- I have over thirteen years of consulting experience working on various SAP implementations and upgrades in various roles and processes under Record to Report and Procure to Pay.
- I have mainly worked in Telecom, High Tech, Consumer Products and Life Sciences industry sectors.
- Roughly two thirds of my experience is in the Finance/ Controlling modules mainly COPA, Revenue Recognition, Billing and New GL, Product Costing, APO Demand Planning and Activity Rate Planning, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Service Contracts, Installation & Warranty while my other experience is divided between managing projects, end to end deployments covering HANA/S4, BI.
- Recently, I have led an end - to end implementation as FICO Project Manager.
- I have been involved in other end to end projects as subject matter expert in Revenue Recognition, Product Costing, Material Ledger, Payroll Integration Time Card, Month-end close scheduling and Profitability Analysis facilitating/supporting managerial decision making processes.
- My strengths include determining business requirements, facilitating workshops, resource planning and budgeting of RICEFW items, mapping requirements to the technology, identification and disposition of gaps, change management, participation in organization readiness checks, leading various curriculums/classes tailored to day to day roles of business users.
- I have good hold of various tools such as HPQC, U-perform, ARIS and other third party systems used during various phases of an implementation. International experiences include implementations in South- Asia, Europe, Mexico and Canada for localized workshops.
- My other experience includes management consulting, developing and delivering strong presentations, story boarding and development of key reports and KPIs. I have SAP Integration experience with Order to cash, EDI/IDOCS, Logistics and Procurement, Production Planning and Revenue Recognition.
- Other experiences include facilitation of workshops to end users groups, off-shore project development strategy and delivery processes.
- SAP Accounts Receivables, Revenue Recognition, Milestone Billing, Deferred Revenue, Advance Payments, EDI/IDOC setup, Payment run Execution/ Bank Reconciliations, Configuration of Lockbox, EBS, EDI - Electronic Data Interchange functional design documentation
- SAP Profitability Analysis Account based and Costing Based COPA - Managerial Reporting and other P&L Reporting
- SAP APO Demand Planning and Automatic Activity Rate Calculations
- Procure to Pay cycle, GR/IR process, Accounts Payables, Logistics Invoice Verification and Automatic Payment Programs, LIV processes
- SAP Product Costing, Make to Order with Sales Order BOM, Make to Stock - discrete orders and Actual Costing with Material Ledger and Inventory Management
- Change Management, Business Strategy, Management Consulting and Organization Readiness checks and Governance of roles
- SAP BPC Planning and Hyperion consolidations
- Deployment, material development via RWD recordings and BPPs- Business Process Procedures and Hyper care support
- SAP Transfer Pricing using Material Ledger, Month-end Intercompany Invoices and clearing and Consolidations Month-end Close Schedules
- Participate in SOW creation and estimations, Staffing and Budgeting resources on various components of a project.
- Migration from Classic GL to New GL in ECC 6.03 using migration Cockpit, Segment reporting leveraging document splitting, Balance Sheets by Profit Centers, Trading Partners and Functional Area design
- SAP Project Systems - Installation, Service Warranty and process, SAP Report Painter and Report Writer reports, Custom ECC Report, B1/BW reports
- Identification, design and development of RICEFW objects
- Experience with HP Quality Center, Solution Manager, Uperform (RWD)
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Mfg. Finance SAP Lead
- Lead the Manufacturing Finance team on various initiatives various enhancing visibility to Actual Product cost and Standard Cost.
- Implemented new solution Standard Cost 2 showing cost including fixed overheads.
- Designed and developed a custom report showing Actual cost of key revenue products.
- Develop material showing the usage and execution of Actual Cost Report.
- Develop desktop procedures showing monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks.
- Advise business process users on the design of upcoming projects.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
SAP Revenue Recognition Lead
- my role at project ignition is to review the string test scripts as well as end to end test scripts for any GAP in the areas of Revenue and General Ledger.
- Analyze and develop the test execution progress report for management
- Review the test scripts for missing SOX controls.
- Review the Design and Blueprint documents and test Scripts to identify any gaps in functionality and scripting.
- Review the Close calendar for completeness.
- Identify the tasks and reports to be executed as part of close process in the areas of Revenue, AR, Intercompany, Consolidations, and Inventory etc.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Update the Customer Billing Calendars per new Fiscal Calendar.
- Update table TVARVC and tested key batch jobs for timings.
- Testing of AMATs major customer billing requirements One invoice per delivery/pull, same as transactional spares, Single invoice is net of returns, credits and adjustments, Invoice reconciliation to customer usage records prior to billing, Billing PO number provided at end of billing period, Specific exchange rate is requirement in billing, Specific billing periods, different to Confidential periods, Payment is made with no to Confidential billing, Multiple product billings need to be combined etc.
- Documented the impact of having a shortened Fiscal year on objects such as open Service Contracts with billing plans spanning over several months, Confidential planning layouts changes for facilitating planning, End to end testing of TPM contracts with Customer billing plans with revenue recognition, debugging of several enhancements to make sure all the Calendar to fiscal period mappings are correct, assessment and testing of various interfaces.
- Facilitated regional user acceptance testing, contributed to Change management and material preparation for upcoming changes regional contract creation specialists.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
SAP Procure to Pay Project Manager
- My role at Ignition Project is to manage the implementation of Procure to Pay and Accounts Payable functionality in SAP from scratch.
- Confidential is moving processes from Oracle to SAP in several phases incorporating process Improvements.
- I started the project in design phased and manage the resourcing and budgeting of key RICEFW objects including new Interfaces and key Reports.
- Oversee the build performed by Confidential team’s onsite and offshore.
- Manage the deployment of new functionality in SAP leveraging Open Text, COUPA and Concur
- .Worked closely with 11 key Vendors of Confidential who submit weekly and monthly Invoice files consisting of thousands of Invoices.
- Ensure timely payment of Invoices after go-live.
- Managed the CWT Employee and Employee-Vendor profiles from CONCUR.
- Manage COUPA interface for direct and in-direct purchases and enablement the Purchase Orders creation in SAP.
- Manage team of 6 offshore Build resources and 14 end used in India, Europe and North America.
- Work on Cost estimation and control of the build of new functionality, get the UAT testing sign offs and defect resolution in HPQC.
- Monitor and categorize defect into key categories of timely resolution.
- Review cutover plan with Business and IT resources. Track cutover task list and communications to key resources during cutover week.
- Worked closely with key vendors to make sure SAP payments are delivered timely to avoid late penalties.
- Deploy custom upload program to process Invoices with VAT tax, GST/HST taxes and withholding taxes on daily and weekly basis.
- Facilitate the delivery of required to Business Users on the usage of Custom Invoice upload program and new functionality implemented.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Product Costing Kronos Time Entry Finance Lead
- Design includes various interfaces between SAP ECC, Kronos and Workday systems.
- Facilitate workshops with various Business Process Owners from Payroll, HR, Engineering, Manufacturing and Field Service functions.
- Manage the build and integration meeting closely with onshore and offshore developers.
- Worked with key BPO’s to outline the various test scenarios with for both exempt and non-exempt employee time cards.
- Manager and delegation of time card approval. Time entry with for production orders via routings for Standard Production Orders, rework orders, acquisition orders, engineering order, projects and field service orders.
- Design and deploy solution of travel expense capturing in Concur.
- Lead the Varian Integration of Product Costing processes to that of Confidential ECC system.
- Lead various design workshops around the Product Costing make to Order Costing with Sales Order BOM scenario.
- Captured the gaps and worked constantly on the disposition of gaps with the Business Process Owners.
- Manage 12 Off-shore resources and 5 on-shore resources during the build of solutions in SAP ECC for Sales Order Costing Scenario with Material Ledger involving Legal and Group Currencies.
- Lead the Project “Service Continuum” that involves Contracts and Service Orders.
- Non-tool and Tool based contracts with Service & Installation hours captured on Service Orders.
- The project involves Project System and WBS Elements to capture all the Revenues and costs incurring from the System Sale, Installation and Warranty process ending with delivery costs etc.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Record to Report Deployment Manager
- Project involves implementation of SAP for Europe and North America units of Confidential .
- The team is structured as Core Team and Deployment teams.
- As a PTR FICO deployment lead my role is to facilitate workshop to capture requirements in areas such as Overhead Planning with SOP, COPA, Product Costing, Material Ledger and Month end close requirements. Designing and configuring COPA top-down distributions and Actual Cost comparison with Material Ledger integration in COPA.
- Importing Electronic Bank Statement, finalized the Payment Advice Journal, Tested exchange ratios for currency translation, defined and tested Interest rates
- Develop functional specifications for BI/BW team for various KPIs. Configure Material Ledger Actual Cost Calculation.
- Manage the team of three onsite consultants responsible for FI, Data and BPC modules with 2 offshore resources. Deploy the Advanced Optimizing and Planning tool (AOP) for demand planning and calculation of automatic Activity pricing based on Fiscal budgets. Plan the Test schedules for ITC1, ITC2, Business Acceptance Testing and Day in the Life tests. Facilitating and planning course developments with development team members and SMEs.
- Document and review various user manuals for end users in areas of Product Costing, Material Ledger, Order to Cash and Accounts Receivables.
- Facilitate weekly change management sessions with key users such as Plant Managers, Plant Controllers, Cost Accountants, Cost Managers, Accounting clerks and Accounting Managers from all Sites across North-America.
Sr. RTR CO Specialist
- Project involves EPC model where the existing legal entity structure is decomposed into smaller units and some country functions go in EPC.
- The legal title flow of goods is re-directed via the EPC company code triggering to the creation of inter-company services and VAT tax procedures.
- Develop new financial flows highlighting the new intercompany process and procedures. Integrate and design of Order to Cash processes with Plants- Abroad functionality leveraging VAT condition types for the calculation of Material Cost. Implement Accounts Receivables settings for payment processing.
- Profitability for all the Sales orders, Service Orders and Third Party Drop Ship scenarios were the key processes in the implementation as per the organization structural changes due to SLO.
- Both Accounts based and costing based COPA are activated in the Diversey Op.
- Configure VAT tax code and condition types and VAT pricing with GL integration for 23 countries in the commonwealth union.
- Support the Procure-to-Pay area for critical issues for around 23 company codes.
- Configured tax codes for Sales tax on Purchases.
- I have extensively worked on inbound/ outbound interface related issues from /to external systems and middleware such as EDI 820, revenue recognitions, automatic payment program configuration and handling related issues for AP and AR areas and issues relating to Logistic invoice verification.
- Handle month-end and year-end close activities.
- Management reporting was the key requirement in the new EPC Model.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Material Ledger/Transfer Pricing Lead
- Very fast paced and demanding client. Having SAP implemented 15 years ago, project involves migration from Classic GL to New GL in ECC 6.03.
- My roles is to Manage the migration, Design, configuration, testing and deployment of New GL functionality including full document splitting with Confidential - balancing by profit Center and of CO-FI real time integration.
- Scope includes introduction of trading partners and functional area design.
- Provide part-time guidance to client team during the design phase. Project also involves decommissioning of PCA
Confidential, San Diego, CA
SAP FICO Manager
- Lead fit/gap analysis sessions and playback workshops to complete to-be process design.
- Collaborate with Project Management to define and communicate methodology approach and Blueprint templates.
- Provide guidance to team members to complete quality Blueprint deliverables in a timely manner.
- Scope includes full implementation of AR module and AP functionality.
- Handle AR-customer transactions, Master data, credit management, payment terms, Cash application, Lockbox processing, Mapping Bank Lockbox format with SAP lockbox format, Customizing payment advice notes, Post-processing Lockbox data, Classifying deductions with reason codes and reason codes conversion program processing unidentified, on-account and partial payments and Clearing customer accounts through various transactions. Work on Partial, Residual Payment types.
- Maintain tax codes and tax jurisdiction codes for US and CA company codes worked with Vertex system and FTXP.
- Work on Invoice processing, ERS, consignment settlements and Invoicing plans.
- Implement EDIs such as 820, 821, 831, 828, 824 and 810. Partner profiles setup for Banks
Product Costing/ CO Manager
- provide leadership and management for the SAP ERP Controlling practice, and to develop an effective team that will meet and exceed customer and partner expectations.
- Driving effective implementation strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific technology value propositions and responsible for making strategies in increasing Diligent consulting capabilities in other ERP's/ tools supporting costing and decision making systems and Reporting tools. Manage the end to end implementation of SAP CO functionality including Product Costing, profitability Analysis.
- The design also fits well into the global template designed for Confidential group of companies so that the contribution margins are common for the group reporting.
- Freight is another area which is treated as part of Standard cost today.
- The new design will be able to track the total freight per invoice for true customer and product profitability.
- Production variance analysis is configured in a way that will provide Confidential with better decision making transparency.
- Confidential analysis will be available real-time by various possible dimensions including the Original invoice and related deduction documents from vistex.
- Ensure on-time execution of all deliverables working closely with all the teams in the matrix organizations within the project
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Confidential was using the Resale price method of Transfer Pricing for the movement of finished goods across legal entities. Worked on Intercompany pricing procedures for the Stock Transfer between the Manufacturing company codes and Distribution company codes.
- Supported Costing based profitability Analysis in order to make better decisions in terms of make or buy a product, provide visibility to all the production variance components.
- Designed and implemented the Sales and COGS planning in COPA by using the SD condition types for the planning process as well.
- Provide reports for comparing the corporate standard costs with the Manufacturing Plant standard costs.
- Future Cost of Goods Sold and Revenue Analysis.
- Develop the functionality to display Sales Planning in new GL reports- FIG0. Develop functionality for the Distribution Lead to track inbound and outbound shipments precisely.
- Other shipments include plant to plant moves.
- Provide the freight reporting visibility to the Client to calculate the Excess freight and Traffic Profit by tracking the freight related to a Batch/ Pallet from Manufacturing plant to the end customer.
Post Implementation Support
- SHW uses SD condition types and condition records for actual postings of revenue, cost, and other surcharges and overheads.SHW is utilizing the COPA module intensively for automated and manual sales forecasting and budgeting.
- My role was to configure new condition tables, access sequences in COPA referring the condition tables in SD to get the royalty payments and the freight expenses calculated based on the planned quantities.
- The planned quantities are uploaded by the end user in Confidential based on the sales forecast and based on the planned quantities, Revenue, COGS, Allowances, freight, royalty and other shipping and warehousing expenses are calculated.
- Updated the cost center assessment cycles used for month end allocation of expenses.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
SAP FICO Consultant
- Developed various reports in KE30 as well as in FGI0 (new GL functionality) to deliver the Profit and Loss statement by Strategic Business Unit, which is a derived characteristic in COPA this Project.
- Develop various ad-hoc reports in Report Painter/Report Writer. Worked on Month-end close schedule for FICO module, FI, CO Close, BPC report reconciliations to FI, BPCS and ESSBASE.
- Configured Payment advice form, Automatic Payment program and worked with Treasury team on defined Exchange rate differences.