- Overall 23+ years of strong IT experiences including 15+ years of SAP experience in multiple full lifecycle SAP global implementations including business blueprint documentation, design, configuration, testing, user documentation and postproduction support. Experienced in design, build and deploying SAP - based ERP solutions; leading analysis and design in the SAP FI/CO area
- Have strong knowledge of business processes across major SAP Finance and Order to Cash applications - from bringing the raw materials in the door, to shipping the final product, to sales reporting with major strengths in FI areas of Accounts Receivables, Collections, Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM), GL, SAP Security, Customer Master, Payment cards and Taxware applications
- Efficiently networked with the users to understand business processes for system GAP analysis and delivered short- and long-term sustainable solutions
- Lead the team as the SAP FICO AR subject matter expert (SME) and conducted workshops and trainings to business users and other MIS staff
- Able to adapt to technology changes such as mainframe to SAP client server and migration to SAP ERP from other legacy ERP systems (PeopleSoft and Oracle). Significantly contributed to SAP ERP version upgrade activities
- Fundamental knowledge on Project Management and successfully completed 5 mid and large SAP implementations, roll-outs activities and led 4 enhancement projects.
- In addition to SAP experiences, possess 5 years of experience in support and development using the JD Edwards World ERP system at two major manufacturers. Deep understanding on other ERP systems like PeopleSoft ERP
- Excellent interpersonal skills with problem solving abilities, result oriented, effective in working independently and team environment
SAP Skill set: Expertise in configuration and customization of FI/SD modules (FI/GL, A/R, FSCM, Treasury, SD Payment cards, MM). SME in AR and Bill to Collect processes.
ERP Skill sets: SAP S/4HANA (1909), SAP ECC 6.0, 5.0, 4.7 and JD Edwards World/PeopleSoft ERP
Languages: Visual Basic, SQL, some ABAP, UNIX Scripting, Perl, HTML
Programs: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), HP Quality Center, SQL Server 2000, Paymetric and CyberSource credit card processing software, GetPaid collections software, some IIS
Concepts: ERP, ASAP & CMMI Methodology, Relational database design, systems architectures, analysis of business requirements, SAP Activate methodology, Agile/Scrum methodology
Confidential, Houston, TX
Senior IT Analyst - SAP FICO Functional
- Responsible for configuring and implementation of SAP FSCM module dealing with Credit, Collection, Dispute Management and Biller Direct.
- As a SME in SAP AR, developed accounting requirements, design and assist with system builds, testing, and deliverables implementation of SAP Bill to Collect systems for the Finance & Accounting Group.
- Credit Management Master Data Configuration- Defining rating procedures, Credit Limit & Score formulas, Rules for score and credit limit calculation. Check Rules, Credit Exposure Update, Internal and external rating, Mass Changes and Reporting in Credit Management and Integration with AR
- Collections Management Configuration-Collection Rules, Collection Strategies, Defining Org Structure, Defining Priority and derivation of priority, Promise to Pay and Collection Worklists
- Dispute Management Configuration-Attribute Profile, Function profile, Status profile, Text profile, Defining Case Types, Reason Codes and Root Cause Codes, Standard dispute case processing workflow and experience with complex and extensive enhancement to the workflow
- Account Receivable involved in customization of additional billing functionality like down payment, billing plans, configuration for the dunning, incoming payments, incoming payments like residuals, partial payments, payment differences like underpayment/overpayment, reason codes and cash application. Resolved issues were mainly related to automated payments, Check, ACH, EFT payments, EBS and Lockbox which are critical to business.
- Provided technical expertise and leadership in the design, development, and delivery of BlackLine solution, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Worked as the SME for Halliburton BlackLine Account Reconciliation tool integration with SAP to allow reconciling balance sheet accounts more efficiently with standardization, increased controls, and visibility across the organization.
- Designed BlackLine solutions which allowed for the automation of data transfers, certain postings, and numerous close tasks. Responsible for making sure the BlackLine connectors were installed and interfaced with SAP to ensure that all balances are fully reconciled, book in any adjustment if necessary and upload into Blackline system
- Support Bloomberg Data Service load into SAP to update currency exchange rates in SAP TCURR tables. Responsible for setting up new foreign currencies’ translation and revaluations
- Scheduled various jobs relating to Lockbox banking, Bloomberg and XE.com foreign currency rates and various other jobs that interfaced with outside vendors using Redwood Software Cronacle scheduling software.
- Support P2 Energy’s Bolo application as the administrator where I am responsible to maintain users and their access to the applications and menus within Bolo. Lead the Bolo upgrade project from version 11.3 to 13.5.
- Worked with SAP Security team to manage roles and other security access to users for different t-codes, programs & tables
- Worked in an aggressive Divestiture projects where I was responsible to set up a new instance of FSCM, AR and BlackLine for companies that were being divested
- Worked with the integration team to consolidate credit management functionality between pending merger of Halliburton and Baker Hughes companies. This includes, understanding As-is and To-be process, GAP Analysis
- Solution design and deployment - preparing functional specifications, coordinating with developer throughout the development phase, Test Scripts, Unit testing, FAT testing, SIT, Regression testing
- Involved in S/4 HANA finance POC project in Sandbox using Activate Methodology in all following lifecycle phases - Discover, Prepare, Explore, Realize, Deploy, Run - Prototype
- Worked with IT to harmonize master data from source systems to the S/4 HANA Finance system using SUM 2.0 and with developers to evaluate code using Custom Code Migration tool and SAP Readiness check
- Worked on EBiz Optimization project where the E-Commerce roadmap was automated as the oil and gas market, customers have continued to move towards electronic invoice integration allowing customers to become more efficient and streamlined. The project allowed the E-Commerce department to deploy more quickly and efficiently, with the goal of eliminating non-value add processes to expedite customer invoice integrations. The project include integration of OpenInvoice Trading Partner, EDI pop-up screens directly into SAP with smart table/view, custom billing notes automatically built in SAP for reference based of custom user entered data, consolidation of scattered E-Commerce tables into a single dashboard and automation of dispute cases from all Trading Partners to appropriate teams 24/7
- Maintain production support activities by resolving incidents within aggressive SLA timelines
- Excel under high pressure - simultaneously worked on emergency changes, release changes, high priority incidents and delivered quality results
- Worked with external vendors to evaluate viable solutions partners to provide Oil and Gas Accounting software packages in the Latin America market
- Worked with third party solutions providers to evaluate and recommend external solutions for AR cash applications
- Handled defect coordination for Finance team. With every release, whatever defects are encountered in test environments are to be fixed for the release to take place successfully.
- Prepared documentation and took trainings for my offshore team
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Senior Systems Analyst
- Actively involved in 5 Global rollouts of Confidential Finance+ and One Vision project implementations - including functional requirements gathering, gap analysis, functional and technical design specifications, development/configuration activities, execution of appropriate unit test scenarios to ensure solution integrity.
- Participated in project management efforts including the definition of project scope, review of implementation options, timely completion of status updates, assessment of project status, identify solutions to maintain project timeline, resource leveling, and leading/facilitating meetings across technical and business areas.
- Collaborated with technical staff to research, evaluate, develop, test and implement new and/or currently unused functional and technical solutions to enhance the value of Thomson Reuter’s business systems.
- Worked with production support SOX compliance requirements involving ticket documentation, configuration specification, development, STS transport flags etc.
- Created business requirements, functional specification, configuration, coordinate with development teams, transport SAP config, unit test before passing them to the business for testing and validation
- As the Accounts Receivables Subject Matter Expert, involved with huge AR finance and banking projects for all continental Confidential companies by doing requirement gathering, blue printing, master data setup, data transfer, configuration, unit testing and helping business testing
- Experienced in Configuring AR Business module, Configuring and Customizing Customer master data, Customer payments, Customer invoice processing, Oder to cash process, Finance documents Global settings (Posting Keys, payment terms), Dunning and Reporting
- Worked on treasury module in Lockbox processing, Bank accounts, Manual and Electronic Bank statements, Bills of Exchange and Cash journal
- Configured and tested the Lockbox program for Accounts Receivables payments in BAI2 Format
- Provided specification, and configuration of posting rules for processing customer payments via Lockbox
- Involved in providing functional specifications for modifying the lockbox program to handle negative valuesand credit memos and also created Credit Control Areas and pre-defined Credit Limits for Customers
- Conducted business value assessment of Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM)
- Provided best practices business rules of FSCM to business leads
- Configured Account Receivables which included Dunning, Incoming payments settings, Down payments procedure and Credit management
- Integration of FI with MM and SD modules, Fine-tuning interfaces with FI, GL, AP, and AR including validation / substitution rules
- Configured the settings in G/L area, such as creating G/L master data, cross-company code transactions, with multiple currencies and multiple company codes, and open item clearing.
- Configured GL transactions for business processes such as fast-entry screens, posting, parking, reversals and month end closings.
- Configured and maintained House banks with multiple bank accounts, Alternate bank selections for payments, assigned check lots and defined void reason codes.
- Helped to identify and solve the issue in credit card bolt on applications & tax issues.
- Created configuration database, prototypes, test results documents, user training documents for all requirements.
- Lead all AR data conversion projects for Confidential businesses.
- Created LSMW for mass data changes in AR acquisitions and create business process documents.
- Experienced with scoping, reviewing, designing and testing functional specifications for RICEF technical objects affecting respective business processes
- Handled AR interfaces to solve day to day production issues. Fixing error in the batch jobs and re-loading the file to create or update AR lockbox records on daily or weekly basis.
- Conducted weekly priority ticket meeting with business for requirements and create weekly status report for the business review.
- Worked with Hypercare teams to solve production issues and participating UAT team support for Confidential global companies.
- As a SME Finance AR for outsourced projects in SAP FI/CO, supervised the setup and raining of off-shore staff and managed transition including technical support.
- Experienced in manufacturing, retail, corporate law and finance industry.