- Over 15 years of experience in SAP configuration, design and implementation. In - depth knowledge and experience in SAP FI/CO implementation encompassing seven projects which are full implementation cycles from Blue Printing to Realization and Go Live, upgrade and support projects
- Multiple End to End implementations in SAP FICO AP, AR and GL, Implementations in SAP New G/L: Document Splitting, Ledger Solution and Multiple Scenarios including IFRS-15.
- 8+ Implementations in Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting and Cost Elements accounting with SAP Project Systems implementations (integration with contracts and orders).
- Three End to End COPA - Profitability Analysis implementations.
- Two product costing implementations make to stock and repetitive manufacturing processes. Three End to End OTC - Order to Cash (SAP FICO - SD Integration) implementations with complex billing and invoicing and resource related billing solutions, Revenue Recognition, Pricing procedure, Intercompany sales and STO, Credit Management.
- Two End to End PTP - Procure to Pay (SAP FICO - MM Integration) implementations with LIV, ERS, consignment business processes.
- Two Sales and Use tax implementation (for US and Canada - GST and PST). 2 Implementations in SAP Fixed Assets / Asset Management.
- Two full upgrade projects up to ECC 6.0. Efficient use of Report painter, Report writer and LSMW. Accurate and reliable Period end closing, foreign currency valuation. One Closing Cockpit implementation. Extensive working experience across various industries like Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Gas and Energy, Utility, Manufacturing and Retailing.
- Expert in customization of SAP ERP ECC 6.0, 5.0, 4.7 & 4.6c versions in FI-CO modules.
- Performed FI testing (FI-AR, FI-AP, FI-AA, FI-GL, New GL, CO-CCA,CO-PCA,CO-PA,CO-OCA). Experienced System configuration in SAP Controlling modules costing & allocations, internal orders, management reporting, product cost controlling (CO-PC,CO-PA,CO-CCA,CO-IO).
- Excellent analytical, quick learning and problem-solving skills with a desire to work in a team-oriented environment .A team player with excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in External Reporting and preparation of Financial Statements with good understanding of GAAP.
- Conducted training sessions, provided end user training and prepared training documents. Adept in various financial processes including Auditing, Assurance, Accounting processes, Financial statements, Fund Flow Management, Reporting, Consolidation and analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Integration expert for integrating the entire Purchase-2-Pay business process: Creation and maintenance of vendor master records. Vendor transaction processing (including invoices and payments) Integrated nature within the MM component, Invoice verification & Outgoing payment process.
- Testing Experience using HPQC
ERP: S/4 HANA, Simple Finance, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP ECC 5.0, SAP R/3 4.5b/4.6C / 4.7, SAP Solution manager 4.0, SAP Web Application Server 6.40.
SAP Technology: ABAP/4 Workbench, Data Dictionary, Interfaces, Conversions, Exits, BAPI, BAdIs, EDI/ALE, RFC and IDOCs, C,C++,JAVA
Servers: SAP (NetWeaver 2004s/2004, WAS 6.x, ITS 6.x), J2EE Engine on WAS640/WAS700.
Databases: HANA 2.0, HANA 1.0, Oracle 7.x/ 8.x/ 9i/10g, MS SQL Server 2000 SP04, MaxDB, DB2 UDB.
Hardware: IBM RS6000, Compaq Alpha Server 4100/ ES40, IBM Netfinity, HP 9000, Sun.
Operating Systems: HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, Windows NT/ 2000/ 2003.
SAP S/4 HANA FICO Consultant
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Testing and Configured SAP financials and Controlling(FI/CO) and SAP Asset management.
- Process re-engineering and change management. Worked on gathering business requirements worldwide. Also responsible for heading up the definition of the client’s business processes, re-engineering said processes and implementing AP (FI-AP, FI-BL & MM-LIV).
- Responsible for facilitating the gathering of requirements specific to Accounts Payable from 34 sites in 20 countries (which included 13 different stand-alone legacy systems).
- Responsible for training team members on, and for facilitating the creation of global business process flows related to Accounts payable; which includes FI-AP and MM-LIV invoice entry, exception handling and the payment program.
- Configuration of Bank accounting. Responsible for creation of house banks and configuring the Payment Program with the related Bank Accounting Sub module. Transactions in order to outsource payment execution to Bank of America for said countries.
- Configuration and training of team members to facilitate configuration for 34 sites worldwide. This included an analysis of the current banking structure and interfacing with the Bank responsible for the ‘single source’ data transfer approach. Configured the payment program itself, including up to 6 different payment methods for each country.
- House bank creation including the usage of EDI related fields required for the creation of IDOC (which were the means of transmitting the data to the bank via FTP). Creation and usage of bank chains for both Vendors and House Banks. Documented and trained team members on the usage of bank details for 43 different countries to enable the client to pay said vendors via wire.
- Maintenance and creation of vendor master data including the setting up of tolerance limits for employees. Defining and setting payment blocks
- Assisted the Vendor Master Team with cleanup and validation of bank details for over 7,000 vendors paid via wire worldwide.
- Worked with the Treasury consultant on interfacing the needs of the Treasury department with those of the Accounts Payable Departments worldwide.
- Data Conversion for devising and implementing the approach used in loading both AP open items and GL balances into SAP.
- Analyzed requirements for processing Intercompany AR & AP transactions. Creation of initial specifications for configuring and implementing Intercompany functionality and use of planning functions using Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC).
- Review invoices for proper asset account coding. Review and research ‘Revised/Unposted’ to ensure all invoices and entries have the correct asset number.
- Set-up assets based upon requests received. Issue and track number logs.
- Run Asset Creation Process and investigate and clean-up items as appropriate.
- Process asset transfers and disposals. Maintain assets in the system to ensure integrity of data and codes. Run monthly depreciation on all assets.
- In addition, I was responsible for co-managing the AP portion of the project, which included creating the scope document, the project plan (which included a projecting a go-live date) and the scope document.
- Responsible for the Post Go-Live Support of the US region. This includes interfacing with the Accounts Payable and Purchasing departments to implement temporary business processes to manage the transfer of unconverted legacy data into SAP.
- Conducted Post-Go Live support integrated workshops for the Accounts Payable department to educate on the integrated aspects of the two modules which included GR/IR maintenance, Blocking Codes and Framework Order Management.
SAP S/4 HANA FICO Lead
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Worked as a Finance and Controlling Consultant and PS Consultant with Good Testing experience in HPQC
- Worked on Project system module right from the design phase to hyper care support
- E2E Greenfield implementation experience on SAP Hana Finance on Premise Business edition 1610 involving SAP Accounting, SAP Cash Management, SAP Integrated Business Planning for Finance, Bank Account Management, New Asset Accounting & COPA - Account Based.
- Worked on blueprint & process finalization along with business owners.
- Configured S/4 Finance in FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-AA, CO-CEA, CO-CCA, CO-IO, CO-PCA, CO-PA.
- Strong knowledge in all the project life cycle, unit testing and Integration testing.
- Worked on Role Mapping with users along with BPO’s
- Strong Knowledge in all kinds of documentation related to implementation project.
- Strong experience in handling the customer and giving the training to the BPO’s and Power users.
SAP FICO Lead
Confidential, New York, NY
- Defined expense accounts, revenue accounts for realized exchange rate difference, differentiated the accounts by currency, exchange rate gains, and exchange rate losses and then posted to separate accounts for the individual currencies and foreign currency valuations.
- Customized and implemented the revenue recognition, including the customization for FI accounts for unbilled and deferred revenue.
- Configured dunning program, dunning levels, dunning areas and dunning forms for each company at company code level. Configured payment terms for dunning, for over-due interest calculations, for down payments and automatic clearing of line items. Report specifications to ABAP programmers regarding report format objects of the report, technical information i.e. tables fields and then testing.
- Implemented New GL, activated new Ledger, performed document splitting, Parallel Accounting and periodic processing. Configured Lockbox Application conforming to BAI2 format.
- Preparation of Revenue Accounts and Assignment of GL accounts. Maintained the Budget Profiles and set the tolerance limit for the availability control
- Configured Controlling Area Settings, Number ranges, and Maintained Versions. Defining Settlement Rules and creating Selection Variants.
- Created documentation for the Fixed Assets module for the client from scratch. Worked on testing the new Fiscal Year Variant and its impact on Fixed Assets. Fixed Production support issues related to Fixed Assets.
- Involved in solving Depreciation key related issues. Built good interaction with technical people when working on Enhancements.
- Configuring all business transactions for Accounts Payable and Account Receivables including the Payment Program Configuration to generate the Payment Advice notes and to print the checks to make the payment for all Account Payable that are due, clearing of vendor and customer accounts that are due Items, Bank Master Data, House Banks for payment Program, Credit Management and Treasury and Cash Management.
- Creation of Tolerance groups for GR/IR clearing. Revise and delete Terms of Payment.
- Created Chart of Accounts, Asset Classes, Master Data, Valuation, Asset types, Allocations of number ranges and transfers of legacy data in Asset Management Module.
- Defined Depreciation areas, Depreciation terms, and periodic processing. Configuring Account Determinations, Depreciation Keys and Number Ranges for Asset Classes. Configuring Account Assignments for Asset Acquisitions, Retirements and Inter-company transfers.