SAP Business and Technology Consultant with versatile and extensive experience, including ten (10) years with Confidential specifically in SAP HANA space. Current focus on S/4 HANA migration to VPC for a multinational consumer goods corporation in the capacity of SAP HANA DB and BASIS role. In the past worked heavily and extensively on HPE Converged System for SAP HANA as Solution Architect involving sizing and delivery to multiple clients all over North America and Europe. Also worked multiple years in SAP Analytics as a BW Developer & Specialist before joining HP/HPE.
Client Support Representative
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
SAP Business Consultant
- S/4 HANA migration to VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) which includes architect, sizing, build, installation, setup, configure, integrate and maintain SAP HANA DB and SAP S/4HANA.
- Involved in the Supply Chain and Master Data S/4HANA migration projects from SAP HANA DB and BASIS perspective
- SAP HANA Backup & Recovery, DR, security roles and users - setup and support.
- Optimization and CAPM using multiple tools & reports - HWCCT, HCMT, SAP HANA Mini Check, EWA, TPO, DVM Cloud Solutions for S/4HANA systems, and Solman.
- Worked in Presales for SAP HANA Cloud Analytics Solutions which involved Product research, selling proposition, offerings and RFPs.
- Research work involved S/4HANA migration tools comparison - Migration Cockpit, SNP, Syniti, Datavard; and other tools SmartShift & IBIS
- Global Delivery Manager for DXC RS4SAP services maintaining a global team supporting SAP HANA environments
- SME for supporting, optimizing, CAPM, upgrades SAP HANA Scaleup/OLTP & Scaleout/OLAP landscapes running on HPE Converged systems for SAP HANA for multiple clients.
- Complete SAP HANA administration which involves managing and monitoring SAP HANA performance - delta merge, compression, reorg, partitioning, placement, table load and unload, replication and redistribuition in case of Scaleout.
- Troubleshooting in case of production/non-production issues to meet SLAs using multiple tools SAP HANA Studio, command Line, and SAP HANA Cockpit, and RCA for higher management.
- Workload management, and problem analysis via hdbcons, and diagnosis files
- SAP Platform and Application LifeCycle Management, and SAP HANA content upload.
- Scaling up and scaling down the environments by adding or removing the nodes in a distributed environment.
- SAP HANA Smart data access and management, performance tools and troubleshooting, and Hadoop integration
- Maintainanace of the overall health of SAP HANA DB by proactively looking at the alerts generated by Studio in an automated fashion, and keep track of all the dumps, if any, and diagnosis files to look for any opportunity for improvement.
- Monthly report - presentation deck with analysis at a high level for management, deep technical overall health via Minichecks and proactively providing the current bug list and their effects depending on the use case.
SAP HANA SME
- Solution Architect, sizing and delivery of HPE Converged Systems for SAP HANA, FastStart services, for multiple clients all over US and Europe - Scaleup and Scaleout involving Intel Nehalem, Westmere, IVY Bridge, Haswell and Broadwell; and TDI environments
- Appliance build from ground up - all layers up until SAP HANA DB, i.e. all aspects of ITO and Appliance - Storage, SAN fabric, LAN, Servers (SLES, RHEL, Windows), configuration and setup plus integration into Customer Data Center.
- Delivery engagements involved updating os, security patches (os hardening), and SAP HANA DB to the latest revision. Optimal network setup depending on the use case, i.e. front end, backend, SLT and Backup channel. Knowledge transfer and training to Customer and support staff.
- Setup and configuration of Backup and Recovery, DR (storage & HPE SG) replication, and support
- Full SAP HANA Implementation Project for a pharma Client with use case involved SLT and BODS, BOBJ, and BW on HANA.
- NetBackup, HPE DP, Rear, os scripts for automation, security and compliance; documentation and support.
- HPE Service Guard design, solutioning, replication setup - Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Supported for almost three years Pharma Client out of NJ for all their SAP HANA needs - upgrades from h/w and SAP HANA perspective, optimization and decommissioning.
- Setting up HPE demo systems for clients to show HPE SI expertise - integration of SAP Business Objects Platform and Data Services.
- Demo the delivery with modeling, information views with front end connectivity via SAP Business Objects and/or MS Excel
- Rapid Deployment Services including data provisioning via integration of SLT and side car COPA solutions
- Worked closely with Solution Architects, PreSales, Sales and Marketing teams to promote HPE products and services.
- Speaker and Presenter with hands-on training and demo twice back to back at Annual Deloitte Netweaver Summit for SAP HANA in estLake, Texas.
- Represented HPE at multiple conferences including SAP TechEd, Summits and Demos promoting SAP HANA related HPE Products and Services.
SAP BWA Expert
- Helped drive stability in the mixed blade environment
- Provided analysis on critical issues and day to day support and maintenance
- Helped develop/implement many best practices for maintaining the BWA environment
- Defined and played instrumental role in planning and executing the Index Recovery associated with the BWA Upgrade.
- Trained BWA Support team from appliance management and maintenance perspective in Costa Rica.
- Performed data and application analysis and presented various areas for improvement to make an overall stable and reliable environment
SAP BW Architect
- One-time cleanup of unused objects, queries and workbooks not used for the past 13 months and backend objects not being used, obsolete, replaced or retired
- Establishment of governance policies for creation and retention of objects created by the business, & design, development and QA of objects developed by IT
- Programmatic mechanism for enforcement of policy with respect to retention of objects
- Capacity planning
SAP BW Architect
- Two weeks engagement for sizing assessment of the capacity of existing production SAP BW Landscape to meet future needs
- Assessment of future Disk, CPU, & Memory requirements based on observed and projected growth profiles for data loading & staging, query workloads, query complexity, and user growth requirements
- Recommendations for Job Scheduling & Monitoring solution to improve workload scheduling based on available system resources
- Implementation of new version of Linux on existing BWA and integration of more HPE Blades to current BWA Landscape in Production and non - production environments.
- Planning, resource allocation and communication to Stakeholders
- Collaboration with BASIS and db administrators to resolve related issues
- Evaluation and testing of data loads, and basic and advanced BWA functionalities
- Testing queries with and without BWA usage to find discrepancies
- Rebuilding of all indices through a maintained process chain
- Project: Product Cost Controlling/Material Ledger
- Preliminary assessment of the Product Costing reporting in ECC 6.0 for comprehensive data views
- Selection of BW to provide a wider scope and flexible selection of information for analysis
- Designing and laying out the road map for Material Ledger analysis and reporting
- Requirements gathering from Business users
- Carrying out gap analysis
- Writing Functional and Technical specs
- Data modeling to include missing objects and fields
- Reports designing and creation of iViews
- Project: Enhancement Package Upgrade (EHP1/SP05)
- Implementation of new HCM module in ECC 6.0 and its subsequent requirement to have updated EHP1
- Implementation of EHP1/SP05 across all Netweaver boxes to keep the SAP landscape in sync.
- Carrying out Preliminary tasks working with BASIS and Abapers for SPDD and SPAU resolution in Functional and Technical Boxes
- Identification of side effects, Hot news and High priorities OSS notes applicable to the environment
- Performing Smoke test and Sanity check to validate system health Resolution of all Post Implementation issues
- Project: Support Pack Stack Upgrade (SPS14, SPS18)
- Updating the landscape to keep it in sync and to use newer built-in functionalities and features
- Planning, resource allocation and tasks assignment
- Coordination and communication of related tasks to Abaper, BASIS and Change Management team members
- Sorting out all side effects, Hot priority Notes and have them implemented
- Creation of test cases for each BW environment in HPE Quality Center
- Maintenance of all user accounts and their privileges and delivering training session to users about how to use HPE Quality Center
- Thoroughly testing the environment, Front and Back end
- Updates to test cases as per the new functionalities or release notes
- Resolution of post implementation issues and problems
- Analysis of daily updates to actual orders requested, confirmed and delivered and daily updates made to future months' forecast before they become official
- Compare the accuracy of the Sales, LOB, Statistical, Consensus forecasts made for a range of dates within the current year.
- Compare the accuracy rates of the current forecast to any forecast made on the same orders during the last 13 months.
- Gathering Business requirements from End users
- Performing gap analysis
- Development of multidimensional model
- Enhancement of extractors and updating routines
- Performing Full and delta loads and comparing the result set with the source system
- Implementation of solution in time with all the required front - end reports