- Overall, 13 years of IT experience with over 8 years of hands on experience in ERP/SAP, which includes three full life cycle implementations, Enhancements, multiple rollouts, upgrades and production Support/User issues, End - User Training & Documentation.
- Experienced in gathering and analyzing business requirements, identifying process gaps between AS-IS and TO-BE processes, re-engineering business processes, creating business blueprints, mapping processes to SAP R/3 functionality and collecting master data.
- Worked on 3 Full Life Cycle implementation Projects right from Blue Printing to Realization & Go Live and 1 migration to S4HANA from ECC .
- Extensive hands on experience in Financial Accounting (FI) including General Ledger (GL), Asset Accounting (AA), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Special Ledger.
- Strong expertise in Controlling: Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA), Internal Orders (CO-IO), Profit Center Accounting (CO-PCA), Product Costing (CO-PC) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) IFRS/ and GAAP reporting.
- Expertise in Configuration and Integration of SD, MM and PP with FI. Good understanding of SD (OTC) and MM (PTP) business processes.
- Involved with Business Process re-engineering/process improvement, multitask oriented and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Worked in the areas of FI-GL transactions and configuring accounts for General Ledger (G/L), Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), Asset Accounting (A/A) and Controlling (CO).
- Responsible for configuring House Banks, Bills of Exchange, Manual & Electronic Bank Statement.
- Worked on Lockbox Processing, electronic funds transfer and Bank statement processing, Exchange Rates, and Translation Ratios, Bank reconciliation and Cash journal.
- Worked on controlling part which includes Cost Center Accounting CO-CCA and Profit Center Accounting CO-PCA, Profitable analysis CO-PA, Product costing CO-PC, WIP and WBS element.
- Experienced in configuring Asset Accounting; maintaining of Chart of Depreciation, defined Assets classes, Account determination, Created Asset Master, Asset Transfer, Asset Retirement, In-house creation of Assets and Depreciation Run.
- Extensively worked on Report writer/ Report painter, CATTs.
- Extensively worked in Data Mapping and Conversions with migration tools like IDOCs, LSMW, CATTs, Batch Data Communication (BDC) using Call Transaction and Batch input methods.
- Experienced in all the phases for migrating SAP ECC System to S/4 HANA 1709 which includes Preparatory Phase, Technical Migration (SUM), Delta Customization, Data (Functional) Migration (Migration Cockpit), Testing and Go-Live.
- Created the characteristics and value fields in Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), defined derivation structures and rules, maintained derivation table and profitability segments.
- Experienced in Costing type, valuation variant, date control, quantity structure control, transfer control and reference variant for defining costing variant in product costing CO-PC.
- Configured and Customized the basic settings, maintained profit center hierarchy, assignments, CO-Objects to Profit Centers, distribution and assessment of costs, Planning and development of Reports.
- Expert in SAP Record to Report (RTR) process, Procure to Pay (P2P), Record to Report (RTR) and Order to Cash (OTC) processes .
- S trong technical, analytical skills combined with outstanding leadership ability, creative problem-solving skills in both strategic, tactical areas.
ERP: SAP R/3 Versions 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0, S4 HANA
TECHNICAL: Report Painter, Report Writer, CATTS, LSMW, ASAP Methodology, ABAP Query, IDOCs, ABAP and excel Skills
DATABASE: MS Access, Oracle
Methodologies: Accelerated SAP (ASAP), SAP Best Practices Professional
Platforms: Dos, Microsoft Windows 95/98, 2000/NT/XP, Vista, Windows 7.0, Windows 10, Oracle DB
SAP FI/CO Consultant
- Followed ASAP Implementation methodology and designed the business processes, wrote blueprint phase documentation and completed Configuration during realization phase.
- Configured company code which includes creating chart of accounts, defined posting period variant, retained earnings account, document types, and tolerance groups for employees, created financial statement version.
- Expert in integration of SD, MM, PP with FI/CO Order to Cash and Procure to Pay cycles.
- Worked with SD Team for Design and Configuration of the Sales process and integration with FI, Settings for Recognition & Revenue Item Category, Defined Condition Tables & Account Keys.
- Integrated AP and AR modules with MM and SD respectively with respect to Account Determination for various Clearing and Adjustment Accounts and Automatic Postings.
- Worked on testing FI - MM, FI - SD and FI- PP integrations. Modified FI - MM, FI - SD Set ups for the better reporting purposes.
- Configured and tested FI-MM integration setups (Automatic Account Determination). Configured FI-SD Integration involving Revenue Account determination, Access Sequence and other areas of Pricing. Configured automatic account assignments for GR/IR clearing accounts.
- Configured direct transfer postings from SD, MM and FI to CO-PA and Customized drill down reports.
- Designed the process of payment proposal approvals for different payment methods like ACH, Wire, Check and P-cards in A/P.
- The final configuration handled unit testing, integration testing for FI-MM, FI-PP, FI-SD, FI-PS drawing up end user documentation.
- Worked on bill of exchange configuration and processing in FI-AR by configuring the reconciliation accounts in the special GL.
- Worked on customer transactions, Master data, Payment terms, Cash application, Lockbox processing, Mapping Bank Lockbox format with Sap lockbox format, customizing payment advice notes on Accounts Receivable (A/R).
- Responsible for A/R customer transactions, credit management, check printing, payment terms, Cash application, Lockbox processing, Cash receipts, clearing and month end and Year-end activities.
- Handled Electronic Bank Statements, Lockbox BAI2, Dunning Procedures, Credit Management (dealing with setting up Credit Control Area, Risk Categories, and Credit Limits for customers) on FI-AR
- Dealt actively with Automatic Payment Program, Banking Interface (using EDI and Outgoing IDOC)
- Pursued Document Splitting (as per the splitting rule as required by managers) facilitating Financial Statement preparation as per its different business segments
- Worked on Asset Conversion from Legacy System
- Defined chart of depreciation, various depreciation areas and depreciation keys, required asset classes, number ranges, revaluation settings etc. in Asset Accounting
- Did the requirement-gathering meeting with the business for the creation of Asset Accounting Blueprint as per IFRS standards.
- Created the blueprint for Asset Accounting Implementation.
- Customized screen layouts for asset master data, asset sub ledgers and asset depreciation areas. Defining transaction types and account assignments for asset acquisitions and retirements.
- In Asset Accounting, performed requirement analysis and functional matching for asset accounting purchase cycle and plant maintenance.
- Conducted workshops for user training on processes, developed user documents, rendered active support for testing and troubleshooting the issues encountered by users
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
SAP S4HANA Consultant
- Upgrade from SAP ECC 6 EHP 7 to S4 HANA Enterprise Management 1709
- Assisted in Functional architecture design for S/4 HANA migration scope.
- Participated in building roadmap for S/4 HANA.
- Worked with team on completing the fit/gap analysis for the move to S/4 HANA 1709
- Worked on data clean up and archiving before the move to S4HANA.
- Worked on multiple test cycles for successfully migrating to S4HANA.
- Configuration of the Business Partner Approach (Customer/Vendor Integration)
- Customizing SAP S/4HANA FICO modules General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Bank Accounting, Fixed Assets Management (AM), Document Splitting, Internal orders.
- Customizing New General Ledger (G/L in SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA).
- Implementation of New Asset Accounting by activating the module.
- Trained the users on how to use the new transaction related to GL which includes both master data and transactional data.
- Assisted the technical team in configuring Fiori Application.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
SAP FICO Consultant
- Gathered business requirements through client meetings and designed the Financial Accounting business processes and provided post go live production support for enhancements.
- Interacted with business users to understand the As-Is process and identified the requirements for To-Be process.
- Supported existing applications within the FICO module as and when required.
- Worked on both Order to Cash process in association with SD team and Procure to Pay process with MM and Manufacturing team.
- Solved the tickets on General ledger, Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profit Center Accounting.
- As a FICO Consultant responsible for implementing Product Costing and Profitability Analysis.
- Product Cost Planning - Material Cost Estimate with Quantity Structure, Standard Cost Calculation and Release with Costing Variant.
- Product Cost Controlling - Month-End Processing for Product Costing, Assessment of Overheads from the Manufacturing Overhead Cost Centers to Production Orders, assignment of default cost centers to profit centers, cost component structure and costing run.
- In CO-Product Costing, worked on basic settings for product cost by period, product cost collectors, cost object hierarchies, preliminary costing and order BOM costing.
- Cost Object Controlling by period (repetitive manufacturing), cost object controlling by order and configuration settings for CO-Product Costing.
- Implemented the month-end functionalities for product costing i.e. overhead calculation, variance and order settlement processes.
- In Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), configured Costing Based CO-PA and Account Based CO-PA, created characteristics and value fields, generated Operating Concern and assigned controlling area to the Operating Concern. Also worked on valuation using material cost estimates and valuation using condition types. Defined various reports in CO-PA.
- In Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), assisted client in design and configuration of PA structures, including decisions on characteristics, key figures, profitability segments, and settlement to CO-PA.
- Configured flow of actual values from MM and SD to CO-PA. Also worked on plan value transfer from CO-PA to PCA.
- Extensively worked on Controlling Area and Operating Concern Configuration as per Business Scenarios and Processes.
- Coordinated with the team for post go live support until first month end close in SAP system.
- Worked on functional specifications of RICEFW objects.
- Prepared the Functional Specifications for various reports as per client requirements.
- Defined unit test scenarios for GL, AP, AR and Cost Center Accounting.
- Worked closely with BI team to generate critical finance reports and functional specifications
SAP FICO Consultant
- Meetings arranged with SME’s to obtain a snapshot of the company’s existing business processes and provide an easy alternative to their legacy system using SAP best practices.
- Documented all the changes, revised the Business Process Procedures to facilitate the changes from the client’s legacy system.
- Performed an AS-IS study and came up with a TO-BE analysis, to have a complete GAP analysis.
- Created a Detailed Description of the configuration that needs to be done in the SAP system.
- Finalization of chart of Accounts and LSMW for upload of Accounts Group, Field status Group that existed previously in the company.
- Configured various components in the SAP FI/CO like Accounts Receivable (A/R), Accounts Payable (A/P) and General Ledger Accounts.
- Configured Adjustment Accounts for reconciliation postings and document number range for reconciliation ledger and worked on reconciliation accounts for A/R and A/P.
- Worked on Credit Limits for customers, configured system for Partial/Residual/Dispute payments for A/R and A/P, defined ERS number ranges & criteria’s and performed Dunning.
- Created Vendor transactions, Master data, Check management, House banks, Payment Terms, Deduction management, Clearing Inter - company Vendor/Customer open items, Logistic invoice verification, Evaluated settlement.
- Significantly worked on AR-customer transactions, Master data, Payment terms, Cash application, Lockbox processing, Mapping Bank Lockbox format with Sap lockbox format, customizing payment advice notes.
- In Fixed Asset Management, Copied Reference Chart of Depreciation, Assigned Chart of Depreciation, Specify Number Assignment across Company Codes & Account Determination.
- Four Depreciation Areas are created to take care of Book Depreciation, Tax Depreciation, and Cost Depreciation, Management Depreciation.
- Created a Chart of Depreciation and carried out settings for asset company code. Made settings for GL accounts for AUC, loss/gain on asset disposal/retirement, for posting depreciation under different Depreciation Areas.
- Maintained Lockbox Configuration for automatic incoming payments, Cash Management, Planning levels in Treasury and EDI & Month End Closings.
- Provided support for Configuration, Implementation and Testing of the customer master records and incoming payments, banking & Intercompany transactions.
- Responsible for Configuring the Dunning Program and defined the layout and the functionals specifications for creating dunning letters which will have the ability to be both mailed and emailed.
- Configured Dummy Profit Center for Statistical postings, Maintained Plan/Versions, Maintained the Master data, Defined profit center hierarchy, provided support for Account Determination for internal goods movement and for production variances.
- Created Internal Orders for different order types, Planning profile, Settlement Profile, Settlement Rules and month end settlements to various cost and profit centers.
- Maintained number ranges for Settlement and Controlling documents and for variance documents, defined posting rules for settlement to financial accounting with different G/L accounts.
- Ensured that the project and the WBS element followed a naming convention which allows them to be readily identified by the function and the department.
- Extensively worked on both Order to Cash (OTC) process in association with SD team and Procure to Pay (PTP) process with MM and Manufacturing team.
- Provided End -User training and prepared Documentation for the end-users.