incident tickets.
- SAP DMS server installation, configuration (connections into SAP R/3), patching, migrations, upgrades and troubleshooting of all DMS instances located in the US, Poland and Brazil. This included IIS configuration and related host server administration. This DMS administration also involved installation, setup, patching, migrations and upgrades of the underlying SAP Max DB databases.
- Performance improvements implemented saving the company over %1M in cost avoidance by not having to purchase additional hardware and resources (this is just one example).
- Worked closely with the Unix Services Team to implement a zone architecture to reduce the hardware footprint by 70%. The zone architecture also allowed automation of the entire DR process, taking it from a 12hr. Recovery time (with 3 people) to a 45min. Recovery Time (with 1 person).
- Managed all audit reviews with internal and external auditors.
- Experienced with database technologies, specifically Oracle, HANA, DB2, Sybase, MaxDB/SAP liveCache Technology, which includes performance analysis, installations, migrations, patching, upgrades and security enablement.
- DR and Data Protection implemented and routinely tested with a 15 minute or less RPO, which included configuring Portals and ITS DR sites.
- Cybersecurity setup and configurations related to Transport Layer Security (TLS): SAML, SSO, SSL, SNC, Cryptographic Cipher Suite configuration, gateway security and remote function call secure configurations. These tasks were performed on SAP R/3 instances, SAP Java instances and database instances.
- End-to-end interfacing, documentation, development, design, implementation and supporting functions for diverse system integrations, including cloud scenarios, using and array of technologies - ALE-IDocs, BDocs BAPIs, XML, HTTP, JDBC, File, RFC, SOAP, JMS, JDBC, ODBC, HCI and HTTPS.
- Direction/priority setting, planning and Partner Meetings to define deliverables for customer focused projects and determination of SLA’s.
- Process/procedure documentation, knowledge sharing/transfer and setting on boarding plans with an emphasis on mentoring and training.
SAP Technical Services Problem Manager
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Responsible for analyzing incident trends, identifying repeating incidents and determining where the application of problem-solving efforts would reap the biggest benefits for the organization.
- Tasked to set prioritizes and assign responsibilities for the identified problems and manage them through the entire process to solution by working throughout the entire organization, leveraging other resources for knowledge, skills and assistance in the diagnostic process.
- Also, developed and implement data analysis models and strategies to identify repeating issues.
- Functioned to implement the tools and strategies with all Problem Mangers in the ITSM organization.
- A key responsibility of this role is creating and managing a knowledge base to maintain the information about known errors and workarounds for the service desk and self-service portals to use.
- Developed data analysis models, utilizing Power BI with direct data loads from the ticketing system, that identified 1,700+ repeating Incident Tickets, which were classified into 70 Problem Categories. Worked closely with teams to close 35 of the 70 Problem Categories, which stopped over 900 of the repeating Incident Tickets and saved each team a minimum of 40 hours of work per month.
- Outage planning and execution.
- Maintenance planning activities.
- Capacity Planning.
- Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 support.
- Rotating 7x24 on-call support of all landscapes with over 150 SID’s on 9+ landscapes.
- SAP Basis team rotating Database/Technology/Security Architect, each of these architecture roles were concurrent with my role as SAP Basis Administrator and Problem Manager.
- Planned and executed the ITS/HR environment upgrade and expansion for cyclic Open Enrollment over several years, which typically involved 55,000 users accessing the HR ESS/MSS system through the portal and HR infrastructure.
- Performed the HR BSI Taxfactory Cyclic release upgrades for the entire HR landscape.
- Primary SAP Basis Lead on Windows based Divestiture system setup, configuration and support. This included providing two-way Windows/UNIX connectivity for communications, file transfers and transports. Used Visual Basic to script automated transports to keep divestiture systems synchronized with UNIX based production system. Also, developed Visual Basic scripts to automate back execution and reporting.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Azure Cloud architectural design and configuration planning for security, HA and DR options for Fortune 500 company’s SharePoint Farm and I performed SharePoint administration, troubleshooting and server migrations.
- SAP DMS/MaxDB database Windows server planning, upgrades and migrations working directly with large healthcare provider.
- SAP C4C Cloud planning, implementation and support.
- ABAP/Java performance analysis and tuning, support pack application and kernel patches/upgrades
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol design and support for SSL, Cipher Suites configuration and SNC setup, and configurations.
- Setup and maintenance of the Transport Management System
- Configuring and supporting Solution Manager Operations
- Solution Manager 7.2 upgrade and configuration
- Configured and maintained the Central System Landscape Directory (SLD), LMBD and Solution Manager Managed System Configuration
- System capacity planning, health checks, analysis of system errors and trace files
- CUA setup and maintenance